Question About Christianity?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Question about christianity?
Question about christianity?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-09-21 16:32:41  
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I asked my dads minister last time they tried to convert me(long story), but anyways who did Cain have kids with? From how I understand the bible god made Adam and eve and they had 2 sons 1 killed the other(Cain I am pretty sure). So who did Cain have children with? If incest is a sin he couldn't of done it with his mother? So who?
he had kids with his sister, then they bred with each other, and along the way, after hundreds of years, YOU came to be.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:33:06  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Girls like those block games. Like tetris or that one where you shoot the different color blocks at each other to make them disappear.

Ones that don't require much thought? Mad sexist!
I dunno, end-game tetris needs some mad hand-eye coordination.

There's end-game in Tetris?
MINDS HAVE BEEN BLOWN

But seriously, I have Tetris for Xbox from long ago, and whenever I played online it was NOTHING but girls/moms, lol. I never ran into another guy online.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:33:56  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Asura.Alymorel said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
And according to the bible, most Christians are going to hell.
Incoming WALL O' TEXT!

The student should have failed. People can belong to more than one religion. The premise of their argument then falls.

Yes but those religions say that if you belong to any other....

Still stands.

Also his postulate was not on the bases of souls in hell, but rather the previous postulate of Theresa.
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 16:34:20  
AGAIN!

Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:35:15  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Girls like those block games. Like tetris or that one where you shoot the different color blocks at each other to make them disappear.

MINDS HAVE BEEN BLOWN

But seriously, I have Tetres for Xbox from long ago, and whenever I played online it was NOTHING but girls/moms, lol. I never ran into another guy online.

Guys dont have the spacial awareness that girls do. That's most interior decorators are female
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:35:16  
UN-MAIN GET
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:36:48  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
UN-MAIN GET

lolwut
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:37:02  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

MINDS HAVE BEEN BLOWN

But seriously, I have Tetres for Xbox from long ago, and whenever I played online it was NOTHING but girls/moms, lol. I never ran into another guy online.

Guys dont have the spacial awareness that girls do. That's most interior decorators are female
I just don't know how all the generalities are formed, why do guys specifically not have this spatial awareness, now if you had said that girls are more known for their spatial awareness yeahhh.
but again, I like tetris, i see things in big picture all that and I'm a guy :/

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

MINDS HAVE BEEN BLOWN

But seriously, I have Tetris for Xbox from long ago, and whenever I played online it was NOTHING but girls/moms, lol. I never ran into another guy online.
I'd imagine that the guys are playing games other than tetris.
You are the exception the girl/mom rule yourself :P
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 16:37:37  
Not on main page anymore. Welp, this thread is dead.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:38:02  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
UN-MAIN GET

lolwut

Thread was taken off of the front page. A mod must be lurkin'
 Ifrit.Daemun
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 16:39:27  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I love Christians like you. Thank you sir. i wish i could upvote you more than once.
Thank you! My church is in line with the thoughts I just posted. I couldn't agree more with you atheists and agnostics here that say most Christians are fundamentalists who only speak erratically and do nothing but push people away from Christianity.
My pastor and I are in agreement that there are these terrible people giving Christianity a bad name: Christians!

I always hope to help someone find the true love of Jesus and see what a relationship with God actually means. If someone isn't open to that the best I can do is pray for them that they reach the point where they extend a hand up and someone pulls them out of their hole. Shoving religion down their throat does nothing but push them away and make me seem like an idiot. It's sad to say that the reason most people don't explore further the answers to their questions in a church, or better yet through the Bible and prayer; is due to people claiming to have the same beliefs I do. Unfortunately these people don't have the right idea of this either and make the rest of us unable to help because of the slandering they have unknowingly done to our Savior and King.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-21 16:40:20  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
UN-MAIN GET

lolwut

Thread was taken off of the front page. A mod must be lurkin'
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:42:15  
Nope still there....

@Vinvv its not an assumption or generalization, its an observable assessment. Females have much high spacial and social awareness due to roles they've had to preform through out the evolutionary span of life. I never said guys dont have any, females are simply more apt for it, which makes games like tetris easier and more enjoyable for them.
 Asura.Israfel
サーバ: Asura
user: Tmuler
By Asura.Israfel 2010-09-21 16:44:12  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
I love Christians like you. Thank you sir. i wish i could upvote you more than once.
Thank you! My church is in line with the thoughts I just posted. I couldn't agree more with you atheists and agnostics here that say most Christians are fundamentalists who only speak erratically and do nothing but push people away from Christianity.
My pastor and I are in agreement that there are these terrible people giving Christianity a bad name: Christians!

