フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Obama Press Conference
Obama Press Conference
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12
 Unicorn.Brock
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 12:18:08  
Yowch!

Reporters are just grilling him. Just watching him field questions is grueling. It makes me feel bad for the guy in a way.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-11-03 12:33:38  
Hopefully he'll learn from how Clinton handled a similar situation back in 1996. Although back then, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress, so the situation was a bit more dire for him.

Honestly, I expect nothing more than absolute government gridlock for two years. It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012.

It kinda makes me long for the Parliamentary system of government, like Britain or Japan. Where once we get into a situation like this, the head of state can simply dissolve Congress and call for mass elections for every seat again.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-11-03 12:40:00  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hopefully he'll learn from how Clinton handled a similar situation back in 1996. Although back then, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress, so the situation was a bit more dire for him. Honestly, I expect nothing more than absolute government gridlock for two years. It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012. It kinda makes me long for the Parliamentary system of government, like Britain or Japan. Where once we get into a situation like this, the head of state can simply dissolve Congress and call for mass elections for every seat again.

Honestly, I like gridlocks better than a majority. Nearly all proposed bills add more spending(whether they're Democratic or Republican in origin). Stalemates just means less crap that we see get passed only to add to the National Debt. The only thing that pisses me off is that these governmental officials will still be paid for these next 24 months.
[+]
 Titan.Sidette
サーバ: Titan
user: Sidiov
By Titan.Sidette 2010-11-03 12:40:25  
Agreed. Because eliminating the minority is the ONLY way a government should run.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-11-03 12:42:42  
I see it being more about filibuster and hopefully that will help the country come together more... the tea party approach to government for both the GOP and Dems
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 12:43:53  
I like the way those crazy Brits scream at each other in the House of Commons. We should have that. I bet C-SPAN would get higher ratings.
[+]
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 12:56:39  
"Slurpie Summit with Boehner." It was nice of that reporter to make light of an uncomfortable press conf. Classy. Either way there is hysteria on both sides. When President Obama became sworn in radical rights have called him the "Antichrist" and the "Beginning of the End of America". After this 2010 Mid-Term election people on the Left are hysterical that 'We're going to find something to go to war for' and that "We're going to go back to the failed policies earlier of this decade and dip back into the recession."

Link. Can read the comments section of any CNN post. Here's one:

CNN Article

Either way, nothings going to get done on the hill and it will be business as usual come January.
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-11-03 13:01:11  
The only positive thing I've seen from this election is that the people of Alaska figured out how to use the write-in option. Which really doesn't help either.
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-11-03 13:05:42  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012.

Even then I'm sure he'd find a way to make a mockery of the Presidency and his speeches will just become even more arrogant, if that's even possible.

Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-03 13:06:36  
Kujata.Akeda said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012.

Even then I'm sure he'd find a way to make a mockery of the Presidency and his speeches will just become even more arrogant, if that's even possible.

and the gridlock has to do with how he displays himself how?
at least the legislative branch is under dem control now :/
i hope they can come to at least a few compromises in the upcoming years.
[+]
 Odin.Godofgods
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2010-11-03 13:07:21  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation

/nod
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-03 13:13:43  
"Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh... Uh..."

My god, they roasted him today, the President almost totally lost his composure. But I'm happy in a way. It's the Hill that's *** ***up anyways, not Obama (fully). And the Tea Party Movement really isn't doing much of anything except mess up stuff on the Democrat side and the GOP side.

The irony is that they (GOP/Tea Party) preach fiscal responsibility but really won't follow through with anything at all come January... politics as usual indeed.

Being Democratic and Independent I wish we lost the Senate to Republicans as well, because in that GOP would really also be the target of all of these problems in tandem, since they really don't have any resolution themselves. It would have also given Obama a very big adversary ala Clinton and allow his ratings to bolster up. I would also like to see Obama get down and dirty into deal making to get things done on the Hill.

Ahh well, tons of gridlock and vetoing and squabbles between the House, Senate and Executive inc.
 Titan.Wombat
サーバ: Titan
user: Wombat
By Titan.Wombat 2010-11-03 13:14:32  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

compromise

You know this thread is about politics, right?
[+]
 Asura.Baroma
サーバ: Asura
user: baroma
By Asura.Baroma 2010-11-03 18:06:21  
I find it funny that The Annointed One thinks its not his failed policies, failed Stimulas that made the people flee from him. He said it was a commujncations problem that basically we all are too dumb to understand it. Its the Eliteist attitude that urks me.
[+]
 Odin.Gosuapple
サーバ: Odin
user: gosuapple
By Odin.Gosuapple 2010-11-03 18:22:35  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hopefully he'll learn from how Clinton handled a similar situation back in 1996. Although back then, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress, so the situation was a bit more dire for him.

