フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Siren » sick of being pushed around
sick of being pushed around
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Alexander.Hasiano
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Hasiano
By Alexander.Hasiano 2009-11-26 14:32:17  
the social shell i'm in gets new members almost every week, a couple of guys that joined have had my help alot, with AF quests, level cap quests, missions and such, i help them out when i can, one is just about to take on maat, so i try to give advice and and gear help i can as i've been in that situation, alot of people have helped me the same way so its only right i help those poeple and others back. only endgame i do is sky, dynamis and einherjar. someone did invite me to join a HNMLS but i didnt want to get into that scene. Agles, i know how you feel, i'm almost always wanted on my whm for sky, but my leader does allow members to come different jobs, dyna/einherjar leader says what type of job is needed at the time and i try to do my best on that job. in the end, its up to you what you wanna do on this game, its here to have fun and enjoy yourself, but like people have said, some forget its a game and take it too seriously.

sorry about text wall, but thats what i think.
 Sylph.Megumii
サーバ: Sylph
user: Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 14:34:27  
Caitsith.Himsa said:
lolllll
worst spelling ever
lolllll
worst input to thread ever
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-26 14:37:02  
Caitsith.Himsa said:
lolllll worst spelling ever
If you want to be a spelling nazi, then it would be "Laugh out loud, Worst spelling ever."

Really, life is to short to give two shits about this. >.>;
[+]
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 14:38:13  
Ignore the trolls, your giving them what they want by replying to it.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkovercast
By Phoenix.Darkovercast 2009-11-26 14:39:20  
Kujata.Thevenominside said:
Ignore the trolls, your giving them what they want by replying to it.
True, I just put gas on a fire, and passed someone matches... {Run Away!}
By Dreamriver 2009-11-26 14:41:46  
If the game is getting to you Agles take a break for awhile and come back refreshed, wouldnt hurt ;)
[+]
By Aena 2009-11-26 14:43:54  
If I ask you to come RDM to an event and your only other jobs are SAM and DNC, it's because I already have stronger SAMs or WARs available, and I have 0 use for a DNC whatsoever.

Melees are a dime a dozen and EG shells pick their strongest for melee to events because they want the job done efficiently. Domaru SAMs can gtfo.

Selling off your RDM gear is a stupidly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing to do if that's your only mage job, because lets face it, with your current gear on SAM, that is a job that is not going to see any action in any endgame activity and perform decently.
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-26 14:47:30  
I would ignore everyone posting HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE *** comments such as quitting the game just because you feel this way.

Siren is in an interesting place when it comes to linkshells.... the only ones with huge amounts of members ARE the endgames, every other social LS typically has 3-10 members max and are often empty which leaves most people unable to organize events easily.

Hardcore Endgame Shells:
Validus
IIIeXodusIII (new shell with former RocDynasty members and people transferring from hades)

Moderate Shells:
HappyEnding
ArtificialStupidity
GreenApples
Legionz
CritHappens

I myself enjoy drama free environments as well as the freedom to come whatever job i have gear for.

I recently tried out IIIeXodusIII but they turned out to be exactly as i figured, i was asked to level RNG to 75 specifically for sandworm just because i have all jobs 66. In my app i specifically told them i only had gear for WHM BLM SCH, and on the third day i was bitched at to get on my 75 NIN without any gear at all since i refused to try and hold sandworm as a 66 naked ranger (as if i actually *** could).

In a 5 hour period of camping sandworm i also was awarded a whopping 0.25 points. You may wonder of my sarcasm as it requires 60 points to lot most *good* sandworm drops (if not more).

I too am tired of greedy shells with no sense of reality or understanding that this is a video game and that we play to escape college/work as i do.

I'm in the process of trying to merge my small 3-4 man LS with another guy's 3-4 man LS and starting up another epic website project.

http://www.imperiumls.com <-- (my website design skills are hax :P)

Anyways play the game and do/level things you enjoy. If someone treats you like ***or oversteps boundaries simply hit the door and don't look back.

Once we can finally roll the ball and start sky/salvage (sky mostly for bank purposes) we will see what we can do, just send me a /tell in game.

