フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Lack of responsibility
Lack of responsibility
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-14 11:27:04  
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/13/AR2010091306282.html?sid=ST2010091306394

Tl;DR: This woman plead guilty to charges against her where
she paid a man to kill her husband, stepson, and let one of the murders have sex with her 16 year old daughter. She is to be executed on the 23rd, the first woman to be executed in VA in 100 years.

She is now begging for her life saying she acted out of character and that she thought she was innocent since it wasn't her pulling the trigger.

Can anyone take this person seriously? It says she's border line mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE but even my mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE cousin knows right from wrong. It's really annoying to see horrible people like this try to justify their actions instead of taking responsibility for what they've done.

Before any of you decide to use Mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE as a defense know that being mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE does not exclude you from Mens Rea. She KNEW exactly what was happening, and she knew it was wrong.

Thoughts?
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:29:17  
She was completely in the wrong and she knew what she was doing. You can't just suddenly say "Sorry lol was acting out of character" it doesn't work like that.

Shame she's getting executed though, I'm against the death penalty myself. That's a discussion for a different thread though.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:30:48  
Life sentences are way more harsh than death sentences.
You have to suffer in a box for the rest of your life or be put out of your misery, I'd say misery is more punishing than putting someone out of their misery.
I think she should have been put in for life over death since she didn't directly take the life of another person, but instead endorsed someone else doing it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:31:34  
What happened to the dude? And did the daughter want it?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:32:36  
wtf
kill that ***
***'d out her daughter

seriously, what the *** are in the head of parents that ***/sell out their kids!?
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:33:20  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
You have to suffer in a box for the rest of your life or be put out of your misery, I'd say misery is more punishing than putting someone out of their misery.
I think she should have been put in for life over death since she didn't directly take the life of another person, but instead endorsed someone else doing it.
execution is for those that really have no place on this world, and are better off dead.

truly its more painful to live in a box but... yeah.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:34:42  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
execution is for those that really have no place on this world, and are better off dead.

I just can't validate killing her as a just judgment.
Punishment must fit crime :/
If it wasn't that way I'd say we should be putting serial rapists to death before her lol.
But since that's not how it is.
Punishment must fit the crime.
I do think the idea of removing fingers for stealing is appropriate though lol.
[+]

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:36:23  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:

I just can't validate killing her as a just judgment.
Punishment must fit crime :/

well theres only so much justice can do to people as a punishment with out pushing the limits.

I'm pretty sure I'd send all rapists to get raped on the *** real good but... then again, like I said, theres so much justice can do, trying to keep it a little civilized.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:37:10  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Darki said:
wtf
kill that ***
***'d out her daughter

seriously, what the *** are in the head of parents that ***/sell out their kids!?

Never watch all the parents who try to make their kids famous?
/sigh
this is why this world is so *** up
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 11:37:46  
I think death sentences are more expensive to the tax payers, due to all the appeals and court fees. I could be wrong though. I really hate when they give people like a 150 year sentence then reduce it due to good behavior. :\

She says she's scared to die, how does she think her family felt?
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2010-09-14 11:38:03  
Quote:
"It hurts to know what I've done," she said. "If I was thinking at all about the situation and who I was hurting, it would never have happened."

Really means:
Quote:
"It hurts to know what I've done," she said. "If I was thinking at all about this consequence actually happening, it would never have happened."
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:38:45  
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:39:10  
death sentences are probably cheaper than keeping someone in jail lol
you know how much they spend?
food and other needs, plus activityes plus cell/bed whatever.

^ that though depends on how long the prisoner stays. and lol with what she did i doubt she'd get out if she wasn't sentenced to death.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:42:19  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Punishment is fitting the crime. She killed her family therefore she should be killed.
She didn't kill her family though :/
Phoenix.Darki said:
death sentences are probably cheaper than keeping someone in jail lol
you know how much they spend?
food and other needs, plus activityes plus cell/bed whatever.

