Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22237 22238 22239 ... 22553 22554 22555
By Draylo 2022-06-22 23:29:49  
Book of Bobba was kinda lame tbh, I was still incredibly shocked they literally put an episode of the Mandalorian in his own show lol. The character itself was always a joke but he had really cool armor, I think that just resonated with people.
 Bahamut.Demoncard
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2022-06-23 00:15:26  
If I were Darth Shroom, using my sith powers, I would give the jedi wedgies from a distance.

First I'd get Yoda
"I feel...a disturbance in the shorts. Troublesome, my pants have become."
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-23 03:38:03  
Well, after a couple of days doing Titan difficulty in AoM, im stucked and can no put a decent fight against the IA, meaning i will need to review my strategies.

Given how fast the IA can grow, I wont be able to do more than barely resisting during the 3/4ths of the match. There is no way to build an army and do even a guerrilla attack against them. So my best bet, i guess, is trying to secure all gold mine points and disrupting IA economy growth.

Thats coming next.
By Jetackuu 2022-06-23 09:11:27  
Viciouss said: »
Because he is a badass in all of his appearances. I remember fighting against him in Shadows of the Empire on N64.
He objectively isn't.

ep5: followed the MF to the cloud city on Bespin, was given Han by those that captured him.

ep6: drunk off his ***, got accidentally hit in the rocket pack and fell into the Sarlac pit. Pathetic at best.

Up until recently that is the only canon for Fett, and he sucked ***.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-23 10:14:45  
Jetackuu said: »
Because he is a badass in all of his appearances. I remember fighting against him in Shadows of the Empire on N64.
He objectively isn't.

ep5: followed the MF to the cloud city on Bespin, was given Han by those that captured him.

ep6: drunk off his ***, got accidentally hit in the rocket pack and fell into the Sarlac pit. Pathetic at best.

Up until recently that is the only canon for Fett, and he sucked ***.

THANK YOU. Just creating a mythos around a character that never shows his face doesn't make him badass. If anything, he's just a coward clone prototype scared shitless and hiding.

Really never understood the fascination with Fett, and glad to see I'm not on this island alone.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-23 13:43:42  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Really never understood the fascination with Fett, and glad to see I'm not on this island alone.
He looked cool. Other minor characters looked cooler though.

Had to be the bounty hunter thing. Or something.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-23 14:02:16  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
He looked cool. Other minor characters looked cooler though.

Had to be the bounty hunter thing. Or something.
The helmet looked cool and mysterious. You had no idea what he looked like until the prequels. He had a jet-pack, a cool laser gun, other neat-looking gadgets, etc. And yeah, he's also a bounty hunter, which is about the coolest job for young minds to imagine. Honestly, I think that was intentional. Like "here's this super cool, mysterious badass and-- oops, he fell down the hole! womp-womp!"

His design is brilliant. So much so that you forget he was completely useless in the original material. It's like Sonic the Hedgehog. You keep wanting to see him not suck because the design is too good to pass up.

A person I graduated with is infatuated with Boba Fett. Going so far as getting a Mandalorian tattoo, following the actor (Jeremy Bulloch) around and getting autographs and stuff. And that's even before anything came out that made the character as badass as he's supposed to be.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-23 15:31:08  
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

His design is brilliant. So much so that you forget he was completely useless in the original material. It's like Sonic the Hedgehog. You keep wanting to see him not suck because the design is too good to pass up.

This is kinda accurate. It's the mystery. He looked neat, and the idea was badass. Of course the reality wasn't badass. He's kinda "meh at best"
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-06-23 19:52:04  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
he fell down the hole! womp-womp!"

My AMAN Trove trauma is being triggered right now. I need a safe space.

*imagines it's 1997, I'm playing Final Fantasy VII, farming Hardedge in Shinra Tower via Steal, and 'Homeward Bound' is playing off to the side on a 27 inch sony trinitron. Bumping the cardigans gran turismo and the offspring ixnay on the hombre. I may be eating cheetos and drinking Mntn dew, but I eat cheetos from a bowl with a spoon because that's just a weird thing I do. No cheesedoodle fingertips for my keyboards/controllers.*

#smart
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-23 21:27:03  
Welp, in spite of all my efforts to the contrary, I finally got Covid. The first 48 hours were pretty rough, but I think I'm back on the mend.

It's probably the most unusual illness I've ever had to deal with. Aside from just feeling like crap, the only notable symptom has been a constant cycle of fever rising and falling, forcing me to bundle up due to severe chills only to suddenly get overheated and sweaty when the fever breaks. Sometimes I felt hot and cold at the same time.
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-06-23 21:45:20  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »
Welp, in spite of all my efforts to the contrary, I finally got Covid. The first 48 hours were pretty rough, but I think I'm back on the mend.

