フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Synergy » Synergy and evolith system
Synergy and evolith system
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2009-12-07 17:38:45  
Ok so let me try and get this right.

You can add evolith to a current item you own by using the new hunter's books in town, having your weapon/armor set with "slots" then going out and killing the NM's that the book tells you to. Once that happens, you can then find people capable of doing synergy, provide the item and the evolith, they "synergize" it and voila, if it doesnt break, you have a newly augmented item, if you dont like it, you can have them remove the evolith and sell the item, or reaugment it.

Ok makes sense.

Now this is whats getting me, and makes less and less sense.

For the new armors that were added in, Ebon etc, The base item gets crafted and you buy it. Then, you have to find someone who can synergize this thing, THAT ALSO HAS THE EX PIGMENT that they farmed up, then they craft the item.

Are you serious? EX pigment? Does this mean that you can farm it and provide it yourself or does the crafter have to get it?

Also these pigments seem to only drop from Pixie NM's..... yeah groovy.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-12-07 17:46:43  
Synergists will probably just monopolize those NMs and sell you the use of their pigments lol.
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-07 17:54:06  
Pretty much means only people who can afford a butt load of gil will be the only ones to use this.

As it is now, the BASE item is being sold on AH for close to 2-3m, so then the people who can "Synergize" then for you will most likely want some sort of gil reward just to put the items in for you (aside from the fact that YES they did have to farm those *** items)

I don't really like it.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-12-07 18:02:22  
Yeah seems kinda lame so far.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-07 18:07:43  
ITT butthurt broke-***
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-07 18:11:30  
Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
ITT butthurt broke-***

Yeah it's called a life D:

I don't *** farm all day for one god damn item.

maybe ... JUST maybe now with all the new stuff out and now people will be willing to go out to try this it might drive the prices down a little lower, but seriously, paying 2-3m for a piece that ... sucks?

Yeah I don't know about you but *** that idea.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2009-12-07 18:14:42  
Bismarck.Aryden said:
Ok so let me try and get this right.

You can add evolith to a current item you own by using the new hunter's books in town, having your weapon/armor set with "slots" then going out and killing the NM's that the book tells you to. Once that happens, you can then find people capable of doing synergy, provide the item and the evolith, they "synergize" it and voila, if it doesnt break, you have a newly augmented item, if you dont like it, you can have them remove the evolith and sell the item, or reaugment it.

Ok makes sense.

Now this is whats getting me, and makes less and less sense.

For the new armors that were added in, Ebon etc, The base item gets crafted and you buy it. Then, you have to find someone who can synergize this thing, THAT ALSO HAS THE EX PIGMENT that they farmed up, then they craft the item.

Are you serious? EX pigment? Does this mean that you can farm it and provide it yourself or does the crafter have to get it?

Also these pigments seem to only drop from Pixie NM's..... yeah groovy.

Your avatar seems to fit perfectly with what you said.
[+]
 Sylph.Jetu
サーバ: Sylph
user: Jetu
By Sylph.Jetu 2009-12-07 18:17:06  
fron what i have read on the SE announcment, it sounds like the person putting in the mats will get the item, and the ppl helping do the synth will get cinders

so from that i think it would be safe to assume that you would have to farm the pigments urself in order to put the item in the furnace in order to retrive the finished product
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-07 18:19:23  
Yeah seems like this is a fail
the cost to craft this stuff
might cost 10M after everything is said and done for 1
peice of gear. This is looking like some thing
for the super rich. I wonder if you loose the
base gear if you fail? If so there goes 2m.
SE trying to put RMT bck in business
people going to start buying gil again now :0
[+]
 Pandemonium.Nususu
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: nususu
By Pandemonium.Nususu 2009-12-07 18:21:31  
It has been confirmed that what we thought were the "base items" can be created via synergy, by using aptants and one of the three more job specific ebon gears. see here for recipes:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=6403&page=1#320852
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-12-07 18:25:46  
Odin.Kalico said:

As much as I despise RMT, it seems SE is trying to push the whole RMT market by putting items in game that have a *** lousy drop rate thus making the item a higher price when and if it gets crafted, then introducing a system to where people can make the items marginally better (albeit everything else will most likely be better still) just so people can strut around swinging their virtual *** around showing off their 5-6m piece of armour that might be good for ONE thing.

I don't know, it just seems SE is trying to put in stuff that they just hastily put together to try to appease the people that have gil falling out their *** just so they can feel better that they can cast that 1 spell like .1% better or do that weaponskill do 10 more damage.

[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-12-07 18:32:01  
Odin.Kalico said:

Just curious but
why do you always end up
line breaking in the middle
your sentences?
 Odin.Kalico
サーバ: Odin
user: Panthra
By Odin.Kalico 2009-12-07 18:40:57  
Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra said:
Odin.Kalico said:
Yeah seems like this is a fail the cost to craft this stuff might cost 10M after everything is said and done for 1 peice of gear. This is looking like some thing for the super rich. I wonder if you loose the base gear if you fail? If so there goes 2m. SE trying to put RMT bck in business people going to start buying gil again now :0
Just curious but why do you always end up line breaking in the middle your sentences?

because I hate when people type long
sentences,making me use the horizontal
scroll bar.......................
[+]
 Diabolos.Ghlin
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Ghlin
By Diabolos.Ghlin 2009-12-07 18:42:26  
*laughing at hackstealandbot's post* hilarious

i am excited about the synergy items. most specifically the ebon/ebur/furia talar. if that thing gets three evolith slots, it could be awesome for bard.

also, we haven't seen what the evolith all are. wait til you see those til you decide if the price is worth it or not.
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-07 22:39:23  
Bahamut.Fyyvoaa said:
Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
ITT butthurt broke-***

Yeah it's called a life D:

I don't *** farm all day for one god damn item.

***i just craft a few imperial wootz ingots and haub+1s and make gil quick, *** farming thats so 2003
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2009-12-08 04:03:15  
Or, ya know, use synergy as a means of finding a new market so you're the seller?

Prices drop. Common sense. People in this thread saying "*** it" are the ones that might not make such a purchase, causing a decrease in demand, and thus a lower price so..
Quote:
fron what i have read on the SE announcment, it sounds like the person putting in the mats will get the item, and the ppl helping do the synth will get cinders

so from that i think it would be safe to assume that you would have to farm the pigments urself in order to put the item in the furnace in order to retrive the finished product
I do believe this is the case. I don't think you have to have any skill, just be in a party with those that do. And have the necessary items, ex or not, for the synth.