Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2009-12-10 09:10:31  
Hate to reply so late, but regardless:

Midgardsormr.Echion said:
Umm got a prob with having 5/5 recycle?

Promoting recycle just for the sake of saving gil doesn't make it any better; show flashy and stealth shot some love. All I'm pointing out is your blind logic with your original post I targeted for obvious reasons.

Diabolos.Sovereign said:
I like the parse, shows basically exactly what I was trying to convey.

I don't think you understand what I said there originally:
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
So to that end, you're right about not taking as much damage, that's for sure, but in reality you may as well call me a tank, because I'm purposely doing as much damage as I can (like all melee should be), and in-turn it keeps it off the rangers while I instead take the (majority of) hits for them.

Better me than them, in which case if I'm there, they get to abuse enmity all the more further for that fight. That, and this is specifically Ranger's strong suit of a fight, yet I'm still doing my own part.

To be exact, our tank party for that fight consists of: BRD BRD WHM RDM PLD SAM, so in reality, yes, it's bad to be hit, but somebody's got to take the role of punching bag for the fight, just like every other fight in FFXI, which I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that there isn't Ranger's strong suit. Even on bad days (rarely) where I eat more TP moves than I normally do on Ixion, the tank party mages are still +75% MP the entire time pretty much.
[+]
 Diabolos.Sovereign
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Galactus
By Diabolos.Sovereign 2009-12-10 10:55:06  
Ironguy said:
somebody's got to take the role of punching bag for the fight, just like every other fight in FFXI, which I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that there isn't Ranger's strong suit.

You do know that's not really Samurai's strong suit either, right? Don't even try to pull the Seigan/Third Eye tanking nonsense... any /NIN Ranger could do the exact same thing, and probably do it better if timed well thanks to the randomness of Seigan.

The idea you just described in the quote above is the SOLE REASON we have tank jobs at all, such as PLD. You'd be best off letting them do their job, so you can focus on yours.

In all honesty, a better strategy for you would have been to go /THF, build TP on surrounding mobs, and TA your PLD with all of your weaponskills. With how much damage you'd have done, you could have effectively raised the enmity level of your tank to a place where the Rangers would have a difficult time pulling hate anyway. (as this was apparantly your entire goal, keeping hate from the Rangers, with the "Better me than them" ideal). At the same time, this strategy would have kept your enmity at a manageable level, resulting in less damage taken overall, and thus creating less work for your mages.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Caitlin
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: goose11
By Carbuncle.Caitlin 2009-12-16 00:09:10  
Pandemonium.Vincentius said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Granted, I was assuming said RNG also has a Kclub, because if DRK gets one, why wouldn't RNG?

DRK: C- skill, caps at 220 at 75. Also has Souleater available to them, which provides 25 accuracy while active. Of course a DRK would only be using KC when that's up. Not to mention will likely have more accuracy in melee gear than a RNG.

RNG: E skill in club, caps at 200 at lv75. No JA to enhance melee accuracy.

You realize just in JA/JT's this puts it about 15 accuracy in DRK's favor right? No more talking out your *** Eternius.

you do realize rng gets +48 acc from job traits, so that actually puts it ahead of drk even with SE up. Maybe stop and think before you talk out your ***.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [49 days between previous and next post]
 Kujata.Tsuki
サーバ: Kujata
user: Tsuki
By Kujata.Tsuki 2010-02-03 02:16:14  
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:
Siren.Enternius said:
Granted, I was assuming said RNG also has a Kclub, because if DRK gets one, why wouldn't RNG?

DRK: C- skill, caps at 220 at 75. Also has Souleater available to them, which provides 25 accuracy while active. Of course a DRK would only be using KC when that's up. Not to mention will likely have more accuracy in melee gear than a RNG.

RNG: E skill in club, caps at 200 at lv75. No JA to enhance melee accuracy.

You realize just in JA/JT's this puts it about 15 accuracy in DRK's favor right? No more talking out your *** Eternius.

you do realize rng gets 48 acc from job traits, so that actually puts it ahead of drk even with SE up. Maybe stop and think before you talk out your ***.

