First Page 2 3 4 5 6

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-18 23:12:49  
The best thing from the whole level cap increase and the introduction of new gear is that they allowed players to reach the height of a job (the caps put by SE) with several different options.

Back at lvl 75 not all melees could reach Haste cap, Cure potency was a dream, refresh and movement + items were extremely rare and didn't cover for all jobs in the game etc.

The most important thing is that unless a player is really HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, people will have less reasons to look down on him and brag about some elitist nonesense in a videogame.

Play the game to enjoy it, not for work :)

I semi derailed the thread here, but that's what I thought reading Kalilla's post, and his/her WHM is pimp >_>
 Gilgamesh.Tweeek
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tweeek
By Gilgamesh.Tweeek 2011-02-18 23:36:53  
Kallila if you have marduks and augurs roll with those over serp set, its been covered and said multiple times in this thread you should give it a try ^^
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-19 00:14:52  
I remember when all you really could get was light/apollos/templar mace :O/askleamobobthingy club with nobles/aristocrats and medicine ring if you didn't mind taking the hit for -25% hp (i sure didn't). 32% cure potency was very nice, and I had no problems with it. I do enjoy reaching the cap now and do enjoy having a shitload of MND.

I however do not enjoy a lot of refresh. I get unhappy with more than 10 MP a tic. I truly do, and have even asked some brds/rdms to just not bother because I actually want to have fun.

I /rdm because 90% of the time I play with a nin and mnk (no brd or rdm around). It makes things more challenging and that's what keeps me playing the game. I hate it being so easy you could do it blindfolded with mad refresh atmas, ballad 3/2 ghorn style and refresh 2 and throw a cor in there and just cure 6/5 spam down your list and not even care about paying attention.

Yea that was exaggerated but that's how I see it. There was once a time for me when I was shocked you could get over 10 MP a tic and thought it was the best thing ever. I don't need 30 MP a tic, I truly do not appreciate that.

If I wanted to cheat I would go buy a gameshark thing and play something that I can restart and play again later. WHM is forever broken in my opinion sadly, even outside of abyssea.

The challenge is realistically gone, and it doesn't matter what sub you use now because you can accomplish the job naked, no gear, probably without a sub too. WHM is still my favorite job though, and I wont quit on it. Yes, you don't HAVE to use all that stuff and thats what I have chosen to do. I'm sure they thought it would be a great way to help us out but in the end it hurt the job. It is just my opinion on the matter.

I miss the days I went out and quested for my teleports.
I miss the moments when I got hexa strike and fell in love with whm meleeing.
I DONT miss the boring ***in sky/sea/dynamis/limbus/znm/scnm/vnm/ks99 where I never really got to do much.
I miss the months I stopped leveling whm at level 67 because I wanted a nobles tunic so so bad that I farmed/fished enough gil to buy one for 13,450,000 gil.
I dont miss the moment when I sold that nobles tunic for 300,000 gil.
I miss when leveling was a time to spend with random people (who didn't come to hit a few things and afk'ed til someone asked if you were leeching or not).
I miss the moments I had fighting my first HNM's like fafnir/nidhogg, KB, I hate you Dark Ixion btw, and yet you made HNM LS's so fun.... and Tiamat, how could I not hate you. Your window is so stupid... Thanks for the heralds gaiters bish :(
I didn't miss any of that after a month of doing that ***...
I avoided HNM camping for 6 years, and then did it for 1 whole year.
Thanks Abyssea for coming out and taking me out of that dull routine.
Oh and the main reason I /rdm is... well...I just like converting. LOL
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
サーバ: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-02-19 00:24:31  
I'm sure it does, but all that matters in my opinion is getting the job done and bringing your team to victory.

