Christian Woman, Mother Of 5 Sentenced To Death Fo

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14
 Caitsith.Ryder
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2010-11-12 03:07:44  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Ryder said:
First of all, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in the Middle East.. I don't understand certain people though. Why in the hell would someone go and say things about their religion knowing how sensitive some people are about that type of stuff. Know your place, yes you might believe what you're saying, but you're saying it to the wrong crowd.. Now I'm not condoning this behavior, I think is despicable. That's why I will never visit the Middle East. But I don't think is their religion itself, because we have morons in every religion and I know religious people that are awesome.. It's the fanatics that use religion to make a point, in fact most of them justify their actions through religion. Therefore giving a religion a bad name. Live and let live..

you have to blame the basis of the religion and those that take said religions seriously, devout believers believe if they don't smite the infidels they will be punished and if they do they'll be rewarded, it's part of the religion, and christianity is no different in that aspect.

Fair enough, I now think is a combination of both. I guess some people do read way into stuff and take things way outta context. Still if us, as people would just show more tolerance towards each other, then we be better off. It's so simple yet the hardest thing to do. I think all religious fanatics are bigots.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:18:45  
Caitsith.Ryder said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Ryder said:
First of all, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in the Middle East.. I don't understand certain people though. Why in the hell would someone go and say things about their religion knowing how sensitive some people are about that type of stuff. Know your place, yes you might believe what you're saying, but you're saying it to the wrong crowd.. Now I'm not condoning this behavior, I think is despicable. That's why I will never visit the Middle East. But I don't think is their religion itself, because we have morons in every religion and I know religious people that are awesome.. It's the fanatics that use religion to make a point, in fact most of them justify their actions through religion. Therefore giving a religion a bad name. Live and let live..

you have to blame the basis of the religion and those that take said religions seriously, devout believers believe if they don't smite the infidels they will be punished and if they do they'll be rewarded, it's part of the religion, and christianity is no different in that aspect.

Fair enough, I now think is a combination of both. I guess some people do read way into stuff and take things way outta context. Still if us, as people would just show more tolerance towards each other, then we be better off. It's so simple yet the hardest thing to do. I think all religious fanatics are bigots.

you can't really take ***like this out of context:

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Just sayin'

It's bad when an *** like me even isn't this much of a ***.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:18:53  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Only read OP

Nice way to enforce religion onto a country, I have some friends that are Muslim and their women are ***afraid to get caught doing anything. It is crazy, and if anything the punishments are harder on the women.

This is stupid, nice way to leave 5 children with out a mother I hope she *** flee's the country or hides in a hole for some time, ***. I don't have anything against their religion, but I sure do against their laws.

their laws are part of their religion, so you have something against their religion, just sayin'
their laws are influenced by their religion, does not make them the same thing, they are entirely two things.

[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:19:33  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Only read OP

Nice way to enforce religion onto a country, I have some friends that are Muslim and their women are ***afraid to get caught doing anything. It is crazy, and if anything the punishments are harder on the women.

This is stupid, nice way to leave 5 children with out a mother I hope she *** flee's the country or hides in a hole for some time, ***. I don't have anything against their religion, but I sure do against their laws.

their laws are part of their religion, so you have something against their religion, just sayin'
their laws are influenced by their religion, does not make them the same thing, they are entirely two things.

you obviously don't understand their laws nor their religion then.
 Caitsith.Ryder
By Caitsith.Ryder 2010-11-12 03:24:25  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Ryder said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Caitsith.Ryder said:

"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

If a man commits adultery with another man's wife, both the man and the woman must be put to death. (Leviticus 20:10 NLT)

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Whoever sacrifices to any god, except the Lord alone, shall be doomed. (Exodus 22:19 NAB)

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Just sayin'

Wow, these sound made up, there's no way this is part of the Qur'an
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:25:21  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Only read OP

Oh and you do? Mr. Right on everything around the forums.

Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:28:13  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Only read OP

Oh and you do? Mr. Right on everything around the forums.

Don't answer that, it was a rhetorical question.

when you have a church-state government, your religion is your laws, not really that hard to understand.

Also just because you typically don't know what you're talking about (at all) doesn't make me a (know it all)
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:32:40  
oh so you're assuming? great. enlighten me with knowledge please.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:34:30  
perhaps i know what i am saying and you dont know ***, thats why you think i 'typically' don't know anything.

btw, i was being sarcastic when I called you a know it all sir.

but then again, I don't give a *** to teach you anything new or not. I am sharing what I know in hopes someone with the same level of knowledge does the same.

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 03:37:08  
The fact that she's a Christian, woman or mother of 5 is regardless. Follow the laws of a country or face the repercussions.

When in Rome.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ryder
By Caitsith.Ryder 2010-11-12 03:40:03  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The fact that she's a Christian, woman or mother of 5 is regardless. Follow the laws of a country or face the repercussions.

When in Rome.

You said what I said, but better lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:41:11  
Phoenix.Darki said:
perhaps i know what i am saying and you dont know ***, thats why you think i 'typically' don't know anything.

but then again, I don't give a *** to teach you anything new or not. I am sharing what I know in hopes someone with the same level of knowledge does the same.

but you don't, that's the thing. Also I'm a great deal smarter than you so we won't go there.

duh.

I'd say I don't think there are that many retards in the world, but I know better.
 Fenrir.Mankey
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Mankey 2010-11-12 03:42:43  
Go Go Organized peaceful religions :D
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:42:58  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

but you don't, that's the thing. Also I'm a great deal smarter than you so we won't go there.

duh.

