Question About Christianity?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Question about christianity?
Question about christianity?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-21 16:16:20  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I have no opinion on the matter one way or the other, but I do find it interesting that so many video game players are athiests.
Think how many video game players are also stoners.

I dont care if they are stoners, i just think its interesting that most video game players are male XD
 Leviathan.Yokhai
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:16:24  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
I have no opinion on the matter one way or the other, but I do find it interesting that so many video game players are athiests.
Think how many video game players are also stoners. This sect of hobbies just houses quite a few people who find self satisfaction to be the greatest part of their existence, that explains the high percentage of atheists.

To OP, from someone who has read the Bible numerous times, and is a believer: Lots of people have hit on the fact that there is much debate on how the children of Adam and Eve as well as the children of Noah's immediate family were able to conceive children. The Bible does not specifically say one way or the other whether additional people were created to be brides of the sons of these people, or whether other groups already existed, or neither and it was 'kept in the family'.
You also have to remember authors of the entirety of the Bible were from an age in time that was very Patriarchal. If a woman did not have a VERY significant role in the story being told, they were usually left out and only the males were spoken of. Also, statements to people were often written in a male tone, and the female tone was implied. (Ex. For 'he shall' was also to be read 'she shall' if you were female)
I believe that where the wives of Cain and the other sons of Adam (which it does state in the Bible that Adam had more sons later on) that you are speaking of came from was not important enough to be known. God wanted the facts that we need in order to get the message of each of His teachings, not so much information that it retracted from what we are to learn by reading.

This...male chauvinistic pigs....half joking.

That's how my old pastor would handle things. She was funny...
By Flionheart 2010-09-21 16:18:35  
There's a lot of botched freudian psychology going on itt.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-21 16:18:40  
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I asked my dads minister last time they tried to convert me(long story), but anyways who did Cain have kids with? From how I understand the bible god made Adam and eve and they had 2 sons 1 killed the other(Cain I am pretty sure). So who did Cain have children with? If incest is a sin he couldn't of done it with his mother? So who?
when this baby hits 88mph i will find out
ok drake man im back..this is what i found
[+]
 Asura.Poupee
サーバ: Asura
user: Lian
By Asura.Poupee 2010-09-21 16:18:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

I dont care if they are stoners, i just think its interesting that most video game players are male XD
tbh I find more clean people then stoners while playing video games. and It is really funny how there are way more guys playing video games. I dont understand why girls cant act like boys sometimes
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:20:44  
Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn said:
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:

That's because most of the video games are created towards males, as they exude social, societal, and behavioral content that is biologically entrenched to be pro-male.

At the inception of video games, pac man, mario. It was evenly split. My mother pwns some tetris hard. But as video games began to pick up. They were created by the pioneers of the software industry, which was dominated by mostly young, intelligent males who were (then) social outcasts. So they developed games that appealed to them, and viola, male dominated industry.

There is much more than can be said here, but it would probably derail the thread.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:21:06  
Flionheart said:
There's a lot of botched freudian psychology going on itt.

Where?
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:22:06  
Girls socialize easier, so there's no need for video games. A guy's way of socializing is bringing all his bros over to do exactly what they all would've done by themselves - watch TV and play video games. (circle-jerking is a big no-no, so fappin' don't count)
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:22:29  
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:
I asked my dads minister last time they tried to convert me(long story), but anyways who did Cain have kids with? From how I understand the bible god made Adam and eve and they had 2 sons 1 killed the other(Cain I am pretty sure). So who did Cain have children with? If incest is a sin he couldn't of done it with his mother? So who?

Slightly correct. prevailing theory of the evolution of man is both we and chimpanzee's came from a singular decedent. IE, they didnt have chimps back then either.
 Bismarck.Xdudemanx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: xdudemanx
By Bismarck.Xdudemanx 2010-09-21 16:23:34  
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:23:59  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Girls socialize easier, so there's no need for video games. A guy's way of socializing is bringing all his bros over to do exactly what they all would've done by themselves - watch TV and play video games. (circle-jerking is a big no-no, so fappin' don't count)

The second part of your expliantion is true, however the first, based on modern sociology and psychology, is incorrect. Males actually form bonds much much faster and tighter than females.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:24:51  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Bismarck.Xdudemanx said:
Bismarck.Drakelth said:

Slightly correct. prevailing theory of the evolution of man is both we and chimpanzee's came from a singular decedent. IE, they didnt have chimps back then either.
naaaaaaaah chimps are an evolutionary wonder, they've existed FOREVER.

Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

The second part of your expliantion is true, however the first, based on modern sociology and psychology, is incorrect. Males actually form bonds much much faster and tighter than females.

How do you gauge this tightness?
I don't really think it's something you can legitimately measure due to varying cultures.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:25:10  
I was always taught that females open up easier, so they socialize better.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:25:17  
FOR

EV

EEERRR....
 Asura.Alymorel
サーバ: Asura
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-09-21 16:25:35  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
And according to the bible, most Christians are going to hell.
Incoming WALL O' TEXT! ('tis a funny story)

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington mid-term chemistry exam. The answer by one student to the bonus question was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.
This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct... leaving only Heaven and thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting, "Oh my God."