I might do /nin and when I'm bored bring out the clubs...wait that's bad I cant do that ; ;
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2011-02-19 00:33:35  
Whm/Nin is hella fun, and for that brief window between the introduction of Mystic Boon and the lvl cap raise I occasionally enjoyed attending to Dynamis subbing ninja and never needing to rest thanks to the mp recover effect XD

And Templar mace + Asklepios was the ***!
[+]
 Cerberus.Baroka
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Baroka
By Cerberus.Baroka 2011-03-19 00:32:48  
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
RDM sub rules all :O
seconded
LMAO you were the one who called me gimp when i only used rdm sub on whm! now look at you /sch isnt that good now is it
[+]
 Caitsith.Cyana
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Cyana
By Caitsith.Cyana 2011-03-19 18:18:13  
Cerberus.Baroka said:
Cerberus.Wolfshadow said:
Siren.Kalilla said:
RDM sub rules all :O
seconded
LMAO you were the one who called me gimp when i only used rdm sub on whm! now look at you /sch isnt that good now is it

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/2084-WHM-Have-NO-Natural-Refresh-Capability-WHY?p=23162#post23162

But you only /sch I thought...
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-03-19 18:19:34  
Why the *** would you WHM/RDM?
[+]
 Cerberus.Baroka
user: Baroka
By Cerberus.Baroka 2011-03-19 18:20:25  
this was way before i capped potency and ***. i only use /sch now for the aoe *** + drain aspir and dispel
 Cerberus.Mystina
user: Lede
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-03-19 18:34:24  
There is absolutly no reason to use /rdm ever, for any reason, in fact gravity is about the only possible reason to sub it, (good luck landing it) /sch takes care of anything and everything you need for whm, there ARE some fights (if you know what you're doing at least) that MP CAN run low, even with MM blm has it's uses when you need a quick warp/warp 2 or escape, but other then that it's just as useless as rdm, as /rdm gives you absolutly nothing of value outside phalanx, but since when does whm need it?

You can "get away" with no /sch of course, in abyssea, but just as a blm can get away with /whm, you obviously don't take whm seriously enough, you may as well not even have a SJ.
[+]
 Caitsith.Cyana
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Cyana
By Caitsith.Cyana 2011-03-19 19:06:31  
Actually I was referring to the fact that in your comment you specifically said "/sch isn't that good now is it" but that is just nitpicking I guess. Last time I used /rdm was outside abyssea but inside sometimes I like to /blm for stun. I have always loved /sch for the increased enfeebling especially those wonderful moments when paralyze destroys w/e my bf's mnk/war/ooh methinks I'll go nin today is tanking. Only time I get annoyed with it is when I have to spam dispel more than I like which means switching into Add:Black but with the amount of refresh, increased spell cost doesn't bother me, just the damn timers. Not like I'm hurting for charges though and I don't really need to dispel w/e we duo.
Some people are quite used to /rdm though. You can ask them why until the cows come home, it is personal preference. Just like if I am somehow forced to go whm/rdm, more than three times I'll be hitting my accession macro by accident hoping to cast a paralyna-ga. I'd rather play pup than /rdm =.=
[+]
 Cerberus.Mystina
By Cerberus.Mystina 2011-03-19 19:19:12  
Hmm, the two primary reason people use /rdm is either

A: they don't have sch sub and way to lazy to level it.

B: they more then likly burned the job and have no idea how to properly use it outside a "Cure bot"

I stretch this point because i am a primary WHM and i never understand what this sub can possibly do for whm outside of a free dispel.

But the fact blm gets stun at 45 even makes blm far more useful now, even less of a reason to sub that garbage rdm
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Milleuda
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Milleuda 2011-03-19 19:41:48  
People still sub rdm..I remember when people argued over smn sub, it's almost just as bad...almost.
 Shiva.Wiegraph
サーバ: Shiva
user: Wiegraph
By Shiva.Wiegraph 2011-03-19 19:43:56  
Milleuda haha.. i had to post simply to say hi, its me, wiegraf XD
By thejon 2011-03-19 20:17:10  
Cerberus.Mystina said:
Hmm, the two primary reason people use /rdm is either

A: they don't have sch sub and way to lazy to level it.

B: they more then likly burned the job and have no idea how to properly use it outside a "Cure bot"

I stretch this point because i am a primary WHM and i never understand what this sub can possibly do for whm outside of a free dispel.

But the fact blm gets stun at 45 even makes blm far more useful now, even less of a reason to sub that garbage rdm

I can think of a 3rd! 4 manning Tiamat with a PLD that needs refresh, but yes other then that /RDM is trash.
[+]