By Ragnarok.Psyence 2010-06-13 15:01:41  
Matt ruined the game... err maths
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-13 16:14:27  
Odin.Blazza said:
@Darki, some people just play games for all the wrong reasons. They play it to acquire virtual wealth and lord over others how pimp they are. Like the people who /ragequit, throw all their r/e gear then post a screenshot, it's all just one big e-peen contest to a lot of people.

lulz like that one thread we saw that dude drop like 10 screenshots of r/x items.
Assassin's armlets stood out the most... ; ; for me atleast.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-13 16:26:41  
HE PROBLY TROLLED US AND DIDN'T HAVE THOSE ITEMS, just mad photoshop skills.

I want to believe~
 Ramuh.Thunderz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Thunderz
By Ramuh.Thunderz 2010-06-13 16:48:21  
And on the left you can see the Another Q.Q Thread, move long people nothing to see here.
 Gilgamesh.Tirantus
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Tirantus
By Gilgamesh.Tirantus 2010-06-13 17:26:38  
Complaining an RPG is just a big math formula is like complaining that the sky is blue, or that the sun is hot.

Video game....computer entertainment....computer....compute....

Computers are basically giant calculators on steroids. The technical foundation for all video games are math formulas.

Even beyond that, the mechanics of any pen and paper RPG like D&D are nothing but running number variables against each other with a fantasy narrative to give it context.
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-06-14 04:24:21  
Asura.Nadie said:
Valefor.Sketchkat said:
It takes the "fantasy" out of Final Fantasy, in my opinion. To quote myself from a few months ago:
"I don't recall Aragorn pulling out a pocket calculator and checking the agro distance of the cave troll in Moria, or parsing his damage against Boromir's. I guess it sounds a bit silly, but I like that sense of adventure. Too bad PC mmo's always get picked apart like that".

this is by far the best reply i have read in the past 7 years or so for any ffxi thread

made me lol :)
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 04:59:17  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Sylph.Brutality said:
Make fun of me all you want, but augments ruined this game. There is so much simplicity in standard RPG's for items that I almost wish it were the same in FFXI. To all the people who whine and complain about wanting more unique-styled items for your characters, please. I say nay to you. At what point do you realize that the game isn't fun anymore if you spend more time researching it then playing?

That's how I feel anyway. If you have an OCD for perfectionism as I do, than FFXI isn't for you, because it simply doesn't exist here (or in that matter, in any MMO from my experiences).

This game boils down to one big math problem if you REALLY take the time to think about it. I wanna play a video game.. not do math.

/em prepares to get flamed by all the "elitist ffxi players"
w(^.^)w //end

Oh just shut the *** up.

I love when someone knows that they have a stupid pet peeve so they throw up the "those 1337s are going to flame me" defense too.

[+]
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-06-14 06:50:35  
ITT: People bitching about a guy bitching, who doesn't really need to ***, whilst also bitching at each other for bitching at the guy who doesn't really need to ***.

[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 07:28:03  
Fenrir.Cobblers said:
I started reading the original op and got bored after a few lines, but there does appear to be an increasing trend in the amount of moaning *** around lately.

If aug's ruined the game, quit

If the lvl increases for this month and ahead are going to ruin the game (as everyone who plays FFXI knows this is going to ruin the game despite having no idea of how its going to work yet) quit

If you are unhappy with the game, quit

End of the day its a game, sitting at home getting all angry at your pc and comming on here where you know your gonna get fkin slated for whatever you say is just dumb.

And if all the above fails, go pop Eraser in sky.

You sound like a quitter to me, not everyone is btw, if you didn't realize.

so the 'quit' card never works for people that actually like the game, who cares if OP wants to rant, he said it on the title, ITS A RANT. If you didn't like his Q.Qing and butthurting then you should've stayed away from this thread. but you didn't ! and you were part of the obsessive cycle of ranting :D

it's a forum, RANTING IS ALLOWED. I believe lol
and don't think level cap increase will ruin the game, it will just make it a completly different game, it will ruin it for people who are used to this kind of gaming and don't want to change it.

