サーバ: Kujata
Game: FFXI
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-10-08 20:24:25  
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Can't even watch the second vid, there, Glenn Beck makes me rage so hard... *** idiot.

Yeah, I have the same issue with him. xD

He's ok when he's not all 'OMFG the government is against us! REPENT YOUR SINS TO GOD NOW!!!'

When is he NOT like that? xD
Not very often x'D I think the last time it was worth listening to was when he was making fun of Mel Gibson and his phone rage by comparing him to the Incredible Hulk.

By Kailana 2010-10-08 20:30:28  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Leviathan.Catnipthief said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Can't even watch the second vid, there, Glenn Beck makes me rage so hard... *** idiot.
He's ok when he's not all 'OMFG the government is against us! REPENT YOUR SINS TO GOD NOW!!!'
When is he NOT like that? xD I second the "I'm glad the option to let my house burn down isn't available in my country" motion, minus the america is *** up part. Watching firemen watching my house burn to the ground would probably be kinda traumatic. Part of me worries the homeowner might go looney tunes on someone. :(
I'd more worry about the township doing that, I recall hearing about some violence that happened against some of the firemen at their station because of this.

Not the firemen's fault, but when things are arranged in odd ways, ***happens. I'm sure if your house burnt down and the firemen came out just to make sure the yard next door was ok and say "loltoobad" to your face, I'm sure you'd be pissed, too. The firemen could have stepped forward and done what was right instead of what they were told.

Right to who? what if they did and got fired for disobeying orders? what if they lost their job over it and couldnt feed their kids anymore? is that right?

I find it unlikely the fire station would be fired....cuz then who would put out the fires? Firefighters require lots of training. :(
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 20:31:45  
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
When is he NOT like that? xD I second the "I'm glad the option to let my house burn down isn't available in my country" motion, minus the america is *** up part. Watching firemen watching my house burn to the ground would probably be kinda traumatic. Part of me worries the homeowner might go looney tunes on someone. :(
I'd more worry about the township doing that, I recall hearing about some violence that happened against some of the firemen at their station because of this.
Not the firemen's fault, but when things are arranged in odd ways, ***happens. I'm sure if your house burnt down and the firemen came out just to make sure the yard next door was ok and say "loltoobad" to your face, I'm sure you'd be pissed, too. The firemen could have stepped forward and done what was right instead of what they were told.
Right to who? what if they did and got fired for disobeying orders? what if they lost their job over it and couldnt feed their kids anymore? is that right?
I find it unlikely the fire station would be fired....cuz then who would put out the fires? Firefighters require lots of training. :(

Plus, no one would fire them for, you know, doing their job, if they did, the public would throw a fit.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-08 20:35:24  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Plus, no one would fire them for, you know, doing their job, if they did, the public would throw a fit.

you are pretty naive

Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-10-08 20:37:18  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

You know, disobeying orders, insubordination, all that jazz.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 20:37:25  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
you are pretty naive

Care to argue against my statement?
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 20:38:33  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Actually they can be fired and sued if they breached their contract with their county (assuming they have a county contract)

Its politics.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 20:40:24  
Leviathan.Angelskiss said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Kailana said:
Kujata.Akeda said:
Kailana said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Actually they can be fired and sued if they breached their contract with their county (assuming they have a county contract) Its politics.

Right, it's politics. And politicians are in charge. Making bad decisions won't get you reelected unless your Bush or something.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-08 20:41:07  
You know when you get hired. That paper they make you read and sign. Policy and Procedures ??? Breaching them can lead to termination.... Do you even work...honestly what kind of question is this.... I work for a bank and people get fired for this kind of ***every day.

Breach policy and you lose your job pretty straight forward
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 20:42:29  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
You know when you get hired. That paper they make you read and sign. Policy and Procedures ??? Breaching them can lead to termination.... Do you even work...honestly what kind of question is this.... I work for a bank and people get fired for this kind of ***every day. Breach policy and you lose your job pretty straight forward

That's because you work at a bank. People get fired when a company in charge of money loses money. You're not a firefighter, the two jobs aren't the same.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-08 20:47:30  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
You know when you get hired. That paper they make you read and sign. Policy and Procedures ??? Breaching them can lead to termination.... Do you even work...honestly what kind of question is this.... I work for a bank and people get fired for this kind of ***every day. Breach policy and you lose your job pretty straight forward

That's because you work at a bank. People get fired when a company in charge of money loses money. You're not a firefighter, the two jobs aren't the same.

All jobs have Rules/Regulation that you must abide to.
By Kailana 2010-10-08 20:48:03  
Lack of firefighters = your county burns. That's what the point people are trying to get at is here...I think? That's what I was trying to say, anyways.

