フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Remora » Reirii will steal your NM
Reirii will steal your NM
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-21 19:10:57  
Krimsonrose said:
Is it just that you are not reading my posts correctly Korpg, or are you just plain ignorant. I never said that I believed that people were considerate to one another. In fact I used two well thought out posts to explain to you that I knew that people are bad but that does not mean that you have to do as they do.

Never at any time in your posts do you put together a coherent statement supporting your claim that I have "blinders" on. I made a clear statement as to why you were actually the one who was blinding himself to other ways of doing things and just used this vague statement about human nature as an excuse. Since this was obviously too hard for you to refute, you continued in your next post acting like I never said that, hoping that people wouldnt notice. Maybe in your world Korpg things are a certain way just because you say they are, but in the real world people use evidence to back their claims.

Your reason (your excuse) for treating other players this way is inherently flawed because its initial premise is false. You state that either you play the game this way or you wont get good items. This is false because there are alternatives to your style of play. You can come and camp the NM when no one else is there (and you know there are times when the NM is not being camped because the population of FFXI has dropped significantly in the past few years.), you can join someone who is already killing PH's so you both have a fair shot at it without one person being able to get the jump on the other, or you can just wait until endgame and join a good linkshell that helps people in getting good gear by killing Gods, doing dynamis and so forth. Most of the items that you can get from soloable NMs become obsolete anyway.

So after proving that there are alternatives to claiming NMs this way the only conclusion left is that you do it just because you want to, and not because its human nature forcing you to. Your life is not a Shakespearean tragedy Korpg, and you are not a tragic hero forced to bring misery on others because fate has deemed it so. Could it be that this "human nature" argument was just a cop out to deny accountability? Im gonna go with yes.

The fact that you cant come up with even an elementary school student's counter to my argument boggles the mind and that you would completely skip over it and pretend like it was never said is pathetically sad. This being said, I tire of dealing with imbeciles who have diminutive intellectual power. No matter how good your argument is some people will just say they are right until finally they are the only one left talking. This way they can pretend to themselves and their friends like they somehow won the argument. My advice to you Korpg is the next time you have internal struggles and get upset because someone's post (that wasnt even addressed to you) made you feel bad,you should find out why it upsets you and not post a fallacy riddled defense because you dont want to be held accountable. It will save you from a lot of humiliation.

1st off, you accuse me of not reading your post correctly, saying that you never said that "I believed that people were considerate to one another." That is true, but you emphasised that you are above normal human behavior and would:

Krimsonrose said:
I never overcamp someone for a NM especially if they were there first. There is no point in acting like a jerk just to get an item that will be there tomorrow. Noone likes to see all of their work go down the drain just because someone decided to wait for the NM to pop, knowing that they have the advantage because the other person is occupied with killing the placeholders.

Proof of this on the first page of this thread. Since you also said I never give proof to my statements, here ya go.

Oh yeah, lets not forget the "blinders" statement I made earlier. Since you were unable to understand that simple statement, I'll try to make it simpler. Blinders are something you put on to keep yourself from seeing (People use these on horses so the horses won't be frightened in situations where the animal's nature takes over due to fright, and will not obey its master). I say you have blinders on because you don't understand simple human nature. Here is some well known proof, since you must not look at the news lately.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/story.aspx?guid=%7B39C77D02%2D0E5B%2D401A%2D9164%2D7589E5577AEA%7D&siteid=rss If you don't know whats happening here, I can explain as a struggle for ownership of land, seeing as both sides claim land is rightfully theirs.

Now, what does that have to do with FFXI? I can also explain that. Since everyone here who plays this game is human (except you, who are above human, as shown above), people have a tendency to want something that is not claimed or is in dispute. My evidence in this claim would have to be years of history in humanity, but since you wish some more evidence, here is one for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Revolution This is one of the many evidence I can present, but as for saving space for my next arguements, I shall only present this one.

You say, as your last sentence in paragraph 3, "Most of the items that you can get from soloable NMs become obsolete anyway" then why, might I ask, would anyone want to fight those said NMs that their gear they get becomes obsolete?

You honestly think that I would just sweep in and steal a NM that is not claimed if I saw somebody boosting or preparing for it? I try not to be an ***, but I wouldn't leave a NM I was hoping to get a drop from just standing there if there are other people around. I'm still human, and I am filled with greed like every other person here (except you, since you are above human, as stated above).

I do not delusion myself into thinking that I am above everyone else, nor do I think that people are in control of their own interstruggles for good and right. I will never say I'm above people, as I have done bad things in my life that I regret, but I will NEVER say that there is a saint among us. Just people in control of theirselves.

Final Note, sorry again for derailing this thread, but it seems to me that only us 2 are arguing, so meh to that.
 Odin.Aramina
サーバ: Odin
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-01-21 19:38:11  
Yeah, it sucks, but if it pops yellow, and you don't get claim, it's not "yours" as much as you may feel like it. Consider it a real life lesson learned through gaming. There will ALWAYS be people who will capitalize on your hard work, leaving you feeling upset while they have the spoils. Even if 99/100 people are not that way, all it takes is one.

Back to the OP, I can't imagine why you'd camp CCC in the first place. Regardless of what Wiki or other places say, the drop rate is AWFUL and it's a piece of gear that you would out-level in a short time. I had a friend go 1/24 on this with TH2 and he nearly went insane from it. It became and obsession for him because "that NM won't hold out on me forever" but seriously, he could have had any job that he'd have used it on to Level 40 by the time he eventually got the thing.

