サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-06 19:53:04  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Ok, so who's healthcare is better than ours? Thats #1 #2, why has Castro, Chavez and other leader from different countries come to ours to get major surgery? Why do so many immigrants come here for healthcare? #3, I didn't say we were the best at everything but THE U.S. DOES HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD. Case and point.
1 France 2 Italy 3 San Marino 4 Andorra 5 Malta 6 Singapore 7 Spain 8 Oman 9 Austria 10 Japan 11 Norway 12 Portugal 13 Monaco 14 Greece 15 Iceland 16 Luxembourg 17 Netherlands 18 United Kingdom 19 Ireland 20 Switzerland 21 Belgium 22 Colombia 23 Sweden 24 Cyprus 25 Germany 26 Saudi Arabia 27 United Arab Emirates 28 Israel 29 Morocco 30 Canada 31 Finland 32 Australia 33 Chile 34 Denmark 35 Dominica 36 Costa Rica 37 United States of America I guess the World Health Organization must be wrong because you say the US is #1. I'm guessing they didn't contact you when they conducted this extensive report.
That survey was about 10 years ago. The WHO no longer does them and therefore our ranking is ambiguous.
Yea, I read that as well but I didn't bother going there cuz I'm just going to let this rest with this one last thought. People all over the world make an effort to come to the U.S. for a better life and one of the big attractions is the quality of our healthcare. The source I'm using for that statement is the mere fact that healthcare is my job, I"m around it everyday. I physically hear patients tell me this. People, believe what you want, I really don't care.

Well I doubt your own patients have experience in other countries lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-06 19:57:24  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Ok, so who's healthcare is better than ours? Thats #1
#2, why has Castro, Chavez and other leader from different countries come to ours to get major surgery? Why do so many immigrants come here for healthcare? #3, I didn't say we were the best at everything but THE U.S. DOES HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD. Case and point.
1 France
2 Italy
3 San Marino
4 Andorra
5 Malta
6 Singapore
7 Spain
8 Oman
9 Austria
10 Japan
11 Norway
12 Portugal
13 Monaco
14 Greece
15 Iceland
16 Luxembourg
17 Netherlands
18 United Kingdom
19 Ireland
20 Switzerland
21 Belgium
22 Colombia
23 Sweden
24 Cyprus
25 Germany
26 Saudi Arabia
27 United Arab Emirates
28 Israel
29 Morocco
30 Canada
31 Finland
32 Australia
33 Chile
34 Denmark
35 Dominica
36 Costa Rica
37 United States of America

I guess the World Health Organization must be wrong because you say the US is #1. I'm guessing they didn't contact you when they conducted this extensive report.

That's fine and I appreciate you doing some research, however, that list is not indicative of the level of care people get and that is what I am referring to. I agree that the accessibility of getting coverage is not the best here among other things and if you read earlier posts I have said we need a better way of getting people insurance w/out gov't run program that will bankrupt the country. Your source includes a variety of inclusion criteria the ranks are based on, not solely level of care.
I agree that the doctors and equipment here is probably the best around hence why people from other countries come here for major surgery. But having access to these things IMO plays a huge part in the overall quality of the system. That's why I suggest you brag about the US having the best doctors or medical equipment. Health care implies the whole system, which as I'm sure you know isn't the best.

Have you ever tried to find a dentist? A good dentist at a reasonable price that accepts your insurance. I'm not talking regular care, I'm talking root canals, getting teeth pulled, etc.

Took me 2 years, 6 dentists plus a dental school to finally find one.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-06 20:18:09  
Just no! Please, say it isnt so

Harley-Davidson decided to make a plant in India. So, much for American made.

"Harley-Davidson, the iconic American motorcycle brand with a cult-like following, has announced it has chosen to build its second assembly plant ever outside the United States in India."

cnn
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-06 23:10:13  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
That's brutal, especially when going through the pain with that stuff. I hate that for ya but glad you found someone. Good discussion peeps, take care of yourselves so your chances of needing care is reduced :) Keep on keeping on!
What was even more brutal was trying to get pain medication from my now former physician. After a few months of going to him, after he gave me medication (forget the name atm, un-scheduled synthetic opiate) that sent me to the hospital, it was just easier to get relief from drug dealers.

Hospitals would prescribe me Percocet, but only for a few days. My own doctor at the time, who diagnosed my brother with autism before the general public even knew what that was, wouldn't even help me.

