Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-29 11:59:41  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
thanks
 Asura.Yunalaysca
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-29 12:04:42  
nice to know, maybe i can find someone tell help me with it.

o btw, something i realised the other day: dnc can get up to 40ish% crit dmg outside of abyssea
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-29 12:05:13  
Wait... how? o.0
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-29 12:09:27  
um going totally off my head:

5% crit dmg trait
5% loki
5% feather
3% cavaros
6% yata
6% yata

and uh i dont remember what else atm
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-29 23:01:47  
We actually have about 8% from trait now. It's silly to gear for Crit damage boost with a ~24% crit rate though.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 00:32:36  
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
We actually have about 8% from trait now. It's silly to gear for Crit damage boost with a ~24% crit rate though.
for evisceration? wut?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-30 01:01:09  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

Outside Abyssea, Dancing Edge has a much better running average due to higher fTP and better modifiers.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 03:35:26  
is that without trying to cap out on crit dmg? cause im experiencing better numbers with evisceration outside abyssea as well than dancing edge
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 04:12:35  
Carbuncle.Asymptotic said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

Outside Abyssea, Dancing Edge has a much better running average due to higher fTP and better modifiers.

If I remember correctly, back before abyssea, if a THF got X's knife, evis suddenly pulled ahed of DE?
If that little boost alone were enough to do that, it should surely be better for DNC now?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 09:45:57  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

I'm not sure that's true now. At the very least you have a 13% increase in critdmg (traits, feather) and probably 18% with Loki's. DEX is higher so your critrate will be at least as high and likely higher. It's nowhere near the increase you see inside Abyssea, but I wouldn't call focusing on Evis outside Abyssea an unreasonable choice now.

Putting this here for lack of anywhere else to mention it and not caring enough to make a new thread: Charis Casaque +2 is 10% DW.
[+]
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 09:54:09  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

I'm not sure that's true now. At the very least you have a 13% increase in critdmg (traits, feather) and probably 18% with Loki's. DEX is higher so your critrate will be at least as high and likely higher. It's nowhere near the increase you see inside Abyssea, but I wouldn't call focusing on Evis outside Abyssea an unreasonable choice now.

Putting this here for lack of anywhere else to mention it and not caring enough to make a new thread: Charis Casaque +2 is 10% DW.
HOT DAMN WOOOOOOOOOT 79.9% delay reduction with just haste, /joy /joy /joy /joy
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-30 09:58:56  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

HOT DAMN WOOOOOOOOOT 79.9% delay reduction with just haste, /joy /joy /joy /joy

Lol, sick >_<
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 10:00:24  
god if only you knew how bad i've been dieing to know this. i kept my fingers crossed the day i saw it.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-30 11:07:28  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
god if only you knew how bad i've been dieing to know this. i kept my fingers crossed the day i saw it.

Nice. Only 8 jewels to go :P (got one from Hedjedjet before it vanished forever)

@Everyone: I'll screw around with what I have and see if I can get some concrete numbers on evis outside, but so far using my abyssea evis set (which has +13% crit dmg boost, +21% if you include native traits), DE has still had better returns using this set:

I was convinced it was because our options for simultaneously increasing DEX and CHR got so much better.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-30 11:38:44  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

I'm still a little new to this 80% delay reduction cap, could someone give a little insight for me please? (As to how to calculate your total delay reduced with both dual wield and haste etc)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-30 11:49:43  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Lakshmi.Byrth said:
for evisceration? wut?

I'm still a little new to this 80% delay reduction cap, could someone give a little insight for me please? (As to how to calculate your total delay reduced with both dual wield and haste etc)
Weapon delay * (1-DW%) * (1-haste%)

Average your delays together when DWing if calculating TP gain.

What this means for DNC: you have 30% base DW, up to 20% from gear (body, neck, suppa), and up to 35% (well, 34.96%... 256/1024 gear + 102/1024 samba) in self-haste without counting /WHM. That's 67.48% delay reduction solo. Add Haste spell (150/1024) and you're at 74.805% delay reduction without a BRD. Add a BRD and you're looking at one of two options - either sing Advancing March + the song of your choice while wearing full DW to cap delay reduction or sing two marches and remove all your DW gear. If you have to drop Haste Samba for Fan Dance then obviously you regain some flexibility in gear with a BRD present.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-12-30 11:57:42  
Okie dokie, thank you.
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 12:02:08  
in regards on how you hit 80%~ delay without brd

gear:
haste: af3+2 head/legs/feet
dual wield: af3+2 body/auric dagger/charis neck/suppa/nusku
atma:
Atma of the omnipotent

without omni:
add haste 4% hands (dusk+1) and 8% haste head

gets you to 78% delay reduction with haste spell and haste samba
 Asura.Yunalaysca
By Asura.Yunalaysca 2010-12-30 12:04:25  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

Nice. Only 8 jewels to go :P (got one from Hedjedjet before it vanished forever)

@Everyone: I'll screw around with what I have and see if I can get some concrete numbers on evis outside, but so far using my abyssea evis set (which has +13% crit dmg boost, +21% if you include native traits), DE has still had better returns using this set:

I was convinced it was because our options for simultaneously increasing DEX and CHR got so much better.
your evisceration set and dancing edge set should be vastly different. so of course using both of those ws on the same set will favor dancing edge more, evisceration has a greater potential.
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2010-12-30 12:30:12  
Asura.Yunalaysca said:
Asura.Yunalaysca said:

your evisceration set and dancing edge set should be vastly different. so of course using both of those ws on the same set will favor dancing edge more, evisceration has a greater potential.

