Perle Really Better?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Perle really better?
Perle really better?
First Page 2 3 4 5 ... 10 11 12
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-08-04 04:52:24  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
This is really getting ridiculous at this point..

I might not understand fully all the 'mechanics' behind haste/att/acc w/e but I didn't know it was a crime to ask questions about them.

I guess learning is forbidden here. (Not talking about me as there were many helpful reply.)

Sorry for trying to understand my situation.

I think it was stuff like this that started this whole thing:
Ifrit.Jurai said:

I'm losing 4% DA, 2 from strap and 2 from Askar body.

I'm sacing

17STR
14DEX
10VIT
13Attack
5Accuracy
2%Critical hit rate

because:
the str and attack doesn't matter for tping (if double attack is doing more dmg)
dex and acc doesn't matter cause my acc is fine

the double attack I'm losing does more dmg than those stats that i'm 'sacing'.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 04:53:20  
Ifrit.Jurai said:
This is really getting ridiculous at this point..

I might not understand fully all the 'mechanics' behind haste/att/acc w/e but I didn't know it was a crime to ask questions about them.

I guess learning is forbidden here.

Sorry for trying to understand my situation.

QQ. *** are everywhere get over it.

You weren't at fault for Elana though, she posted some stupid ***and I am calling her on it. It's people like that why you are confused. It makes it so hard for people like us to explain it the right way to you. I'm not just randomly being an *** to you, there's SO MANY threads like this with people not only knnowing the wrong ***, but refusing to take our advice it turns us into frustrated ***.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-04 04:56:48  
Tis pointless to ask anyone for advice if you're not going to be open to it.

Otherwise you're no longer asking for advice, but rather an argument.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-04 04:58:10  
Spew ***?
How exactly am I not using math?

I use math to determine STP equipment needs based on subjob, weapon delay, and equipment. I use math to compare the relevant statistics on the 2 gear sets presented in the OP.
Just because you disagree with my opinion, or because you don't like me, doesn't mean I don't use logic, or math, or anything else of that nature.

You can feel free to bring up the fact that my DRG is level 7. While a fair point, that doesn't mean I don't understand how the DRG job works, or am unqualified to offer objective advice on the DRG job. To make that statement is like implying that a cardiologist is unqualified to give advice about general health.

It's also not possible to "kindly" tell someone to *** off and kill himself. I will tell you that you are an absurdly large bad of douche, and the whole community knows that. I'm not a saint, but you are about as low as they come. Like lower than the dried chewing gum stains one finds on the concrete at a gas station.

[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-08-04 05:01:08  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said:
Spew ***?

I use math to determine STP equipment needs based on subjob, weapon delay, and equipment. I use math to compare the relevant statistics on the 2 gear sets presented in the OP.
Just because you disagree with my opinion, or because you don't like me, doesn't mean I don't use logic, or math, or anything else of that nature.

You can feel free to bring up the fact that my DRG is level 7. While a fair point, that doesn't mean I don't understand how the DRG job works, or am unqualified to offer objective advice on the DRG job. To make that statement is like implying that a cardiologist is unqualified to give advice about general health.

It's also not possible to "kindly" tell someone to *** off and kill himself. I will tell you that you are an absurdly large bad of douche, and the whole community knows that. I'm not a saint, but you are about as low as they come. Like lower than the dried chewing gum stains one finds on the concrete at a gas station.

Seriously I will walk outside in the dark right now, and spend time hunting for sticks and 2 rocks to start a fire, if you will please jump in it and die. :(

Thanks for the compliments, you know just how to stroke my ego even if you aren't too bright, can you stroke *** just as good? We might be able to work something out if so.
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-08-04 05:02:19  
Spew ***?

It's probably a good idea to just get over yourself at this point.
[+]
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-08-04 05:14:59  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

Thanks for the compliments, you know just how to stroke my ego even if you aren't too bright, can you stroke *** just as good? We might be able to work something out if so.

Thanks for the non-responsive reply.
I will seriously give you a metal fork, tell you that sticking it into a live electrical socket will earn you the title of "King of Douchefag Trolls for FFXI", complete with a lifetime supply of Summer's Eve, and enjoy watching you fry as the fork goes in.

I'd consider your offer for the *** stroking, but my eyesight isn't so good up-close, and I wouldn't want to have to lug an electron microscope with me just to find your tiny wee-wee. Such equipment really spoils the mood.

Done here. Have a nice day.

@ the OP: next time you need some gear advice, send me a PM instead of subjecting yourself to these hooligans and nincompoops. I'll give you some quality advice, yes, BASED ON MATH, and also refer you to some other quality players for additional opinions ... rest assured "Samuraiking" will not make the list.
 Shiva.Daimos
サーバ: Shiva
user: Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:23:48  
I think I speak for everyone (albeit nicer) when I say, could you please show us this math of yours?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-08-04 05:24:34  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:

Thanks for the non-responsive reply.
I will seriously give you a metal fork, tell you that sticking it into a live electrical socket will earn you the title of "King of Douchefag Trolls for FFXI", complete with a lifetime supply of Summer's Eve, and enjoy watching you fry as the fork goes in.

I'd consider your offer for the *** stroking, but my eyesight isn't so good up-close, and I wouldn't want to have to lug an electron microscope with me just to find your tiny wee-wee. Such equipment really spoils the mood.

Done here. Have a nice day.

@ the OP: next time you need some gear advice, send me a PM instead of subjecting yourself to these hooligans and nincompoops. I'll give you some quality advice, yes, BASED ON MATH, and also refer you to some other quality players for additional opinions ... rest assured "Samuraiking" will not make the list.

lolol you got so mad
[+]
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2010-08-04 05:24:39  
Don't waste your time arguing with SK, he purposefully sits in his moms basement refreshing the forums looking for a fight to feed his ego, it's just a shame he doesn't go out onto the street and speak to people in the same way he does on here.