^ that though depends on how long the prisoner stays. and lol with what she did i doubt she'd get out if she wasn't sentenced to death.
US prison system is *** up anyway.
There is big business in providing the materials for a prison to function, it's a whole separate industry.
Just like how the school system operates to an extent.
[+]
By Flionheart 2010-09-14 11:43:35  
Is this thread moving into a death penalty discussion? I don't particularly want to take it miles off topic otherwise...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:43:48  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
And Hilter didn't kill anyone
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:44:02  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:

she sent them to be killed, so she is sent to be killed as well =p

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:45:31  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
And Hitler didn't get put to the death sentence.
Flionheart said:
Is this thread moving into a death penalty discussion? I don't particularly want to take it miles off topic otherwise...
This lady is getting put to death, how that is it not related to the death penalty?
 Phoenix.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-09-14 11:45:45  
Caitsith.Zefiris said:
I think death sentences are more expensive to the tax payers, due to all the appeals and court fees. I could be wrong though. I really hate when they give people like a 150 year sentence then reduce it due to good behavior. :\ She says she's scared to die, how does she think her family felt?

This is an accurate statistic. However, I think if you don't use execution as punishment you have a harder time justifying it later on when you do.

Cruel and Unusual punishment was ruled in 19th century supreme court cases. They said that a punish could be cruel, or it could be unusual, just not both. They stressed the important of the "And" in the wording of the 8th amendment. So in some ways you could argue that since VA doesn't excute women often that this is both Cruel AND unusual.

Personally I'd rather see her dead.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-14 11:45:48  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
What happened to the dude? And did the daughter want it?
I read the entire story.

The true mastermind of the scheme killed himself in prison in 2006.

The girl, I believe, still lives. Haven't seen/read about her dead. I think the girl hates her mom cuz of the crap she pulled.

My opinion:
Death sentence - LOL Life in prison is much more torturous than Death, which is why you rarely see it.

This mother deserves more than death. She deserves to be brutally tortured, and her death shouldn't be lolinstant it should be long and painful (which is banned in USA =( )

IQ doesn't show ***tbh. Mentally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE or not, she's old enough to know right from wrong, as do other people. Especially since she's so religious.

She killed for greed and for lust (lol deadly sins), the God they believe in won't fall for her "lolsorry" crap. She KNEW it was wrong (she even stated it in the interview) yet she still did it.

BURN THE ***!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:45:53  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Personally I disagreed with the Nazi's being killed after Nuremberg. You can imagine how I feel about this.
That's a bit different. Alot of that was soldiers obeying orders... yeah it's orders they should've normally said no to but then again saying no would've put them and their families in the same position.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-09-14 11:45:58  
Ok, a very basic example, so we get this clear about how she did kill her family.

If you have a cousin and you both look at a cockroach, you tell your cousin, kill it!
and he kills it.
You were part of the cockroachs death, I mean, that roach could still be walken and shittin all over the place if it wasn't because you did something so it was killed.

I mean, you can have that on your conscience huh!?
can ya?!??!

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 11:47:09  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
And Hitler didn't get put to the death sentence.
Sure he was. Just alot less people were involved then normal
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-09-14 11:47:34  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Ok, a very basic example, so we get this clear about how she did kill her family.

If you have a cousin and you both look at a cockroach, you tell your cousin, kill it!
and he kills it.
You were part of the cockroachs death, I mean, that roach could still be walken and shittin all over the place if it wasn't because you did something so it was killed.

I mean, you can have that on your conscience huh!?
can ya?!??!
Accessory before the fact.
It's really basic IMO, anyone who knows *** about how US law works would tell you the same thing.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-14 11:47:52  

Just some quick googling and things I've heard in the past about capital punishment. I'm interested to hear from someone know is knowledgeable about the subject, I know google and wiki don't necessarily give you the whole story. ;)

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 ... 11 12 13