You can't exactly fake tooth pain when your teeth are infected. Yet this doctor whom I known my whole life and would easily prescribe me Xanax, would rather cover his own *** than help a patient.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 01:07:05  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Ok, so who's healthcare is better than ours? Thats #1 #2, why has Castro, Chavez and other leader from different countries come to ours to get major surgery? Why do so many immigrants come here for healthcare? #3, I didn't say we were the best at everything but THE U.S. DOES HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE IN THE WORLD. Case and point.
1 France 2 Italy 3 San Marino 4 Andorra 5 Malta 6 Singapore 7 Spain 8 Oman 9 Austria 10 Japan 11 Norway 12 Portugal 13 Monaco 14 Greece 15 Iceland 16 Luxembourg 17 Netherlands 18 United Kingdom 19 Ireland 20 Switzerland 21 Belgium 22 Colombia 23 Sweden 24 Cyprus 25 Germany 26 Saudi Arabia 27 United Arab Emirates 28 Israel 29 Morocco 30 Canada 31 Finland 32 Australia 33 Chile 34 Denmark 35 Dominica 36 Costa Rica 37 United States of America I guess the World Health Organization must be wrong because you say the US is #1. I'm guessing they didn't contact you when they conducted this extensive report.

That survey was about 10 years ago. The WHO no longer does them and therefore our ranking is ambiguous.

Yea, I read that as well but I didn't bother going there cuz I'm just going to let this rest with this one last thought. People all over the world make an effort to come to the U.S. for a better life and one of the big attractions is the quality of our healthcare. The source I'm using for that statement is the mere fact that healthcare is my job, I"m around it everyday.
that is because you're delusional, the overall health care in the United States sucks balls, just admit it and move on.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-07 01:24:27  
the fact that doctors get paid to prescribe certain medications doesnt help either
[+]
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 01:25:59  
Seraph.Rafik said:
the fact that doctors get paid to prescribe certain medications doesnt help either
so true...
[+]
 Asura.Xlide
サーバ: Asura
user: Xlide
By Asura.Xlide 2010-11-07 01:06:14  
Unicorn.Brock said:
Quote:
He didn't say or think that at all. >_> You're just hating to hate, or didn't listen well. Read a transcript of the conference.

You sound like a homer just posting just to post. Please educate everyone as to what hidden message you think he suggested to as a reason for everyone voting Republican on all levels of government in just about every state in the union yesterday.

Rated up
 Asura.Baroma
サーバ: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-07 01:29:20  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
so true...

im sprry but thats not true. My fiancee does that for a living, and she gets fed up with people thinking the drug reps pay them under the table to push their drugs. I need to get her word for word quote on it but I can promise you its not true what you suggest.
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-07 02:01:32  
Asura.Baroma said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
so true...

im sprry but thats not true. My fiancee does that for a living, and she gets fed up with people thinking the drug reps pay them under the table to push their drugs. I need to get her word for word quote on it but I can promise you its not true what you suggest.

There is no direct pay to your physician from the drug representative. There are free samples (which are passed on to the clients), and some freebies (pens/lanyards/etc) which don't amount to crap.

However, there are "seminars" where a presentation of a product is done by inviting doctors out to lunches/dinners; quite frankly, any ethical doctor should be declining any such invitation, due to possibly being seen as "a corporate shill" and losing the trust of their clients. But quite frankly, if you don't trust your doctor, its the same as anything else: you need to find a new one.

Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 03:44:48  
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Asura.Baroma said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
so true...

There is no direct pay to your physician from the drug representative. There are free samples (which are passed on to the clients), and some freebies (pens/lanyards/etc) which don't amount to crap.

However, there are "seminars" where a presentation of a product is done by inviting doctors out to lunches/dinners; quite frankly, any ethical doctor should be declining any such invitation, due to possibly being seen as "a corporate shill" and losing the trust of their clients. But quite frankly, if you don't trust your doctor, its the same as anything else: you need to find a new one.

Yeah, funny since the first searched yielded results, it happens despite what you two "think"

http://www.ydr.com/records/ci_16477786

here's a simple tool, it's called google. Maybe you two should try it sometime.
http://www.google.com/
http://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?q=is+it+legal+in+the+us+for+doctors+to+get+paid+by+drug+companies+to+prescribe+certain+drugs&hl=en&SelfSearch=1&SearchSourceOrigin=13&ctid=CT2790392&octid=CT2790392

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-07 08:39:52  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:
We only have the best health care in the world available for people rich enough not to need health insurance. In terms of all this random criteria that the WHO based their information on, i would say it's all pretty important health-related rankings. ~obesity ~infant mortality rate ~overall life expectancy ~paid medical leave ~% of coverage all of it is important to someone considering their own quality of care. AND we still pay a lot more than any other country, while not even covering all of our citizens.