What the *** is this ***retard. Drks club skill caps 20 levels higher than ranger, giving it 38 accuracy just for those 20 skill levels merit. adding souleater for the extra 25 and and yeah. math is hard. gtfo.
[+]
 Kujata.Tsuki
user: Tsuki
By Kujata.Tsuki 2010-02-03 02:17:58  
oops sorry necro :(
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-03 12:57:21  
ok so 53 vs 48.... so what?
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2010-02-03 13:18:56  
20 higher skill levels = a little less than +20 accuracy. I have no idea where +38 accuracy is coming from. You're wrong if you think 20 skill levels = +38 accuracy, not even close. Souleater adds another 25 so you get a total of +45 accuracy over ranger without counting accuracy bonus job trait. Counting accuracy bonus job trait, ranger gets +48 accuracy. 48-45 isssss 3! Ranger has 3 more accuracy than drk with a kraken club using souleater, which is not even really that noticeable. However, any ranger that actually uses a kraken club in a zerg is a *** moron. So why this is even being discussed is beyond me. Sell your kc and buy something more useful, unless, of course, your entire FFXI experience consists of slug shotting colibris.
 Bismarck.Maxse
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-02-03 13:38:13  
Kujata.Tsuki said:
Carbuncle.Caitlin said:
Siren.Enternius said:
DRK: C- skill, caps at 220 at 75. Also has Souleater available to them, which provides 25 accuracy while active. Of course a DRK would only be using KC when that's up. Not to mention will likely have more accuracy in melee gear than a RNG. RNG: E skill in club, caps at 200 at lv75. No JA to enhance melee accuracy. You realize just in JA/JT's this puts it about 15 accuracy in DRK's favor right? No more talking out your *** Eternius.
you do realize rng gets 48 acc from job traits, so that actually puts it ahead of drk even with SE up. Maybe stop and think before you talk out your ***.
What the *** is this ***retard. Drks club skill caps 20 levels higher than ranger, giving it 38 accuracy just for those 20 skill levels merit. adding souleater for the extra 25 and and yeah. math is hard. gtfo.

20 skill - 20x .9 = 18 acc + 25 from souleater = 43 acc

vs

48 acc from ranger acc traits. so before you start being rude and call someone a retard everythign he said is true. I donno why you are bringing club merits into this at all for dark as if rng cant get them if they wanted to so that is moot.

#1 ranger gets more acc than dark even with SE up is true (48 is bigger than 43 if you are still confused)

#2 he was responding to vic saying that ranger has no JA/JT to increase melee acc which is grossly inaccurate its the most accurate job and thats fulltime.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-10 06:29:14  
Rng and drk can wear the exact same amount of haste as well (21%) however to do so the drk has to sacrifice alof of the +hp gear they would use to make SE worth it's weight, which additionally reduces their accuracy. (re: BQ ring/Blitz ring) w/o blitz, Rng can technically stack 1% more haste and still maintain its accuracy.
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-10 06:38:25  
if you're talking about zerging though, drg is a common sub for drk, which can cap it's haste. I don't see many rngs subbing drg in all honestly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-10 06:38:53  
Actually rng can wear 23% and drk can wear 22% not counting weapons or latents.

Both get to use walmart (5) speed (6) Dusk hands +1 (4), dusk feet +1 or homam for drk for more hp/acc (3), then for legs drk gets homam or ASA for (3) while rng gets kitty pants for (5) so now rng is 2 in the lead, and then drk gets blitz ring (1).

Though if they /drg can both hit 25+% with wyvern earring and maybe shield throw in.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-10 06:40:00  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't see many rngs subbing drg in all honestly.
I'd do it if I had kclub. Mostly for the extra haste but partly for the high jump to allow me to unload sooner and not die horribly. Well that and extra tp gain from jump/high jump especially if extra hits proc and wearing soemthing crazy like full cobra and other store tp
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-10 06:42:51  
and as far as acc goes. In a zerg done right, should never be an issue.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-10 06:49:09  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
and as far as acc goes. In a zerg done right, should never be an issue.
Lol true. Feint, 2-3 different brds soul voice buffing you souleater maybe even some dnc steps. Maybe even acc food that gives hp too.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-02-10 06:56:44  
@dasva yeah, i went with NQ dusk #'s, Hq is stupidly rare on Bis.

And i agree a zerg done right and acc shouldnt be an issue. at the same time, dont discount the

Slugwinder >> barrage >> slugwinder >> tp wing >> slugwinder >> eagle eye shot that a /war can do

or

Slugwinder >> barrage >> slugwinder >> Meditate + eagle eye shot >> slugwinder >> tp wing >> slugwinder assuming /sam.

