New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Reirii will steal your NM
Reirii will steal your NM
サーバ: Remora
Game: FFXI
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-18 19:08:37  
Very helpful!!

I feel like I've experienced the slight lag difference between the menus vs. macro. It's neat for that to be confirmed.

Thanks for the explanation of your technique, Hitetsu. I'll try that out with Chi Blast! And I guess THF/RNG wouldn't be helpful for something like CCC where there is only one placeholder.. and you take a good amount of damage from him. But, the Nadrs is such a lousy drop rate. TH2 please!
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-18 22:06:55
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I guess when it comes to NMs it's broken down into 3 equally important phases: Claiming, Killing, and Getting the drop... Unfortunately you'll find later on all three become more and more difficult.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-18 22:09:41

Yeah, claiming is just half the battle.
Especially with NMs that rage after 20~30min.
All that for that lovely sword that has a ~5% drop rate!

Ahhh...why do I even play this game again...
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-18 22:13:02

Haseyo said:

Because it's cheaper than a movie or getting a shrink? >.>
 Kujata.Malicfayt
サーバ: Kujata
user: Malicfayt
By Kujata.Malicfayt 2009-01-18 23:14:19  
Artemicion said:
Haseyo said:

Because it's cheaper than a movie or getting a shrink? >.>

This is true!
 Remora.Krimsonrose
By Remora.Krimsonrose 2009-01-19 10:41:50  
Not trying to take this discussion back to the beginning but this response is for Korpg, everyone else please skip over this.

It's laughable that A) You would feel compelled to reply to my post, and B) You would call me the one with blinders on. In fact this argument wasnt that I didnt know this happened, it was that people are being jerks when they do this. Many people fall into this way of dealing with NM but that doesn't make it right, nor will I stoop to this level to get an imaginary item on a video game thats supposed to be fun.

That comment about not wanting an item bad enough is really just your way of validating yourself for treating other players this way. Of course I want the item, but not at the cost of my dignity and self respect. You call it human nature. I call it douche bag nature. Now before we get into a argument over semantics lets discuss who really has the blinders on. Is it me who knows people are *** yet still refuses to partake in that type of conduct, or is it you who arbitrarily chooses what is "human nature" based on whether it adversely affects you or not. I'm gonna go with the latter.

If someone were to follow you as you cashed your check and then robbed you for your money, according to your definition it is perfectly acceptable. It is human nature, after all, to take advantage of someone. Yet somehow I have the feeling that you would be more vocal about the situation and denounce it. You might even wonder why people were so cruel. But since you are the one who specifically gots his lowest delay ranged weapon equipped, or itching finger on your Dia macro, waiting for that poor sap to pop the NM for you, now its "human nature" right? OK gotcha.

Why hate those RMT then? I mean its just "human nature" to want to take advantage of a game to make money off of it. Boy SE has those guys pegged all wrong, go ahead and set em straight Korpg. Oh wait but that affects you so I guess its not "human nature" after all.

Delude yourself if you must, but please know that there are people out there that have enough common sense to know you are doing so.
 Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Scuzzelbutt 2009-01-19 10:48:12  
If the NM is not claimed it is not yours. Don't make a mistake of thinking you own something until you ACTUALLY own it. :)

BTW: I own you
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2009-01-19 10:53:16  
I hate camping NMs, to the point where I don't do it, why waste 1-2 hours with a x% (based on how much competition there is) chance of claiming the mob on pop and a futher 10% chance or less of the drop...

I'll never have those cool items but idc, i'll get to 75 then grab Endgame stuff or do BCNMs and save myself the pain of hours lost going 0/30 on sumthing lol

That's just me though, respect to guys who do go through the pain and get the item, having other people take claim on a NM just seems to be "the way you do things". Personaly i'd rather not do it and have people hate me...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-19 11:09:10  
Antigone said:
I never really understood why some of you who have played the game for awhile feel the need to talk down to someone who is having a problem understanding how the game and players within works. In my earlier post I explained how I hunt NMs and how the FFXI community also normaly will be cutthroat in trying to grab the NM, but I did this in the context of teaching and explaining that its just that way and that Dis will have to adapt to this strategy to get any NM he/she is hunting. That being said, why do you feel the need to talk down to Dis for not being at first able to except the fact that ppl are expected to be jerks while hunting NMs when it's obvious that they are new to this aspect of the game. Its ppl like a couple you that make it hard for us to keep new players in this game that we all love. P.S. And Haseyo, just so you know you are not really a pro, looks like you have been playing for a year-ish so try to be nice instead of negative cause I'm sure many great ppl helped you get that one and only lvl75 you have and did it without calling you a noob when you failed every now and then.

