| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 12:41:30  
I hate to break it to you but it's the same on every server. You get *** holes, *** wipes and pretty much just a load of *** who are good for nothing. People are going to abuse you as rdm. It comes with the job. That's why I hate rdm too >_> I know it's easier said than done but don't let them get to you. If you're not enjoying doing events with certain people or linkshells then screw them and go to another linkshell or server because at the end of the day this is a game and if you're not enjoying it then it just defeats the whole purpose of it being a game.
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-11-26 12:45:05  
But it's siren...the server to have never lost a besieged...its GOTTA be a perfect place...
[+]
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-11-26 12:45:21  
Welcome to end game :D well theres alot of *** across all servers but not everyone is a total *** wipe someday you will find a good ls and the people you will enjoy the game with , as an RDM yea you will get abused because its one of the top jobs for endgame so you just have to deal with it
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 12:54:26  
Siren.Agles said:
idk, but this sever really seems to suck. seems no matter what endgame ls i go to, i just endup being used and abused. i have even sold all my rdm gear and vailed to ever touch that job again. because it seems all i am with it, is someones tissue paper that can be tossed after wiping thier nose. idk, it be really seems no one cares about anything on this sever anymore, not even themselves. for me, its extreamly hard to get anywhere with anything. endgame, missions, quests, hell even getting an propper exp party isnt even possable anymore. im just getting sick of all this. why are people so mean and selfish. in the end, its better i keep to myself. if i stick my head out to try to do anything, all that seems to happen is i get hurt. well, just wanted to put my feelings on how things are going out there. hope someone out there cares to read it.

After last night, this is why I think I'll just stick to Campaign for my merits now. I haven't had a decent merit pt in awhile now (I'm not just talking about your 25k+/hr parties either, these parties can even maintain survival let alone a chain). When I tried to help the Bard in my party yesterday, he got pissed at me and basically told me to *** off. I should've taken a screen shot, but figured it wasn't worth my time.

As far as endgame goes, that's pretty much every server; especially with mage/support jobs (ever wonder why shells are only actively seeking mage/support jobs....think about it). My best advice to you is to screen shells just like most shells screen people. Ask others, even members about the shell. Look on the popular FFXI websites, find anything you can and thoroughly read their rules. If it doesn't sit with you, then don't join. You don’t NEED an endgame shell, so don't put up with it if it bothers you.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Aaroca
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Damii
By Lakshmi.Aaroca 2009-11-26 12:54:46  
Not to be a troll but if you're just joining an HNMLS, you're not going to choose what job you're coming as. They are. Once you become a veteran in a LS, then maybe you can. If you cant handle it, don't do endgame.

Theres two sides to every story. On my side, I'm tired of whiny newcomers that start to complain when we ask them to come a specific job. If you're not going to help the LS, then don't show up. Like this guy yesterday that didn't want to come for an hour just because we wanted him BLM. Just leave.

/endrant
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-26 12:57:34  
I agree with Megumii, but I'd also say if anything take this as a learning experience to see the ugly side of the game and learn from it. Once you know what to watch out for you can learn to enjoy and appreciate the good stuff much more when it's happening. Hope things work out!

Edit: Oh geez, Aaroca, that's the *** worst. I didn't get that out of the OP, but in general it's such a pain to deal with those people that hound with /tells for an event job, then go sadface or get an attitude about what's asked of them. lol
[+]
By ararita 2009-11-26 13:31:57  
All servers are basically the same and EG its totally dog eat dog..just toughen up..throw all personal feelings aside and get in there and get competitive and help those that help u....sorry to say but thats the way it is ing and rl..good luck
[+]
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 13:35:40  
Fact is, people forget this is a GAME.

The true spirit of FFXI died long ago, only a few cool helpful people remain.

If i could change the clock back to 2005/06 i really would.

Miss the random strangers offering to help out, friendly people etc.

The game is dog eat dog nowadays, most people wont do ***unless they get something out of the deal.