Some NMs are simply not worth the time to camp, maybe only to take a quick poke at popping while you're passing through.
 Ifrit.Haseyo
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Haseyo 2009-01-21 20:13:32
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

That's what is bugging me xD
The sword is only for a few, low levels.
Not to mention, one I have never seen within my many months playing. (I actually /check people often, I'm nosey :s)
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-21 20:44:01  
I'm levelling THF and wanted to try something other than Daggers, so I decided to level Sword and further decided that this is the sword I wanted. I realize I could be doing more productive things, but I think it's interesting. Keeping my interest is what's enjoyable to me and this is doing that.
 Remora.Krimsonrose
By Remora.Krimsonrose 2009-01-24 05:06:20  
Krimsonrose said:
No matter how good your argument is some people will just say they are right until finally they are the only one left talking. This way they can pretend to themselves and their friends like they somehow won the argument.

Thanks for the predictability of ignorance, Korpg. LOL
 Asura.Nightbear
user: Nightbear
By Asura.Nightbear 2009-01-24 05:38:53  
MNK/THF level 50 .. even with maxed Chiblast no way that will make a diference on a kill,orry on that one , not the best way to do it.
Chi blast and provoke are about the same distance,they patched that tho, provoke will have a delay over NMs vs magic (i camped Mystic maker vs 100s of RTMs back in 2006 for about 100+ lost claims capital Q Q's)
Getting outclaimed/claimed over someone else is part of this game, sad but true. There is people who will take advantage of you in the game as they do IRL and wont regret it. I just got riped off for a mistake i made and the guy walked away with it just like that.
IF the concept of camping NMs and getting outclaim bothers you. Quit FFXI is not for you,This game is all about who gets there faster and gets it before the next guy,that applys from the lesser NM's to the big guys. And there those who will camp you and wait to see if you whipe to take a damaged NM ( happens a lot BLMs soloing Ix'nm's )

Best way to claim depending on situation is location,location,location and a low delay dart ^_^

and what the hell is a "CCC"?
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-24 07:40:49  
User submitted image

Cargo Crab Colin (aka CCC)

Drops these

User submitted image

Takes over these:

User submitted image

1 level, and these takes its place:

User submitted image

if you can afford these, then grab it asap:

User submitted image

everyone can get these at level 30, which takes the place of the first set:

User submitted image

So basically, these are only good for 1, maybe 3, not more than 6 levels:

User submitted image

Which drops from this:

User submitted image

And everyone knows:

User submitted image < User submitted image
 Unicorn.Tavlov
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-01-24 10:01:38  
lol Korpg

p.s. that new dragon is leaps better then the old one, kudos ^^
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-01-24 10:33:15  
Nadrs is a good scimitar tho , if you look at it, If your a blu, and you go into a BCNm Under Observations. You take Nadrs along with your lvl 40 scimitar, and yer a hoppin'.

Just my second choice of swords to take with ya, + a little bit of poison vs Hecteye mobs can't hurt at all.

I seen it with a fellow Blu in Ls.. damn it looked pretty Hawt!!!
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-01-24 11:37:37
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Chi Blast is level 41, but I'm going to assume your Monk was level 75. Why would you stand there and try to Boost 12 times for a level 35 monster? No offense, but if you are were just trying to show off and try to 1 shot a level 35 crab, I don't really consider it stealing because someone saw the NM walking around and wanted to smack it.

Furthermore, it's Chi Blast which is like an instant claim. If you had the monster targeted, you should have been able to release Chi Blast before this person showed up and decided they wanted the crab.

Granted, they could have easily invited you after you politely informed them that you'd been camping it for a while and would like to at least have the opportunity to cast lots on it.

I'm not saying they are a saint, but if your level 35 NM pops while you are camping it on your significantly higher job, you don't need to stand there and play around trying to one shot it for a screenshot to post on FFXIAH.com. Or, at least claim it first, with a quick Provoke.

And as other people have similarly said it's not like someone stole your Almighty Apkallu that you have been camping for weeks. Sure, we can empathize with you, but I don't think you should expect people to start shunning this other player because he found himself a Cargo Crab Colin while you were trying to see if you could one-shot him.
サーバ: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-01-24 11:58:03  
Gaea said:
Chi Blast is level 41, but I'm going to assume your Monk was level 75. Why would you stand there and try to Boost 12 times for a level 35 monster? No offense, but if you are were just trying to show off and try to 1 shot a level 35 crab, I don't really consider it stealing because someone saw the NM walking around and wanted to smack it.

Furthermore, it's Chi Blast which is like an instant claim. If you had the monster targeted, you should have been able to release Chi Blast before this person showed up and decided they wanted the crab.

Granted, they could have easily invited you after you politely informed them that you'd been camping it for a while and would like to at least have the opportunity to cast lots on it.

I'm not saying they are a saint, but if your level 35 NM pops while you are camping it on your significantly higher job, you don't need to stand there and play around trying to one shot it for a screenshot to post on FFXIAH.com. Or, at least claim it first, with a quick Provoke.

And as other people have similarly said it's not like someone stole your Almighty Apkallu that you have been camping for weeks. Sure, we can empathize with you, but I don't think you should expect people to start shunning this other player because he found himself a Cargo Crab Colin while you were trying to see if you could one-shot him.

OP is only lvl 50, and has died to this mob before. He's stuck at the G1, etc...go read the thread from the beginning.

Not everyone has a 75, you know. I really wish people would remember that.
By Remora.Disintegration 2009-01-27 10:55:58  
I've been over it for a long time now. But, keep the messages coming, guys. I'd be happy to keep relearning the lesson from someone so smart that they can't read the entire thread. There is great value in your ability to chime in with your $0.02 on a dead thread.
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-01-27 11:20:29  
lol... Don't pay people like that any mind, Disintegration. XD He is after all a lowly 51 Drg with Vegetto as his 'top friend'. We really can't expect too much from someone like him.