フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Cerberus » Cerberus
Cerberus
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Hades.Blevien
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Blev
By Hades.Blevien 2010-03-09 23:32:45  
haha i was thinking the same thing just didn't feel like being a grammar nazi.
 Hades.Ladytaru
user: ladytaru
By Hades.Ladytaru 2010-03-11 19:51:18  
Cerberus.Denaunie said:
Hades.Sblonde said:
So... no Dynamis booking site, so unorganised...

This will be an adjustment for all of us and there will be hiccups for sure, but I don't think statements like those above start things off on the the right foot...

Just to let you know, TT is here on Cerb and is EU; we've never had to use the calendar/booking site because to be honest, we've never had any competition/schedule conflict with another LS, to the best of my knowledge.

Please don't pre-judge; I'm sure we will be able to work together when/if the time comes. Until then, please try to keep an open mind and do not assume a lack of booking automatically means disorganisation, thanks!

If you look on Hades calender you will see why we might be concerned about our runs clashing. We have alot of active Dynamis shells. Good to see some people will be willing to work with us :)
 Cerberus.Inglorion
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-03-12 19:58:32  
hmm we can try and work together , would have to reform the Calender, but I know some ls leaders on this server are too stubborn and would just do the zone anyway, but I am willing to work out the zones I do with you guys, actually I kinda wished Cerberus had something of the sort, because ls's clash on this server and that is part of the reason.
 Hades.Ladytaru
By Hades.Ladytaru 2010-03-13 15:47:58  
We've already started posting our runs on Cerbs calender :)
Hopefully people follow suit. If not what ya gonna do? lol I don't pay to play every month to stress over a Dynamis zone really. We just gotta go with whatever happens in the end I suppose.
 Hades.Kaht
user: kaht
By Hades.Kaht 2010-03-15 12:31:33  
Hades.Ladytaru said:
We've already started posting our runs on Cerbs calender :)
Hopefully people follow suit. If not what ya gonna do? lol I don't pay to play every month to stress over a Dynamis zone really. We just gotta go with whatever happens in the end I suppose.

Looks like there's quite a few linkshells starting to do this already. Kinda surprised nobody's posted the link to the calendar that hades uses:

http://www.ffxi-dynamis.de
 Cerberus.Vedder
user: Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-15 15:14:38  
So do Hades Dynamis LS leaders start harassing others if they don't get a zone that they've 'reserved' on this dynamis calendar?

I'm not going to race to jump zones on anyone, but if we're supposed to enter at 4.30pm and some other LS has reserved the zone for 6pm... I'm sorry, but we'll be in there.

I'm pretty easy going and the calendar is a good idea in theory, but without close to full participation by all LSes, I just don't see it working on Cerberus.

You Hadeans are going to need an individual to champion your cause and contact all the leaders on this list, http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?dt=9&sv=23, and try to get buy-in if you want the calendar to be successful after the merge.
 Hades.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-03-15 23:53:06  
Cerberus.Vedder said:
So do Hades Dynamis LS leaders start harassing others if they don't get a zone that they've 'reserved' on this dynamis calendar? I'm not going to race to jump zones on anyone, but if we're supposed to enter at 4.30pm and some other LS has reserved the zone for 6pm... I'm sorry, but we'll be in there. I'm pretty easy going and the calendar is a good idea in theory, but without close to full participation by all LSes, I just don't see it working on Cerberus. You Hadeans are going to need an individual to champion your cause and contact all the leaders on this list, http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?dt=9&sv=23, and try to get buy-in if you want the calendar to be successful after the merge.

A lot of LSs on hades dont even follow the calander. They sign up then ignore whoever is on it lol. I seriously doubt anyone will give a ***on cerb.
 Hades.Kaht
By Hades.Kaht 2010-03-16 14:05:24  
Cerberus.Vedder said:
So do Hades Dynamis LS leaders start harassing others if they don't get a zone that they've 'reserved' on this dynamis calendar?

If everyone follows the calendar, you don't run into that issue. In the last year I can't remember any instances where someone tried to jack our zone. There were a few instances where a linkshell had scheduled a zone before us that was supposed to end at the same time we enter, but the moron apparently didn't know what timezone he was in so he was scheduling his runs on the calendar an hour earlier than they were actually starting. In those instances, we had to wait an extra hour to get in or take another zone, but it only happened like 2 times and that linkshell ended up disbanding so it hasn't been an issue for a long time.

Cerberus.Vedder said:
I'm not going to race to jump zones on anyone, but if we're supposed to enter at 4.30pm and some other LS has reserved the zone for 6pm... I'm sorry, but we'll be in there.

If you're "supposed" to enter at 4.30pm just schedule it on the calendar and you wouldn't have to worry about another LS reserving the zone for 6pm - the calendar doesn't allow runs to overlap.

