First Page 2
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 03:52:48  
The first one was the great disaster.
The second the great *** up.

Third one with the only reward being 10k segments and the campaign being extra ambuscade seals is pretty lackluster. I know you'll do it, but will the goals be met with such mediocre rewards!?!?
VIP
By Lili 2024-10-07 04:25:14  
If the sortie reset is repetable and on a 60hrs timer, it's actually a pretty decent reward.

EDIT: nevermind, it's a crappy use-once key item.
[+]
By Kaffy 2024-10-07 05:05:38  
It'll succeed just like the last two, and you'll make sure we get updates several times a day again. The end.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Creaucent
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Creaucent
By Ragnarok.Creaucent 2024-10-07 05:11:26  
Wow you have to pick between 10k segs, case+1 and sortie KI.... thats *** dumb.
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-10-07 05:55:08  
It's ok to think SE is doing a bad job, but everything you post here is negative. Vanabout is just another biannual handout, expecting it to reward something game-changing is silly. There are probably some people who will do vanabout for the fun of it and be glad they ended up with the option to get 10k segments. It's not meant for endgamers to do in lieu of actual endgame.

Personally, I think it'll succeed or fail based on how annoying the objectives are, rather than the reward. People like having something to do.

Can you like, go to therapy? If you can't afford it, I'm sure there are enough other posters effected by your attitude that we could do a gofundme or something.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Stepth
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Stepth
By Lakshmi.Stepth 2024-10-07 07:20:10  
Wonder if we’ll get another top 10 title this time around.
[+]
 Asura.Hya
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2024-10-07 08:05:59  
I feel as though the Gold reward tier could still be better, but we also don't have all the information yet. The official website never lists the quantity of an item you can receive. Picking Alexandrite, for example, gives 198 of them, but nowhere is that made clear until you attempt to collect that reward.

One Old Case +1 sounds like a really ***reward, especially since it's still a randomized job with randomized augments that only has a small chance to be a +2, but if you get 20 Old Case +1s, that's certainly a better prospect.

Similarly, the 10,000 Moogle Segments item (the equivalent of roughly one full Sheol C run) may possibly award multiple Memos. 10,000 isn't a whole lot, but 30,000 is starting to get there.

Either way, I don't think that any of the personal rewards will help players more easily "reach endgame content" as the (likely) poorly translated statement claims.
Quote:
In addition to new objectives, we're planning an item that'll be available as a personal reward and makes it easier to reach the endgame content.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-07 08:14:08  
10k segments let you do three runs of Odyssey, which "helps you reach the endgame content". You're welcome.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-07 08:32:28  
They definitely missed the mark for rewards. I wonder if the participation numbers will be really bad this time around and if they will phone it in Special Task Force style. Quick! Put out a report that says we did our job adequately.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 08:48:57  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
They definitely missed the mark for rewards. I wonder if the participation numbers will be really bad this time around and if they will phone it in Special Task Force style. Quick! Put out a report that says we did our job adequately.

This is my point. I get (you'll)(the royal you, not the specific you, you) do it out of obligation, but what about the rest of yous.

It ain't a juicy carrot, and if you want a juicier carrot, you can't go for this one. It's how you got cornelia, the first failed so spectacularly they had to splash the pot.

Statistically less will do it than the previous, that's how it works. But how many less. Enough to juice the rewards? Enough to get cornelia back next round? Enough to make them see how bad they're doing at something that should be extremely easy?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-07 10:42:19  
Dodik said: »
10k segments let you do three runs of Odyssey, which "helps you reach the endgame content". You're welcome.

The ROE gives you 3 Moglophone II KIs, which is what may new players use to (buy) get a V0 clear for the gear. The problem with the ROE is they can only visit Gaol once if they beat a boss, because they require 3 KIs to even enter. Most new players barely have any segments to begin with, so unless they are doing 2-3 fights in one visit, they will only get one boss cleared and then can't enter until they farm more segs. Adding a 10k segment reward means people can clear a v0, exit, restock a KI, then repeat the process 3 times for a couple extra sets of gear without having to stop to farm segments or the need to clear multiple bosses in one visit.

Believe it or not, that 10k segment reward absolutely helps newer players reach endgame
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-10-07 10:50:04  
I remamber reading about vanabout on paper it looked soooo goood..
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-10-07 11:09:30  
Shiva.Thorny said: »
I think it'll succeed or fail based on how annoying the objectives are
This is the big kicker.
I know some people want to insist it was because "my queen Cornyface is the reward" completely ignoring the fact the objectives from VB1 involved doing 90++ minutes of Ambuscade every day.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 11:32:00  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

The ROE gives you 3 Moglophone II KIs, which is what may new players use to (buy) get a V0 clear for the gear. The problem with the ROE is they can only visit Gaol once if they beat a boss, because they require 3 KIs to even enter. Most new players barely have any segments to begin with, so unless they are doing 2-3 fights in one visit, they will only get one boss cleared and then can't enter until they farm more segs. Adding a 10k segment reward means people can clear a v0, exit, restock a KI, then repeat the process 3 times for a couple extra sets of gear without having to stop to farm segments or the need to clear multiple bosses in one visit.