Real shame.
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 13:43:04  
So true Thevenominside! I seen shouts a few days ago where a guy was offering up to 75k just for 2 Summoner's to help him with a quest. I never understood why people stand in Whitegate all day, when they could be helping those shouting...If people would accept my jobs for help I'd go, but people aren't really interested in a Ranger or Corsair type help.

Sad to see the game come down to this, but that's pretty much what it is now. The reward of helping one another is a rarity in this game now...it's "Gil or gtfo!!"
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 13:46:28  
Asura.Cyssero said:
So true Thevenominside! I seen shouts a few days ago where a guy was offering up to 75k just for 2 Summoner's to help him with a quest. I never understood why people stand in Whitegate all day, when they could be helping those shouting...If people would accept my jobs for help I'd go, but people aren't really interested in a Ranger or Corsair type help.

Sad to see the game come down to this, but that's pretty much what it is now. The reward of helping one another is a rarity in this game now...it's "Gil or gtfo!!"

Indeed.

Well i try to counter it, i tell people if i have killed an NM and i tell them when i killed it so they can maybe camp it too, I give gil to randoms newbies to get them started, and i help friends/newbies do things if they need the help.

Yeh... gear is great... and so is gil...

But if you dont have friends, what is the point? i mean really?

Ninja Edit:

I have people who have called me friend or whatever, but most of the time when they talk to me they just want something, no Hello or how are you? the simple stuff.

Its all take take take.

Oh and helping others is the best way to make friends, i helped a guy get his Hairpin from VE, i was like "Hey man you after the hairpin? ill help you get it!" he thought i was bluffing, (sick of being screwed by people over stuff) and i got his hairpin for him and he says hello and we chat on a frequent basic, and never usually ask each other for anything, hes helped me get stuff and i helped him, and its cool.

If people took their heads out of their *** and maybe got more involved with people then the game would change, but i dont seeing it happening, but my advice is, if you hate this ***, chip in and try and change peoples minds!

Every little helps :)
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 13:52:24  
Kujata.Thevenominside said:

I have people who have called me friend or whatever, but most of the time when they talk to me they just want something, no Hello or how are you? the simple stuff.

Its all take take take.

The people on your friend list, who you hear from every month or so, it starts with "Are you busy?" and then it doesn't matter whether you say yes or no cause they're still going to ask you to go out of your way to help them with something even though they won't speak to you again until they need something else from you. I hate those people!
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 13:53:24  
That's how I look at it. Currently I'm mentoring a 66 DRK who, instead of people helping him with gear choices, tells him he's a noob and how he sucks. I mean this guy never knew of sites like this or ffxiclopedia, yet it seems most think it's a requirement to know so. I showed him some ways to make gil and even offered my crafting services for free to help him make more money. He thanks me everytime he logs on, maybe it's just me, but that is worth more then looking for a payout for my time.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2009-11-26 13:57:53  
Umm, no. In response to those "you just have to deal with it" No, you don't. Don't put up with it. What are they gonna do when they have no more mages because everyone doesn't put up with it?

Don't take *** from anyone >.> Unless maybe if you're getting paid rl money.
[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 13:58:48  
Asura.Cyssero said:
That's how I look at it. Currently I'm mentoring a 66 DRK who, instead of people helping him with gear choices, tells him he's a noob and how he sucks. I mean this guy never knew of sites like this or ffxiclopedia, yet it seems most think it's a requirement to know so. I showed him some ways to make gil and even offered my crafting services for free to help him make more money. He thanks me everytime he logs on, maybe it's just me, but that is worth more then looking for a payout for my time.

Good job man, keep it up, read my ninja edit and youll see im the same, if everyone just helped out a little more, maybe peoples attitudes would change!
Quote:
The people on your friend list, who you hear from every month or so, it starts with "Are you busy?" and then it doesn't matter whether you say yes or no cause they're still going to ask you to go out of your way to help them with something even though they won't speak to you again until they need something else from you. I hate those people!