I always hope to help someone find the true love of Jesus and see what a relationship with God actually means. If someone isn't open to that the best I can do is pray for them that they reach the point where they extend a hand up and someone pulls them out of their hole. Shoving religion down their throat does nothing but push them away and make me seem like an idiot. It's sad to say that the reason most people don't explore further the answers to their questions in a church, or better yet through the Bible and prayer; is due to people claiming to have the same beliefs I do. Unfortunately these people don't have the right idea of this either and make the rest of us unable to help because of the slandering they have unknowingly done to our Savior and King.
Amen , 1000 times over. God bless you dude
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:45:14  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

just to play devil's advocate here, i agree with you that some people are turned off by radical Christians, but some people also simply find the answers and support Christianity provides isn't fulfilling to them. I fall i the latter category.

That being said, the self driving goal to discover what is the truth for oneself is the most anyone can ask of.

Since we brought Socrates into this, my personal life quote "Ho de anexetastos bios ou biôtos anthrôpôi" - The unexamined life is not worth living, for humans
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:50:32  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Nope still there....

@Vinvv its not an assumption or generalization, its an observable assessment. Females have much high spacial and social awareness due to roles they've had to preform through out the evolutionary span of life. I never said guys dont have any, females are simply more apt for it, which makes games like tetris easier and more enjoyable for them.
Still seems like a generalization to me.
Unless you've met almost 7 million different individuals whom all have varying social norms.
How exactly do you get that females are more apt to being socially aware or spatially aware for that matter?
Saying that more girls are designers doesn't work because that is also a function of a social norm.
IE: Barbies and Army Men.
I'm not trying to be disagreeable I just don't see that as something you can validly state without an effective cross section of our world society.
Which is what can I say...difficult at this moment and time.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:58:15  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Nope still there....

Unless you've met almost 7 million different individuals whom all have varying social norms.
How exactly do you get that females are more apt to being socially aware or spatially aware for that matter?
Saying that more girls are designers doesn't work because that is also a function of a social norm.

Barbies and Army men have nothing to do with spacial awareness. There have been thousands of studies performed with regards to the sexes. I never said the reason they ARE designers, but the reason they are BETTER at it.

Social norms also have derivations. They come from somewhere. The underlying explanation of why girls like barbies and guys like army men is very very fascinating.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 16:59:38  
Asura.Israfel said:
Amen , 1000 times over. God bless you dude
God Bless you too!
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

just to play devil's advocate here, i agree with you that some people are turned off by radical Christians, but some people also simply find the answers and support Christianity provides isn't fulfilling to them. I fall i the latter category.

That being said, the self driving goal to discover what is the truth for oneself is the most anyone can ask of.

Since we brought Socrates into this, my personal life quote "Ho de anexetastos bios ou biôtos anthrôpôi" - The unexamined life is not worth living, for humans
That's the greatest gift, and the biggest fallacy of free will. We get to experience things that animals and angels can't, but it is also our damnation as we have allowed sin to destroy our relationship with our creator. I'm truly grieved that you feel that what He offers is not fulfilling in your life.
I still feel as though you have come to this conclusion from being raised in church and not hitting your bottom until after already knowing the basic principles of Christianity. With that elementary concept of what it is (I was the same way, questioning my beliefs as I got older and got a taste of the real world. Actually being tempted and attacked by people, demons and Satan) with trying to justify things on a false principle has led you where you are now. But I shant argue with your decision because I'm not you so I don't know what experiences have led you to where you are today. I will say, however, that I have just recently began to walk the walk again, not focusing on the negative in life and trying to seek God as much as possible; as opposed to living however I want then spouting off to people when it came up "why yes I believe in God!". And I truly don't know how anything else could be more satisfying then the peace it offers here today, the purpose it brings me, and the knowledge of where and how I will spend eternity.

Wall-o-text ; )
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:00:02  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Nope still there....

Barbies and Army men have nothing to do with spacial awareness. There have been thousands of studies performed with regards to the sexes. I never said the reason they ARE designers, but the reason they are BETTER at it.