IT MIGHT ruin the game if SE has their heads up their *** while doing the cap increase. They always have it up their ***, let's HOPE for *** sake this is one of those times they don't fail to impress us.

Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-06-14 08:37:36  
meh, OP was only ranting about Augs, I doubt OP is that butthurt about Aug's to think it's worth quitting, but I dislike it when people just tell others to quit simply because they don't like something about the game and want to rant about it.

Jetzabel pic of you is prettier then that thing you have as avatar btw.
 Fenrir.Terminus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2010-06-14 09:00:22  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Cobblers said:
I started reading the original op and got bored after a few lines, but there does appear to be an increasing trend in the amount of moaning *** around lately.

If aug's ruined the game, quit

If the lvl increases for this month and ahead are going to ruin the game (as everyone who plays FFXI knows this is going to ruin the game despite having no idea of how its going to work yet) quit

If you are unhappy with the game, quit

End of the day its a game, sitting at home getting all angry at your pc and comming on here where you know your gonna get fkin slated for whatever you say is just dumb.

And if all the above fails, go pop Eraser in sky.

You sound like a quitter to me, not everyone is btw, if you didn't realize.

so the 'quit' card never works for people that actually like the game, who cares if OP wants to rant, he said it on the title, ITS A RANT. If you didn't like his Q.Qing and butthurting then you should've stayed away from this thread. but you didn't ! and you were part of the obsessive cycle of ranting :D

it's a forum, RANTING IS ALLOWED. I believe lol
and don't think level cap increase will ruin the game, it will just make it a completly different game, it will ruin it for people who are used to this kind of gaming and don't want to change it.

IT MIGHT ruin the game if SE has their heads up their *** while doing the cap increase. They always have it up their ***, let's HOPE for *** sake this is one of those times they don't fail to impress us.

You are missing the point. It's not about being "a quitter." But if you say that the game is RUINED, obviously you do not enjoy it... so, in that case, quit.
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-14 09:18:06  
Sylph.Brutality said:
Make fun of me all you want, but augments ruined this game. There is so much simplicity in standard RPG's for items that I almost wish it were the same in FFXI. To all the people who whine and complain about wanting more unique-styled items for your characters, please. I say nay to you. At what point do you realize that the game isn't fun anymore if you spend more time researching it then playing? That's how I feel anyway. If you have an OCD for perfectionism as I do, than FFXI isn't for you, because it simply doesn't exist here (or in that matter, in any MMO from my experiences). This game boils down to one big math problem if you REALLY take the time to think about it. I wanna play a video game.. not do math. /em prepares to get flamed by all the "elitist ffxi players" w(^.^)w //end
i'm not reading any posts after the OP because i agree with you 100% to a point . The uncontrolled retardedly Random FoV system is crap . Evolith comes in a close second . Magian , so far , isnt so bad . It's actually kinda pimp , but is nothing like Either of the other 2 systems . ToM act more like a questline that rewards the player with a repeatable reward . Not only that but an 'item' only recieved by said questline .
I cant count how many Ch7/8 augments i have done with nothing good to show , but ppl go and get +6 INT on thier Weskit or +10 on a Thal . its pure crap .
 Odin.Mikumaru
サーバ: Odin
user: Mikumaru
By Odin.Mikumaru 2010-06-14 09:20:15  

case in point .
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-14 09:32:43  
so basically you guys are butthurt because they got lucky or have the skills required and you guys didn't?

Meh, stupid people is what kills a game, not the game itself.
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-06-14 09:40:23  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
so basically you guys are butthurt because they got lucky or have the skills required and you guys didn't?

That's pretty much what it is from what I've read .
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-06-14 09:42:59  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:

Skills? Last I checked it was down to luck, not skills.
 Sylph.Spiriel
user: Spiriel
By Sylph.Spiriel 2010-06-14 09:57:43  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I swear being a business owner in retail opens your eyes to how *** annoying customers are, the more you give a customer, the more of a stuck up cry baby they become.

I'm serious though, there is nothing that SE has done that hasn't gotten bad reviews regardless of their implications, if I were SE I'd of blown up the servers a long time ago lol.
QFT.

