NASA Discovers Water On The Moon

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » NASA discovers water on the moon
NASA discovers water on the moon
First Page 2
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2009-11-13 15:02:32  
www.washingtonpost.com

Abstract:
Washington.Post said:
Water on the moon, once a wild conjecture, appears to have become an established fact. Jubilant NASA scientists announced Friday that they had found the tell-tale signs of significant quantities of water, in the form of ice and vapor, lurking in a shadowed crater at the moon's south poll.
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:04:13  
Sweets, maybe now you won't have to use that urine to water converter in the future~
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-11-13 15:06:57  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Sweets, maybe now you won't have to use that urine to water converter in the future~
The moon doesn't have weather or naturally running water as found on Earth. Waste water will still have to be collected and sanatized for being reused. Maybe you won't be as hard pressed like needing to piss into a filtration bottle and then drink what comes out... but it'll be the same thing. Finding water and finding a large abundance of water are two different things.
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-13 15:12:11  
One step closer to colonizing the moon. Now the only questions I have left is how much would satelite(sp?) internet be a month and would I still have XBL so I can keep playing with friends/family on earth?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:15:06  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
Siren.Clinpachi said:
The moon doesn't have weather or naturally running water as found on Earth. Waste water will still have to be collected and sanatized for being reused. Maybe you won't be as hard pressed like needing to piss into a filtration bottle and then drink what comes out... but it'll be the same thing. Finding water and finding a large abundance of water are two different things.
Lol i was totally kidding it's not like i envisioned a river on the moon suddenly XD.
 Fairy.Disc
サーバ: Fairy
user: disc
By Fairy.Disc 2009-11-13 15:16:57  
I thought NASA was shut down?
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:20:15  
Fairy.Disc said:
Huh? they just had a billion canceled launches due to ridiculously scientific reasons such as a butterfly obstructing the trajectory.

But no... NASA was not shut down lol. Come back in 20 years when NASA accidentally bombs the sun and causes it to fizzle. At that point NASA will be banned from space lol.
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
サーバ: Ramuh
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-11-13 15:21:57  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fairy.Disc said:
Huh? they just had a billion canceled launches due to ridiculously scientific reasons such as a butterfly obstructing the trajectory. But no... NASA was not shut down lol. Come back in 20 years when NASA accidentally bombs the sun and causes it to fizzle. At that point NASA will be banned from space lol.

Think it would be more like cloning the sun to make an attempt at creating an alternative fuel source.
 Siren.Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-13 15:39:16  
That just sounds like a problem waiting to happen lol.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2009-11-13 15:43:30  
Siren.Clinpachi said:
Fairy.Disc said:
Huh? they just had a billion canceled launches due to ridiculously scientific reasons such as a butterfly obstructing the trajectory.

But no... NASA was not shut down lol. Come back in 20 years when NASA accidentally bombs the sun and causes it to fizzle. At that point NASA will be banned from space lol.

whoosh...
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
サーバ: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-13 17:24:03  
I DEMAND MOON WATER.

I am sooo banking off of Moon Water. It was originally discovered by wild horses in North America, but they mysteriously disappeared. All we found were Unicor--OH *********.
[+]
By Psyence 2009-11-13 17:33:02  
Fairy.Disc said:

This guy is talking about the claiming bot obviously lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2009-11-14 02:42:30  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I DEMAND MOON WATER.

I am sooo banking off of Moon Water. It was originally discovered by wild horses in North America, but they mysteriously disappeared. All we found were Unicor--OH *********.
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD I lol'd so hard irl.
[+]
By futchy 2009-11-14 02:48:25  
Water is the #1 most abundant material in the universe, the building block of life makes its way to the planets and moons by meteor fragments made of mostly ice. They crash into objects in space and melt making water.

Moral: WE ARE ALL DRINKING SPACE WATER!!!
 Fairy.Maruraba
サーバ: Fairy
user: Maruraba
By Fairy.Maruraba 2009-11-14 06:10:46  
futchy said:
Water is the #1 most abundant material in the universe

Hydrogen would like a word with you.

Also dark matter (when we can find it).
 Remora.Veroandi
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Veroandi 2009-11-14 06:45:27  
I thought NASA found ancient alien ruins on moon.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=moon+tower&search_type=
[+]
By Deltino 2009-11-14 07:48:35  
Fairy.Maruraba said:
futchy said:
Water is the #1 most abundant material in the universe
Hydrogen would like a word with you. Also dark matter (when we can find it).

we have found dark matter. Dark matter is all the space between stars planets everything. basically which is also the cause of why the universe is actually speeding up away from everything else instead of slowing down.
 Remora.Veroandi
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Veroandi 2009-11-14 08:05:16  
Look at this video, are those real ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vv41yHto4U
[+]
 Garuda.Feifongwong
By Garuda.Feifongwong 2009-11-14 09:38:21  
We have not found dark matter. It's a theory, but it has not been physically seen.
 Gilgamesh.Bali
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: jogara
By Gilgamesh.Bali 2009-11-14 10:07:27  
Pretty sure it was India that discovered the water on the moon not NASA.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Miimii
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Miimii
By Carbuncle.Miimii 2009-11-14 11:33:37  
Omg! They found water! This is sooooo worth the billions of dollars that have been spent! This means that there may have been life on the moon eons ago! And what that does for us is... gives us another pointless hunch!

Search for water just to please our curiousity: Check (100 billion justified)
Search for previous life forms to further ease our pointless curiousity: (100 billion to be spent)

Someone should release a "Most expensive, pointless facts"

NASA would probably be on top. Besides satellites what has been accomplished out there?

They've found aliens. Why else say "we've found water" as if it's important? For all we know, someone left a bottle of water in a crater and that's the water they found. Either that or they found my stash of dark matter i was waiting to sell after the great war of 2012... I didn't say that. You don't know about my dark matter or my time machine... /stare <run away>
 Unicorn.Excesspain
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Excesspain 2009-11-14 11:42:27  
Drill the moon for oil now!
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 11:43:18  
Carbuncle.Miimii said:
Omg! They found water! This is sooooo worth the billions of dollars that have been spent! This means that there may have been life on the moon eons ago! And what that does for us is... gives us another pointless hunch!

Search for previous life forms to further ease our pointless curiousity: (100 billion to be spent)

NASA would probably be on top. Besides satellites what has been accomplished out there?

They've found aliens. Why else say "we've found water" as if it's important? For all we know, someone left a bottle of water in a crater and that's the water they found. Either that or they found my stash of dark matter i was waiting to sell after the great war of 2012... I didn't say that. You don't know about my dark matter or my time machine... /stare <run away=""></run>

Meh. With this attitude, we wouldn't have half the technologies we have now.
[+]
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-11-14 11:44:37  
Carbuncle.Miimii said:

They've found aliens. Why else say "we've found water" as if it's important? For all we know, someone left a bottle of water in a crater and that's the water they found. Either that or they found my stash of dark matter i was waiting to sell after the great war of 2012... I didn't say that. You don't know about my dark matter or my time machine... /stare <run away=""></run>

Someones a bit negative aren't they.

Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-14 12:03:51  
Carbuncle.Miimii said:

I'm with this. With all the problems in the world, finding water on some puny lump of rock... Big whoop.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-14 12:04:58  
There's always the chance that they discovered the water evidence while looking for something else at the same time, no? >_>; Such Debbie Downers.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 12:08:29  
I can't understand how anyone could describe space exploration as pointless curiosity.
[+]
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-11-14 12:11:25  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I can't understand how anyone could describe space exploration as pointless curiosity.

I don't believe it to be pointless, but there are many things that should be a higher priority. Although it's my hope we eventually create super-warriors and wage war over the universe. (been reading the horus heresy books again recently.. I'm hoping this is what happens.)
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 12:13:12  
Carbuncle.Miimii said:
[+]
 Hades.Hatekhaos
サーバ: Hades
user: hatekhaos
By Hades.Hatekhaos 2009-11-14 13:47:08  
Now they are checking for life on UrAnus
First Page 2