Social norms also have derivations. They come from somewhere. The underlying explanation of why girls like barbies and guys like army men is very very fascinating.
That's my point exactly.
Where are these thousands of studies created?
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 17:02:02  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
{over there} go take a look^
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:03:44  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Nope still there....

That's my point exactly.

Universities, government grant applets, sociological and psychological societies and papers. Several for explicit publication. You won't find them on the NY Times or encyclopedia of your library, but they exist. And they document and theorize a lot about why we behave the way we do.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:05:10  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
{over there} go take a look^
>.>
<.<
{Yes Please}
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:06:31  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Nope still there....

That's my point exactly.

Universities, government grant applets, sociological and psychological societies and papers. Several for explicit publication. You won't find them on the NY Times or encyclopedia of your library, but they exist. And they document and theorize a lot about why we behave the way we do.
My question was a bit more rhetorical.
Many of these studies are made in America and the UK, but again that doesn't really create a definitive cross section of society in my opinion.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 17:08:46  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Many of these studies are made in America and the UK, but again that doesn't really create a definitive cross section of society in my opinion.
Since when does a cross-section ever truly represent the whole?

EDIT: We have truly progressed from a question about incest in the Bible, to human studies on physiological behavior of the sexes....

Epic topic is Epic

Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:09:27  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

It doesn't, which was my main point.

Which essentially makes statements such as X sex being better at doing something than Y sex a bit less solid of a concept.
 Ifrit.Daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 17:11:45  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Which is why every time I hear of a new "study" I take it with a grain of salt. More often than not it explains the "study" originator's opinion. Funny how the evidence always backs up the person conducting it...
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:13:47  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Which is why every time I hear of a new "study" I take it with a grain of salt. More often than not it explains the "study" originator's opinion. Funny how the evidence always backs up the person conducting it...
It's really hard to orchestrate something like that without a certain amount of bias.
How many ethnicities will be tested, how many people will be tested all that.
Studies can be taken as a loose guideline that can be easily manipulated.

Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:15:13  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Does it matter if people in the Ukraine differ from those in America, if i will only ever interact with those in the US and the only studies i read refer to those? I do accept the fact that I am posting on an international forum, and i will have to be aware of my postulates.

Also, you are assuming just because a study is perform by an American, it only targets Americans, that's a bad assumption to make.

However, you will find that, socially and behaviorally, not much differs across cultures. The underlying bases of behavior resonates across boundaries. The phrase "boys will be boys" applies here. That's probably the most interesting thing studies have shown. All girls like pink, everywhere. Fact. All males are better at hunting and physical sports. Fact. All females care for their young better than males. Fact. True there are outliers, as with any statistic, however these "stereotypes" or "generalizations" exist for a reason, because they are (for the most part) correct.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 17:19:20  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

Does it matter if people in the Ukraine differ from those in America, if i will only ever interact with those in the US and the only studies i read refer to those? I do accept the fact that I am posting on an international forum, and i will have to be aware of my postulates.

Also, you are assume just because a study is perform by an American, it only targets Americans, that's a bad assumption to make.

However, you will find that, socially and behaviorally, not much differs across cultures. The underlying bases of behavior resonates across boundaries. The phrase "boys will be boys" applies here. That's probably the most interesting thing studies have shown. All girls like pink, everywhere. Fact. All males are better at hunting and physical sports. Fact. All females care for their young better than males. Fact. True there are outliers, as with any statistic, however these "stereotypes" or "generalizations" exist for a reason, because they are (for the most part) correct.

I'd say it matters when you make a blanketed statement that women are more spatially aware/socially aware.
If you had added the words "from my experience" or "I believe that X tends to do something more that Y", it'd be fine lol.

I really don't know the guidelines of whatever studies we are referring to, so I can't elaborate on the ethnicities, I can say that I doubt you are going to get the same general consensus in Zimbabwe as you would in Singapore.

I am quite interested in these studies though.
Any specific one that you'd recommend?
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 17:19:54  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

It's really hard to orchestrate something like that without a certain amount of bias.
How many ethnicities will be tested, how many people will be tested all that.
Studies can be taken as a loose guideline that can be easily manipulated.

That's why studies are under alot of scrutiny until they can be vetted by the community at large. Not every new idea or study is just accepted at face value.