Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-11-09 16:45:28  
Ramuh.Rowland said:
Pandemonium.Treppe said:
Ramuh.Rowland said:
In the first paragraph you just said RNG is better because they don't require outside support to be amazing. Whereas other jobs need a bard and/or corsair.
ok who would you rather place your bet on, A race car with no Pit Crew, or another Race car with a great Pit Crew.
According to Disney's Cars, the race car with no Pit Crew would end up with a three way tie with SAM and DRG

Um wow just wow. Also depends on the car... idc how good the pit crew is that lolpup is still lol
 Pandemonium.Zatias
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Zatias
By Pandemonium.Zatias 2009-11-09 16:49:04  
Truth is most RNG don't gear themselves properly or even bother to buy the best ammo available to them. It's a job you really have to try your best in, with gil and in the field. Melee don't stand at a certain distance to do more/less damage. Melee don't have to perfectly time their attacks (RNG must time /ra) to do their best. Melee jobs can simply stand and bash away, doing decent damage...

As I am one of your LS's Treppe, I know you are not a RNG, so sorry, you honestly don't know what you are talking about.
[+]
 Bahamut.Revision
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Carbon4
By Bahamut.Revision 2009-11-09 16:57:17  
I view it in more simple terms. When your talking most melee jobs, if both players are adept and equipt in top gear for their job, your really not going to see a huge gap in damage either way.
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
サーバ: Siren
user: eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-11-09 17:04:04  
>_>

[+]
 Shiva.Demiomega
サーバ: Shiva
user: Demiomega
By Shiva.Demiomega 2009-11-09 17:11:13  
This post makes me /laugh ive tried and tried to keep out of these kinds of debates but.... you know brd/cor buffs are actually more effective then you think on rng but please, come to shiva and out DD me. you know why you dont get many rngs in here flaming this stuff? cuz we dont care! we know what we can do sure yes we cant beat a kclub drk but last i checked unless you royally suck you do more then 1 god or znm per 2 hours. PLEASE OH PLEASE FLAME ME!!!!!
 Pandemonium.Treppe
user: Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-11-10 07:18:19  
Pandemonium.Zatias said:
Truth is most RNG don't gear themselves properly or even bother to buy the best ammo available to them. It's a job you really have to try your best in, with gil and in the field. Melee don't stand at a certain distance to do more/less damage. Melee don't have to perfectly time their attacks (RNG must time /ra) to do their best. Melee jobs can simply stand and bash away, doing decent damage... As I am one of your LS's Treppe, I know you are not a RNG, so sorry, you honestly don't know what you are talking about.

i know dynamis doesnt count, no one goes all out 3 hour dynamis its a waste of gil.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-11-10 07:32:27  
Shiva.Demiomega said:
This post makes me /laugh ive tried and tried to keep out of these kinds of debates but.... you know brd/cor buffs are actually more effective then you think on rng but please, come to shiva and out DD me. you know why you dont get many rngs in here flaming this stuff? cuz we dont care! we know what we can do sure yes we cant beat a kclub drk but last i checked unless you royally suck you do more then 1 god or znm per 2 hours. PLEASE OH PLEASE FLAME ME!!!!!

FLAME ON!

TOASTY!!!!!

Pandemonium.Machiaveli
By Pandemonium.Machiaveli 2009-11-10 07:35:55  
http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=10229

Enough said :D RNG POWER!
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2009-11-10 07:52:05  
After the first page discussion the only thing i can add is i guess i only partied with gimped rng to this day.

I really doubt that <.<

My most recent experience with ranged was while leveling nin. I partied with many, and only a handful could outparse ME <.< There are many reason to that i guess, and perhaps equipment availability for those lvls would be the main issue?idk.
 Pandemonium.Treppe
By Pandemonium.Treppe 2009-11-10 08:09:12  
Anyone with half a brain can see that the POST was purely Bias and nothing more than a useless rant for the sake of ranting.

It was made to prove a point and win a bet with a co-worker.

Thank you for your replies made some good money off of it could not have done it without you.

Oh yeah i'll surely be on your server shortly so you can attempt to outparse me. Once at Bird camp then again at KRT so you can prove to the entire FFXI community that RNG rock donkey nuts.. ok i'll be there promise.

See you on the Battle Field
 Fairy.Laia
サーバ: Fairy
user: Laia
By Fairy.Laia 2009-11-10 08:22:56  
Pandemonium.Treppe said:
Anyone with half a brain can see that the POST was purely Bias and nothing more than a useless rant for the sake of ranting.

And the RNG Love. I always get the best warm feelings when reading solely about us RNGs. It like a rejuvinating energy! XD
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-11-12 15:37:03  
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 15:40:01  
Siren.Eagleeyes said:
[+]
 Siren.Eagleeyes
By Siren.Eagleeyes 2009-11-12 15:40:55  
Siren.Enternius said:
Siren.Eagleeyes said:

damn you Enternius!
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-12 15:44:04  
For those of you that don't know, that's {Eagle Eye Shot} missing with Sidewinder c.c
[+]
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2009-11-21 12:25:02  
Quote:
I don't know what type of rangers you've been playing with; either your ranger blows or theirs do. Nobody has ever come close to outparsing me on ranger even with buffs. And in terms of zerging. A ranger/warrior can easily outperform a kraken club drk. Done it many times and seen some crappy rngs do it as well. Either get better gear, learn how to play ranger, or stfu, thank you =).