So basically you are blaming poor healthcare when people have no accountability of taking care of themselves? Are you one of those people who are obese but yet you wait in line at mcdonalds to order your big mac value meal? There is absolutley no accountability with people like you, quick to point fingers. My buddy went thru a horrible lawsuit because he had a patient, pregnant and on drugs, and he told her every other day for 26 weeks of her term that she needed to get off the drugs for the health of her and her baby. Did she listen? Nope, the baby was born pre-term with permanent mental problems and she sued his practice.
Also, how many overweight children or people in general are too lazy to ride their bike to school, work, wherever or just get to the gym and excercise to take care of themselves?? Few, however, you go to Europe and people everywhere ride their bikes and take good care of themselves. Don't blame ignorant people who don't know how to take care of themselves on our healthcare.

Agreed.

Preventative measures > last minute fixes.

Eating fast food everyday and drinking yourself to sleep is like taking a car and running it to the ground. Sure you'll be able to fix the parts when they break, but if you take good care of it along the way, then it will last so much longer. Costs a hell of a lot cheaper than replacing an engine if you gave your car the proper care, too.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 14:23:38  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:
Where are you going with that? So we don't have good healthcare because people can't take care of themselves? You dodged the actual topic and just went on a rant about fat people (i am not one, btw. i'm in great shape, especially for a gamer).
The fact still remains we're extremely unhealthy and, sure, that's due to many factors, including our lifestyle. But we still have a high percentage of citizens that are not covered by any health insurance, we still pay a LOT more per capita than any other country, and we STILL don't come close to the results that they have.

Just blabbing "WE HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE" and then blaming fat people for not having any proof isn't proof.

EDIT:
And anecdotes aren't evidence. But, I went to Lebanon on holiday and I decided I'd get a porcelain crown for a tooth. I went for 3 trips to the dentist and at the end of it, he charged me $100 US. In the US, that would cost over $1200-$2000 for 1 porcelain crown. I came back here to my regular dentist for a cleaning and she told me he had done great work.
now wtf is up with that. When a dentist in a constantly war-torn country can make a living by charging less than 1/10 the price and get those results.

And my cousin is a heart surgeon in France and he's living a fine life. I visited him on a couple of occasions and we travel to places around the world together. He doesn't have to work and he even opened up his own free clinic in Lebanon to offer free health care to his hometown.

What are you talking about? Read your previous post with the criteria for that healthcare ranking almost 10 years ago. Obesity and life expectancy are up to the person and their lifestyles. There are alot of people who can buy healthcare, or pay a bill, however they say they don't have the money yet they drive a Lexus or live in a 200k+ house. Its priorities, I see this EVERY day. You still haven't answered my question on why Chavez and Castro both came to the U.S. to get surgical procedures done. Why didn't they go to France or countries on that rediculous list that was done 10 years ago?

It's closer would be a good reason, another note is yes his system is old, however I doubt it's changed much, since our costs have only gone up, can you say the same about the services offered? What a small fraction of people do with their money doesn't alter the fact that we need a health care system for all, if you're too dense to realize this then I'm sorry but you need a reality check. Also you keep dodging the fact that our health care (overall) has never been the best, you just can't admit that can you?

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-07 23:49:46  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:
Where are you going with that? So we don't have good healthcare because people can't take care of themselves? You dodged the actual topic and just went on a rant about fat people (i am not one, btw. i'm in great shape, especially for a gamer). The fact still remains we're extremely unhealthy and, sure, that's due to many factors, including our lifestyle. But we still have a high percentage of citizens that are not covered by any health insurance, we still pay a LOT more per capita than any other country, and we STILL don't come close to the results that they have. Just blabbing "WE HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE" and then blaming fat people for not having any proof isn't proof. EDIT: And anecdotes aren't evidence. But, I went to Lebanon on holiday and I decided I'd get a porcelain crown for a tooth. I went for 3 trips to the dentist and at the end of it, he charged me $100 US. In the US, that would cost over $1200-$2000 for 1 porcelain crown. I came back here to my regular dentist for a cleaning and she told me he had done great work. now wtf is up with that. When a dentist in a constantly war-torn country can make a living by charging less than 1/10 the price and get those results. And my cousin is a heart surgeon in France and he's living a fine life. I visited him on a couple of occasions and we travel to places around the world together. He doesn't have to work and he even opened up his own free clinic in Lebanon to offer free health care to his hometown.
What are you talking about? Read your previous post with the criteria for that healthcare ranking almost 10 years ago. Obesity and life expectancy are up to the person and their lifestyles. There are alot of people who can buy healthcare, or pay a bill, however they say they don't have the money yet they drive a Lexus or live in a 200k+ house. Its priorities, I see this EVERY day. You still haven't answered my question on why Chavez and Castro both came to the U.S. to get surgical procedures done. Why didn't they go to France or countries on that rediculous list that was done 10 years ago?
It's closer would be a good reason, another note is yes his system is old, however I doubt it's changed much, since our costs have only gone up, can you say the same about the services offered? What a small fraction of people do with their money doesn't alter the fact that we need a health care system for all, if you're too dense to realize this then I'm sorry but you need a reality check. Also you keep dodging the fact that our health care (overall) has never been the best, you just can't admit that can you?