Pretty much this, i did a fair amount of friend list deletion the other day and lets say over 50% got erased.
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 14:03:56  
I don't recall ever having anyone always asking me for help recently, but that's sad when people want to take advantage of someone willing to help them like that. But, I wouldn't be surprised if there are actually people out there just looking to get whatever they can from you, only pretending to be your friend when it suits them.
 Carbuncle.Maliku
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Maliika
By Carbuncle.Maliku 2009-11-26 14:05:54  
The game is dog eat dog nowadays, most people wont do ***unless they get something out of the deal.

Real shame.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-11-26 14:07:13  
The whole 'online anonimity(sp?) has a lot to do with it too. The greedy players and the *** just think 'well I don't know this person in real life and never will so what does it matter how I treat them as long as I get what I want'...If people treated each other better, didn't think about wanting gear gear gear and didn't complain about parties that weren't 100% perfect, this game would be a lot more relaxed.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-26 14:09:20  
I never got into endgame for the sole reason that there was too much drama, too much ***going on all because people only wanted to benefit themselves.

I'm only ever in my chat linkshell, and only log in to shoot the ***with them, help anyone who needs it, and Campaign when no one's online (2/5 Iron Ram pieces, yaaay~). I suggest you find a group of friends and lsmates who have the same mindset as you, and just want to help each other as well as people outside the shell. They're few and far between, but once you've found them it's all worth it. :)
[+]
 Fairy.Specopsz
サーバ: Fairy
user: Specopsz
By Fairy.Specopsz 2009-11-26 14:09:47  
Just quit the game.
Really.
Theres this better game out right now, called reality.
100% safe, more then a few billion players, and awesome graphics.

Edit:
Sorry, didnt mean to sound like a ***.
But really, dont stress it. Take a nice long break from the game. It really helps, and before you know it, you'll find something alot more better then ffxi.
People suck on the game, its rare finding nice people, and if you do; people take advantage of them.
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 14:11:31  
Not exactly 100% safe.. I mean, you die in that game and it's really game over >_>
[+]
 Sylph.Izey
user: Izey
By Sylph.Izey 2009-11-26 14:12:57  
Sylph.Megumii said:
If you're not enjoying doing events with certain people or linkshells then screw them and go to another linkshell or server because at the end of the day this is a game and if you're not enjoying it then it just defeats the whole purpose of it being a game.

Enough said right here. ^_^
This goes to all you haters, greedy, selfish, self absorbed/centered, video game, loot *** adddicted @ss holes. It's a video game, it's a MMO. Means "Massively multiplayer Online. Means you play the game online with other people. IF you cant play a god dam online game with other people without being an *** hole. Go play FF12, or Call of Duty, or Assassin's Creed. W/e you do GTFO. Thank you.

P.S. ~I feel ya Agles.

P.S.x2 DONT ACT LIKE YOU GUYS DONT KNOW WHO YOU ARE! -_-

Act like you have some sence.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-26 14:13:13  
Sylph.Megumii said:

Its all take take take.

Gah, *** haaated those and you can see them coming a mile away if they decide to warm you up with idle chatter before the "SO HEY GOT THIS NM HERE NO FRIENDS THO ;_; LOL" stuff.
[+]
 Odin.Nanolino
サーバ: Odin
user: Nanolino
By Odin.Nanolino 2009-11-26 14:17:22  
You can have multiple jobs but not all of them are not going to be usefull endgame wise.
Go BRD,WHM,BLM or RDM to all events and get gear for your WAR,DRK- god even BST.
You worked for it, you earn it.
[+]
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 14:17:30  
Lakshmi.Aaroca said:
Not to be a troll but if you're just joining an HNMLS, you're not going to choose what job you're coming as. They are. Once you become a veteran in a LS, then maybe you can. If you cant handle it, don't do endgame.