I understand lots of people probably don't want to use the calendar cause people just generally don't like change, but it really does solve more problems than it creates.
 Cerberus.Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-16 15:56:45  
Hades.Kaht said:
Cerberus.Vedder said:

If everyone follows the calendar, you don't run into that issue. In the last year I can't remember any instances where someone tried to jack our zone. There were a few instances where a linkshell had scheduled a zone before us that was supposed to end at the same time we enter, but the moron apparently didn't know what timezone he was in so he was scheduling his runs on the calendar an hour earlier than they were actually starting. In those instances, we had to wait an extra hour to get in or take another zone, but it only happened like 2 times and that linkshell ended up disbanding so it hasn't been an issue for a long time.

Cerberus.Vedder said:

If you're "supposed" to enter at 4.30pm just schedule it on the calendar and you wouldn't have to worry about another LS reserving the zone for 6pm - the calendar doesn't allow runs to overlap.

I understand lots of people probably don't want to use the calendar cause people just generally don't like change, but it really does solve more problems than it creates.

What if the 6pm LS already has something planned for the day we go at 4.30pm? Is the calendar going to still let me set up a time anyway and push them back? I doubt it ... so it just becomes a race to see who can set something up on the calendar first. I don't see how that "solves" anything.

I'm perfectly fine with change, but change for the sake of change is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Incoming: lots of ticked of Hades Dynamis LSes because your calendars will become obsolete.
 Hades.Kaht
By Hades.Kaht 2010-03-16 16:26:12  
Cerberus.Vedder said:
What if the 6pm LS already has something planned for the day we go at 4.30pm? Is the calendar going to still let me set up a time anyway and push them back? I doubt it ... so it just becomes a race to see who can set something up on the calendar first. I don't see how that "solves" anything.

I'm perfectly fine with change, but change for the sake of change is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.

Incoming: lots of ticked of Hades Dynamis LSes because your calendars will become obsolete.

So why not set your runs weeks in advance so it doesn't become an issue? If Xarcabard isn't open for Wednesday, schedule it for Sunday instead. The calendar allows you to schedule stuff like 2 months in advance, so the problem you're describing just honestly doesn't exist.

If your linkshell likes to fly by the seat of its pants and wait until the day-of to decide which zone to do, then I guess there's no way to convince you otherwise. But, as I said in my post above, the calendar solves more problems than it creates. If the linkshells on cerberus refuse to use it, then that is their prerogative. But, being difficult just for the sake of being stubborn isn't going to make this merger any smoother. We're all being forced into this situation, so we have no choice but to adapt to each other. Whether this means using the dynamis calendar or not using the dynamis calendar, I can't really say.

I honestly hope cerberus adapts to hades and begins using the caledar, but from the resistance that has already been shown toward it I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.
[+]
 Hades.Blevien
By Hades.Blevien 2010-03-16 16:47:54  
Think of it this way, using the calendar will prevent the need for competing to enter whatever zone you are wanting to do at a specified time.

Not using the calendar, you will have a lot more LS to compete with for your "zone sniping" BS. May as well make it easy and plan ahead to save yourselves some time and trouble.

Hades shells won't be the only ones having zones stolen if you guys choose to not use the calendar, keep this is mind. This very much affects every LS that does dynamis, on both our servers, not just the people being forced to move to Cerb.

The only reason i can see you guys not wanting to use the calendar is because you're too stubborn to accept the change. The calendar works. Use it, or be ready for every shell on Hades to start sniping zones. That's all, thanks for reading my wall-o-text.
 Cerberus.Denaunie
user: Denaunie
By Cerberus.Denaunie 2010-03-16 17:45:17  
Cerberus.Volkomir said:
Its spelled unorganized and disorganization >.> lol sorry I had to

Actually, only in the US is 'z' used emphatically. 's' is interchangeable in other parts of the world (i.e, in Canada and in parts of EU). Given I was responding to a EU player, it was more respectful to reply with a 's' than a 'z'.

Still <3 ya though Volk.

Edit: forgot the reason for the post, ooops...Registered TT on the Calendar site; I can't promise we'll use it faithfully but I'm willing to check it out if it stands to help ease the transition. Thanks to the person who provided the link.
 Cerberus.Aliiyah
user: Aliiyah
By Cerberus.Aliiyah 2010-03-16 17:55:38  
Hades.Blevien said:
Think of it this way, using the calendar will prevent the need for competing to enter whatever zone you are wanting to do at a specified time.

Not using the calendar, you will have a lot more LS to compete with for your "zone sniping" BS. May as well make it easy and plan ahead to save yourselves some time and trouble.

Hades shells won't be the only ones having zones stolen if you guys choose to not use the calendar, keep this is mind. This very much affects every LS that does dynamis, on both our servers, not just the people being forced to move to Cerb.

The only reason i can see you guys not wanting to use the calendar is because you're too stubborn to accept the change. The calendar works. Use it, or be ready for every shell on Hades to start sniping zones. That's all, thanks for reading my wall-o-text.

I am in Vedder's shell and I can say that in the year I have been back, (and all years I played since the beta) I have only seen an issue with the LS I was in getting "jumped"... I think once, maybe twice?? And it was ghey and a pain, but we packed up and moved to another zone and did the original zone the next run. And as for saving time, its just as easy to check the zone and outside the zone via the search function. Will be more difficult at first after the merge with all the new names, but most people in my LS know someone in all the other server LS's and we talk to them and ask the basics... When did u start? How much time do you have left? Going for win or farming? Blah blah blah... no riots, no killing each other, just a change of venue or an added wait time.

Wish some other things were as easy...

I would have to have feedback from other Cerberus LS's (past and present), but none of the 3 LS's I have been in to do Dynamis have used the calendar (most of the years I played, that wasn't even an option!) and we Cerberus folks have never had that many issues. Maybe Hades uses the calendar because they have had issues, which makes me a sad panda. :/

We will all have to stop the starting of bickering until we do the merge and actually see where the chips fall. I bet some Cerberus Dynamis LS's and some Hades Dynamis LS's go BYE BYE right off the bat, due to people joining other LS's after the merge, but that is speculation at this point. Yes, if there are going to be a TON of LS's doing dynamis scheduling may become an issue, but again, we will have to see how it goes.

And I hate to say it, but there will be probably still be old-school LS's that will not schedule and some LS's will, and the zone will still be taken by the unscheduled LS. What do you do? Call the SE police to come "jail" an LS for being ready to enter a zone when your LS is just getting there? Or what if the roles were flipped? It will be interesting to see how it plays out, but arguing about how it should be handled in the future is like arguing about who is going to win the next superbowl.

And peanut gallery, this is not the time to actually START arguing about the next superbowl!! LOL! :)

EDIT: That was far from a wall'o'text Blevien! :)
 Cerberus.Vedder
By Cerberus.Vedder 2010-03-16 17:58:20  
Look, I'm not going to get into a discussion on the merits of a calendar. I'm not actually against one in theory. What I'm trying to tell all you Hadeans, I already said up above:

Do you want to keep your precious calendar?

Not everyone that leads a LS that does Dynamis reads this forum or any forum, for that matter. So get to work and get people on board with your little calendar and then come talk to me.
 Cerberus.Volkomir
user: Volkomir
By Cerberus.Volkomir 2010-03-16 22:02:02  
In my honest opinion, just because you may schedule a zone on your calender, doesn't prevent another LS from just taking it anyway just to be ***.
 Cerberus.Greenjade
user: Greenjade
By Cerberus.Greenjade 2010-03-17 00:09:26  
Cerberus.Volkomir said:
In my honest opinion, just because you may schedule a zone on your calender, doesn't prevent another LS from just taking it anyway just to be ***.

Pretty much this. And this is Cerberus after all. We can give TNT a run for their money when it comes to drama.
 Cerberus.Furionstormrage
By Cerberus.Furionstormrage 2010-03-17 00:55:01  
Crappy thrown-together pic.

Cerberus.Alshandra
user: Alshandra
By Cerberus.Alshandra 2010-03-17 06:07:58  
i just read the end page of this thread cuz bored, but can say right up that my linkshell doesnt plan what dynamis zones we will do - we decide what zone we are doing about five seconds before we gather.. im sure theres other ls that pluck a zone out of the air at the time also.

good luck with the calendar idea, i definately see the merits in such a system but it will only work if all the linkshells post their runs, and thats not going to happen unfortunately.
 Hades.Ladytaru
By Hades.Ladytaru 2010-03-17 18:57:06  
The calender prevents more drama than it causes. Most of our LS leaders on Hades are nice reasonable people. Use the calender or don't but as someone above me said we won't be the only ones affected by the zone jumping :) Here's to the drama that is sure to come. /em props feet up and gets ready for the show!
 Cerberus.Zyph
user: Maerina
By Cerberus.Zyph 2010-03-17 20:26:49  
You guys are all such funny people. <3 Cerberus.

Also, I wonder if the JPs have drama like this >_>;
 Hades.Excelior
user: Excelior
By Hades.Excelior 2010-03-18 00:43:28  
Just stay out of my dynamis windurst runs and we'll all be happy XD
 Hades.Blevien
By Hades.Blevien 2010-03-20 01:10:39  
Hades.Excelior said:
Just stay out of my dynamis windurst runs OR WE WILL RAPE YOU XD

ftfy

edit: forgot to mention, it's not rape if you say surprise!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8