I was talking about the quality of care, not the whole picture. I wasn't specific and I shouldn't have generalized that point. Perhaps the people that don't have healthcare should look for means to get it, like a job?? Everyone else works for it so the people that don't have it need to as well Do you know how many people don't want to work because they want handouts? Especially alot of the people that voted for barrack. Why do you think the republicans did so well last week? Rather than call me dense, go work in healthcare and tell me how you feel then.

Yeah, you're not going to win that point with me guy, also you should always be specific. The quality of care, I'd like to see the statistics for this, also no people shouldn't have to bust their *** to receive health care, nor should they have to bust their *** to make a living.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 13:56:47  
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:
Where are you going with that? So we don't have good healthcare because people can't take care of themselves? You dodged the actual topic and just went on a rant about fat people (i am not one, btw. i'm in great shape, especially for a gamer). The fact still remains we're extremely unhealthy and, sure, that's due to many factors, including our lifestyle. But we still have a high percentage of citizens that are not covered by any health insurance, we still pay a LOT more per capita than any other country, and we STILL don't come close to the results that they have. Just blabbing "WE HAVE THE BEST HEALTHCARE" and then blaming fat people for not having any proof isn't proof. EDIT: And anecdotes aren't evidence. But, I went to Lebanon on holiday and I decided I'd get a porcelain crown for a tooth. I went for 3 trips to the dentist and at the end of it, he charged me $100 US. In the US, that would cost over $1200-$2000 for 1 porcelain crown. I came back here to my regular dentist for a cleaning and she told me he had done great work. now wtf is up with that. When a dentist in a constantly war-torn country can make a living by charging less than 1/10 the price and get those results. And my cousin is a heart surgeon in France and he's living a fine life. I visited him on a couple of occasions and we travel to places around the world together. He doesn't have to work and he even opened up his own free clinic in Lebanon to offer free health care to his hometown.
I was talking about the quality of care, not the whole picture. I wasn't specific and I shouldn't have generalized that point. Perhaps the people that don't have healthcare should look for means to get it, like a job?? Everyone else works for it so the people that don't have it need to as well Do you know how many people don't want to work because they want handouts? Especially alot of the people that voted for barrack. Why do you think the republicans did so well last week? Rather than call me dense, go work in healthcare and tell me how you feel then.
Yeah, you're not going to win that point with me guy, also you should always be specific. The quality of care, I'd like to see the statistics for this, also no people shouldn't have to bust their *** to receive health care, nor should they have to bust their *** to make a living.

I have no respect for you based on your comment. No one should have to bust their butt to make a living?? You are one of those losers who expect successful guys like me to work hard so lazy morons like you can make more money doing nothing. It all makes sense now. I'm glad I understand you now so I don't have to waste my time debating with a moron lol.

No there's no reason anyone should have to work for a living with the technology in the world today, if you don't understand this concept then you fail at looking at anything long term. Also I guarantee I'm smarter than your dumb *** who thinks "working hard is the only way to go" *** dumb ***.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 14:10:11  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:

I have no respect for you based on your comment. No one should have to bust their butt to make a living?? You are one of those losers who expect successful guys like me to work hard so lazy morons like you can make more money doing nothing. It all makes sense now. I'm glad I understand you now so I don't have to waste my time debating with a moron lol.

No there's no reason anyone should have to work for a living with the technology in the world today, if you don't understand this concept then you fail at looking at anything long term. Also I guarantee I'm smarter than your dumb *** who thinks "working hard is the only way to go" *** dumb ***.
You both are stupid.
The bolded is just your silly opinion.
just because we have the "technology" doesn't mean we have the capital or means to use such technology in full.
We should be on Mars by now.
See what I said in italics.
It's a silly opinion that is only stating that we should be able to do X because of the "technology" available ignoring the state of the world or just the state of the US in general.
It's Idealistic BS.
I don't find you to be in the position to determine what/how the world should/shouldn't be :/
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2010-11-08 15:03:05  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Bahamut.Milamber said:
Asura.Baroma said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
so true...