Theres two sides to every story. On my side, I'm tired of whiny newcomers that start to complain when we ask them to come a specific job. If you're not going to help the LS, then don't show up. Like this guy yesterday that didn't want to come for an hour just because we wanted him BLM. Just leave.

/endrant

People tell me what to do when I go to work. You know why I accept that? Because they pay me for it. Quite good, actually. When I play a game I try as hard as I can to not let it become a chore. And endgame is 90% of the time a chore. A dirty one.

And yeah, your comment about newcomers is pretty inaccurate.

The way it should be is that the newcomers should outnumber the veterans by miles. But this game has been going on for years and the veterans outnumber the newcomers by I don't know how much.
[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 14:17:42  
Quote:
The whole 'online anonimity(sp?) has a lot to do with it too. The greedy players and the *** just think 'well I don't know this person in real life and never will so what does it matter how I treat them as long as I get what I want'...If people treated each other better, didn't think about wanting gear gear gear and didn't complain about parties that weren't 100% perfect, this game would be a lot more relaxed.

This too.

I knew one person that openly said in a LS chat that she pays the fee a month so that means that she doesnt have to help people and its not her problem blah blah blah. One word: Selfish.

Blisted for good, for such a poor attitude. and there are many like her, they all get the Blist treatment.

All i can say is, if your playing a social game but dont want to help people, and all you want to do is show off your gear and leech off people, dont pay a social online game, dont play FFXI and dont ruin the game for people who genuinley care to help others.

Or just *** off and go play WoW.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-26 14:20:36  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
Gah, *** haaated those and you can see them coming a mile away if they decide to warm you up with idle chatter before the "SO HEY GOT THIS NM HERE NO FRIENDS THO ;_; LOL" stuff.
XD That made me lol.
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-26 14:26:45  
I've never really been used and taken advantage of, but that's mainly because I keep to myself (You don't talk to me, then I'm not going to bother talking to you). If you're having a hard time I'd suggest not having a linkshell at all. I've been without one for about 2+ years (dynamis ls only other). It's great being able to do what you want when you want. The downside is you will never get a lot of things. If you're okay with that then it's great. If you aren't willing to go without these things then I'm sorry to say you just kind of have to suck it up.
I got tired of *** and incompetence. Leaders making linkshells and then either switching servers or quitting or being just plain incompetent fools (or, all of the above!). I got tired of that nonsense, so I gave up on having a real linkshell.
If you have a few real friends to do things with it makes it a lot easier to have fun. Sadly, for me, a lot of my real friends have or are quitting the game. So, I might actually have to find a real linkshell again. Which will be hard for me cause I'm quiet and generally don't like 90% of the people I come into contact with.
/sadpanda!
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-26 14:28:04  
Siren.Agles said:
idk, but this sever really seems to suck. seems no matter what endgame ls i go to, i just endup being used and abused. i have even sold all my rdm gear and vailed to ever touch that job again. because it seems all i am with it, is someones tissue paper that can be tossed after wiping thier nose. idk, it be really seems no one cares about anything on this sever anymore, not even themselves. for me, its extreamly hard to get anywhere with anything. endgame, missions, quests, hell even getting an propper exp party isnt even possable anymore. im just getting sick of all this. why are people so mean and selfish. in the end, its better i keep to myself. if i stick my head out to try to do anything, all that seems to happen is i get hurt. well, just wanted to put my feelings on how things are going out there. hope someone out there cares to read it.

Red Mage + End Game = Headach
Red Mage + End Game + People you do not know well/trust = Suicide

Find a group that is good to you, life is full of drama, if there wasnt any drama from time to time think of how dull the world would be. Fact is you have one hi-demanding classes to be put in end-game, off the start you should know your job is one of the most stressful of all of them in the game. What I find is KEY in end-game is ventrillo if your shell uses it, try to get on it, normaly you can hear yourself getting screwed. Just take a break and start again.
 Caitsith.Himsa
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Himsa
By Caitsith.Himsa 2009-11-26 14:31:14  
lolllll
worst spelling ever
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8