"Why can't I get augments like those people?!"
A: You didn't get lucky. Or you didn't do 50 attempts before you got it right, like they did.

"Why do other people go 1/1 on NMs and I go 1/10?"
A: You didn't get lucky. Or they lied about their record for epeen.

"Why can't I be psycho-rich like other people?"
A: You don't have 20 mules all growing ore and another 3 outside Jeuno with Bazaars up while they spend 8 hours a day running an endgame linkshell and dealing with everyone else's whining. Or you didn't get lucky. Take your pick.

"Why can't they increase the drop rate on those l33t augs?!? WAAAAAH"
A: Because then you'll *** about how they're making everyone overpowered with this easily obtainable awesome gear.

/waaaaambulance off
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-06-14 10:00:25  
Sylph.Spiriel said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I swear being a business owner in retail opens your eyes to how *** annoying customers are, the more you give a customer, the more of a stuck up cry baby they become.

I'm serious though, there is nothing that SE has done that hasn't gotten bad reviews regardless of their implications, if I were SE I'd of blown up the servers a long time ago lol.
QFT.

"Why can't I get augments like those people?!"
A: You didn't get lucky. Or you didn't do 50 attempts before you got it right, like they did.

"Why do other people go 1/1 on NMs and I go 1/10?"
A: You didn't get lucky. Or they lied about their record for epeen.

"Why can't I be psycho-rich like other people?"
A: You don't have 20 mules all growing ore and another 3 outside Jeuno with Bazaars up while they spend 8 hours a day running an endgame linkshell and dealing with everyone else's whining. Or you didn't get lucky. Take your pick.

"Why can't they increase the drop rate on those l33t augs?!? WAAAAAH"
A: Because then you'll *** about how they're making everyone overpowered with this easily obtainable awesome gear.

/waaaaambulance off
/sees the Wahbulance race by

I lol'ed at that!
 Sylph.Oddin
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-06-14 10:17:50  
So you rant because other people got something you didn't? God I'd hate to meet you in real life. How about you go *** at God or Raptor Jesus or something about all the people who were born with silver spoons in their mouths while you're at it? Seriously the point of the damn system is to WORK FOR YOUR REWARD. Yes, some people will get it fairly quickly and with little effort and we all envy them. That does not mean you need to go off on a stupid tirade about how "augmenting ruined the game".
 Sylph.Kyogi
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2010-06-14 11:32:48  
My luck sucks ***, so I don't bother with silly things like Augments. Sorry if I offend those that like blowing gil on a Hagun only to find out that you got an Augment of Resist Paralyze +2 or better yet CHR+2!
 Asura.Rule
user: Rule
By Asura.Rule 2010-06-14 11:34:27  
Sylph.Kyogi said:
My luck sucks ***, so I don't bother with silly things like Augments. Sorry if I offend those that like blowing gil on a Hagun only to find out that you got an Augment of Resist Paralyze 2 or better yet CHR 2!

if your not paralyzed then your swinging at the mob
 Asura.Funkatron
user: Funkatron
By Asura.Funkatron 2010-06-14 11:42:30  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Hey guys it's time again for SUCK MY SOUR ***. You heard it right, it's time again for pages and pages of threads consisting of people sucking on my ***, but complaining that my *** milk is sour. BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! They will also ask why my ***'s haven't learned to produce the particular type of milk that they want, and complain, ALL WHILE STILL SUCKING MY ***. YOU HEARD ME RIGHT.
I lol'd so hard my neighbor called to see if I was ok...

I'm in class, and its quiet as hell, i lol'd so hard... they are all staring at me >.<...
 Bismarck.Rellz
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Relleum
By Bismarck.Rellz 2010-06-14 11:42:53  
Sylph.Kyogi said:
My luck sucks ***, so I don't bother with silly things like Augments. Sorry if I offend those that like blowing gil on a Hagun only to find out that you got an Augment of Resist Paralyze 2 or better yet CHR 2!
At least the +CHR will help with /dnc :P