This should just be relative info. No one should be "talked down" to at all, even if its sarcasm. Nobody can tell facial expressions by the way a person type on a keyboard.. and even if someone can, well.. You must have superpowers!

Some of these threads should actually be used as " trainers" or
"Helpers" that way when people log into the forums to read these threads, people are actually coming here to get info on...

So in saying this.. I hope you did get the info you were looking for, and it will take time till you know the times of when mobs will spawn and you can get an idea what T.O.D means!

GL and Happy Hunting! ( for the OP of this thread..^^^ I support this Quote BTW.. I feel the same way.. No need to talk down ppl!)
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-19 12:29:28  
o..k...
#1.. You were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE for trying to boost up to Chi Blast for an extra few damage.

#2.. Yeah, they were a jerk when they came up and snagged it as you boosted, ESPECIALLY for a mob like CCC. I camped that thing a ton as mnk w/o thf sub... Took me an entire day b/c I had a bad drop rate. >.<

#3.. Korpg and co. stfu. Seriously... We don't need you coming into a thread saying "Get used to it. Humans are evil." Some of us, whether naive or not, still believe in an overall good in people whether it's unfounded or not.

Oh, and btw Krimsonrose, I agree with you wholeheartedly but... People like Korpg will never believe in the good of humanity.

Hmmm... I think that was all...
 Fairy.Lethewaters
By Fairy.Lethewaters 2009-01-19 12:38:56  
In the case of CCC, there is the one carb in that area so it makes it difficult. I will have to agree that yes it sucks that he did it but there are quite a few people that will do it. Look at LL, Valk. Emp. and Argus.

If its a lottery spawn and ppl are sitting around, I stop killing. Unless they are gonna work on the spawn, they are not getting any freebies.

Try again but in the end, if its something that you are camping and not in red health. engage and buff during the fight.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-19 13:27:44  
Tbest said:
I camped that thing a ton as mnk w/o thf sub... Took me an entire day b/c I had a bad drop rate.
Did you get the Nadrs to drop in that one day of camping? I'm 0/4 so far as MNK/THF.

Also, I needed the chi blast for some extra damage. Without, I will barely lose the fight since I didn't have any HP regen drinks and Chakra is only ~70HP. I've subsequently started using pear au laits though so I don't have to worry as much or even use the chi blast except for claiming.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-19 15:34:54  
Disintegration, for survivability reasons you could always sub /DNC when you hunt NMs, provided you've unlocked it and have it levelled. I realize TH is nice but at 50 MNK/DNC you'd have Drain Samba, Quickstep to lower mobs evasion, Curing Waltz (which heals for about ~80 hp, only costs 20 TP, and has a recast of only 6 seconds) Animated Flourish for Voke, and Spectral Jig for a free sneak and invis (costs 0 tp). Only downside is you wouldn't wanna WS as much because without TP, you're broken...but as MNK I don't think you'd have a problem getting Tp lol.

Just an idea anyways.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-19 15:41:43  
hey Dis..

IF its a Health issue, that your worried about staying alive.. take a break from Geting CCC to pop, go level a bit more.. then try again and come back...

IF you were on caitsith, I'd ask you to just come out with my 73 Thf and I'd help you camp it.

I even need it too, the company would be great to have and we could have chatted about tatics and spawnings of other nm's...

Def.. would have been a great icebreaker of a Online F list friendship. I could have gotten you into a good End game too.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-19 15:45:27  
Yes, MNK/DNC is what I use for my main. I love it. I would prefer going as that, obviously, because staying alive is groovy. But, in this case, I want the extra help that TH1 offers me when trying to get the Nadrs to drop, especially since I know now that with the help of an hp regen drink, I can beat him easily!
 Caitsith.Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-19 15:51:15  
I sent you a PM dis.. <please check it> <thank you>
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-19 15:52:47  
Neonracer said:
IF its a Health issue, that your worried about staying alive.. take a break from Geting CCC to pop, go level a bit more.. then try again and come back...
Honestly, I've been sitting idle at MNK 50 for a while now trying to find someone to help me past LB1. I've only partied a couple times in my trip here, so don't know many people on my server. So, I've been levelling up /WAR and /THF to prepare to party more, especially to get past the limit breaks. If it weren't for that cap, I'd definitely go level a bit more before doing this!

