フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obama Press Conference
Obama Press Conference
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-03 21:11:01  
I don't watch the news, and Im canadian so maybe someone can answer this for me.

I caught a glimpse peak of a TV at work the other night, saying Don't ask don't tell was repealed, then another a few days later saying Obama reinstated it. I may be totally misinterpreting, but what exactly has been happening with DADT?
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:17:18  
Unicorn.Brock said:
Quote:
He didn't say or think that at all. >_> You're just hating to hate, or didn't listen well. Read a transcript of the conference.

You sound like a homer just posting just to post. Please educate everyone as to what hidden message you think he suggested to as a reason for everyone voting Republican on all levels of government in just about every state in the union yesterday.

Are you high?
 Shiva.Khimaira
サーバ: Shiva
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-11-03 21:18:40  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
The only positive thing I've seen from this election is that the people of Alaska figured out how to use the write-in option. Which really doesn't help either.
Both of em. Or am I thinking of Nunavut?
 Unicorn.Brock
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:20:37  
Quote:
Are you high?

Are you? Prop 19 failed but my friends still toke. I won't judge you if you do, that's your business.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-03 21:24:31  
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hopefully he'll learn from how Clinton handled a similar situation back in 1996. Although back then, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress, so the situation was a bit more dire for him. Honestly, I expect nothing more than absolute government gridlock for two years. It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012. It kinda makes me long for the Parliamentary system of government, like Britain or Japan. Where once we get into a situation like this, the head of state can simply dissolve Congress and call for mass elections for every seat again.

He's taken about 6 vacations just this year! Let the guy work. Not to mention his wife's trips.

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/01/president-obamas-vacation-days/

cry moar, the man is allowed time off.
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:25:43  
Unicorn.Brock said:
Quote:
Are you high?

Are you? Prop 19 failed but my friends still toke. I won't judge you if you do, that's your business.

Maybe I am. I'm just having a hard time understanding you.
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:28:03  
For those that were not able to read/watch the press conference for whatever reason, here is a credible source.

President Obama Speech Post 2010 Midterm Elections
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 21:29:52  
I think that it is pretty messed up that Obama gets to spend $200million per day on an overseas trip especially in this economy... Total cost to the US taxpayers in the billions.

Every president needs 3000 people with them when they travel outside of the US

Yes, we can!! Change

So, much for all the promises he made before he got elected

What does the Fed do? Oh, right borrow $500-$600billion to buy treasury bonds.

I am not sure how we are going to recover from this mess.
[+]
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:37:04  
Seraph.Rafik said:
I think that it is pretty messed up that Obama gets to spend $200million per day on an overseas trip especially in this economy... Total cost to the US taxpayers in the billions.

Yes, we can!! Change

Cause Obama totally wrecked the economy.

Cool story, bro.
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:44:29  
Serj just trolling.

See if Serj was smart, he would put two and two together. I think we get your point Rafik and I agree with you. When you have $13 Trillion Debt and a 9.6% National Average Unemployment Rate, you come off a tad out of touch with domestic policy when you schedule a $200million/day vacation to the Taj Mahal.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 21:44:56  
Serj said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Yes, we can!! Change

Cool story, bro.

He knew in what state the economy was before he ran for the presidency.

Did he lift a finger to solve the problems we have and did he fulfill his promises that he made? So, if I say I am going to do something and when the time comes I dont do it. Is that considered a lie?

If you forgot the president works for the people to solve the problems that we currently have.

Do you know any president who takes 3000people with him on trips and costs the taxpayers $200million a day? Well, do you? Brb going to go visit India, just tell the Fed to print more money.
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:44:58  
...but just a tad.
 Sylph.Fallon
サーバ: Sylph
user: Fallon614
By Sylph.Fallon 2010-11-03 21:46:26  
Serj said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Yes, we can!! Change

Cool story, bro.
what kind of retard are you, no where did he say obama wrecked the economy. he was bringing up the fact that he is blowing large amounts of money on trips. makes me mad too, and no i dont think he gets to take that much time off, trips to spain for his wife and taking 300 people to india with him. sounds more like a kings life then the change for the little people he promised, that was his point, btw cool story bro ***is so *** old
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:46:30  
Unicorn.Brock said:
Serj just trolling.

See if Serj was smart, he would put two and two together. I think we get your point Rafik and I agree with you. When you have $13 Trillion Debt and a 9.6% National Average Unemployment Rate, you come off a tad out of touch with domestic policy when you schedule a $200million/day vacation to the Taj Mahal.

