Christian Woman, Mother Of 5 Sentenced To Death Fo

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
Christian woman, mother of 5 sentenced to death fo
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-11 17:36:55  
I'm pretty sure she was asking for it.
Anybody question the validity of the whole "Christian woman" moniker?
seems like they just labeled that to make my grandma hate muslims more.
[+]
By Genesimmons 2010-11-11 17:37:59  
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-11 17:38:27  
awesome stuff.
 Unicorn.Marrs
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Marrs
By Unicorn.Marrs 2010-11-11 17:38:48  
i get the feeling this story will never be on msnbc

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:41:11  
Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
There should be religious tolerance for everyone, but please dont try to force everyone else to obey your laws, religion and believes especially when you moved to a foreign country.

If you liked your religion, why didnt you stay in a country with the same religious believes?
for a better life, maybe they were poor and got a job in this country. so many reasons so much lazyness to say them all!

I wasnt saying this about that woman. Clearly she wasnt trying to change that countries laws or religion and she wasnt forcing anyone to do anything. She was just saying what was on her mind.
 Phoenix.Jimie
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Jimie
By Phoenix.Jimie 2010-11-11 17:41:46  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Phoenix.Jimie said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
There should be religious tolerance for everyone, but please dont try to force everyone else to obey your laws, religion and believes especially when you moved to a foreign country.

If you liked your religion, why didnt you stay in a country with the same religious believes?

You started this thread saying that the situation is wrong on so many levels, and now you say that people shouldn't force others to act in accordance with the laws of anothers' country. So either you agree with the Pakistani ruling evidenced in the quote above, or you don't as evidenced in your OP, which is it?

you didnt understand at all as to what I was saying. Look at the Muslim population. How many of them came to the US and Europe as refugees and yet they dont want to follow the rules of those countries.

No one forced them to come to those countries, but they are trying to change the system from within.

I dont want to be judged by Sharia Law in the US, especially when I am not a Muslim. Do you?

I didnt say that it was ok to hang anyone if they dont agree with your religion or believes.

So the US should have hanged all those people that didnt want to show their face when taking a photo id and they were covering their faces, because of their religion?

What you said was, Don't force someone to act in accordance with laws that aren't in existence in a country. The implication being, abide by the laws of the country you're in, hence my conclusion from your statements.

We are not in danger of being judged according to Sharia Law in Britain. The Sharia courts are set up so that "sharia courts [are] given powers to rule on Muslim civil cases" Which cover arbitration matters such as divorce, financial disputes & domestic violence.

Quote:
No one forced them to come to those countries, but they are trying to change the system from within.

Just means they're better manipulators than we are.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-11-11 17:41:52  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
People don't get killed over stupid things like religion in the states? I must be living in a different US then...
I must live a sheltered life since I don't hear about this happening.
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-11-11 17:42:05  
Asura.Bluespoons said:
People don't get killed over stupid things like religion in the states? I must be living in a different US then...

Don't quote me spicy, I'm wrong.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-11 17:42:40  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

for a better life, maybe they were poor and got a job in this country. so many reasons so much lazyness to say them all!

I wasnt saying this about that woman. Clearly she wasnt trying to change that countries laws or religion and she wasnt forcing anyone to do anything. She was just saying what was on her mind.
Knowing good and well she would get lynched for it.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:43:53  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Asura.Poupee said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Knowing good and well she would get lynched for it.

that is why I mention religious tolerance for everyone, but to a point
 Asura.Bluespoons
By Asura.Bluespoons 2010-11-11 17:44:49  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
Asura.Bluespoons said:
I must live a sheltered life since I don't hear about this happening.

Ffs i said I misunderstood it. They said ***like that doesn't happen in the US. I assumed they meant at all. People are criticized and killed for their religion in the US, even though it's not the gov doing it.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-11 17:46:26  
Quote:
You dont see things like this in the US

No, we just have honor killings too.

I don't like religion.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-11 17:48:55  
keep the discussion going. i got to get ready to go to work... will be back later
By slowlulz 2010-11-11 17:50:00  
Seraph.Rafik said:
A Christian woman and a mother of 5 was sentenced to death from blasphemy against Islam. This took place in Pakistan. The woman said some things about the Prophet Mohammed that some Muslim women didnt like and they complained about what the woman had said. Later the official complaint was filed by a Muslim cleric. I wont mention what she said, but you can go to the link and read it if you like.

Also, two Christian brothers were shot dead last July after being convicted of blasphemy in Pakistan.

cnn

huffingtonpost

yahoo.news

This is wrong on so many levels. This has got to stop. You dont see things like this in the US. I dont want to hear more BS about how Islam is religion of peace.

pakistan has different laws then other places. They've had those laws for thousands of years. Either follow them, or reap percussions. What happens when we break a law here? We go to jail.
sometimes go to a trial, possibly get sentenced to death or life in prison.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-11-11 17:58:18  
Asura.Bluespoons said:

While you're absolutely correct in your sarcastic reference, there is a pretty big difference between a bunch of nutjobs killing people, and state-sponsored execution.