And thanks for your kind words. :)
 Fairy.Tbest
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-19 16:23:08  
*Shrugs.* I was in the 40's when I camped CCC with my Monk and I never had a death problem. It took me 8 kills to get my Nadrs w/o TH. Like I said, an entire day. @.@
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-19 16:32:45  
Tbest said:
*Shrugs.* I was in the 40's when I camped CCC with my Monk and I never had a death problem. It took me 8 kills to get my Nadrs w/o TH. Like I said, an entire day. @.@
What was your subjob if it wasn't THF? I am certainly sacrificing more hit power/defense (/war) and healing (/dnc) by going /THF. Both of /those are going to help you avoid a death problem, yeah?
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-19 16:38:05  
Krimsonrose said:
Not trying to take this discussion back to the beginning but this response is for Korpg, everyone else please skip over this.

It's laughable that A) You would feel compelled to reply to my post, and B) You would call me the one with blinders on. In fact this argument wasnt that I didnt know this happened, it was that people are being jerks when they do this. Many people fall into this way of dealing with NM but that doesn't make it right, nor will I stoop to this level to get an imaginary item on a video game thats supposed to be fun.

That comment about not wanting an item bad enough is really just your way of validating yourself for treating other players this way. Of course I want the item, but not at the cost of my dignity and self respect. You call it human nature. I call it douche bag nature. Now before we get into a argument over semantics lets discuss who really has the blinders on. Is it me who knows people are *** yet still refuses to partake in that type of conduct, or is it you who arbitrarily chooses what is "human nature" based on whether it adversely affects you or not. I'm gonna go with the latter.

If someone were to follow you as you cashed your check and then robbed you for your money, according to your definition it is perfectly acceptable. It is human nature, after all, to take advantage of someone. Yet somehow I have the feeling that you would be more vocal about the situation and denounce it. You might even wonder why people were so cruel. But since you are the one who specifically gots his lowest delay ranged weapon equipped, or itching finger on your Dia macro, waiting for that poor sap to pop the NM for you, now its "human nature" right? OK gotcha.

Why hate those RMT then? I mean its just "human nature" to want to take advantage of a game to make money off of it. Boy SE has those guys pegged all wrong, go ahead and set em straight Korpg. Oh wait but that affects you so I guess its not "human nature" after all.

Delude yourself if you must, but please know that there are people out there that have enough common sense to know you are doing so.

I say blinders because you are blind to the fact that people are considerate towards each other. While I will admit that there are a select few who are considerate, they are vastly outnumbered by the majority of people out there who have done/will do what everyone else does. Since you did not get that from the above post, then I consider this explanation necessary.

You also assumed that I have either A) Never camped any NMs before or B) if I did camp NMs, never had somebody come claim the NM I was camping while I was killing PHs. I can assure you this though, I have camped 2 NMs that I considered worthwhile for myself (Leaping Lizzy and Valkrum Emporer) and while it took me a while to get both drops, I did get both drops.

Leaping Lizzy was the worst of it all, since I had other people camping with me at all times. There were some times that I got claim, there were others that I didn't. Most of the time though, there was always somebody who would stand by with anon on, and did absolutly nothing, except when the NM actually pop'd. When the NM pop'd, they would make a bee-line straight to that, and try to claim it before anyone else.

Did I cry or complain when they claimed it? No. Did I stop camping that NM because that one person was there? No. Was that person considerate enough to let those who actually did the work claim the NM? No. So according to your definition, that person is a scum-bag. I call him human, because that is what he (along with you and everyone else in this world) was taught to do.

You also stated that I have no moral compass (see bold text). I would feel "disheartened" that if the above situation has happened to me, but I would also understand why it happened. I would also prevent it from happening again (you can be aware of your surroundings). I would also take mesures to correct that behavior (call the police) so society will start excepting new ideas for human nature. As much as I would hope, I would not see society's change in my lifetime, but if my next 5 generations would not have to cope with what I have to, then that is reward enough for me.

Tbest said:
Oh, and btw Krimsonrose, I agree with you wholeheartedly but... People like Korpg will never believe in the good of humanity.