Yeah, funny since the first searched yielded results, it happens despite what you two "think"

http://www.ydr.com/records/ci_16477786

here's a simple tool, it's called google. Maybe you two should try it sometime.
http://www.google.com/
http://search.conduit.com/Results.aspx?q=is+it+legal+in+the+us+for+doctors+to+get+paid+by+drug+companies+to+prescribe+certain+drugs&hl=en&SelfSearch=1&SearchSourceOrigin=13&ctid=CT2790392&octid=CT2790392

Funny, since I read TFA:
www.ydr.com said:
The report lists at least 14 medical professionals from York County who have accepted money from major pharmaceutical companies for speaking engagements in 2009 and 2010.
Upadhyay said he's not paid to prescribe certain medicines. And regulations limit what speakers are permitted to say. For example, any fact he cites must be borne out by at least two controlled studies.
Using data made public by pharmaceutical companies, ProPublica compiled a nationwide list of doctors who have been paid by those companies to promote their drugs in lectures to other doctors. The practice is not illegal, but some raise questions about whether it could inappropriately influence doctors to prescribe certain drugs.

The other links are for the same release of information.

Is is ethically questionable? Yes. Is it being paid to give a prescription for one medicine over another? No.

Could it be construed as having an influence over the physician's decisions? Yes. What would I do if I found my doctor's name on the list? I would find another doctor, as I find that behavior as being unethical.

But again, do you have anything showing that medical companies are paying physicians to WRITE MORE PRESCRIPTIONS FOR THAT PARTICULAR PRODUCT/BRAND.

Quite frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if you did, as businesses in the US tend to take a "do what you can get away with" mentality. Which, sadly enough, tends to be more profitable for them.

*Edit to fix wierd copy/paste issue.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 16:22:04  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:

You both are stupid.
The bolded is just your silly opinion.
just because we have the "technology" doesn't mean we have the capital or means to use such technology in full.
We should be on Mars by now.
See what I said in italics.
It's a silly opinion that is only stating that we should be able to do X because of the "technology" available ignoring the state of the world or just the state of the US in general.
It's Idealistic BS.
I don't find you to be in the position to determine what/how the world should/shouldn't be :/

It's not just my silly opinion, it may be idealism at it's finest, but there's no reason to not pursue it.
Also sir unlike him I'm not stupid. Also there's many factors as to why we aren't and it's mostly because a large majority of people are ignorant and have the mentality that the only way to get through life is to work hard, they ignore all other options including working smart, or using tools to do the work for you. This mentality is in direct opposition to the kind of thinking that creates technology.
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-08 16:25:39  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Sylph.Dobrusi said:
Asura.Halloween said:
You both are stupid. The bolded is just your silly opinion. just because we have the "technology" doesn't mean we have the capital or means to use such technology in full. We should be on Mars by now. See what I said in italics. It's a silly opinion that is only stating that we should be able to do X because of the "technology" available ignoring the state of the world or just the state of the US in general. It's Idealistic BS. I don't find you to be in the position to determine what/how the world should/shouldn't be :/
It's not just my silly opinion, it may be idealism at it's finest, but there's no reason to not pursue it. Also sir unlike him I'm not stupid. Also there's many factors as to why we aren't and it's mostly because a large majority of people are ignorant and have the mentality that the only way to get through life is to work hard, they ignore all other options including working smart, or using tools to do the work for you. This mentality is in direct opposition to the kind of thinking that creates technology.

You guys are arguing opinions with other opinions so this entire conversation is invalid. Move on >.>
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 16:37:14  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
It's not just my silly opinion, it may be idealism at it's finest, but there's no reason to not pursue it.
Also sir unlike him I'm not stupid. Also there's many factors as to why we aren't and it's mostly because a large majority of people are ignorant and have the mentality that the only way to get through life is to work hard, they ignore all other options including working smart, or using tools to do the work for you. This mentality is in direct opposition to the kind of thinking that creates technology.
You can what if until you are blue in the face.
Doesn't make what you consider to be reality, reality.
Give and take is reality.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 16:38:52  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
never said it is reality, but we should work towards it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 16:41:22  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
never said it is reality, but we should work towards it.
Towards only being takers?
of course you should strive so you wouldn't have to "work hard" and that may look good on paper.
But guess what, so did Communism.
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12