Honestly, I expect nothing more than absolute government gridlock for two years. It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012.

It kinda makes me long for the Parliamentary system of government, like Britain or Japan. Where once we get into a situation like this, the head of state can simply dissolve Congress and call for mass elections for every seat again.

Of course in Japan the Prime Minister has to resign every damned time ***hits the fan whether it's his fault or not. Nothing like having the head of state constantly be the new guy on the job.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-03 18:40:31  
Titan.Wombat said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

compromise

You know this thread is about politics, right?
damn I forgot.
compromise is a silly dream i know.
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-03 18:48:07  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Hopefully he'll learn from how Clinton handled a similar situation back in 1996. Although back then, Republicans controlled both chambers of Congress, so the situation was a bit more dire for him. Honestly, I expect nothing more than absolute government gridlock for two years. It would probably be more constructive for Obama and Congress to just take a 24 month vacation and try again in 2012. It kinda makes me long for the Parliamentary system of government, like Britain or Japan. Where once we get into a situation like this, the head of state can simply dissolve Congress and call for mass elections for every seat again.

He's taken about 6 vacations just this year! Let the guy work. Not to mention his wife's trips.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-03 18:50:58  
What would be awesome is if everyone in Washington got their heads out of their *** now and decided to do something positive and, oh, I don't know, actually think about and discuss issues.

[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-03 18:53:40  
Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:
What would be awesome is if everyone in Washington got their heads out of their *** now and decided to do something positive and, oh, I don't know, actually think about and discuss issues.

I always say that they stick their thumb up their *** and spin around when congress is in session...I am right most of the time.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-03 18:54:06  

I think we'd be in trouble if politicians who arent educated in government actually try to do something with government.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-11-03 18:58:09  
Phoenix.Excelior said:

I think we'd be in trouble if politicians who arent educated in government actually try to do something with government.
We'd be in trouble if people such as you in the same.
 Phoenix.Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-11-03 19:01:24  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Excelior said:
We'd be in trouble if people such as you in the same.

You're right. I am definately not qualified to make governmental decisions. I think most politicans are not because political science teaches you very little about economics.
 Ramuh.Sagittario
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-11-03 19:12:00  
Unicorn.Brock said:
I like the way those crazy Brits scream at each other in the House of Commons. We should have that. I bet C-SPAN would get higher ratings.

LoL I LOVE prime ministers questions, I watch it every Wednesday, I am partially interested in the politics but it's mainly for the epic lols, the rants they have at each other and the schoolboy jeering is so lulzy.

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-03 19:14:06  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
Unicorn.Brock said:

LoL I LOVE prime ministers questions, I watch it every Wednesday, I am partially interested in the politics but it's mainly for the epic lols, the rants they have at each other and the schoolboy jeering is so lulzy.

Oh god I watch this all the time, I love the illogical arguments that conservative tend to bring up. I'm not a fan of labour, but seriously.

Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2010-11-03 20:19:21  
Asura.Baroma said:
I find it funny that The Annointed One thinks its not his failed policies, failed Stimulas that made the people flee from him. He said it was a commujncations problem that basically we all are too dumb to understand it. Its the Eliteist attitude that urks me.

He didn't say or think that at all. >_> You're just hating to hate, or didn't listen well. Read a transcript of the conference.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-03 21:05:59  
Communism, superior.
By Serj 2010-11-03 21:09:06  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Communism, superior.

I liked it in China. Although I did almost get arrested for witnessing a protest.

And seriously, I can't stop looking at your avatar...
 Unicorn.Brock
By Unicorn.Brock 2010-11-03 21:09:36  
Quote:
He didn't say or think that at all. >_> You're just hating to hate, or didn't listen well. Read a transcript of the conference.

You sound like a homer just posting just to post. Please educate everyone as to what hidden message you think he suggested to as a reason for everyone voting Republican on all levels of government in just about every state in the union yesterday.
[+]
First Page 2 ... 10 11 12