サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 16:44:10  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
It's not just my silly opinion, it may be idealism at it's finest, but there's no reason to not pursue it.
Also sir unlike him I'm not stupid. Also there's many factors as to why we aren't and it's mostly because a large majority of people are ignorant and have the mentality that the only way to get through life is to work hard, they ignore all other options including working smart, or using tools to do the work for you. This mentality is in direct opposition to the kind of thinking that creates technology.
You can what if until you are blue in the face.
Doesn't make what you consider to be reality, reality.
never said it is reality, but we should work towards it.
Towards only being takers?
of course you should strive so you wouldn't have to "work hard" and that may look good on paper.
But guess what, so did Communism.

whether or not you realize it, we have been working towards such a goal for a long time, just saying the world should pool it's resources and work towards this common goal, instead of this other ***.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 16:50:32  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
It's not just my silly opinion, it may be idealism at it's finest, but there's no reason to not pursue it.
Also sir unlike him I'm not stupid. Also there's many factors as to why we aren't and it's mostly because a large majority of people are ignorant and have the mentality that the only way to get through life is to work hard, they ignore all other options including working smart, or using tools to do the work for you. This mentality is in direct opposition to the kind of thinking that creates technology.
of course you should strive so you wouldn't have to "work hard" and that may look good on paper.

whether or not you realize it, we have been working towards such a goal for a long time, just saying the world should pool it's resources and work towards this common goal, instead of this other ***.
You have to find a balance between realism and idealism for ideas to really flourish, pure idealism is childish.
Working together has been a problem for centuries, don't fool yourself to think this is going to be some quick solution.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 16:52:46  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

You have to find a balance between realism and idealism for ideas to really flourish, pure idealism is childish.
Working together has been a problem for centuries, don't fool yourself to think this is going to be some quick solution.

oh I can give a few ideas as to how, but most wouldn't like them. It's called society needs to evolve, true realism is a good point, however we're already working towards the goal, just needs to be hastened.

edit: trust me, I'm no fool, there's plenty of problems that exist before such a society would be possible, but why disregard it and say it's impossible?
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 16:55:47  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

oh I can give a few ideas as to how, but most wouldn't like them. It's called society needs to evolve, true realism is a good point, however we're already working towards the goal, just needs to be hastened.
why do you think society isn't evolving already?
just because it's not at a breakneck pace doesn't mean it's happening.
look at the state of the world just 10 years ago..hell look at 10 years ago and beyond.
it's not like society isn't evolving :/
so eh :/
edit in reply to your edit: who says I'm disregarding anything?
you gotta take 1 thing at a time.
you can't drive a Semi when you barely know how to walk man.
things take time.
and it's not on your timeline.
***will happen regardless if you talk about it or not...might not go the way you want, but ***'s gonna happen regardless.
hell we wouldn't even be talking right now without this technological "evolution" you speak up...and up until a while ago we didn't even have a world economy so I think you may need to put things into perspective.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:01:02  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:

why do you think society isn't evolving already?
just because it's not at a breakneck pace doesn't mean it's happening.
look at the state of the world just 10 years ago..hell look at 10 years ago and beyond.
it's not like society isn't evolving :/
so eh :/
edit in reply to your edit: who says I'm disregarding anything?
you gotta take 1 thing at a time.
you can't drive a Semi when you barely know how to walk man.
things take time.
and it's not on your timeline.
***will happen regardless if you talk about it or not...might not go the way you want, but ***'s gonna happen regardless.
hell we wouldn't even be talking right now without this technological "evolution" you speak up...and up until a while ago we didn't even have a world economy so I think you may need to put things into perspective.

well not you directly but most people disregard it entirely, when it's a plausible outcome.
Just not fast enough son, I'd hate to think of the generations after us having to put up with this same ***.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:03:43  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
well not you directly but most people disregard it entirely, when it's a plausible outcome.
Just not fast enough son, I'd hate to think of the generations after us having to put up with this same ***.
i think when the time comes that you wouldn't "have to work" would be the time you wouldn't "have to live" either lol.
i don't think people want robots or otherwise to "take their jerbs" :/
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:06:53  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
i think when the time comes that you wouldn't "have to work" would be the time you wouldn't "have to live" either lol.
i don't think people want robots to take their jerbs :/
if the society existed to where people didn't have to work for a living would come, most would be happy. Of course there's the people who would want to continue to work, and those can (at least in the idea I was having) but it's very complicated and the world as it is now couldn't handle it.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:10:22  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
if the society existed to where people didn't have to work for a living would come, most would be happy. Of course there's the people who would want to continue to work, and those can (at least in the idea I was having) but it's very complicated and the world as it is now couldn't handle it.
i just dunno why you'd wanna eliminate the need for work.
I'd rather do the opposite and make work not be difficult rather than eliminating it.
therefore working with reality.
because you know both of these bolded things are being developed to an extent.
Nanomachines and superhumans my good sir.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:11:17  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I'd rather do the opposite and make work not be difficult rather than eliminating it.
why not? why require people to work for a living? when most would be happy doing other things?
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:11:37  
indeed.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:12:14  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
why not? why require people to work for a living? when most would be happy doing other things?
other things like what?
removing work so that only play exists will remove any joy from "play" that you would have IMO.
balance trumps that kind of idea.
give and take has worked for centuries and I don't see it changing.
evolving yes...changing completely no.
but if you use the whole "you can choose not to work" idea...hell that already happens.
I just don't see a future of no work to be all that great :/
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:13:46  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
other things like what?
things that people do when they aren't "making a living" family, fun, education, anything really (yes I do realize such a society would cause people to be more fat and lazy, and that problem would have to be addressed too.)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:16:24  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
other things like what?
things that people do when they aren't "making a living" family, fun, education, anything really (yes I do realize such a society would cause people to be more fat and lazy, and that problem would have to be addressed too.)
I just don't think things will or should be so simple.
You know what would happen?

