Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 22235 22236 22237 ... 22573 22574 22575
By Viciouss 2022-06-16 12:54:46  
Kenobi continues its death spiral.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-06-16 13:54:35  
Pantafernando said: »
Fenrir.Richybear said: »
"WHM is the greatest mule job of all time"

Imo

Was saying it as a quote for Jessi to say to their friend though. Convince person that WHM is good, so they tag along as your personal healer.

Not that I can say much, I'm perma Richybard for life lol
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-16 15:18:58  
Convince person that WHM is good, so they tag along as your personal healer.
Coincidentally, that same person was suggesting I play White Mage in XIV, based on how I said I liked the player urgency and emergent gameplay in XI. Which is true. In fact, I was planning on going for either Paladin or White Mage in that game for that reason.

They were asking me if Monk was in XI, as that's their main in XIV. But for someone coming from XIV, I'm not sure that's what I'd suggest given how few buttons a player presses. Even I got bored playing that job. I'm almost thinking something like Dancer has a bit more of an ongoing sequence of buttons to mash to better ease someone from one game to the other.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-16 16:58:23  
I wanna run a fiber network thru my crawlspace. Time to plan.
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-16 17:01:07  
FF7 25TH ANNIVERSARY (live) That was very short, and already over, lol
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
By Viciouss 2022-06-16 17:06:21  
Integrade on Steam tomorrow, nice
By Viciouss 2022-06-16 17:19:04  
Wow, Part 2 is next Winter. Didn't expect that.
By Draylo 2022-06-16 17:25:35  
Only three games, they must be packing tons into the 2nd game then...
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2022-06-16 21:48:17  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
Convince person that WHM is good, so they tag along as your personal healer.
Coincidentally, that same person was suggesting I play White Mage in XIV, based on how I said I liked the player urgency and emergent gameplay in XI. Which is true. In fact, I was planning on going for either Paladin or White Mage in that game for that reason.

They were asking me if Monk was in XI, as that's their main in XIV. But for someone coming from XIV, I'm not sure that's what I'd suggest given how few buttons a player presses. Even I got bored playing that job. I'm almost thinking something like Dancer has a bit more of an ongoing sequence of buttons to mash to better ease someone from one game to the other.

Honestly, I'd suggest him RDM or BLU. Picking XI back up, those jobs feel far more active to me, especially RDM because you have to apply all the debuffs while also fighting and such.

They would also give them an opportunity to learn the systems of XI that XIV dropped, like elemental absorptions, true debuffs and resistances, physical damage types etc.

My prediction is they come down with hurting brain a couple dozen hours in and give up the ghost, but I am hoping I am wrong and they enjoy it and enjoy playing with you!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2022-06-16 22:26:50  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Honestly, I'd suggest him RDM or BLU. Picking XI back up, those jobs feel far more active to me, especially RDM because you have to apply all the debuffs while also fighting and such.

They would also give them an opportunity to learn the systems of XI that XIV dropped, like elemental absorptions, true debuffs and resistances, physical damage types etc.

My prediction is they come down with hurting brain a couple dozen hours in and give up the ghost, but I am hoping I am wrong and they enjoy it and enjoy playing with you!
Yeah I thought about RDM and BLU as well.

This also isn't the first time they've told me they were going to try XI. I'm mostly expecting it to not happen. A big part of me hopes it doesn't.
By Draylo 2022-06-16 22:27:48  
Anything but GEO lol. While that is probably the easiest job to help out on, its the most boring if you aren't optimized.
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-17 01:17:05  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
I got to hit up this bomb *** taco truck today for lunch.

I only mention it to *** about cheese lol. There's nothing I hate more than taking something objectively delicious, and covering it in cheedar or american cheese. Abomination.

This joint had a 4 cheese blend (moz gouda fetta and I forgot), but you always have to ask which cheese is "cheese" for fear of that yellow horseshit they claim is "cheese".

Also, it's like a hundred outside.
Quote:
Excessive Heat Warning in Michigan today; will feel like 105 degrees

It's rare that it's not over 100° here in AZ lately. But I grew up in the Midwest, so I know how much harder that 100° hits when paired with humidity.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-17 01:24:13  
Draylo said: »
Only three games, they must be packing tons into the 2nd game then...

I would assume so, yes. Three was what I was expecting, though. If you cut what remains in half, what is the natural endpoint for game 2? Some are saying the Disc 1 ending, but it might make more sense to end off at the part where the Black Materia is handed off in the Northern Crater.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-17 01:52:00  
Yesterday I pratically didnt win any match against IA in AoM...

My default strategy of focusing 75% of the play in gathering resources leaving the defense mostly for the buildings was not good enough when the IA was smart enough to redirect its troops to enter the gaps of it and go straight to the villagers, interrupting my production while I move my army to the front. And unfortunelly, the fight happens right over my plantation whats terrible to me...