I believe in the small % in the good of humanity, but yes, humans are evil. Sooner you realize it, sooner you can help change it. If you think I'm full of tripe, then look around you, really look around, and ask yourself this "Is it ok for people to do the kind of stuff and get away with it? Is genocide really ok? (look into the Middle East to find today's genocide)"

Final note: Sorry about derailing the thread.
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-01-19 16:45:31  
Aledacia said:
And HNM's should be popped via items!!!

I totally agree with this statement... there's nothing I hate more than spending three hours in the Dominion only so I can watch KB spawn purple to some botters.

At least SE gives me the satisfaction of banning thier Defending Rings every time the special task force cleans house lol. (definite inside joke for anyone around the Diabolos HNM scene over the past few months)

But yeah, I think they should make HNM triggers drop out of ENMs like they do with the Cloud Evoker for Ouryu. That would solve 100% of all HNM claiming issues, and give every linkshell a fair chance at the HNM fights and rewards.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-19 16:49:32

Sovereign said:

I totally agree with this statement... there's nothing I hate more than spending three hours in the Dominion only so I can watch KB spawn purple to some botters.

At least SE gives me the satisfaction of banning thier Defending Rings every time the special task force cleans house lol. (definite inside joke for anyone around the Diabolos HNM scene over the past few months)

But yeah, I think they should make HNM triggers drop out of ENMs like they do with the Cloud Evoker for Ouryu. That would solve 100% of all HNM claiming issues, and give every linkshell a fair chance at the HNM fights and rewards.

Amen to this! If I had it my way i'd have NMs either spawn immediately to your claim after killing a random or correct placeholder after a certain amount of time or kills and or have placeholders drop a rare (low to moderate drop rate) item in which you can trade to a designated ??? to pop to your claim.

But then again that might just take out the fun some find in actually competing for these.
 Ramuh.Bekisa
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-01-19 18:28:22  
you didn't have it claimed -- your fault -- sucks but it happens -- end of story.

and stuff does not pop purple, whether or not they botted, it does not pop purple. That would be you, the server, or both lagging. It's been about 2 years since I saw any HNM claimed the second it pops since the patch was put in place where you cannot claim something within a random window after it pops. Any time there is 100+ people standing around a small area, most the time you will not see the mob pop.

Simple solution: Blame SE for not giving mobs priority with rendering in game over player models.
 Remora.Devek
user: devek
By Remora.Devek 2009-01-20 02:34:21  
For the record, you can't have something stolen from you that was not yours to begin with.

If he teamed up with you, left the party with the claim, and finished it, you could say the mob was stolen.

There are a lot of limited resources in the game and if you can't compete for them you should not even try. You're not entitled to anything.
 Remora.Krimsonrose
By Remora.Krimsonrose 2009-01-20 11:39:01  
Is it just that you are not reading my posts correctly Korpg, or are you just plain ignorant. I never said that I believed that people were considerate to one another. In fact I used two well thought out posts to explain to you that I knew that people are bad but that does not mean that you have to do as they do.

Never at any time in your posts do you put together a coherent statement supporting your claim that I have "blinders" on. I made a clear statement as to why you were actually the one who was blinding himself to other ways of doing things and just used this vague statement about human nature as an excuse. Since this was obviously too hard for you to refute, you continued in your next post acting like I never said that, hoping that people wouldnt notice. Maybe in your world Korpg things are a certain way just because you say they are, but in the real world people use evidence to back their claims.

Your reason (your excuse) for treating other players this way is inherently flawed because its initial premise is false. You state that either you play the game this way or you wont get good items. This is false because there are alternatives to your style of play. You can come and camp the NM when no one else is there (and you know there are times when the NM is not being camped because the population of FFXI has dropped significantly in the past few years.), you can join someone who is already killing PH's so you both have a fair shot at it without one person being able to get the jump on the other, or you can just wait until endgame and join a good linkshell that helps people in getting good gear by killing Gods, doing dynamis and so forth. Most of the items that you can get from soloable NMs become obsolete anyway.

So after proving that there are alternatives to claiming NMs this way the only conclusion left is that you do it just because you want to, and not because its human nature forcing you to. Your life is not a Shakespearean tragedy Korpg, and you are not a tragic hero forced to bring misery on others because fate has deemed it so. Could it be that this "human nature" argument was just a cop out to deny accountability? Im gonna go with yes.