THIS STUDENT RECEIVED THE ONLY "A"
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:26:22  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

You might open up easier, and females are more emotional social, these however aren't as stable as males "common traits" form of bonding.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-21 16:26:53  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

The following is supposedly an actual question given on a University of Washington mid-term chemistry exam. The answer by one student to the bonus question was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well.

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving.
As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different Religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it? If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take into account the fact that I slept with her last night, then number 2 must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct... leaving only Heaven and thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting, "Oh my God."

I've seen that before, but it never gets old. Truly awesome.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:26:54  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

Haven't seen this copypasta in ages.
Still great though.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:27:16  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:
Incoming WALL O' TEXT!

Very very old chain email/forum post/bash.org post. It's validity cannot be spoken too, it is however, quite funny.
 Ifrit.Daemun
サーバ: Ifrit
user: daemun
By Ifrit.Daemun 2010-09-21 16:27:45  
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

It's hard to get the true message of the Bible due to two things:
1. It was written in a time where the language was different (no not Greek vs. English). I mean they way vernacular was used was different than today so sometimes the entire meaning can be lost without keeping in mind the lifestyle and language of the people of that era. The male only references is one example of this.

2.Many details that would answer our questions today are left out. People, time-lines, places, quotes, etc are all missing from parts of the text. I believe that both the time it took passing down the message until it was actually written caused part of this, as well as the fact that once again I really don't think we were meant to get the whole picture. If God laid everything out nice and neat, do you really think we would all agree and grasp it then? Certainly not, as mere humans we are capable of understanding more than animals, but still at no where near the level of God. People saw the miracles that happened back in those days, some even saw the living, breathing Son of Man and still questioned it. People today see miracles (not parting a sea, or turning sticks to snakes: but everyday miracles like cancer disappearing or getting a check in the mail randomly to make rent) and still question it.

The only way we are going to know for certain is at the time our body here expires. Then we will know for sure what's on the other side. I believe that God and an eternity is on the other side, and even in spending that eternity with Him, I still won't know the answer to every question I have, because I am incapable of grasping it.

My .02
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 16:28:27  
Girls like those block games. Like tetris or that one where you shoot the different color blocks at each other to make them disappear.
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:29:11  
Ifrit.Daemun said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

It's hard to get the true message of the Bible due to two things:
1. It was written in a time where the language was different (no not Greek vs. English). I mean they way vernacular was used was different than today so sometimes the entire meaning can be lost without keeping in mind the lifestyle and language of the people of that era. The male only references is one example of this.

2.Many details that would answer our questions today are left out. People, time-lines, places, quotes, etc are all missing from parts of the text. I believe that both the time it took passing down the message until it was actually written caused part of this, as well as the fact that once again I really don't think we were meant to get the whole picture. If God laid everything out nice and neat, do you really think we would all agree and grasp it then? Certainly not, as mere humans we are capable of understanding more than animals, but still at no where near the level of God. People saw the miracles that happened back in those days, some even saw the living, breathing Son of Man and still questioned it. People today see miracles (not parting a sea, or turning sticks to snakes: but everyday miracles like cancer disappearing or getting a check in the mail randomly to make rent) and still question it.

The only way we are going to know for certain is at the time our body here expires. Then we will know for sure what's on the other side. I believe that God and an eternity is on the other side, and even in spending that eternity with Him, I still won't know the answer to every question I have, because I am incapable of grasping it.

My .02

I love Christians like you. Thank you sir. i wish i could upvote you more than once.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:29:43  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:
Girls like those block games. Like tetris or that one where you shoot the different color blocks at each other to make them disappear.
I like tetris and many other block games, I must be a girl.

By Flionheart 2010-09-21 16:30:31  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Ramuh.Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-21 16:30:32  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

Ones that don't require much thought? Mad sexist!
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-21 16:31:40  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

I dunno, end-game tetris needs some mad hand-eye coordination.
My favorite one is called Lumines.
I played it whenever I talked to my ex on the phone and I got reaaally good at playing it while on the phone at one point. So good that I broke the billion cap.
it was Lumines 2 on PSP.
never again will I let chicks keep me on the phone for over 10 minutes, can't stand being on the phone longer than that really -_-
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-21 16:31:41  
Asura.Alymorel said:
Leviathan.Yokhai said:

The student should have failed. People can belong to more than one religion. The premise of their argument then falls.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-21 16:31:45  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

It's weird, my old roommate told me that I was a girl for liking RPGs. She was all into shoot-em-up games. :|
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2010-09-21 16:31:46  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I was always taught that females open up easier, so they socialize

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I was always taught that females open up easier,

Ramuh.Haseyo said:
females open up easier

i bet they do ^^
 Leviathan.Yokhai
By Leviathan.Yokhai 2010-09-21 16:32:15  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
Caitsith.Mahayaya said:

DUDE TETRIS IS A ***

I can program a computer to play chess, predict the weather and collect all 151 pokemans...but creating an algorithm to play tetris is *** complex...like you have no idea.