The election thing is a good point, too.

I'm hoping the community will help the guy out. If they attacking the firefighters, there's a chance he'll get a helping hand...but a house is a really hard thing to replace. :(
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 20:48:55  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:

Are you an Emergency response worker? I am. So unless you know how it works, then don't sit there and pretend to blow what you think is intelligent smoke up people's ***. I have seen an EMT get fired for trying to help a kid out of a car after an accident because it breaches safety violations.
Policies and procedures are in place for EMTs, FF, CO's , And police officers.
By Kailana 2010-10-08 20:50:34  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Ramuh.Thunderz said:

Are you an Emergency response worker? I am. So unless you know how it works, then don't sit there and pretend to blow what you think is intelligent smoke up people's ***. I have seen an EMT get fired for trying to help a kid out of a car after an accident because it breaches safety violations.
Policies and procedures are in place for EMTs, FF, CO's , And police officers.

But would they fire an entire county's worth of EMTs, FF, CO's, or police officers? Of course not.

An individual would be easy to make an example of. Fire your fire fighting force and you're going to have a lot of damage as a result.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 20:50:54  

Kailana said:
Lack of firefighters = your county burns. That's what the point people are trying to get at is here...I think? That's what I was trying to say, anyways. The election thing is a good point, too. I'm hoping the community will help the guy out. If they attacking the firefighters, there's a chance he'll get a helping hand...but a house is a really hard thing to replace. :(

I'm done arguing with these idiots. They'll never get my point, or if they do, they'll never admit it. I'd recommend just giving up, but do what you want. See ya.
By Kailana 2010-10-08 20:53:06  
I'll probably continue reading, as the discussion back and forth interests me, just to see what people will say and think.

I dunno how much longer I feel like arguing opinion and thoughts and such, but it's a fun read so far!
 Fenrir.Yinsha
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Yinsha
By Fenrir.Yinsha 2010-10-08 20:53:52  
[+]
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 20:56:42  
Kailana said:

But would they fire an entire county's worth of EMTs, FF, CO's, or police officers? Of course not.

An individual would be easy to make an example of. Fire your fire fighting force and you're going to have a lot of damage as a result.
Of course they would not, lol that would be completely silly. however, entire fire/ambulance companies have walked out on strikes and they just bring in out of towners etc.

Do I agree with this, no. I think for a 75$ fee come the frick on>_> There is something so asinine about this story I facepalmed.

However, I do understand that as a county if you are responding out of your district, you are leaving your own district unprotected. (Also, are they still covered under their county insurances if they respond to an out of district place that has not paid the fee)

Obviously this is a tragic situation that happened that will hopefully get some laws and policies changed.
 Ramuh.Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-10-08 20:58:56  
Look the firefighters are not at fault. They are following they're bosses order. What they need to do is "Force everyone" to pay the fee and this kind of thing will never happen. The problem people don't like paying more taxes... if they can stomach 75$ Then the problem is solved

You guys saying the firefighters should have flipped off their boss and saved the guys house.... that is not a debatable you gunna get fired. So there you go, put yourself in their shoes. In a economy like this do you want to "possibly" lose your job for this guy. His life is not even at risk just a house that is most likely insured

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Kailana 2010-10-08 21:06:02  
Fenrir.Yinsha said:

I love these guys so much.
 Leviathan.Angelskiss
By Leviathan.Angelskiss 2010-10-08 21:08:13  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
I'm done arguing with these idiots. They'll never get my point, or if they do, they'll never admit it. I'd recommend just giving up, but do what you want. See ya.

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
LOL'd good timing Ryan
 Ramuh.Urial
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2010-10-08 21:09:52  
Phoenix.Kojo said:

You know I couldn't think of a way to tell Kojo how I thought he was acting....but yeah this does it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 21:09:56  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
LOL'd good timing Ryan

You know, that swelling would go down if you'd give the ***-kissing a rest.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-08 21:10:27  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
You know I couldn't think of a way to tell Kojo how I thought he was acting....but yeah this does it.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 21:11:15  
Ramuh.Urial said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:

Instead of arguing on, dragging out some long, pointless arguement, I decide to let things be and walk away, Urial, you're a *** idiot, and a child.
 Gilgamesh.Alyria
VIP
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: alyria
By Gilgamesh.Alyria 2010-10-08 21:11:50  
This is fun...

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-10-08 21:13:49  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Phoenix.Kojo said:
LOL'd good timing Ryan
You know, that swelling would go down if you'd give the ***-kissing a rest.
If you wouldn't be such a stupid *** there be no *** kissing when someone says you are QQing.

You're making no sense..
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9