フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dancer » AGI on DNC
AGI on DNC
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 19:43:00  
Remora.Ninian said:
I've been too obsessed with Scylla. Killed Cinq's NM once, haven't bothered since. I'll let you know if I get either. :x
God I want that dagger too when I get there but getting a group for that... /wrist
Hades.Bez said:
Haste is a percentage deduction from delay, ergo 34% reduction of 418 is a comparatively bigger decrease than 34% of 350. On the understanding that 50% Haste being 50% delay(2x attack rate) and 66% being 33% delay(3x attack rate). The relative decrease from 418 is larger than the decrease of 350 delay, thus Dagger/Joy is "faster" in direct comparison to Dagger/Cinq @ 0% Haste. Or so I am led to understand.
Sorta right and wrong. The time in seconds that will be reduced is more. However the % change will be the same outside of the rounding of ffxi does.

And in this case trying to figure out a rate in say tp/unit time % is all that matters.

No matter how much haste you had 350/418 will still be the same ratio.

So if 1 was 2tp/sec with 0 haste it would be 4tp/sec with 50% and if the other was 1.5tp/sec with 0 haste it be 3tp/sec with 50%. 2/1.5 = 4/3

Hades.Bez said:
Dual Wield doesn't effect this, due to DW lowering the TP floor, but Haste lowers higher delays by a comparatively larger amount, without altering the TP gain.
That just helps stop it a bit. The rate of tp/gain vs delay very non linear.

So like 180 delay is 5tp per hit and 3sec base delay

While 360 delay 9.333 tp and 6 sec.

So first 1 is 1.66tp/sec the second one is 1.55 tp/sec or a 7.1% increaase in tp gain on the first on.

Now if we apply 20% DW we bring 180 delay down to 144delay and 360 to 288.

144 delay is 4.7tp per hit and 2.4sec base delay

While 288 delay 7.6 tp and 4.8 sec.

So first 1 is 1.958tp/sec the second one is 1.583 tp/sec or a 23.7% increaase in tp gain on the first on.

As you see with the lower delay due to 20% DW vs no DW increased the tp gain by 17.95% while on the 2nd it only 2.1%

Or for graphical representations

Hades.Bez
サーバ: Hades
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-06 20:42:16  
Ah yes, beginning to see where the rounding off is screwing with the numbers, going to 4~5 decimal places alters it to 84~5% for a lot of the time, just happened to be my rounding to 2DP was leaving 0,10,30 haste at 85.5, 85, 84 respectively. Math Fail. Still Joy is a better option over the Cinq, as long as your ACC remains above said threshold.

All you can really conclude is if acc= x% it's better. Fortunately for my Dancer, that tends to be a lot of the time I'm on it. Sadly, the hypothetical daggerx 2 crossover point is always the mobs I'll never be DNC on. Again in my own experience. Adder Jambiyah mainhanded over Etail helps out Joytoy a lot in situations where the acc is sketchy, but again, thats more my own playstyle adapating my DNC to use Joy effectively, alongside Sword Merits/Suppa and Closed Pos.

I don't generally use Pizza on Colibri because I'll almost always be the only "mage", leaving my ATK/damage peripheral to my actual party function, tend to go DNC COR BRD DDx3 in my own personal experience, hence my usual use of Joy over anything else offhanded. Which also leaves Saber Dance off the table too. I can see it would be better in some situations to use Dagger/Dagger, I just don't see you ever being asked to DNC in those situations, because I certainly haven't yet. XD

Still, like I said, the optimal party setup I've experienced for a DNC usually leaves your actual damage to be a tertiary priority at best, behind Curing and Haste/Steps. Hence Sushi, and thus Joy taking a huge leap over a second dagger in terms of my build/functionality. But thats just me, could work very differently for others.

Being reasonable, you're making a very good point, and making me look much more seriously at Cinq as a viable alternate option, but my own ACC with Joy for the majority of the time I'll ever be on DNC is high enough for it to be the better choice. I'm certainly not stubborn enough to continue to use Joy after it has begun to lag behind a second dagger, but its always going to be situational.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-06 21:04:04  
Idk I've only had a few pts where the dnc or 2 were the only real healer and everytime people were like OMFG wheres the real mage. And people stopped doing that by the 50s and 60s I noticed

There was a dnc in my ls that used to full time saber dance all the time since there was always a real healer in her pt. Though we found out when we started pting with her that with her gear and food she couldn't do a whole lot of the dmg she claimed without +acc/att songs/rolls lol. Think she ate meat which just doesn't work at all with well actually even with dag/dag but even more so with dag/swd

If you are the only mage just how often do you actually ws?

If you aren't really wsing that much then cinq/joy toy would be interesting.

With that you would only need like 71% acc to beat ermine/cinq in tp gain. It beats ermine/joytoy by 7% in terms of tp gain even more if you using adder/joytoy. And chances are would let you stay above 100% so store tp would kick in. But not really sure just how much tp you using as is vs how much you getting so don't really know how much you get to ws or not ws.
 Hades.Bez
サーバ: Hades
user: BezHades
By Hades.Bez 2010-02-06 21:24:57  
Tbh depends on the 3 DD. I'll almost always use Adder due to the added effect proc being really quite spectacular. You really have to guage your DD early and decide on which Step is going to be optimal for them. If you get an AH standard no-polemerits SAM with an NQ Engetsuto, you'll be using Quickstep. Wheras 90% of the time with WAR and DRG you'll get away with Box.

Really does end up being a play-it-by-ear scenario a lot of the time on DNC, generally, once you have 5 Finishes, when you've finished out Reverse Flourish, you're pretty safe to WS quite often actually if everyone is in the white, since Reverse will give you enough TP to Waltz IV someone back to topped up even after the most vicious of Flurries. Violent Flourish is exceptionally underated too since sometimes youll actually be able to land the stun for a fair amount of time with AFv2 Body. More than enough for people to throw up Seigan when they're getting murdered anyways.

Adder really does proc often though, and is a pretty hefty eva down too when it does, I really couldnt see me NOT using it when I'm support/healing.

Actually did, just think of a party where I constantly had to sit @ 100+ for Cinq to come into its own, I actually did a BLUx4 DNC BRD lolibri party once, was pretty funny. Actually had an easier time doing Wivre than a regular 30k party due to Attack Down basically doing nothing to BLU's ability to rape face. That was FULL TIME healing mode though in that group, I couldn't have kept healing up on RDM, thats for sure; Aspir Samba II/Ballad xII actually kept them all ticking over nicely too. Yeah... Cinq would have been great in that group, lol.
 Fenrir.Shambo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shambo
By Fenrir.Shambo 2010-02-06 21:26:58  
Blah blah ALALALLLLLLALALALALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LALALLALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [109 days between previous and next post]
 Asura.Yurisaki
サーバ: Asura
user: Yurisaki
By Asura.Yurisaki 2010-05-26 16:20:39  
I think bringing in the New Trial Daggers would change the flow of this topic >.> and most of what ive seen (gear is gimpy) mostly considering none of you have a decent DD set

BUMP* lol