I'd say I don't think there are that many retards in the world, but I know better.
people who are 'smarter' dont need to claim it.
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-11-12 03:43:53  
Quote:

Just sayin'

The problem is that you quote the OLD TESTAMENT and take it as a representative of Christian faith, altho most CHristian teachings are now based on the NEW testament. (hurr durr)
OLD TESTAMENT is NOT the sasme as the NEW TESTAMENT. Also Christianity had the reformation and the enlightenment movements, that changed the interpretation of the religion dramatically.

There was never and will never be a renaissance in the Islam, because unlike the Bible, the Koran is said to be the DIRECT WORDS of god and if you do not ACCEPT, FOLLOW and BELIEVE them 100% you are ment to be killed.
Plus a Islam leader a few centuries back, banned all philosophy and interpretation of the Koran, punishing these with DEATH!

So yeah, while jews and christians ponder on how their holy texts should be interpretet, the muslims are not allowed to do this. Their religion has stopped developing after its creation.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:46:38  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

duh.

people who are 'smarter' dont need to claim it.

no but stroking my own ego pleases myself.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:48:08  
yes because that has taken you very far.
so much for being smart kiddo
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:50:04  
Bismarck.Helixx said:
Quote:

Just sayin'

The problem is that you quote the OLD TESTAMENT and take it as a representative of Christian faith, altho most CHristian teachings are now based on the NEW testament. (hurr durr)
OLD TESTAMENT is NOT the sasme as the NEW TESTAMENT. Also Christianity had the reformation and the enlightenment movements, that changed the interpretation of the religion dramatically.

There was never and will never be a renaissance in the Islam, because unlike the Bible, the Koran is said to be the DIRECT WORDS of god and if you do not ACCEPT, FOLLOW and BELIEVE them 100% you are ment to be killed.
Plus a Islam leader a few centuries back, banned all philosophy and interpretation of the Koran, punishing these with DEATH!

So yeah, while jews and christians ponder on how their holy texts should be interpretet, the muslims are not allowed to do this. Their religion has stopped developing after its creation.

1. god doesn't just change

Malachi 3:6 "For I am the LORD, I do not change; Therefore you are not consumed, O sons of Jacob.

Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

also there's this

“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 5:18-19 RSV)

you have to follow both buddy.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:50:36  
Phoenix.Darki said:

it has actually, and I'm older than you kid.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 03:53:39  
One thing that does piss me off, is the fact that Muslims were burning poppies in London yesterday, and in the 2 minute silence holding banners that said "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" as well as burning more poppies.

That in my opinion is far more disrespectful than that woman did, but they got away with it due to us being in a democracy.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 03:55:14  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
One thing that does piss me off, is the fact that Muslims were burning poppies in London yesterday, and in the 2 minute silence holding banners that said "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" as well as burning more poppies.

That in my opinion is far more disrespectful than that woman did, but they got away with it due to us being in a democracy.
you guys have freedom of speech/expression there?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 03:56:02  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

yes because being a kid is totally about age. !!!

Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-12 04:00:54  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

"UK law imposes a number of limitations on freedom of speech not found in some other jurisdictions. For example, its laws recognise the crimes of incitement to racial hatred and incitement to religious hatred. UK laws on defamation are also considered among the strictest in the Western world, imposing a high burden of proof on the defendant."
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:03:53  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

you're right just because you have the *** of a goat doesn't make you one, let me correct myself. Child, there, happy?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 04:04:12  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

"UK law imposes a number of limitations on freedom of speech not found in some other jurisdictions. For example, its laws recognise the crimes of incitement to racial hatred and incitement to religious hatred. UK laws on defamation are also considered among the strictest in the Western world, imposing a high burden of proof on the defendant."
shitty.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 04:05:53  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Phoenix.Darki said:

you're right just because you have the *** of a goat doesn't make you one, let me correct myself. Child, there, happy?
i was telling you to grow up dumbass
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-11-12 04:06:26  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
One thing that does piss me off, is the fact that Muslims were burning poppies in London yesterday, and in the 2 minute silence holding banners that said "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" as well as burning more poppies. That in my opinion is far more disrespectful than that woman did, but they got away with it due to us being in a democracy.

wanna know what *** me off about the 2faced Muslims that did that.

Dio they realise how many Muslims fought FOR Britain AS the British Army during the great wars.

Basically they're disrespecting their own!!

Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-11-12 04:08:22  
Leviathan.Berndherbert said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Show me a country where they hang women for saying some derogatory things about Christ
I can show you a country that would have hung them about 200 years ago... people fail to understand that the older a religion gets the less extreme it tends to get.(This is not always the case) Christianity is much more mature than Islam and hence the followers of Christianity have realized that some of the more absurd things they have done shouldn't be done. Eventually Islam will reach this point as well.

lets say about 600 years from now?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 04:09:45  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
Leviathan.Berndherbert said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Show me a country where they hang women for saying some derogatory things about Christ
I can show you a country that would have hung them about 200 years ago... people fail to understand that the older a religion gets the less extreme it tends to get.(This is not always the case) Christianity is much more mature than Islam and hence the followers of Christianity have realized that some of the more absurd things they have done shouldn't be done. Eventually Islam will reach this point as well.

lets say about 600 years from now?
doubtful'
i think they get eradicated first
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-11-12 04:09:58  
Asura.Rinkydink said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
One thing that does piss me off, is the fact that Muslims were burning poppies in London yesterday, and in the 2 minute silence holding banners that said "British Soldiers Burn In Hell" as well as burning more poppies. That in my opinion is far more disrespectful than that woman did, but they got away with it due to us being in a democracy.

wanna know what *** me off about the 2faced Muslims that did that.

Dio they realise how many Muslims fought FOR Britain AS the British Army during the great wars.

Basically they're disrespecting their own!!

They've probably convinced themselves that those muslims were forced into service or deceived into fight or some such nonsense.. Or they just don't like history books.
First Page 2 3 4 ... 12 13 14