Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22236 22237 22238 ... 22553 22554 22555
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-19 07:05:16  
New year, same joke.

Happy (NOT a) fathers day!

The best holiday.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-19 07:53:37  
I can always trust urbandictionary.com for my rescue.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-19 09:14:37  
Yay

Just with a couple of tips and Im already owning the AoM hard mode.

More some victories then gonna challenge the Titan mode.
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2022-06-20 20:16:39  
YouTube Video Placeholder

I was amused

*Shrugs*
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-20 22:36:46  

this'll always be my favorite MGR meme
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ozment
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2022-06-21 22:05:20  
[+]
By Draylo 2022-06-22 04:19:15  
Last two epi of obi wan were really good.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-22 07:33:27  
Draylo said: »
Last two epi of obi wan were really good.

Mildly unrelated, you notice that old star wars was "character always gets hand cut off and survives" and "character falls down thing and survives" and new star wars is "character is stabbed one time in the stomach and survives"

I know, "story", but there is entirely too much halfassery in the killing people but not really. There is far too many assumed dead and no one actually dying in the whole series.

You have a laser sword. They make more effort in cutting open doors, than they do with cutting open human(oid)s. Follow through.
By Viciouss 2022-06-22 08:07:49  
Kenobi did finish well at least. But yeah, overall not a good series.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 08:15:31  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Mildly unrelated, you notice that old star wars was "character always gets hand cut off and survives" and "character falls down thing and survives" and new star wars is "character is stabbed one time in the stomach and survives"

I know, "story", but there is entirely too much halfassery in the killing people but not really. There is far too many assumed dead and no one actually dying in the whole series.

You have a laser sword. They make more effort in cutting open doors, than they do with cutting open human(oid)s. Follow through.
lol that would explain this shitpost I saw today...
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-22 10:39:28  
I always thought that a lightsaber wound would self-cauterize and if a person got lucky with location, they would have a shot^^
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-22 10:46:42  
The lightsaber is (besides the fact OBVIOUSLY) an impossibility.

It can't be so hot that it can instantly melt steel, and cool enough to be held in your hand, your body would literally vaporize just from holding it.

It does cauterize, but it would also explode any flesh it touched. So sure you don't bleed to death, that's how a sword kills you... but it really is a game of inches. People survive gunshots and impalement all the time.

"space magic"
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 11:23:37  
I love it when people are like "It's fiction; magic and space wizards! Who cares?!"

The audience cares. If you make stuff up as you go along without establishing how anything works, people are going to notice. It's exacerbated the longer you tell stories set within that universe.
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-22 11:31:56  
Just throw in a Jar Jar meesa ruin da franchise, to distract from logic.
Hollywood is easy
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 11:49:20  
With how many other issues the prequels had, I wouldn't be surprised if Jar-Jar was there solely as means to attract hatred.

"No one will notice how virtually nothing makes sense because the audience is too busy hyperventilating with rage over our dumb comedy relief!"
By Musashi232 2022-06-22 12:15:10  
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 12:49:18  
What is that? I'm scared to click on it lol
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-22 14:49:24  
Maybe if you can bend the light so that it can keep looping infinitely in a short space like the size of a sword blade, even a small light beam can generate that much energy contained in that space, replicating the light saber effect.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 15:15:39  
But why would you want to? ...Outside of "Because, it's cool!"

I get it. Knights use swords. Lasers are space-age technology. It's a neat idea that a Space Knight would use a sword made out of lasers.

But really, you'd be better off just shooting the laser out of a gun. They even mention that in the original series. Lightsabers were like an ancient tool used before they realized they could shoot those lasers out of guns. Just like how we used iron spears and swords on Earth before we realized we could shoot that same metal out of tubes with a little bit of nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur.

Then the prequels (and everything since) did what every other series does when it tries to win box office sales: make the things we remember into needlessly important "ultimate" artifacts. Suddenly lightsabers are inexplicably overpowered, and the writers have to distract you so you aren't considering that a Jedi with enough hand-eye coordination to parry light out of the air with a sword might be 100x better off using those same skills and talents to shoot laser pistols and rifles themselves.
By Draylo 2022-06-22 18:57:40  
Yeah I guess you really cant analyze things. I saw a video from an astronaught say theres no sound in space as it cant travel to your ears. So those cool blaster sounds from space ships and explosions are made up!
By Draylo 2022-06-22 19:40:46  
The best things from these shows is they always do really cool figures, excited for what they do for obi-wan.

[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-22 20:10:55  
Second day I went to work at office, and im already feeling sick...
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-22 20:46:52  
Look, Star Wars is a 1930s era pulp serial turned into a movie.

THEY SAID THIS LONG AGO.

Think John Carter level of SF tech and understanding.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-22 20:48:37  
All this talk about fake laser swords is all well and good but no one has talked about whether or not jet fuel can melt steel beams
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-22 21:16:00  
Yeah I guess you really cant analyze things.
It's really easy to ignore those details when they're in the background or aren't super relevant to the plot. The longer a series goes on, the more in-depth you must explore its universe, and the more likely some nerds are going to start poking holes in it.

A friend of mine absolutely despises Disney for retconning every piece of expanded literature in Star Wars. And it was for nothing, because they didn't take it as an opportunity to evaluate the magic and technology.

I dunno. If I had it my way I'd gently lay the remains of Star Wars to rest to make way for a new series or something.
By Jetackuu 2022-06-22 21:22:28  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
But why would you want to? ...Outside of "Because, it's cool!"

I get it. Knights use swords. Lasers are space-age technology. It's a neat idea that a Space Knight would use a sword made out of lasers.

But really, you'd be better off just shooting the laser out of a gun. They even mention that in the original series. Lightsabers were like an ancient tool used before they realized they could shoot those lasers out of guns. Just like how we used iron spears and swords on Earth before we realized we could shoot that same metal out of tubes with a little bit of nitrate, charcoal, and sulfur.

Then the prequels (and everything since) did what every other series does when it tries to win box office sales: make the things we remember into needlessly important "ultimate" artifacts. Suddenly lightsabers are inexplicably overpowered, and the writers have to distract you so you aren't considering that a Jedi with enough hand-eye coordination to parry light out of the air with a sword might be 100x better off using those same skills and talents to shoot laser pistols and rifles themselves.
lolno
By Jetackuu 2022-06-22 21:23:46  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Yeah I guess you really cant analyze things.
It's really easy to ignore those details when they're in the background or aren't super relevant to the plot. The longer a series goes on, the more in-depth you must explore its universe, and the more likely some nerds are going to start poking holes in it.

A friend of mine absolutely despises Disney for retconning every piece of expanded literature in Star Wars. And it was for nothing, because they didn't take it as an opportunity to evaluate the magic and technology.

I dunno. If I had it my way I'd gently lay the remains of Star Wars to rest to make way for a new series or something.
It only made sense for them to scrap it, and it is paying off.
By Viciouss 2022-06-22 21:43:49  
They have a lot of new projects that are going backwards in time, promising to not involve the Skywalkers at all. That is something to look forward to. Andor also looks good. But the Mandalorian has been overrated garbage, Boba Fett was okay, and I'm not really looking forward to the Ahsoka show. They definitely need to get away from the Skywalker era.
By Jetackuu 2022-06-22 21:45:49  
Always thought Fett was total garbage until his solo show. Never understood why people thought he was badass.
By Viciouss 2022-06-22 21:54:48  
Because he is a badass in all of his appearances. I remember fighting against him in Shadows of the Empire on N64.
First Page 2 3 ... 22236 22237 22238 ... 22553 22554 22555