your utopia idea reminds me of idiocracy.
not needing to work would essentially kill as you put it "evolution"

this movie actually fits your idea perfectly :/
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:19:43  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
other things like what?

how would not needing to work kill evolution? we'd just evolve in a different direction.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:29:58  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
other things like what?

how would not needing to work kill evolution? we'd just evolve in a different direction.
or we'd stagnate.
you can't really say for sure is my main point.
without a need for work who'd be the scientists?
who'd be creating new things "working for the future" when the future already is so comfortable.
You can say "yeah, whomever wants to work can keep on working", but be honest with me...you know that's just a cop out.
that's why the idealism is silly.
you say people would just work because "they can"
who gives a ***if you have some special skill if you can't really do much with it :/
not that you are going to create a youth that cares about that.
if something like that happened...it would probably die out with the people that made it possible after just a few generations.
we have two polar opposites: decay or your idealistic "evolution"
and then the 3rd: who gives a ***I live in the present.
i'm going with the 3rd.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 17:37:06  
Asura.Catastrophe said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
or we'd stagnate.
who'd be creating new things "working for the future" when the future already is so comfortable.
You can say "yeah, whomever wants to work can keep on working", but be honest with me...you know that's just a cop out.
who gives a ***if you have some special skill if you can't really do much with it :/
i'm going with the 3rd.

I mean, it's bound to work out as we plan, right?
pretty much man.
I say it all the time if you just search out vinvv posts with the words "skynet"
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 17:59:16  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
other things like what?

or we'd stagnate.
not that you are going to create a youth that cares about that.
if something like that happened...it would probably die out with the people that made it possible after just a few generations.
i'm going with the 3rd.
even with a society to where people don't have to work for a basic living people will want more, you would have to work for that, also there are some that will always strive for new. there will always be those who prefer to work, it's not a cop out they just exist. Just as there's some who like to entertain, teach etc.
Basic living needs doesn't equate extras, people will always want more, but people shouldn't have to work just for a roof and a rationed meal.
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 18:02:02  
(I can't find the video on youtube, and don't feel like editing it out and uploading it just for this) but the video of him and his talk of the city of the future in IM2, watch it. (had the idea a few months prior and almost screamed, "*** yeah" in the theater)
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-08 18:18:16  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
even with a society to where people don't have to work for a basic living people will want more, you would have to work for that, also there are some that will always strive for new. there will always be those who prefer to work, it's not a cop out they just exist. Just as there's some who like to entertain, teach etc.
Basic living needs doesn't equate extras, people will always want more, but people shouldn't have to work just for a roof and a rationed meal.
I think it's still a cop out.
but that's where our opinions differ :D
 Bahamut.Jetackuu
By Bahamut.Jetackuu 2010-11-08 18:58:27  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
I think it's still a cop out.
but that's where our opinions differ :D

I guess, wish there was a way to practically try it out, but lol.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-08 21:20:35  
Bahamut.Jetackuu said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
the fact that doctors get paid to prescribe certain medications doesnt help either
so true...
U.S. doctors still too cozy with drug industry: survey

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-09 12:53:36  
I got some bad news guys, China has downgraded US Credit Rating to A+ from AA.

By jayallday2012 2010-11-09 12:55:40  
All I know is he lived in Indonesia as a child. And now he is tryin to increase business and relations with them. I dont think hes anything but a humble man tryin to do the right thing. blame Bush for Obama having to clean up the mess. yeh!! blame the colored man..(********)
they killed tupac for being a brilliant, militant- minded activist. he really would of changed the world...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-09 12:56:39  
Seraph.Rafik said:

Better get a new AARP card.
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-09 13:03:02  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I am not anywhere near that age, but thanks for trying.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-09 13:04:55  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I was talking for myself, not you.
<----old man pic...dhuuuh
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-11-09 13:11:58  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Seraph.Rafik said:

I was talking for myself, not you.
<----old man pic...dhuuuh

I wish I was old enough to get the rewards from that card <.<
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11 12