Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-08 14:04:56  
Go ahead, quote out of context.

If you're dying on WHM you're eating some really big hits, because you're on one of the most survivable jobs around. As such, the only way Phalanx is going to save you is if you die with a relatively small amount of overkill. That's also dependent on the damage in question being physical.
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-08 14:05:14  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
ITT: logic = overreacting
Quote:
I like phalanx
Quote:
Phalanx is really saving you?
that conclusion wasn't "logic" night
>implying there are times when phalanx indeed saves you
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-08 14:15:14  
So basically, you like /RDM for the borderline useless ***it gives you rather than for the niche but nonetheless useful utility spells it has access to without significant JA delay.

k
[+]
 Fenrir.Snick
user: Snick
By Fenrir.Snick 2011-02-08 14:17:40  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
I said I like phalanx and I do. I never said it will change the course of every fight I said "I like phalanx" lol My original point was stating the differences between /rdm and /sch that weren't mentioned. Not to say everyone should always sub red mage guys

The reason I'm sub rdm when this title was updated was to refresh my alt to keep killing fast paced. I didn't use that example because it's far too abstract
>implying your opinion is logical

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-02-08 14:22:24  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
So basically, you like /RDM for the borderline useless ***it gives you. k
lol you just don't know when to quit, do you? /rdm is far from useless /sch is just generally a better option. I'm not going to concede the point you demand
/rdm as a sub is very good..very very good for Blm. Oh wait we are in a whm forum..if you aren't /sch then /blm and be useful for D2's at least. I can't think of a situation where /rdm would be better than /sch.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-08 14:22:27  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
So basically, you like /RDM for the borderline useless ***it gives you.

k
lol you just don't know when to quit, do you? /rdm is far from useless /sch is just generally a better option. I'm not going to concede the point you demand
I don't think you even know what I'm arguing. I know /RDM is useful and I can even provide an example situation: Ovni duo, to dispel Fluorescence. Granted Ovni's easy enough you could just sit in Dark Arts the whole fight... Anyway, what I am saying is that your examples for reasons to use /RDM are pretty terrible.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Nikolce
サーバ: Shiva
user: Nikolce
By Shiva.Nikolce 2011-02-08 14:55:15  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Shiva.Nikolce said:
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:
you guys are insane, /SCH is so clutch / wonderful / nice / amazing / awesome
How so?
Breaks fastcast cap if you need it, MORE MP THAN JESUS.... Celerity, Accession.... best thing if you don't need stun. >_>?

I'm pretty fast already. How much more mp than jesus we talkin? What does celerity and accession do? What else would I loose? sleep?

@tweek I PL alot on whm/rdm and convert and refresh is freaking sweet.
affatace solace turns noobs into invincible armies of unstoppableness

@phalanx arguement. Phalanx doesn't last long enought for my taste, it's cool for pulling mobs for smn burns but otherwise kinda meh. It's a love hate relationship, it's saved my butt on a few occasions but it just wears off too damn fast.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 15:30:41  
Shiva.Nikolce said:

@tweek I PL alot on whm/rdm and convert and refresh is freaking sweet.

Yea I really think it's one of the better reasons to use /RDM and I can understand why someone would choose to do so.

Shiva.Nikolce said:

I'm pretty fast already. How much more mp than jesus we talkin? What does celerity and accession do? What else would I loose? sleep?

Celerity
Reduces the casting time and the recast time of your next white magic spell by 50%.

Accession
Extends the effect of your next healing or enhancing white magic spell to party members within range

i.e. Protect V-ga (if no merit Protecra V), Stoneskin-ga, Blink-ga (situational), honestly I love it for sneak-ga / invisible-ga lol, I really wish we could Haste-ga but we can't. Also nice to do single target spells to people not in your party who don't have a WHM Shell V-ga since you cant Shellra V them. Turn a Cure into a Cure-ga for another party to wake them up

Penury
Reduces the MP cost of your next white magic spell by 50%.

I like this spell for things like Reraise III or a Raise or Curaga IV or if you're starting to run low on MP this before a Cure VI can help.

MP
You don't start off with a lot more MP from the stat calculator @ lvl90 Taru WHM/SCH vs WHM/RDM is 10mp but that's just starting out after Abyssea buffs it's larger and on top of that the biggest part of the MP difference is saving 10% on every single Light based spell using Light Arts

Light Arts
# Reduces MP costs for White Magic spells by 10%, and increases MP costs for Black Magic spells by 20%.
# Reduces casting time for White Magic by 10%, and increases casting time for Black Magic by 20%.

That saves a ton of MP over time thus granting you more MP with /SCH

Another nice feature is Grants a bonus to divine, enhancing, enfeebling, and healing magic.

Lastly another source of MP you get from SCH that I use all the time when in a pinch is:

Sublimation
Gradually creates a storage of MP while reducing your HP. The effect ends once an MP limit is reached, or your HP has gone too low. The stored MP is then transferred to your MP pool by using the ability a second time.

