フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » WHM Healing Speed and Potency
WHM Healing Speed and Potency
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Caitsith.Ganukay
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 08:28:36  
There's cheaper ways to cap cure potency and still use AF3 body in your cure potency set:

That's just my current set. If you wanted to go for a set that maxes out MND in non-cure potency slots:

Medicine ring makes an easy way to hit the 50% cure potency cap without a cure potency body. Either cancel your cruor buff to drop your HP, or pick up a bunch of convert hp-to-mp gear. The gear on my profile is my idle set. When I switch into my cure potency set, my HP percent drops to 72% or so. I haven't had a problem using this setup in or out of abyssea, and I always use cruor buffs.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-18 10:44:59  
You guys are silly with your Medicine Rings. I'd rather drop cures at 40% potency if it came to that, rather than ride with like 700 HP instead of 2200.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 10:55:44  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
There's cheaper ways to cap cure potency and still use AF3 body in your cure potency set:

That's just my current set. If you wanted to go for a set that maxes out MND in non-cure potency slots:

Medicine ring makes an easy way to hit the 50% cure potency cap without a cure potency body. Either cancel your cruor buff to drop your HP, or pick up a bunch of convert hp-to-mp gear. The gear on my profile is my idle set. When I switch into my cure potency set, my HP percent drops to 72% or so. I haven't had a problem using this setup in or out of abyssea, and I always use cruor buffs.

Why would you use curatio-grip ever? Also why do you use morganas-choker over ajari-necklace?

Anyways, I've said it once I'll say it again I'm don't want to macro in gear to activate the latent, I also don't want to hang around at lower HP especially being Taru. I also don't want to click my damn HP every single time I cure considering I am spam curing most of the time.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 11:11:10  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Why would you use curatio-grip ever? Also why do you use morganas-choker over ajari-necklace?

Sorry for having 1 less mnd in my neck than I should... I'm using morgana's because that's what I have. If I happen to catch the ajari necklace when it's actually available on the auction house, I will buy it.

Asura.Pergatory said:
You guys are silly with your Medicine Rings. I'd rather drop cures at 40% potency if it came to that, rather than ride with like 700 HP instead of 2200.
736 HP outside of abyssea idle, over 1200 inside abyssea depending on the zone. My HP only goes yellow during cast. It may not be worth it to some, but I don't have problems surviving with that low HP as a taru. Just offering advice on an alternative capped cure potency set with AF3 body.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 11:28:41  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

Sorry for having 1 less mnd in my neck than I should... I'm using morgana's because that's what I have. If I happen to catch the ajari necklace when it's actually available on the auction house, I will buy it.

Asura.Pergatory said:
736 HP outside of abyssea idle, over 1200 inside abyssea depending on the zone. My HP only goes yellow during cast. It may not be worth it to some, but I don't have problems surviving with that low HP as a taru. Just offering advice on an alternative capped cure potency set with AF3 body.

No need to be sorry was more of a curiosity question since Ajari is so cheap. Also still not sure why you use curatio which I was most curious about.

If you are going to offer advice you are putting yourself out there for open criticism also, just letting you know comes with the territory. In the end, most people within the WHM threads just want to help each other become the best they can.
[+]
 Caitsith.Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 11:37:05  
Fine, reign grip instead of curatio, forgot about that one. Anything other minor gear pieces I missed? I have no problem with criticism, I'm just trying to help as well.
 Bismarck.Gael
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-02-18 11:43:20  
I suggest you a verse strap +1 instead the reign grip and maybe a Quartz Tathlum instead the sachet
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 11:43:29  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
Fine, reign grip instead of curatio, forgot about that one. Anything other minor gear pieces I missed? I have no problem with criticism, I'm just trying to help as well.

nope :P just a difference of opinion on ring is all :)

you get 3 more MND with your setup if you're fine with the latent triggers which you said you were. The only other difference is 6 million gil :)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 11:47:10  
Bismarck.Gael said:
I suggest you a verse strap +1 instead the reign grip and maybe a Quartz Tathlum instead the sachet

Verse strap +1 has never even been sold on my server not sure about Gunakays. Also Quartz Tathlum is pretty rare as well, none sold on my server again and all you get is +5 MP? (If you didnt know the Aqua Satchet is reading +2 STR but it's actually +2 MND in game)
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 12:05:13  
I think the WHM community here has established that some people are OK with using Medicine Ring, and some of us dislike the Ring's downside enough to avoid using it.