I'm one of the few people with a Maat's cap who actually still has a soul and personality enough to qualify me as still having a life (somehow) :P
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 14:47:35  
Aena said:
If I ask you to come RDM to an event and your only other jobs are SAM and DNC, it's because I already have stronger SAMs or WARs available, and I have 0 use for a DNC whatsoever.

Melees are a dime a dozen and EG shells pick their strongest for melee to events because they want the job done efficiently. Domaru SAMs can gtfo.

Selling off your RDM gear is a stupidly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing to do if that's your only mage job, because lets face it, with your current gear on SAM, that is a job that is not going to see any action in any endgame activity and perform decently.

Congratulations you fail on the point she was making. It's not that she didn't want to play RDM, it's that she didn't want to be treated like dirt in the process. You've pretty much summed up your whole attitude in one post and I'm glad I'm not in your linkshell cause I'd feel like pissing on your moogle just to make your mog house stink.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-26 14:49:52  
Aena said:
If I ask you to come RDM to an event and your only other jobs are SAM and DNC, it's because I already have stronger SAMs or WARs available, and I have 0 use for a DNC whatsoever. Melees are a dime a dozen and EG shells pick their strongest for melee to events because they want the job done efficiently. Domaru SAMs can gtfo. Selling off your RDM gear is a stupidly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE thing to do if that's your only mage job, because lets face it, with your current gear on SAM, that is a job that is not going to see any action in any endgame activity and perform decently.

..but I have to agree with Megumii.
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 14:50:44  
Gilgamesh.Tallulah said:

This ***just got real!
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2009-11-26 14:53:43  
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job? Seriously its like Oh no you don't have all of the gear that we want or you don't perform like I think you should so you're fired. Game =/= Job. Hate to say it but most people who run EG LS are going to act like a "boss" and you are the freshly hired and easily expendable "employee"
[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 14:55:42  
Sylph.Megumii said:
Aena said:

Congratulations you fail on the point she was making. It's not that she didn't want to play RDM, it's that she didn't want to be treated like dirt in the process. You've pretty much summed up your whole attitude in one post and I'm glad I'm not in your linkshell cause I'd feel like pissing on your moogle just to make your mog house stink.

And i agree, i got the feeling your nothing but an ignorant leecher who will do anything to get the drops they want.

Anyone who had half a personality would realise this is a game and that if their members were not having fun that you would try and rectify this.

I second this, im glad im not in your shell.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 14:57:26  
Remora.Dubont said:
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job? Seriously its like Oh no you don't have all of the gear that we want or you don't perform like I think you should so you're fired. Game =/= Job. Hate to say it but most people who run EG LS are going to act like a "boss" and you are the freshly hired and easily expendable "employee"

Not when you arnt getting paid.

No one has the right to tell any other person what they should be doing in this game.
Quote:
In a 5 hour period of camping sandworm i also was awarded a whopping 0.25 points. You may wonder of my sarcasm as it requires 60 points to lot most *good* sandworm drops (if not more).

Basically why i dont do endgame unless its with friends.

Lots of work for miminal reward, its like going to a job and not getting paid.

Except this isnt a job but a game.

Bahamut.Aena
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Riee
By Bahamut.Aena 2009-11-26 14:59:26  
Remora.Dubont said:

No one has the right to tell any other person what they should be doing in this game.

"Don't stand behind Fafnir and nuke"

Yeah you're right, I have no right to tell anyone that, ever.
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:01:07  
Bahamut.Aena said:
Remora.Dubont said:

You're right you don't. But you could make a suggestion in a polite way. :)
[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:01:07  
Bahamut.Aena said:
Remora.Dubont said:

I call Player warning.

But i think all of the forum has seen your true colours via minimal posts.

Avoid like the plague.
[+]
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:02:05  
Bahamut.Aena said:
Remora.Dubont said:

I call Player warning.

Avoid like the plague.

I second this.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-11-26 15:03:13  
Sylph.Megumii said:
Bahamut.Aena said:
Remora.Dubont said:

I call Player warning.

Avoid like the plague.

I second this.