Religious blasphemy is as arbitrary a reason to execute someone as Ice Cream flavor preference. Pakistan is creating a strict religious state, and with their tensions with India, the very LAST thing the world needs, is a nuclear-armed country with the ill-conceived notion of unfathomable eternal paradise when dying in service of Muhammad.

I would love to take a shot at England for splitting up India into what essentially amounts to two theistic states (Hinduism-Islam and nobody cares about Bangladesh) and probably instigating World War III but it would have happened on its own anyway. Figuring in Iraq, the Muslim groups were damn near ready to divide the country to Shiite, Sunni and whatever'sville.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-11 17:58:31  
slowlulz said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
A Christian woman and a mother of 5 was sentenced to death from blasphemy against Islam. This took place in Pakistan. The woman said some things about the Prophet Mohammed that some Muslim women didnt like and they complained about what the woman had said. Later the official complaint was filed by a Muslim cleric. I wont mention what she said, but you can go to the link and read it if you like.

Also, two Christian brothers were shot dead last July after being convicted of blasphemy in Pakistan.

cnn

huffingtonpost

yahoo.news

This is wrong on so many levels. This has got to stop. You dont see things like this in the US. I dont want to hear more BS about how Islam is religion of peace.

pakistan has different laws then other places. They've had those laws for thousands of years. Either follow them, or reap percussions. What happens when we break a law here? We go to jail.
sometimes go to a trial, possibly get sentenced to death or life in prison.
i like the bolded quite a bit.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-11-11 18:01:20  
This isn't about Islam, this is about theocracy.

Every country which has ever adopted a "state religion" has made crimes against that religion (such as blasphemy) punishable by death. It's a tool to enforce absolute obedience and control over a particular population.

The religion in question doesn't matter. It just so happens that at this point in history, most Christian countries have moved away from totalitarian theocracy, and a lot of countries in the Middle East have not.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 02:03:03  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
This isn't about Islam, this is about theocracy.

Every country which has ever adopted a "state religion" has made crimes against that religion (such as blasphemy) punishable by death. It's a tool to enforce absolute obedience and control over a particular population.

The religion in question doesn't matter. It just so happens that at this point in history, most Christian countries have moved away from totalitarian theocracy, and a lot of countries in the Middle East have not.

And this is why separation of Church and State is so *** important.

Are you listening Sarah Palin?

if that *** nut case gets elected in 2 years she'll die before inauguration.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 02:11:30  
Only read OP

Nice way to enforce religion onto a country, I have some friends that are Muslim and their women are ***afraid to get caught doing anything. It is crazy, and if anything the punishments are harder on the women.

This is stupid, nice way to leave 5 children with out a mother I hope she *** flee's the country or hides in a hole for some time, ***. I don't have anything against their religion, but I sure do against their laws.

Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-11-12 02:15:38  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Show me a country where they hang women for saying some derogatory things about Christ
lol if i was in one i'd be long deaaaaaaaaaaaaad already.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 02:48:22  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Only read OP

Nice way to enforce religion onto a country, I have some friends that are Muslim and their women are ***afraid to get caught doing anything. It is crazy, and if anything the punishments are harder on the women.

This is stupid, nice way to leave 5 children with out a mother I hope she *** flee's the country or hides in a hole for some time, ***. I don't have anything against their religion, but I sure do against their laws.

their laws are part of their religion, so you have something against their religion, just sayin'
 Caitsith.Ryder
サーバ: Caitsith
user: ryder75
By Caitsith.Ryder 2010-11-12 02:52:56  
First of all, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in the Middle East.. I don't understand certain people though. Why in the hell would someone go and say things about their religion knowing how sensitive some people are about that type of stuff. Know your place, yes you might believe what you're saying, but you're saying it to the wrong crowd.. Now I'm not condoning this behavior, I think is despicable. That's why I will never visit the Middle East. But I don't think is their religion itself, because we have morons in every religion and I know religious people that are awesome.. It's the fanatics that use religion to make a point, in fact most of them justify their actions through religion. Therefore giving a religion a bad name. Live and let live..
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-12 02:56:57  
Caitsith.Ryder said:
First of all, there's no such thing as freedom of speech in the Middle East.. I don't understand certain people though. Why in the hell would someone go and say things about their religion knowing how sensitive some people are about that type of stuff. Know your place, yes you might believe what you're saying, but you're saying it to the wrong crowd.. Now I'm not condoning this behavior, I think is despicable. That's why I will never visit the Middle East. But I don't think is their religion itself, because we have morons in every religion and I know religious people that are awesome.. It's the fanatics that use religion to make a point, in fact most of them justify their actions through religion. Therefore giving a religion a bad name. Live and let live..

you have to blame the basis of the religion and those that take said religions seriously, devout believers believe if they don't smite the infidels they will be punished and if they do they'll be rewarded, it's part of the religion, and christianity is no different in that aspect.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14