I guess my greatest weakness is my prejudice with fighting with humans. Instead, I favor myth units, mainly the colossus. But they just becomes available later in the play, opening a huge gap in my army which is where i need to improve: I need to fight against my prejudice and focus in training some so so human army to enforce my defense till I reach my last stage.

Also, I need to stop trusting too much in my building defenses. Ive been too arrogant thinking IA wouldnt target my defense's gaps but they are doing it. When I dont have the geography advantage, i need to build more walls or place my villagers covered by my army.

Finally, I need to be more proactive while gathering resources. Ive been resisting too much the idea of attacking first during my gathering phase, but I wont win consistantly if I just leave my opponent alone during the play. I need to attack despite my focus being in growing.

I guess its like they say: live by the sword, die by the sword. If the IA likes to target my villagers, I guess I will need to hurt its villagers when I can...
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-17 02:05:32  
You may wonder: wtf hes writing so much when he isnt talking to anyone in particular?

Well, good question but I feel like typing some situation like trying to communicate to someone else helps to better describe some thing that need to be better comprehended. I could just make notes in my notebook but then I wouldnt make an effort to improve the communication, afterall, its for myself. Also, I could just save it in my memory but thats the lowest effective method because its generally ignored by the brain.

Also, there is a conspiracy theory that tells about a "collective mind". That is, if a group starts to developing something somewhere, by "mental waves", another distant group, despite not being verbally communicating about a particular circunstantion, grasp that thought. It isnt a proper communication over air but feels like people becomes more open to learning something.

Its bizarre but the point is, I think there is a communication between species to happen over the human normal channels of speaking and writing/drawing, etc.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-17 11:53:05  
Pop Quiz; Which show will be the bigger disappointment.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Or

Jon Snow (sequel) Just announced by HBO
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2022-06-17 14:04:41  
why not both?
[+]
 Cerberus.Immortalmoon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Immortalmoon 2022-06-17 14:37:27  
bacon mage!!
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2022-06-17 14:40:37  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
Pop Quiz; Which show will be the bigger disappointment.

House of the Dragon (Game of Thrones prequel)

Or

Jon Snow (sequel) Just announced by HBO
I'm with both, but likely the sequel.
By Pantafernando 2022-06-17 18:17:22  
Have anyone buy a dehydrated water?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-17 18:29:34  
The Prequel can still be interesting since it draws from existing characters and events. A Sequel gives them an opportunity to "be creative", and we've already seen the results of that.

Prequel could've been during a much cooler point in history though, like during the conquest of Westoros or the fall of the dragon riders. Seeing Balerion razing entire cities in what is now Dorne would be pretty epic.
By Draylo 2022-06-17 19:15:47  
The new PAK figures look really neat. Too bad the bikes take up too much room they look awesome, but I am running out of space for my little FF7 display lol

[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2022-06-17 20:04:01  
there's already nude mods for FF7. ppl working fast
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-06-17 20:57:40  
So netflix's new movie spiderhead. Kinda blackmirrorsy. Pretty good.

For netflix, anyway. It really has that netflix original "feel". You know, that kinda blah but not in a bad way. Like trying to be just slightly entertaining enough.

(Prisoner experiments, future tech etc, definitely black mirror like)
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2022-06-17 21:23:14  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
there's already nude mods for FF7. ppl working fast

I saw an article headline that mentioned that back in February. They've been at it even longer than you thought!
 Bahamut.Demoncard
user: Demoncard
By Bahamut.Demoncard 2022-06-17 22:00:51  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
Uh oh.

"Japan makes 'online insults' punishable by one year in prison in wake of reality TV star's death. Under the amendment to the country's penal code -- set to take effect later this summer -- offenders convicted of online insults can be jailed for up to one year, or fined 300,000 yen (about $2,200)."

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/14/asia/japan-cyberbullying-law-intl-hnk-scli/index.html
They'll just exchange insults with the other prisoners and then kill even more people when they get out. Instead, they should be rehabilitated. Teach them useful life skills - like how not to write horrible things ending in rolling laughter emojis.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2022-06-18 16:58:38  
Angered people is something really frightening…

Because the self control isn’t actually a common thing. Quite the opposite. People just can use a social mask more easily when they aren’t pressured.

But once the anger starts kicking, that mask simply ruins, and the ugly human-demon face appears. The face that represent the violence, the cursing, the will to destruct.
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2022-06-18 17:15:21  
No one who thinks they are anonymous bothers with self control.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2022-06-18 17:47:14  
Garuda.Chanti said: »
No one who thinks they are anonymous bothers with self control.

kept reading bothers as brothers and couldn't figure out wtf you were trying to say
By Pantafernando 2022-06-19 05:09:20  
Mind blowing...

I just now discovered Wile E. Coyote and Ralph Wolf arent the same person(?)!

Plot twist!
First Page 2 3 ... 22235 22236 22237 ... 22573 22574 22575