Duration (Charging): Until MP stored is 25% of Max HP or until HP ≤ 50% (Max Sublimation will increase its value by 10 per Merit Point).

An instant BAM of MP once you it's charged, all you do is slap on stoneskin and activate this to charge on longer fights you can easily use it more than once if needed.

Shiva.Nikolce said:

What else would I loose? sleep?

Funny you mention this, Sublimation will wake you from zzz if for whatever reason you were within range.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-08 16:39:50  
I just prefer /rdm for the benefit of being ready constantly, I tend to overthink things in terms of planning ahead, and while yeah that aoe stoneskin and protect for other partys is cutesy during downtime, fighting nms like, lets say, bukhis for shits and giggles, i'm not running in to some doom, buff removal petrify blizzaga goodness for 350 damage absorbed. Cures should have maxed out -casttime and 50% recast and again while penury is nice saving that 100 mp maybe on a cure vi, I dont find myself having mp issues resolved with a 100mp cut, esp with awesome taeliabrd. These are my justifications and I'm probably forgetting some things from both parties but i'm typing on my phone qq. This is my sub of choice, but to each their own, especially with different groups and people we all run with, so I ask you don't dismiss this as "lewl u disagry and r dum" because I have played both and these are just my personal preferences. In the decade it took me to type this I probably mind jumped to something else so forgive any lapses in grammar and restatements. That being said what should I get for dinner subway or pizza!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 18:06:48  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
I just prefer /rdm for the benefit of being ready constantly, I tend to overthink things in terms of planning ahead, and while yeah that aoe stoneskin and protect for other partys is cutesy during downtime, fighting nms like, lets say, bukhis for shits and giggles, i'm not running in to some doom, buff removal petrify blizzaga goodness for 350 damage absorbed. Cures should have maxed out -casttime and 50% recast and again while penury is nice saving that 100 mp maybe on a cure vi, I dont find myself having mp issues resolved with a 100mp cut, esp with awesome taeliabrd. These are my justifications and I'm probably forgetting some things from both parties but i'm typing on my phone qq. This is my sub of choice, but to each their own, especially with different groups and people we all run with, so I ask you don't dismiss this as "lewl u disagry and r dum" because I have played both and these are just my personal preferences. In the decade it took me to type this I probably mind jumped to something else so forgive any lapses in grammar and restatements. That being said what should I get for dinner subway or pizza!

I seemed to have missed that part in which you were trying to say what part of /RDM exactly makes you "being ready constantly" I really did look for it but all I could see was you talking down the attributes of /SCH.

I can understand you are saying what you would get out of /SCH you do not find important to you or how you play but failed to see the benefit of /RDM.

I read no where in your text that actually tells me the part of /RDM that makes you prefer it, again other than "being ready constantly". It has been some time since I played RDM but unless there are some hidden traits, attributes, job abilities I am forgetting here I do not quite understand how exactly choosing that subjob will in fact make you "more ready" than I am on /SCH.

Also pizza, eff subway.
[+]
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-08 18:11:58  
Gilgamesh.Tweeek said:

I seemed to have missed that part in which you were trying to say what part of /RDM exactly makes you "being ready constantly" I really did look for it but all I could see was you talking down the attributes of /SCH.

I can understand you are saying what you would get out of /SCH you do not find important to you or how you play but failed to see the benefit of /RDM.

I read no where in your text that actually tells me the part of /RDM that makes you prefer it, again other than "being ready constantly".

Also pizza, eff subway.

Oh yeah, that would've helped to clarify, i'm tired leave me alone qq. Thought the perks of /rdm had been argued already earlier, but apparently not. I just feel the higher calibur of fastcast, an instantaneous array of enfeebles due to my group's lack of a rdm main in our events such as blind and gravity and dispel not requiring things such as dark arts without the complications of overthinking which strategem to use when to achieve my desired effect. Again, typing on phone etc, so probably errors and stuff.
edit: dominos ok?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-02-08 18:16:44  
Can cap -curecasttime without /RDM, and iirc Arts breaks the 50% cap? Making /SCH faster in that respect. Dispel etc are certainly not to be ignored but I'm not sure I agree with you in that they're sufficient to make /RDM a default sub (though it's certainly a useful one at times). BRD and (usually) BLM have Dispel (assuming it's needed), Gravity isn't worth much these days, and depending on your setup Blind may not be useful. tbh, if I was going to use a non-SCH sub I'd probably look at /BLM before /RDM unless I specifically needed Dispel.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 18:20:40  
I want to make it clear that in no way did I intend to say that Penury alone would solve an MP issue I said that it was just one weapon in the arsenal of tools that are given to you to help you combat MP issues. Penury alone would be silly, but Penury teamed up with 10% MP cost reduction, Sublimation together all help make it be a very effective and conservative with their MP use.