A president who takes a surplus and makes turns it into over a trillion dollar debt definitely takes the cake. People sure like to blame everything they can on the black guy.
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:48:18  

Sylph.Fallon said:
Serj said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

Yes, we can!! Change

Cool story, bro.
what kind of retard are you, no where did he say obama wrecked the economy. he was bringing up the fact that he is blowing large amounts of money on trips. makes me mad too, and no i dont think he gets to take that much time off, trips to spain for his wife and taking 300 people to india with him. sounds more like a kings life then the change for the little people he promised, that was his point, btw cool story bro ***is so *** old

Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 21:49:02  
Race has nothing to do with this. His own staff is resigning and running away. That has to tell you something right there.
[+]
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:49:17  
You should be a Wall Street Journalist. You sound just them and atleast you could make money while you troll instead of doing it for free on FFXIAH. Jokes on you.
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:52:43  
Why would I even bother posting a half educated response when none of you have any idea how massive the government and the economical problems are? You won't listen anyway.

[+]
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:55:11  
We did and so did the rest of America. That's why the US Political Map was Red when we all woke up this morning.
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:57:47  
Unicorn.Brock said:
We did and so did the rest of America. That's why the US Political Map was Red when we all woke up this morning.

And the democrats still control the senate. I really fail to see your point.
By Serj 2010-11-03 22:03:20  
OHAY, I DID RESEARCH GUYS. LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

Check this out!

As I said, it's easy to blame the black guy.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 22:05:52  
I dont think that it really matters who is in control. Bush didn't do a better job, either. He made promises of a smaller government and when he got elected, the opposite happened. The government grew by a lot.

You can bribe people legally in the US and it is called lobbying.

Increasing taxes wont do anything. Since a lot of people dont have jobs now, who are you going to tax. Unemployment benefits have been extended to 99weeks. People are going to start running out of benefits come December.

What are those people going to do?

We need to put all of these politics and our differences aside and come together to help our neighbors and our fellow Americans like we did in the past.

We have serious problems on our hands.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-11-03 22:08:45  
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 22:15:13  
Serj said:

Check this out!

I guess you fail to realize that Obama is going to be spending $2billion on a ten day trip?
By Serj 2010-11-03 22:16:58  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Serj said:

Check this out!

I guess you fail to realize that Obama is going to be spending $2billion on a ten day trip?

You realize that one billion was spent in 1990, right? OH EM GEE, I CAN USE STATISTICS TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK RIGHT! ALSO, THE SITUATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME!

Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-03 22:17:32  
Unicorn.Brock said:

Lol, enjoy your gridlock with Senate/Obama.

Also you're kinda slow on the uptake-- be it Democrats or Republicans, people want change... that's why people are biting Obama's head off.

If this was McCain he would be getting his own head bitten off, and we would continue to see a Democrat-ran House (albeit not as bad due to being white, lol) However, change doesn't come fast at all, Obama said this full well knowing MANY times before he won and immediately after. Also the fact that the economy is *** to hell and worse than that of 60 years ago.

You sound like one of this idiot pundits that like to speak your dumbass opinions and commentary with no real solution to anything.

Mind you, I don't agree with all of Obama's ideas and planning, nor do I agree with him trying the bi-partisan thing (he shoulda just ran in with some "I run ***now ***, we gonna do ***like this, lets go"), but some of you are really blunt, and won't listen to anything.
 Sylph.Fallon
サーバ: Sylph
user: Fallon614
By Sylph.Fallon 2010-11-03 22:20:22  
Serj said:

Check this out!

As I said, it's easy to blame the black guy. [/quo[quote=Serj]OHAY, I DID RESEARCH GUYS. LOOK WHAT I FOUND.

Check this out!

you are really stuck on this black guy thing, i do not care what color he is, its not like we are saying we approved of bush doing it, no one did. its that in the state we are right now maybe blowing tons of money on trips is not a great idea, black or white rep or dem, the taxpayers are tired of footing the bill for this crap, stop riding the everyone loves bush and hates obama crap, no one is saying it
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-03 22:23:21  
Also the numbers were found to be widely ludicrous and from an Indian source (i.e. not an American nor informed source).

I agree with the blame the black guy sentiments partially.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-03 22:24:02  
Anyone else notice the need to vote based on candidate sanity over policy as of late?
Makes me a sad panda.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-03 22:24:29  
Serj said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Serj said:

Check this out!

You realize that one billion was spent in 1990, right? OH EM GEE, I CAN USE STATISTICS TO MAKE MYSELF LOOK RIGHT! ALSO, THE SITUATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME!

you cant read

this is what it says in the article that you have linked

"Two new Boeing 747-200B's were purchased for presidential use in 1990, at a cost of approximately $650 million, plus $140 for a "maintenance and support complex" (an enormous hangar) at Andrews Air Force Base."

Nowhere does it say that the $1billion you claim was spent on a one trip. Aircrafts gets old and need to be replaced from time to time. You, didnt know that?

one fail troll

carry on
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12