How Could SE Realistically Improve Modern FFXI?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
How could SE realistically improve modern FFXI?
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24
 Asura.Saevel
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-25 11:51:40  
RadialArcana said: »
It's better to have something that is too hard to finish than too easy, unless you have lots of other things people can work on. This is why Mlev is the way it is, it's better for them and it's better for the players too.

That really depends on which life phase the player base is in. School kids or young adults with minimal social life, sure throw extra grind so they feel they have something to do. Mid 30 to 40 somethings, married with kids, careers and social lives, yeah they are just going to walk away. Most of the FFXI player base are now in that later category.

RadialArcana said: »
They messed this up during Abyssea and more people quit 1-2 years after that then anytime in the games history, I quit too cause I had nothing to work on.

Ehh .. it was the exact opposite. The release of Abyssea caused the greatest increase in player population since CoP. The content was fun, accessible and you could make moderate progress without dedicating your life to it.

The decline in the population had to do with Voidwatch being trash and FFXIV R2 becoming a smash hit. People who start to have limited playtime find it hard to play two MMO's at the same time and eventually one has to go.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-25 14:29:47  
If they start losing the RMTs, they should institute a Freelance system for ML50 jobs that includes a new Maat Cap.

You hit ML50 and you can do a new Maat fight(It will be solo, no subjob, and terrible). You get various bonuses for the job you cleared the fight on.

The first bonus is a job trait that is permanently on, something lower level but desirable that you get when you're not already benefiting from that trait. The numbers can be adjusted down to less than the first tier of a trait if they would be too strong.
Some jobs additionally give access to WSs that you normally need that job in order to use with the required skill level. You can either have all of them that you've cleared or a system where you can choose 1 at your first cleared job, 2 at your 11th, and 3 at your 22nd, because XI.

Examples:

The second thing you get is the job you used to clear the Maat fight added to the new Maat cap's wearable jobs. When you wear the Maat cap and open an old case or old case +1, the resulting earring will be the job that you are currently on. The Maat cap is obviously purple and gives movement speed +60% in sortie.

The last bonus you get is to max out the merit categories of that job. All the questionable carrots!
 Ragnarok.Zeig
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2024-05-26 02:24:24  
Asura.Saevel said: »
The release of Abyssea caused the greatest increase in player population since CoP. The content was fun, accessible and you could make moderate progress without dedicating your life to it.

The decline in the population had to do with Voidwatch being trash and FFXIV R2 becoming a smash hit. People who start to have limited playtime find it hard to play two MMO's at the same time and eventually one has to go.
That's exactly been my case. I had the most fun during Abyssea days (left in 2006 due to life commitments & came back in Dec 2010) because I could log in, get something done, and log out. It was certainly way more engaging than camping or grinding ***for hours.

I was always perplexed by players who complained about having nothing to do because they finished the content in the first week. Some players just want to play for 12 hours a day everyday for a year and never run out of "things to do".

Then after SoA release and The Great Reset™ I stayed till shortly before FFXIV 2.0 release. Came back for a month or so in 2016 to finish SoA and RoV and get my closure.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-26 09:17:47  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
If they start losing the RMTs, they should institute a Freelance system for ML50 jobs that includes a new Maat Cap.

You hit ML50 and you can do a new Maat fight(It will be solo, no subjob, and terrible). You get various bonuses for the job you cleared the fight on.

The first bonus is a job trait that is permanently on, something lower level but desirable that you get when you're not already benefiting from that trait. The numbers can be adjusted down to less than the first tier of a trait if they would be too strong.
Some jobs additionally give access to WSs that you normally need that job in order to use with the required skill level. You can either have all of them that you've cleared or a system where you can choose 1 at your first cleared job, 2 at your 11th, and 3 at your 22nd, because XI.

Examples:

The second thing you get is the job you used to clear the Maat fight added to the new Maat cap's wearable jobs. When you wear the Maat cap and open an old case or old case +1, the resulting earring will be the job that you are currently on. The Maat cap is obviously purple and gives movement speed +60% in sortie.

The last bonus you get is to max out the merit categories of that job. All the questionable carrots!

Meanwhile on Asura, yells require you to have at least ML50 WAR, SAM, DRK, MNK and RUN or you can't get into segment runs anymore.
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-26 09:19:27  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
If they start losing the RMTs,

Meanwhile on Asura, yells require you to have at least ML50 WAR, SAM, DRK, MNK and RUN or you can't get into segment runs anymore.

I bolded the important part
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2024-05-26 10:36:15  
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »
I was always perplexed by players who complained about having nothing to do because they finished the content in the first week. Some players just want to play for 12 hours a day everyday for a year and never run out of "things to do".

It boils down to people who have large amounts of free time and FFXI is the designated repository for that time. They are concern that if content is too accessible or "too easy" then they will consume it too fast and starve. It's a valid concern for an extreme edge case and the real answer is to find other things to spend free time on.
[+]
 Asura.Thunderjet
By Asura.Thunderjet 2024-05-26 13:11:51  
Asura.Saevel said: »
Ragnarok.Zeig said: »

It boils down to people who have large amounts of free time and FFXI is the designated repository for that time. They are concern that if content is too accessible or "too easy" then they will consume it too fast and starve. It's a valid concern for an extreme edge case and the real answer is to find other things to spend free time on.

Yes but it has been really bad these days to setup groups during ODD hours if you are not on NA timezone
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-26 16:46:09  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »
Yes but it has been really bad these days to setup groups during ODD hours if you are not on NA timezone

Woah woah woah, Asura is the coolest server ever, it's super populated and every other server is bad by comparison. How can this be?
[+]
By K123 2024-05-27 05:45:40  
DRK or MNK for segs ewwww
People only take RUN if they can't find PLD too
[+]
By K123 2024-05-27 05:46:36  
Asura.Thunderjet said: »

Woah woah woah, Asura is the coolest server ever, it's super populated and every other server is bad by comparison. How can this be?
Outside of NA times it is dead now too. The game is deader than it's ever been and has been deader every day for 3 months.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-27 09:59:38  
K123 said: »

You don't PLAY the DRG or MNK, you have to have it ML50 so you can get the bonuses from his proposal. You master all those jobs (and probably more) for the bonuses, no matter what you're playing.
By Banhammer 2024-05-27 13:53:10  
Stop making purple maze & guess a random thing to do to win mechanics. Simply awful.
[+]
By K123 2024-05-27 14:17:58  
K123 said: »

You don't PLAY the DRG or MNK, you have to have it ML50 so you can get the bonuses from his proposal. You master all those jobs (and probably more) for the bonuses, no matter what you're playing.
Wait, what?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-05-27 15:18:46  

Examples:
WAR - DA 5% and access to axe and great axe WSs
MNK - Martial Arts 1 and Hp boost 2
WHM - MDB 5% and access to club and staff magical WSs
BLM - MAB 10%
RDM - FC 5% and access to magical dagger and sword WSs
THF - Evasion bonus 2 and access to viper bite and shark bite
PLD - