NASA Discovers Water On The Moon

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » NASA discovers water on the moon
NASA discovers water on the moon
 Siren.Clinpachi
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-11-14 13:55:37  
I don't honestly think of it being a waste of money at all, research and development has been happening all our lives, NASA is just doing the best they have with as primitive technology as we have at this time to do the jobs required.

All the money in the world from NASA still wouldn't fix world hunger or peace as if any of you actually cared for that.

People just have to find something to *** about lol.
By futchy 2009-11-14 13:58:34  
Dark matter is currently a theory, we have not found it.

Its a theory just like string theory(the current #1 theory of everything). And yes hydrogen, but since its clear that us humans breathe oxygen i said "water" since hydrogen + oxygen = water lol

Some water is already formed from old dead frozen planets that other objects interact with them and fragments of them (i forget the technical term) but its basically blue meteors rain to other planets. Thats what i was talking about, not hydrogen trapped in rocks that come in meteors to earth.
 Seraph.Greyfin
サーバ: Seraph
user: Greyfin
By Seraph.Greyfin 2009-11-14 14:01:22  
There is no point in trying to solve the problems on this planet, as a race we always strive to move forward. The weak are left behind to die and rot away.
It has always been that way.
NASA should continue to explore, it's what us humans have always done, explored. As they continue to progress in technology our reach of the universe becomes even greater, yet there will always still be people suffering on the planet, why? Because it's most likely their governments own fault, or fault of their own.

Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-11-14 14:30:40  
Never know, somewhere out there there may be a microbe that can cure cancer or AIDs or some other disease.

or maybe theres a better energy source.

or maybe we could terraform a planet to make it habitable for panda bears and bring there numbers back from near extinction!

I think space exploration is great personally! Though it saddens me that between the 1960s and now we've progressed none and the US is going to have to depend on Russia mainly for space travel here soon due to cutbacks. I guess while it can seem like a waste currently to throw stuff into space, they're not tossing as much money as Im sure NASA would love to due to there not being much interest in space anymore. You can see how desperately NASA is trying to get people interested in space exploration again like they used to be..and alot of us just dont really care due to problems here at home.

Theres just never a great time to spend money on space anymore, which is sad because I think we could easily have the technology to build really cool things.
 Seraph.Caiyuo
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-14 14:52:08  
Kujata.Daus said:
Never know, somewhere out there there may be a microbe that can cure cancer or AIDs or some other disease.

or maybe theres a better energy source.

or maybe we could terraform a planet to make it habitable for panda bears and bring there numbers back from near extinction!
Such as moon water, moon water and moon water. Thank you for backing this excursion.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 14:54:01  
I bet when Alexander Bell was working on transmitting sound as electrical impulses down a wire, everyone told him his pointless curiosity was wasting money.

Look at how important telephones and transmitting data over wires is nowadays.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-14 14:59:27  
I require more examples.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 15:01:52  
Seraph.Caiyuo said:
I require more examples.

Give me ten minutes to finish Dynamis and I'll see what I can do!
 Siren.Serik
サーバ: Siren
user: Serik
By Siren.Serik 2009-11-14 15:18:53  
Why bother with examples? This is how we progress as a human race. The same concept has repeated itself throughout history-we explore, we find, we explore more. Do you think the early explorers should have just stared out into the ocean forever wondering what else was out there?

Finding water on the moon may seem insignificant. But if it leads to colonization and telescopes on the moon, and then to other discoveries beyond this, I think it will have earned its justification.
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-11-14 16:03:05  
I'm actually a fan of spacin' exploration (I live there, in fact) but I can easily understand the counter-argument for it given the amount of money involved and the possible earthly things that could be done with it that would affect us more directly. I'm not really sure where I stand on the matter personally since I wouldn't want to see NASA stop making discoveries.
 Pandemonium.Silvaria
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Silvaria 2009-11-14 16:46:16  
NASA is not the huge money-sucking bureaucracy that people seem to think it is. It's accounts for between .5% and 1% of the entire national budget...taxpayers spend more on fast food than they spend on space exploration.

A lot of people don't seem to recognize the contributions that NASA has made to society. You can thank NASA for your cell phone and the GPS in your car. Most importantly, they have advanced medical technology greatly over the years. Fifteen cents a day is a small price to pay for the things NASA has given us that make our lives more comfortable. 8)
[+]
 Remora.Tiddlypeep
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Tiddlypeep 2009-11-14 17:24:03  
Garuda.Wooooodum said:
I bet when Alexander Bell was working on transmitting sound as electrical impulses down a wire, everyone told him his pointless curiosity was wasting money.

Look at how important telephones and transmitting data over wires is nowadays.

Bell didnt invent the telephone, Innocenzo Manzetti did, Bell just patented it first
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-14 17:25:39  
Remora.Tiddlypeep said:
Bell didnt invent the telephone, Innocenzo Manzetti did, Bell just patented it first

That was hardly the point.
[+]
By xavierbhlee 2009-11-15 02:37:18  
VENUS UFO BASE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zqFnqDJykA
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 02:51:35  
And Thomas Edison didn't invent the light bulb, or anything else for that matter, he as just really *** good at stealing ideas and beating people to the claims office.
 Shiva.Clowdd
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Clowdd 2009-11-15 04:42:26  
Carbuncle.Miimii said:
Omg! They found water! This is sooooo worth the billions of dollars that have been spent! This means that there may have been life on the moon eons ago! And what that does for us is... gives us another pointless hunch!

Search for water just to please our curiousity: Check (100 billion justified)
Search for previous life forms to further ease our pointless curiousity: (100 billion to be spent)

Someone should release a "Most expensive, pointless facts"

NASA would probably be on top. Besides satellites what has been accomplished out there?

They've found aliens. Why else say "we've found water" as if it's important? For all we know, someone left a bottle of water in a crater and that's the water they found. Either that or they found my stash of dark matter i was waiting to sell after the great war of 2012... I didn't say that. You don't know about my dark matter or my time machine... /stare <run away=""></run>

Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2009-11-15 05:21:17  
NASA "finding" water on the moon? They found it decades ago, that's why there are ALREADY bases on the moon and have been for years. The fact they are only announcing it now means that they are leading up to a much bigger announcement in the next 5-10 yrs.

Get ready for their next one:

"NASA Confirms that extra-terrestrials are real!!"

zOMG, you're kidding? If I hadn't been living under a giant pile of fast-food, video games, and DVD's maybe I would have known sooner!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-11-15 05:38:03  
It's a conspiracy! IT'S THE THIRD REICH!
[+]
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2009-12-05 00:17:14  
Bomb first, search for water later.
[+]
 Fenrir.Empedocles
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Empedocles 2009-12-05 06:09:30  
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-05 07:32:17  
you guys are completely forgetting the most crucial part of that whole moon bombing broadcast:

[+]