It's called little man syndrome.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2010-08-04 05:25:00  
I ignored just about every post but the first one.

My opinion is to simply do this, Buy the set with cruor or from the Auction house, they are very cheap, try em out, if you dont feel like its better, then sell them, if not keep em.

I was sceptical too about getting perle, i am DRK though so a bit different, i already had a good decent tp setup, but after finding out perle gave 14% haste instead of 13% i decided to try it out, and i really do notice a difference.

You dont really have much to lose here, at least perle is very easily obtained and you could sell it back if you dont like :)
[+]
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2010-08-04 05:32:35  
Lol what ever happened to doing a side by side comparison looking at stats. Then using those stats to decide what it's best for in situations. I didn't know that simple math and dmg calculations were that hard of a choice.

It's not like your trying to figure out if int, mac, enfeeb, vs mobs int and resistances for how you are gonna build up gear set. Idk why you can't see straight auto attack dps in perle will be better.

And god why not actually try to test out each set you are doing for a side by side comparison. Although if your gonna sit there on ep it's not going to matter much. Try a Tough or higher, or if your in an event ls hey all the better to test it out.
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:35:27  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said:
Lol what ever happened to doing a side by side comparison looking at stats. Then using those stats to decide what it's best for in situations. I didn't know that simple math and dmg calculations were that hard of a choice.

The side-by-side comparison was already given, the matter of debate seems to be the sTP to maintain a 6hit, and the DA lost from askar.

Fenrir.Krazyrs
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-04 05:37:15  
the main reason ppl dont want to believe math on this set is i think, that it took alot of CoP missions, then alot of limbus runs to finally win a homam piece off omega

vs a new add-on coming out, running a 2-3 hr party inside, and leaving with a full 5/5 set

perle is better

i do still use homam setup when drg/mage tho, bigger mp/hp pool i find better for healing breath triggers and healing breath latent
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:38:17  
I do feel guilty for using decent pieces that were so easy to obtain :x

Perhaps there will be magian trials for limbus gear as there will be for salvage.
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-04 05:38:42  
so landing drake or pentra doesnt give you extra tp... or jump and high jump? what
[+]
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-08-04 05:39:55  
Shiva.Daimos said:

The side-by-side comparison was already given, the matter of debate seems to be the sTP to maintain a 6hit, and the DA lost from askar.

Yep. Lots of off topic post but I'm wondering about the DA lost vs the ATT gained if the ACC doesn't matter. (Not sure why this is on page 4.. one of those nights :\)

Gotta zz now, thx for the reply everyone!
 Diabolos.Raelia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2010-08-04 05:42:57  
They did that. OP decided 4% DA was better than a fair dozen accuracy, two dozen attack, and +17 STR. I've simplified the numbers just for ease of calculation. Any of these alone is better than 4% DA:

As stated, 4% DA suffers diminishing returns because of your other DA sources, making it about 3.5% more damage.

12 accuracy = 6% hitrate, thus 6% more melee hits landed and 6% more WS, plainly: 6% more damage.

25 attack on top of 500 is 5% more pDIF on every hit, and this is DRG we're talking about so calling 500 attack 'a stretch' isn't unheard of. Even calling out that 25 attack to only be on your 65% melee phase is still 3.25% more damage, matching the DA gain within the margin of 'who gives a ***?'.

17 STR is at least 4 and maybe 5 fSTR. 4-5 base damage on your ~100 base damage is simply 4-5% more damage, and isn't subject to capping like attack or accuracy.

Any of these alone beats or matches your 4% double attack.

Put them all together: 1.06 * 1.0325 * 1.04 = 14% more damage overall.

***. Your. DA.
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:43:34  
DA Damage increase

Going from 5% DA to 9%, you'll see the improvement is extremely minimal. (~0.8%)
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-04 05:47:27  
So 7 more acc is better than 1% more haste as far as legs go?
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-04 05:47:45  
should link to a old topic in WAR with af feet VS dusk/unicorn/aurum -.-
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:48:40  
Ifrit.Vextra said:

Both sets have the same haste%, so piece by piece comparison is moot.
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
should link to a old topic in WAR with af feet VS dusk/unicorn/aurum -.-

Please, don't remind me.
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-08-04 05:48:41  
Ifrit.Vextra said:

what 1% haste
homam x3/askar/turbans is 14%
perle x5 is 14%

i dun understand
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-04 05:50:59  
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

what 1% haste
perle x5 is 14%

i dun understand

what "dun" you understand about "as far as legs go"
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-04 05:51:20  
full double attack merits on war tasty but you should wear haste feet over the double attack af.... or die
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:51:47  
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

what 1% haste
perle x5 is 14%

i dun understand

what "dun" YOU understand about "why the hell would you use only the legs"
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-08-04 05:53:13  
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

what 1% haste
perle x5 is 14%

i dun understand

full perle set only for tp that is

is that hard to understand?
[+]
 Shiva.Daimos
By Shiva.Daimos 2010-08-04 05:54:40  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Both sets have the same haste%, so piece by piece comparison is moot.
[+]
 Ifrit.Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-04 05:54:53  
Shiva.Daimos said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:
Fenrir.Krazyrs said:
Ifrit.Vextra said:

what 1% haste
perle x5 is 14%

i dun understand

what "dun" YOU understand about "why the hell would you use only the legs"

I dont know, could have sworn someone said use the legs if you need the acc
 Lakshmi.Aeyela
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aeyela
By Lakshmi.Aeyela 2010-08-04 05:54:58