I lol'd
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-11-26 15:05:17  
It is possible to be a leader and not be a total jerkoff. However, in my experience these people are few and far between. This is for EG linkshells in my opinion (most lower level linkshells don't have the stress or drama).
For every fantastic, helpful, and nice leader there are at least 3 who are totals *** (*** is putting it mildly). Maybe more on some servers.
It's hard to find your niche in this game at times, but if you aren't having fun you should try something else in game. I'm confident there is a good group of people on your server, like Clinpachi seems to be above, but it may be hard to find them.
I hope you can find them. Once you do you can build on it and perhaps start doing the things you want to do with a new group who aren't jerks.
[+]
 Asura.Cyssero
サーバ: Asura
user: Miliani85
By Asura.Cyssero 2009-11-26 15:05:54  
Remora.Dubont said:
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job?

The moment you had to submit an application to the linkshell.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-26 15:07:13  
I love playing RDM, but I think anyone that has to go RDM to endgame events knows how it feels. RDM is a very demanding job, and if that isn't enough, you have your endgame LS leaders demanding that you do everything flawlessly the second that they expect you to do it. They will use you just because they're too lazy to go RDM and do it themselves a lot of the time. I know in one of the Endgame Linkshells I had, every single sackholder except maybe one had RDM 75, but did any of them ever go as the job? No.
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:09:19  
Asura.Cyssero said:
Remora.Dubont said:
Since when did FFXI the video game = RL internship type job?

The moment you had to submit an application to the linkshell.

And have an interview to join.

The worst thing about end game shells like that is they're WORSE than a RL job because they don't understand that when you're ill you can't come and hit a giant purple monster. Also a shell I was in thought it was totally acceptable to ask me to skip my RL work to come to an event. Suuuuuuure.

[+]
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:09:47  
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:
I love playing RDM, but I think anyone that has to go RDM to endgame events knows how it feels. RDM is a very demanding job, and if that isn't enough, you have your endgame LS leaders demanding that you do everything flawlessly the second that they expect you to do it. They will use you just because they're too lazy to go RDM and do it themselves a lot of the time. I know in one of the Endgame Linkshells I had, every single sackholder except maybe one had RDM 75, but did any of them ever go as the job? No.

Minimal effort and lazy but bossy attitude, and people put up with this while they rake in the gear?

Something not right with that at all.
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:10:28  
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:

Yeah and they always say it's because they're "needed" more on one of their other jobs. (One where they just put it on auto attack and go and make some coffee.)
 Gilgamesh.Mairah
user: Mairah
By Gilgamesh.Mairah 2009-11-26 15:11:44  
Sylph.Megumii said:
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:

Yeah and they always say it's because they're "needed" more on one of their other jobs. (One where they just put it on auto attack and go and make some coffee.)

Its true LOL
 Sylph.Megumii
By Sylph.Megumii 2009-11-26 15:12:43  
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:
Sylph.Megumii said:
Gilgamesh.Mairah said:

Its true LOL

Seriously, the worst leaders are the ones who think that leaders delegate and don't actually lead themselves.
 Sylph.Beelshamen
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2009-11-26 15:17:04  
Sylph.Megumii said:
Seriously, the worst leaders are the ones who think that leaders delegate and don't actually lead themselves.

I'm going to give you a firm pat on the shoulder. It seems.. you have experienced a lot of unpleasant... situations.

Phoenix.Darkodin
user: Darkodin
By Phoenix.Darkodin 2009-11-26 15:18:28  
Remora.Dubont said:
^this xD
This is why i always get tired of endgame so easily, it feels EXACTLY like going to work xD. Doing stuff with my small social LS was much more fun, till a lot of them quit and i'm now bored as hell XD.
By Kujata.Thevenominside 2009-11-26 15:18:57  
Sylph.Beelshamen said:
Sylph.Megumii said:

I'm going to give you a firm pat on the shoulder. It seems.. you have experienced a lot of unpleasant... situations.

I think anyone who has posted without being ignorant has had run ins like this.

But im actually concerned with how many people put up with it and how people can post thinking its alright to have an attitude.

Totally blows.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8