My evisceration set is different :P
That's just my DE set.
Edit: Evis on page 2.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2010-12-30 14:02:07  
Think of the pDIF part of the damage equation like this:

(Average Crit pDIF)*(Chance of Crit Hit)*(Crit damage Boost) + (Average normal pDIF)*(1 - Chance of Crit Hit) = Damage

Outside Abyssea, Attack increases both average normal and crit pDIF in my experience. Also, our chance of Crit hit is dramatically lower (24% instead of 74% for me). So it becomes much more reasonable to stack Attack instead of Crit damage even when using Evisceration.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [245 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-01 22:30:31  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
Think of the pDIF part of the damage equation like this:

(Average Crit pDIF)*(Chance of Crit Hit)*(Crit damage Boost) + (Average normal pDIF)*(1 - Chance of Crit Hit) = Damage

Outside Abyssea, Attack increases both average normal and crit pDIF in my experience. Also, our chance of Crit hit is dramatically lower (24% instead of 74% for me). So it becomes much more reasonable to stack Attack instead of Crit damage even when using Evisceration.

anyone here have a good outside of abyssea Evis Set? been fiddling around i find nifty > atheling outside. so wanted to see what other THF/DNCs had for evis sets outside?
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2011-09-01 22:45:31  
I never use evis outside of abyssea anymore, but this would be my set:

dex+4 earring would probably be better, and not sure on nifty vs atheling. Hecatomb feet probably need to be augmented to beat lithe boots. Heca legs could also replace AF3 legs if you get a crit rate augment.
edit: heca cap+1 can also surpass aias if you get a lucky dex/da augment (damn you redfrost).
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-01 22:53:55  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »

dex+4 earring would probably be better, and not sure on nifty vs atheling. Hecatomb feet probably need to be augmented to beat lithe boots. Heca legs could also replace AF3 legs if you get a crit rate augment.

this is what ive been using i avg id say 1.6kish. but its very inconsistent id say.. Anwig(agi4/dex4 crit2/wsdmg2) and the jupiter's has 6attack on it

head: anwig or aias?
feet: Alcd. Leggings +1 or lithe?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-01 23:31:31  
Phoenix.Kirana said: »

edit: heca cap+1 can also surpass aias if you get a lucky dex/da augment (damn you redfrost).

Never use evis outside? What are you using, DE or Rudra's?
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2011-09-01 23:39:03  
I don't feel like making a new thread for my question since this one exists. Was wondering what I could do to improve my evis/rudra's WS set. I'm also lame and don't know how to post my equip. with the tooltips so I'll just type it out.

Twash, 10%DA Para, Charis Feather, Aias bonnet (evis), Charis tiara +2 (rudra's), Shadow gorget, Spike earring, Brutal earring, Loki's, Charis bangles +2, Rajas, Airy, Atheling mantle, Cuchulain's belt, Tumbler trunks, Charis toeshoes +2.

Not sure what to do with my earrings and rings. Should I throw my Epona's ring on? Keep Brutal earring on? The other slots?

Thanks!
 Bahamut.Cuelebra
By Bahamut.Cuelebra 2011-09-01 23:43:54  
Fenrir.Yuriki said: »
I don't feel like making a new thread for my question since this one exists. Was wondering what I could do to improve my evis/rudra's WS set. I'm also lame and don't know how to post my equip. with the tooltips so I'll just type it out.

Twash, 10%DA Para, Charis Feather, Aias bonnet (evis), Charis tiara +2 (rudra's), Shadow gorget, Spike earring, Brutal earring, Loki's, Charis bangles +2, Rajas, Airy, Atheling mantle, Cuchulain's belt, Tumbler trunks, Charis toeshoes +2.

Not sure what to do with my earrings and rings. Should I throw my Epona's ring on? Keep Brutal earring on? The other slots?

Thanks!

neck: rancor collar > gorget

ear: mermans/aesir or jupiters pearl if u can get instead of spike.

rings:personally i dont like rajas for Evis...i got better numpers with a augmented Jupiters ring from Abyss.Attow (and its free!) umm eponas on other finger.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 23:44:12  

Minus the weapons and rancor collar, pretty much the best you can get inside abyssea.

Brutal only works on the left though.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-09-01 23:47:35  
Ramuh.Austar said: »

Minus the weapons and rancor collar, pretty much the best you can get inside abyssea.

Brutal only works on the left though.
Your placement of Rajas is askew
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7