I think one's choice boils down to whether or not one can access Roundel Earring, but that may be too sweeping of a generalization.

Still, it begs the question to those of you touting the Medicine Ring: would you still defend the use of Medicine Ring if you had access to Roundel Earring? I'm not trying to sound elitist. I'm just curious.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-02-18 12:21:38  
Quote:
Still, it begs the question to those of you touting the Medicine Ring: would you still defend the use of Medicine Ring if you had access to Roundel Earring? I'm not trying to sound elitist. I'm just curious.

Well i have a roundel earring, and i really hate the medicine ring, but atm its my only way to hit the cure potency cap (i dont like to be at 49% cause i had 50% since the lev 75), so i use it :'(

Quote:

Verse strap +1 has never even been sold on my server not sure about Gunakays. Also Quartz Tathlum is pretty rare as well, none sold on my server again and all you get is +5 MP? (If you didnt know the Aqua Satchet is reading +2 STR but it's actually +2 MND in game)

I know for the sachet, i just said that if you can mnd +2 with mp + 5 > mnd 2. Of course it's not a big change, but well it's still nice to have, especially because it is so rare (and not too expensive, on my server at least)
 Caitsith.Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 12:29:05  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
Bismarck.Gael said:

No Verse strap +1s on Caitsith. No quartz tathlums in AH history either for that matter. There's only been 2 aquasoul rings in AH history, too.

Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
I think the WHM community here has established that some people are OK with using Medicine Ring, and some of us dislike the Ring's downside enough to avoid using it.

I think one's choice boils down to whether or not one can access Roundel Earring, but that may be too sweeping of a generalization.

I think I'd still defend the Med. Ring. While I'm losing a possible MND+7 slot with it, unless I'm looking at it wrong Med. ring's +10% cure potency on one piece allows for a lot more MND in other slots.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 12:37:55  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:

I think I'd still defend the Med. Ring. While I'm losing a possible MND+7 slot with it, unless I'm looking at it wrong Med. ring's +10% cure potency on one piece allows for a lot more MND in other slots.

I'm not sure which slots you're speaking about, but there's already been an example referenced in this thread:
Sunbeam Cape instead of Orison Cape: 6 MND
Celestial Earring instead of Orison earring: 3 MND
Ajari Necklace or Morgana's Choker instead of Fylgja Torque +1: 5 or 6 MND
Medicine Ring instead of Karka Ring or Aquasoul Ring: -6 or -7 MND

In total, that's a net gain of 7 to 9 MND. That's not insignificant, but it's also nothing to write home about.

Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 12:38:16  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:

I think in most cases you would only gain 7-9 MND (9 if you had a +4 MND earring which aren't easy to come by)

for example: -7 MND from no Aquasoul + 10% cure potency

+6 MND Ajari (-3%)
+6 MND sunbeam (-3%)
+2-4 MND Earring (-5%)

A lot of people right now running with 2-3 MND earrings I think so avg would be 8 MND.

+6+6+3-7
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 12:41:43  
Bismarck.Gael said:

Well i have a roundel earring, and i really hate the medicine ring, but atm its my only way to hit the cure potency cap (i dont like to be at 49% cause i had 50% since the lev 75), so i use it :'(

Not trying to judge you; I don't know how much time/effort you invest in your WHM vs. your other jobs; this is just advice:

You could eliminate your need for Medicine Ring with Orison Earring, Augur's Gloves, and Orison Cap +2.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 12:42:07  
didn't people figure out the cap on MND for Cure Vs and VIs? What was it again just curious. It might have just been a hard cap on CV/CVI I can't remember what it takes to hit it though besides a brew
 Caitsith.Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 12:48:45  
Say you're using this:

That's a total +41 MND base.

Versus this set:

+61 MND, using medicine ring.