It's probably the most unusual illness I've ever had to deal with. Aside from just feeling like crap, the only notable symptom has been a constant cycle of fever rising and falling, forcing me to bundle up due to severe chills only to suddenly get overheated and sweaty when the fever breaks. Sometimes I felt hot and cold at the same time.

that sucks. Hope you recover and don't have long covid.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-24 01:45:33  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

that sucks. Hope you recover and don't have long covid.

Thanks! I already got a "long" version of a virus once in my life. I caught mono when I was 18 and have had chronic fatigue ever since. It's nothing quite so bad that I need to go on disability or anything, but it still sucks. Some of the symptoms of long Covid are in the same general category, but I'm keeping an eye out regardless....
By Draylo 2022-06-24 02:03:01  
They are raising rents up to 30% in NYC! Seems like most major cities are feeling it, revenge of the landlords.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-24 02:08:10  
Man NYC rent is already ridiculous too
By Draylo 2022-06-24 02:46:13  
Yep, most people I know are being quoted a 1k increase in rent and apparently being told there are lines of people ready to rent those units. It's pretty insane, I have no idea who the heck is moving into NYC now but apparently its happening or there's some massive market manipulation going on. Yet crime is at an all time high and its dangerous more than ever here, just insane all around.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 07:35:26  
Housing bubble finally on the verge of bursting (again)

I'm really not sure how many more "once in a life time" repeats we can stomach lol.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 07:54:16  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

I'm really not sure how many more "once in a life time" repeats we can stomach lol.
Yeah in a few years from now when everyone goes to renew their mortgages from 0.5% to 7.0% or whatever it'll be, it's not going to be pretty...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 08:20:43  

Its only news if it sounds earth-shattering. "largest single rate hike in 28 years" sounds horrible, until its realized that interest rates were kept artifically low just to keep that market rocking. In my limited knowledge this "correction" is gonna hurt, but its long overdue.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 08:27:27  
It helps to understand that everything is fake.

Everything is manipulated, everything is artificially altered up and down in the name of stability. Until they just have to admit they can't keep it up and let reality take over for a minute and "correct". Then the new round of manipulation.

Absolutely nothing can function without some creative and "legal" manipulation
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 08:28:52  
of course- is it all fake if we all agree to accept it? This is where those waters get particularly murky and no one comes out clean^^
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 08:41:39  
The one thing that isn't fake are the contracts and leftover funds as a result of that market. Someone who had to pay $100,000 over asking price to secure their bid and is house poor as a result of it isn't going to fare well when the banks suddenly demand 20% interest, especially as the cost of literally every necessity (energy, food, etc.) is also skyrocketing.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-24 08:49:29  
Draylo said: »
They are raising rents up to 30% in NYC! Seems like most major cities are feeling it, revenge of the landlords.
Well, the landlords heard that minimum wage is going up so they want your raise.

Problem is the gas station and the grocery store beat them to it.

Rent increases are 40% of our current inflation.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 09:16:04  

... You have my attention.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 09:20:15  

... You have my attention.
haha, a lot better than something getting a TV-MA rating on netflix just because someone lights up a cigarette, but TV-14 if they shoot someone.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 10:39:39  
There's a new korean series

Money Heist: Korea – Joint Economic Area

And Beavis and Butthead movie.

And the new The Boys.

it's a good entertainment day.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 12:03:43  
If anyone suddenly this morning had a strong need to go camping, and there's just no where left to go camping where they live, know that out here in Colorado there are plenty of lovely places to go camping, along with lots of friendly people to help you get to your campsite, any supplies you might need, and certainly can keep your camping trip quiet.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-24 12:36:21  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
If anyone suddenly this morning had a strong need to go camping, and there's just no where left to go camping where they live, know that out here in Colorado there are plenty of lovely places to go camping, along with lots of friendly people to help you get to your campsite, any supplies you might need, and certainly can keep your camping trip quiet.
This one's going "woosh" over my head.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 12:56:55  
A thing happened officially today.

Interstate tourism about to increase in popularity.

But only specific states. Of which Colorado is one.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-24 13:12:38  
I just wonder how many more straws till this camel collapses. Cause it's grim boys.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-24 13:13:12  
I just wonder how many more straws till this camel collapses. Cause it's grim boys.
Three.
First Page 2 3 ... 22237 22238 22239 ... 22553 22554 22555