The fact that you cant come up with even an elementary school student's counter to my argument boggles the mind and that you would completely skip over it and pretend like it was never said is pathetically sad. This being said, I tire of dealing with imbeciles who have diminutive intellectual power. No matter how good your argument is some people will just say they are right until finally they are the only one left talking. This way they can pretend to themselves and their friends like they somehow won the argument. My advice to you Korpg is the next time you have internal struggles and get upset because someone's post (that wasnt even addressed to you) made you feel bad,you should find out why it upsets you and not post a fallacy riddled defense because you dont want to be held accountable. It will save you from a lot of humiliation.
 Asura.Jamofu
サーバ: Asura
user:
By Asura.Jamofu 2009-01-20 11:47:54

Disintegration said:
I hate being this guy complaining publically about being done wrong by someone in-game, but I was trying to camp CCC today and got it stolen from me. I put in all the work of killing the placeholder routinely and then once he popped, I was finishing my boost for chi blast when REIRII came out of nowhere and stole him from me. I was standing right in front of him. There was no mistaking it that it was mine. But, he came up and claimed him just before I could... and for the whole fight, I stared at him. I got in between CCC and him and spammed my stare. It's probably not worth telling a GM about this. It's my fault for trying to buff up with the chi blast. Should have just grabbed him. But, jesus christ, have some manners. It's not like I was camping it the whole day or anything. I would recommend that you search your area before doing anything important to see if Reirii is in the area. If so, please watch your back.

Seriously now, the claim feature is a part of the game for this very reason, you CANNOT call a GM and you LOSE your right to *** the moment you let it stay yellow, doesn't matter if your camping 5mins or 5hours, a claim means its yours. Ownership, finished, its over, call the game.

Before you post dumb stuff about how your butthurt over something that was your fault, consider game mechanics.

/rantoff
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-20 12:09:57  
This thread is mostly just entertaining at this point. He is a *** for doing it. I am subpar for not being prepared. The game mechanics allow for it to happen, but that doesn't mean it must be condoned in all circumstances.

For busy-camped NM's. Have at it. Kick your peer in their genitalia before you flee. Who cares.

For lesser-camped NM's and if someone is obviously preparing to attack it, talk to the person instead of swooping in. It's called human decency, which is meta-mechanics.

Simple.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-01-20 12:21:34

I had something similar happen to me earlier. I found Fluros or whatever that coeurl NM in temple of uggy is called and when I went to claim it over this JP paladin my controls went on the fritz and instead of locking on I rested in front of a bunch of tonberry. In a futile effort I used hundred fists hoping to kill it before I got massacred by tonberries unfortunately blaster got the best of me and I died with it at 3%. Meanwhile the JP paladin just stood there and watched me die to take it at 3%.

Alas, my mistake, my error, my death, and therefore my loss of claim for him to take full rewards from. At least he gave me a raise, but needless to say I was pretty pissed. Mainly at the fact my controls went haywire somehow ><
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-20 12:25:25  
Disintegration said:
This thread is mostly just entertaining at this point. He is a *** for doing it. I am subpar for not being prepared. The game mechanics allow for it to happen, but that doesn't mean it must be condoned in all circumstances.

For busy-camped NM's. Have at it. Kick your peer in their genitalia before you flee. Who cares.

For lesser-camped NM's and if someone is obviously preparing to attack it, talk to the person instead of swooping in. It's called human decency, which is meta-mechanics.

Simple.

Agreed.
 Fairy.Conchita
user: Conchita
By Fairy.Conchita 2009-01-20 13:31:33  
Unclaimed NMs > fair game. If you wanted to fully boost before chi blast, then claim it with some ranged and then just stand there while boosting, even tho you prob don't need chi blast to win the fight. I don't know, I never camped CCC <.< This seems like the typical Mee Deggi camp tho, who hasn't camped this? On my server whenever I go there, there's always people, so if I want to have a go at it I just have to camp it while there's other people. And you bet your a$$ that I'm trying to get claim on the first pop I see after I get there, may it be 3mins after I arrive or 90mins. I'm not gonna ask for permission to camp with other people when they were there first, they could have arrived 5mins before me. How would I know other than asking? And even then, they could just lie. From the moment I show up and watch for pop I am camping, just like other people. Sucks if they or I lose claim to someone who just showed up, happend to me before also, but I certainly didn't think they were wrong to do so. That's just how the game is.

And for the suggestion of having the NM pop claimed to person who kills PH. What's the point? Fight for PH claim? Then we'll have people whining about /RNG and other jobs having an advantage to find out what is PH and people saying "this and that person stole MY PH".