Oh yeah, that would've helped to clarify, i'm tired leave me alone qq. Thought the perks of /rdm had been argued already earlier, but apparently not. I just feel the higher calibur of fastcast, an instantaneous array of enfeebles due to my group's lack of a rdm main in our events such as blind and gravity and dispel not requiring things such as dark arts without the complications of overthinking which strategem to use when to achieve my desired effect. Again, typing on phone etc, so probably errors and stuff.

Oh, I can see that. For me and the group I play with I don't have to worry about that stuff. We usually either have a BLM/RDM to help or a RDM as a backup healer(s) if we are fighting something tougher or have some extra spots where a RDM could help. Otherwise if there is no BLM/RDM or RDM I just don't worry about, don't use Gravity too much anymore because we just don't kite kill like we used to. We just throw a MNK NIN or THF at it and see what happens haha :)

I have a ton more RDM friends than I do WHM ones especially in our LS :) It's nice having one around to help with debuffs when not low-manning. If I didn't perhaps I would share your opinion.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-08 18:28:29  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Can cap -curecasttime without /RDM, and iirc Arts breaks the 50% cap? Making /SCH faster in that respect. Dispel etc are certainly not to be ignored but I'm not sure I agree with you in that they're sufficient to make /RDM a default sub (though it's certainly a useful one at times). BRD and (usually) BLM have Dispel, Gravity isn't worth much these days, and depending on your setup Blind may not be useful. All this is assuming the mob in question actually requires the debuffs in question.
Hmm, I was talking more of other whmly duties such as haste and the like in terms of fast cast, but this breaking the 50% with light arts is news to me, this intrigues me greatly. I'll try out /sch for my next romp on whm again, It very well could be that I just have been addicted to the convert from /rdm if i needed a new mp pool instantly. We usually have 2 ukon wars, a whm, a brd, a twatwasher thf, and a kannagi nin for our main party, so mp gets spent fast sometimes, so it very well could be I overlooked the subtlety of /sch. But yeah this LA breaking the 50% cap kind of makes my reasoning for /rdm moot in part. Also, nice Eevee~
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 18:33:52  
Hmm, I was talking more of other whmly duties such as haste and the like in terms of fast cast, but this breaking the 50% with light arts is news to me, this intrigues me greatly. I'll try out /sch for my next romp on whm again, It very well could be that I just have been addicted to the convert from /rdm if i needed a new mp pool instantly. We usually have 2 ukon wars, a whm, a brd, a twatwasher thf, and a kannagi nin for our main party, so mp gets spent fast sometimes, so it very well could be I overlooked the subtlety of /sch. But yeah this LA breaking the 50% cap kind of makes my reasoning for /rdm moot in part. Also, nice Eevee~

SCH gives you infinite MP with the right setup. I can literally spam Cure V/VI at timer and not run out of MP.

Also if someone dies mid-fight? No problem, Celerity-Raise III that ***, and your tank won't even have his cureskin broken by the time you're done.

There's really no reason to use /RDM ever unless it's a weird situation like needing to have Dispel ready along with Cures.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-02-08 18:37:01  
My mule doesn't have /sch :(
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-02-08 18:39:20  
Leviathan.Niniann said:

SCH gives you infinite MP with the right setup. I can literally spam Cure V/VI at timer and not run out of MP.

Also if someone dies mid-fight? No problem, Celerity-Raise III that ***, and your tank won't even have his cureskin broken by the time you're done.

There's really no reason to use /RDM ever unless it's a weird situation like needing to have Dispel ready along with Cures.

The *** is this ***, eevees?
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 18:42:54  
skimmed, didn't see it mentioned but /sch also has conserve mp.
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-08 18:49:42  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

SUCKLESS D:<

Eevee is the best~ >:3 AND TIGER IS OUR POKEMON MASTER!
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-08 18:59:45  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

SUCKLESS D:<

Eevee is the best~ >:3 AND TIGER IS OUR POKEMON MASTER!

you heard it here first, niniann and nightfyre are just tiger's puppets!
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-08 19:23:00  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:

you heard it here first, niniann and nightfyre are just tiger's puppets!

lol.
[+]
 Asura.Pergatory
サーバ: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2011-02-15 12:43:47  
edit: dominos ok?
For what it's worth, /SCH actually has better enfeebling than /RDM in my opinion. You don't get Blind, Bind, or Grav, but honestly those enfeebs are a joke compared to the main two: Paralyze and Slow. Even if your enfeebling is capped on WHM, Light Arts still gives you 31 skill. Basically /RDM will be better at enfeebling weak stuff, and /SCH will be better at enfeebling strong stuff.

It also gives you higher enhancing skill for better barspells (315 to 341).
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-02-15 13:00:40  
/blm and haste yourself and make use of stun.
[+]