Helel's gear kicks the hell out of mine, and even still, I can gurantee that 2 x march sams dont even come close me in a parse.
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-21 12:32:02  
Bismarck.Helel said:
I don't know what type of rangers you've been playing with; either your ranger blows or theirs do. Nobody has ever come close to outparsing me on ranger even with buffs. And in terms of zerging. A ranger/warrior can easily outperform a kraken club drk. Done it many times and seen some crappy rngs do it as well. Either get better gear, learn how to play ranger, or stfu, thank you =).
Bismarck.Helel said:
A ranger/warrior can easily outperform a kraken club drk. Done it many times and seen some crappy rngs do it as well.
Bismarck.Helel said:
outperform a kraken club drk.

lolwut
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 12:36:15  
I guess technically, if you consider that Kclub DRK can do ~20,000 damage in 30 seconds...But then sucks for the rest of the 2 hours...RNG would definitely outparse it.

Even in a time frame of 1 minute, and if DRK was still limited to that 20k, RNG/WAR can do more than 20k in 1 minute for a zerg.

Though in 30 seconds, I doubt it, unless they had an Annihilator or something.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 12:44:35  
"
I guess technically, if you consider that Kclub DRK can do ~20,000 damage in 30 seconds...But then sucks for the rest of the 2 hours...RNG would definitely outparse it."

No you swap from Kclub to top notch haste situation 2hander for the 2nd set of 30 seconds. KC drk doesn't just magically stop doing dmg after the 30 second mark.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-11-21 12:52:39  
I'm just saying theoretically, as stated in the original thesis. IF DRK was limited to Kraken Club, I wouldn't be surprised if a RNG could do more damage over a timespan of one minute.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-11-21 12:56:10  
Siren.Enternius said:
I'm just saying theoretically, as stated in the original thesis. IF DRK was limited to Kraken Club, I wouldn't be surprised if a RNG could do more damage over a timespan of one minute.
Situation should never happen, thus irrelevant. That's like saying ok the rng runs out of ammo after the 30 second mark! Who would win!
[+]
 Bahamut.Cyaan
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Cyaan
By Bahamut.Cyaan 2009-11-21 15:06:30  
Siren.Enternius said:
RNG/WAR can do more than 20k in 1 minute for a zerg.

on what? if you start with tp: ws > barrage > ws > ees and say you get 2 more ws through tp and 1 more via tp wing, which i think is pretty generous, thats 5 ws, a barrage and an ees. dont think thats going to add up to 20k unless you have a relic or your fighting birds
[+]
By Gawdless 2009-11-21 15:16:40  
Hmm. idk what kind of kc drks your ls is using but when i was kc drk i would break 40k in a 1minute timespawn,,, granted i had healers and mnk with mantra, drain2 before setting up zerg. idc what job you have you wont outdo a kcdrk in 1minute as long as he has the ***he needs.

oh btw a kc rng does some decent dmg but only in a merit pt. and even then the only dmg they do is ws. (granted it does nice dmg, i know cause i was also a kc rng) but rngs are beasts in the right end game situation.

and to Demiomega..yes my old end game ls did more than 1 hnm or kczergingfunNM per two hours,,,but we were a smart ls :D and had stuff like cors and use besieged to get back 2hours oh and that upper jeuno fighting thing >.> just had to dig for it. and it was rare that we did 2 or 3 fights that used a kcdrk..
 Fenrir.Takien
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Takien
By Fenrir.Takien 2009-11-21 15:17:55  
Not to mention a powerful 5hit RNG is doable now with Rose strap and Moogle Body. 5hit Ebow is pure sex, WS > 4hit > WS, 4 hit > ws!

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=108808 (TP)

http://www.ffxiah.com/item_sets.php?id=108809 (WS)

By Gawdless 2009-11-21 15:18:07  
Siren.Enternius said:

and thats assuming you don't lolmiss any of that. which sadly has happened to me >.>
By Gawdless 2009-11-21 15:24:02  
oh and i know this doesn't belong in this forum lol but i wonder if brd or cor will ever get a song/roll to inprove snapshot >.> (of course it wouldnt stack with haste) cause that would be hot
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-11-21 15:25:14  
In a full minute, KC DRK does something like on average 32k, it was posted on the forums a day or two ago. Then they switch to their scythe (and if you have a KC, there's a decent shot that you have Apoc too) and rape after that. If RNG could do so well in a zerg, you'd have LS's doing RNG burns instead of DRK burns.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-11-21 15:54:55  
Siren.Enternius said:

I'm as pro RNG as they come but without relic, we can't. :\

We can certainly come close to this, with four Minuets using Culverin +1 and Cannon Shells, possibly /SAM and swapping the Culverin out after the first couple of weapon skills... But we can't get to the level of a KC DRK assuming they have the relevant buffs.