Believe it or not, that 10k segment reward absolutely helps newer players reach endgame

It's disingenuous at best. 3 more tries at something you can't win, doesn't really help. Unless they're telling you it's ok to buy content. Which should not be the message.

proper "help" would be (impossible) But it would consist of teaching you TO fish, not giving you 3 free fish.

10k segments wont get a person who doesn't already use segments, to start earning segments and start trying to beat bosses. It in effect helps no one "get into" endgame.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-07 11:52:14  
Asura.Eiryl said: »
3 more tries at something you can't win, doesn't really help

I know the concept of helping others is completely foreign to you, but many people still help newer players get things done. The segments will help a newer player enter Gaol a few more times to get clears for some pieces of gear, which will in fact, "help" them by making them stronger.

Asura.Eiryl said: »
not giving you 3 free fish

The analogy I would use is they are giving players 3 free fishing rods, not fish. They still have to spend the segments on KIs and then kill the boss. Giving 3 free fish would be if they simply allowed players to buy the KI clear items from bosses and get gear directly. They aren't rewarding people with free gear, they are giving you the points to be able to enter the fights quicker than if you had to farm the segments yourself, which, if you win, gets you to the gear quicker. Again, this absolutely does "help newer players". It's not disingenuous at all.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-10-07 11:56:36  
Idk, I see a lot of newer players that go on segment farms but don't spend those segments on anything. "But hard", you might say, however, V0/V1 is solo-able with trusts just for unlocks.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-07 11:57:06  
How does giving 3 more phone II to someone who doesn't regularly already use them, get them to start using them.

They already "bought nyame" with their first 3. Getting gleti mpaca and bunzi moves the needle zero.

And they sure as *** aren't going to start climbing if they haven't by now.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-07 11:59:48  
But hard", you might say, but V0/V1 is solo-able with trusts just for unlocks.

Some of them are actually very hard even with trusts. I just wiped to a V0 Mboze last night because I forgot about Canopierce, and I have MM45 good gear otherwise. Xevioso V0 also took me into the yellow/red a couple of times on DNC. They aren't exactly pushovers, and i would not expect any newer players to be able to clear any of the T3s on V0. T1/2 are mostly easy enough to solo though.
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-07 12:24:07  
Man we pay monthly for this... crazy
By Dodik 2024-10-07 12:27:50  
No, you pay monthly to get your ***kicked in by a giant dragon-type creature.
[+]
 Bismarck.Nickeny
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Nickeny
By Bismarck.Nickeny 2024-10-07 12:42:24  
I usually have my ball gag on when we get ready for her - it helps my friends not listen to me complain either
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-10-07 14:30:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
But hard", you might say, but V0/V1 is solo-able with trusts just for unlocks.

Some of them are actually very hard even with trusts. I just wiped to a V0 Mboze last night because I forgot about Canopierce, and I have MM45 good gear otherwise. Xevioso V0 also took me into the yellow/red a couple of times on DNC. They aren't exactly pushovers, and i would not expect any newer players to be able to clear any of the T3s on V0. T1/2 are mostly easy enough to solo though.

Yeah it sucked before Sortie came out and gave away top tier gear. But now...less so.
By Shichishito 2024-10-07 14:59:51  
10k segments is neat, for me it's the equivalent of about a week of solo segment farming.
However I don't think it's anywhere near enough to be a big booster for odyssey participation. People will not suddenly get segment spend happy trying to help each other out or attempt more solos because of those extra 10k.
[+]
By Seun 2024-10-07 15:03:52  
however, V0/V1 is solo-able with trusts just for unlocks.

What is the purpose of doing V1 clear?
By Kaffy 2024-10-07 15:04:44  
Unlocks up to R15 augments.
[+]
By Seun 2024-10-07 15:08:11  
V0 clear unlocks R15 augments.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2024-10-07 15:11:22  
I think V0 only unlocks the gear to be buyable, or at least when Gaol was released, that's all it did. I recall some people saying they couldn't augment their gear after getting a V0 clear, and it was mentioned you need at least v1 clear to augment up to R15. Could have changed, but I recall it the same as Kaffy.
VIP
By Lili 2024-10-07 15:46:15  
V0 unlocks augments, provided that you have killed at least one NM at V1 or above. If all your clears are at V0, you won't have the ability to augment anything at all. Win a single V1, and you can augment all your gear to r15, provided you have the RP to do so.

(it also goes without saying that you won't have any RP to spend on augments until you enter at least a V1+ fight)
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-10-10 20:51:32  
Don't forget to wake up early and do day zero objectives

Gotta get that title you missed last time
 Fenrir.Zenion
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Zenion
By Fenrir.Zenion 2024-10-10 22:01:24  
Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm excited to get my free Abyssea trophies, dynamis hundredpiece, and mulcibar's scoria again. New rewards just aren't exciting enough to compete with that, maybe if we got to pick two prizes from one of the pools.

I wonder if we'll actually be able to clear the goal this time without a colossal screw-up giving out 500 points to everybody's mules.

(Edit to avoid double post.)
Asura.Hya said: »
Similarly, the 10,000 Moogle Segments item (the equivalent of roughly one full Sheol C run) may possibly award multiple Memos. 10,000 isn't a whole lot, but 30,000 is starting to get there.

Well, that would be lovely but it's not possible. Thanks to the monthly datamine we know that the item's flagged Rare, so we can't receive more than one of it as a prize.
First Page 2