Now thats to say that the mob doesnt have a BS stoneskin effect (re: cerb/hydra)

It's lol but i cranked out a little over 19k in about 1 min on behemoth in an F40 run one night thusly. I friggin LOVE drinks.
By Antonaki 2010-02-10 07:09:27  
RNG > DRK unless its a zerg and the DRK has a KC, if not then lolDRK.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-10 07:15:28  
As far as arrows go, I've always found a sam/rng can outzerg a rng/w/e if it comes to fully buffed zerged (2 of each song). w/ feitn and angon + double SV minuets,

Sek winder > winder > 2hr > winder > winder > winder, med > winder + w/e they're getting from soboro + haste build for additional winders
By Antonaki 2010-02-10 07:19:39  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
As far as arrows go, I've always found a sam/rng can outzerg a rng/w/e if it comes to fully buffed zerged (2 of each song). w/ feitn and angon double SV minuets,

Sek winder > winder > 2hr > winder > winder > winder, med > winder w/e they're getting from soboro haste build for additional winders

I have sam and rng but never played with sam/rng could sam land that many sidewinders without the need for more than just feint as an accuracy boost? i always thought the 240 skill cap would let them down.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-02-10 07:20:35  
Well if hitting isn't and issue and the mob has it's def lower enough and you are being buffed enough to hit caps on Ratio even without velocity shoot or that extra skill then all sam needs to do is fire off more winders or have more str/agi in there sidewinder set which isn't too hard to do.
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2010-02-10 07:23:58  
Antonaki said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
As far as arrows go, I've always found a sam/rng can outzerg a rng/w/e if it comes to fully buffed zerged (2 of each song). w/ feitn and angon double SV minuets,

Sek winder > winder > 2hr > winder > winder > winder, med > winder w/e they're getting from soboro haste build for additional winders

I have sam and rng but never played with sam/rng could sam land that many sidewinders without the need for more than just feint as an accuracy boost? i always thought the 240 skill cap would let them down.

Feint is 50% evasion down.

That means something that needed 450 accuracy to cap now only need 225.

240skill is over 225 acc before you account for stats/gear etc.

Even in a aggressive build a SAM/RNG will have over 300 acc which is enough to cap accuracy on any feinted mob in the game.

Yes feints effect wears off over time, but certainly you will land well over 80% of your winders.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-02-10 09:14:56  
Antonaki said:
RNG > DRK unless its a zerg and the DRK has a KC, if not then lolDRK.

against KC DRKs but pimp ones:

so a RNG can outdamage KC DRKs but it needs a little luck as well (like a full-hit-barrage f.e.)
 Pandemonium.Machiaveli
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2010-02-10 09:22:20  
Ill post again because its so awesome! OMG OMG OMG :D~!

necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [41 days between previous and next post]
By Unineko 2010-03-23 00:10:05  
Pandemonium.Machiaveli said:
Ill post again because its so awesome! OMG OMG OMG :D~!
Sweet! I used to insta-kill that statue in Xarcabard too. X3
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-23 00:15:50  
If only that weren't dynamis and 5% proc rate. SAM = best DD GG
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-23 00:17:35  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
I don't see many rngs subbing drg in all honestly.
I'd do it if I had kclub. Mostly for the extra haste but partly for the high jump to allow me to unload sooner and not die horribly. Well that and extra tp gain from jump/high jump especially if extra hits proc and wearing soemthing crazy like full cobra and other store tp

Didn't realise /DRG gave that job trait, will keep that in my mind
 Sylph.Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-03-23 01:52:50  
Actually I saw some interesting points made.

SAM, BLU, BLM, RNG, for example; are all capable of damaging Khimaira highly, it's just how they do it which makes them useful or not
 Unicorn.Rilu
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Rilu
By Unicorn.Rilu 2010-03-25 11:59:27  
Wow, didn't even know this was still an issue (sorry if this is still over played). thought i'd share a few Ixion Sidewinders with you. These were Rng/War and I have e-bow, using Kabura's for my WS (used PPA & Flashy Shot for my largest one). Most of these are only 2x Minuet - the two biggest were with Cor as well. I was using Coeurl Subs at this time as food - now I go with curry buns.

Ranged Attack is your friend :)

Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 06:34:46  
K, so I finally got to merit w/ a rng.

Set up was rng/war, sam/war, war/sam (i think idk if he was /sam or /nin), whm, cor, brd.

March march chaos corsair's roll. Rng got Pia min or w/e he told the brd to sing

Rng gear

TP (5hit)

WS

Barrage

I had hasso up approx 90% (no i don't use seigan in meripo :( just got lazy i guess forgot to rebuff it).

Rng had min IV, not sure about 3 if the brd was doing double pia or not.

Cor was slackin on his makin w/ rolls, (mainly evoker's) so only had haste the spell on me 70-75% of the time, where as the war had it maybe 80%ish, would have to ask Shad to double check his parse (this one is his parse, not mine).

http://docs.google.com/View?id=dg7ck8rx_9ghz6kfgq

Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-22 07:03:02  
Anyone that didn't see that coming is a god damned idiot. Ranger is as over rated as Samurai is over powered.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-22 07:06:12  
Well it peaked my interest. He posted a couple parses when testing that wep of him up vs an apoc drk/sam and topping the parse, so when I noticed he was on my server, I naturally sent him a /tell, asking to join the next party.