Most Advantageous WHM Cure Potency Setup?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
Most advantageous WHM Cure Potency setup?
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-09 16:48:36  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Something to keep in mind is how much Healing Skill does Light Arts translate to? I wonder how that stacks up against X amount of MND

Anyone know how much Light Arts adds to Healing Skill for a capped Healing Skill WHM?

I wonder how much healing skill it is to = 1 MND.

the thing to compare will be:
X = Healing Skill given by /SCH Light Arts.

X + 25 Healing Skill + 60MND vs 30 Healing Skill + 76 MND + 1% Cure Potency

basically (1% Cure potency + 5 Healing Skill + 16 MND) would have to by some miracle be less than the total healing skill given by X for the DW setup to the the inferior cure set I just can't recall how valuable healing skill is compared to mind to say for sure
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-05-09 16:53:47  
iirc it just bumps you up to a b/b- or w/e the skill is level, so if you're capped it does nothing
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-09 16:58:02  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
it would never be better to not use 2 aquasoul rings (outside med ring etc) so tamas and sirona have no place in the "ultimate" setup

I think it's going to depend really and "the most advantageous" doesn't mean the highest "cure" amount of HP it usually factors in the Solace bonus from AF3+2 body

Someone also mentioned templar mace + Tefnut Wand dual wield with /NIN etc. idunno though it's going to come down to the follow I suppose:

3% more cure potency/12 more MND (from main/sub) + a possible 4 MND in the earring slot not having to use Orison

This would also allow you to hit a true 50% without healing feather/ med ring AND be able to get Solace bonus from AF3+2 the bad part is you need to be able to DW. That's something significant to note this was not possible before this update.

the extra mind won't do you more good then -5 enmity unless you are -enmity capped. mind has very little effect on cure potency.

wtf you talking about once cure potency is capped MND the most important factor to contributing to the Cure amount (on a Cure V + VI where there is no MND cap) also WHMs don't really worry about -enm much given the low amount of enm produced from V and the -enm given from MM

Formula
h = floor(((3*(MND + Healing Magic/5) + VIT) / x) + y) + Equipment bonus) + Day bonus + Weather bonus)

where h = amount of HP healed; x = 2; y = (-10)
but if

h < 10, then h = 10
20 < h < 31, then x = 4; y = 5
30 < h, then x = 114; y = 29.125
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-09 17:06:42  
Cerberus.Eugene said:
iirc it just bumps you up to a b/b- or w/e the skill is level, so if you're capped it does nothing

possible i never paid attention I thought it broke the cap I guess I can check when the servers get back up
 Unicorn.Motenten
VIP
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Motenten
By Unicorn.Motenten 2011-05-09 17:10:26  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Cerberus.Eugene said:

possible i never paid attention I thought it broke the cap I guess I can check when the servers get back up

Light Arts put Healing Magic at 341. Skill cap for Whm is 361. I've been paying attention to it since I've been skilling up Healing Magic recently.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-09 17:22:36  
ok well than it doesn't do anything for me lol I just hadn't noticed I guess.. thank you.

well than that means 100% the DW WHM is the "most advantageous" cure set how messed up is that lol.

DW required: 50% cure potency + Aff Solace 10% Bonus, 76 MND, 30 Healing Skill, Refresh +2, 5% MP return from Cures

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Nekonarf
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Nekonarf 2011-05-09 17:39:58  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
WHM/NIN sounds pretty niffy lol, I like /BLM for stuns tbh :S

ftfy?

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-09 17:53:57  
WHM/NIN the new standard, lol.

would be cool to be able to melee with clubs and then when you do need to cure you could do so without having to change weapons and lose TP every two seconds.
 Asura.Fetus
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Fetus 2011-05-09 22:25:20  
And lose everything that /SCH or /RDM offers? So you can melee with shitty DMG42/DMG29 clubs? I'm not sure if you guys are being serious right now or not.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-05-09 22:33:40  
Asura.Fetus said:
NO FUN ALLOWED! NOW GET BACK TO CURING!!!

:(
By Mahoro577 2011-05-17 12:32:20  
Quetzalcoatl.Vileplume said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
This is the best now?

That wand is just a sidegrade or for people who don't want to do magian and get a Surya's +2.

^Still probably the best you can get.

Verse Strap +1 beats Reign Grip if you factor in the Enmity -. Although WHM's can debate the uses of an extra 3 Enmity -, it is still an advantage from that grip.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-17 13:13:12  
a lot of people don't list Verse Strap +1 because it's never been sold on their server (both my old server and new server after the merge 0 sold on AH)

You can always assume you can swap out ammo/sub/belt for equal pieces beneficial pieces in terms of Cure amount, the side benefits are just extra perks so arguing over which piece should be swapped is kinda of pointless. Some will be easier than others or cheaper at the end of the day they all add the same amount of Cure. -enm doesn't add to the Cure and enhancing skill won't help your belt and MP+5 same thing.

Sub - Verse Strap +1 for Reign Grip
Ammo - Aqua Sachet for Quartz Tathlum or Bibiki Seashell
Waist - Cascade Belt for Cognizant Belt

Post deleted by User.
By Mahoro577 2011-05-17 14:59:54  
I definitely agree Enmity -3 doesn't affect the cure amount, but of all the side benefits/extra perks in the sub/ammo/waist category you listed, Enmity - is certainly better to have for Cures over MP, CHR, or Enhancing Skill. Thus, people would be doing a disservice not to list it in their "ideal" sets, and in this case I do not think it is pointless to discuss the "sidegrade." Also, we have been discussing the Tefnut Wand in this thread which is a new item not listed on my servers' AH's yet, so I think stuff not listed on AH is fair game (the Roundel itself is hardly ever found on AH due to rarity).

The Strap is certainly a lot easier to get your hands on than a Roundel. I don't even have the Strap just yet, but I have access to some crafters in my LS who have already HQ'd 1 or 2 and it is one of my top priorities on WHM at the moment.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-05-17 17:41:45  
Hey I would take one if I could find one.. I'm not kidding when I say literally 0 have sold on the AH for both Gilgamesh and Carbuncle servers.

I am definately not saying it's not better or the best option, it's absolutely a better option than a Reign. But I have seen multiple Roundels on the AH they often don't sell so for me Roundel seems easier to obtain. I also don't know which of my friends do synergy or what level would be needed or how many of my friends have LC capped but I haven't really asked/looked around.

Also for the record I almost always make a point to state the clause when posting Cure item sets that you can swap those 3 pieces as you see fit. I think all people should note the same just to save people from arguing.

If a WHM is to the point that they built a 50% build and doesn't know the options for ammo/sub/waist slots than I don't know what to say seems like nitpicking those pieces is kind of a last step of perfection. The waist is easy either way just preference MP vs Enhancing the Aqua Satchet is easiest to get and possibly the best and the sub I think it's a matter of cheap and easily obtainable and expensive less obtainable.