I'm referring to sets that are using AF3 body of course.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 12:55:13  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
Say you're using this:

Versus this set:

On the contrary, what Tweeek and I are suggesting is using this:

Which allows you to wear AF3+2 body and not use Medicine Ring.
This set puts you @ 49% Cure Potency instead of 50%, but the +17 MND and +5 Healing Skill added by Augur's Gloves and Marduk's Crackows outweighs the 1% more Cure Potency from Serpentes Set.
This set grants +60 MND, which is comparable to the +61 MND in your Medicine Ring set above.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 12:56:29  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
Say you're using this:

Versus this set:

Augurs and Marduks for serp set 49% ends up being better than 50%
[+]
 Caitsith.Ganukay
By Caitsith.Ganukay 2011-02-18 13:10:06  
Ok, so the difference in cures isn't much.
Straight comparison outside abyssea assuming base taru stats at 90 and capped healing skill:

C1: 52
C2: 145
C3: 304
C4: 616
C5: 1080
C6: 1404

C2: 144
C3: 302
C4: 610
C5: 1072
C6: 1393

Cures are so close it just comes down to whether you want drop HP or not for 8 more HP on a cure V. If I could actually get roundel earring, I'd consider getting rid of medicine ring, but I'd rather spend all my gil working on yagrush.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-02-18 13:36:49  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:
Straight comparison outside abyssea assuming base taru stats at 90 and capped healing skill:

Cures are so close it just comes down to whether you want drop HP or not for 8 more HP on a cure V. If I could actually get roundel earring, I'd consider getting rid of medicine ring, but I'd rather spend all my gil working on yagrush.

That's correct. By using Medicine Ring, you're getting about the same results, but having to keep your HP "in the yellow" to make it work.

That said, you've got to have Roundel Earring (or give up Orison Pantaloons to use augmented Shantotto pants) and Fylgja Torque +1 to do this. And that could cost up to 10 M gil.
So yes, Medicine Ring is a cheaper way to get similar results. It's up to the player to decide if staying "in the yellow" is an acceptable practice or not.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 15:19:21  
also keep in mind the med ring set is assuming MND+4 earring. People are kind of talking about MND+3 and MND+4 earrings like they flooded the market, as far as I know if you can even get your hands on some of them they will cost a good amount. I don't even know how to get a neptunes pearl and most +3 MND earrings are going to run you at least a cool mil on most servers
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-02-18 15:39:58  
Is the Medicine ring <75% HP properties different from Sorc. Ring? From reading the BLM forums, when using the Sorc. Ring, you need to have your true HP without cruor buffs to be at <75%. If I were to cancel my HP buff, would the ring activate? (And you'd actually go into the orange, assuming you have your Merit Abyssites)
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 15:44:17  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Is the Medicine ring <75% HP properties different from Sorc. Ring? From reading the BLM forums, when using the Sorc. Ring, you need to have your true HP without cruor buffs to be at <75%. If I were to cancel my HP buff, would the ring activate? (And you'd actually go into the orange, assuming you have your Merit Abyssites)

most people say it works, i haven't tested personally I do know you click off your HP goes down but the max HP stays the same Regen starts to tick right away after you click it off

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2011-02-18 17:09:24  
Caitsith.Ganukay said:

C2: 145
C3: 304

C2: 144
C3: 302

Why is your c6 so low? I'm using

I'm not logged in to see the other slots and I just woke up so I don't remember. My c6 is 1530.
 Bismarck.Gael
By Bismarck.Gael 2011-02-18 17:17:37  
it's outside abyssea
[+]
 Bismarck.Angeleus
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2011-02-18 18:24:53  

Cool!
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-18 22:56:30  
I have been sick lately and haven't been on the game/forums much, but I do have to agree, as much as I hate it, the +2 body build is better with serpents, roundel and orison earring (ew) with orison cape.

I just dont like the look of it and I'm the type of whm that would sacrifice 25% HP then wearing a bunch of gear I really dont want to wear.

I'm going to hold out for the new Magian trials, SE already said that they would release another stage. I am gonna take a guess here and say its going to be 25% cure potency.

25% Staff
10% head
5% Earring
3% back (<3 orison cape look, I have always loved the old school white cape look and always wished they released something better with the same look).
4% augur gloves
3% neck
= 50%... if they dont make it 25% then nvm on that :(

I worked so hard and long to get marduk feet I dont want to use serpent stuff ; ;

So basically, I'm being stubborn haha
[+]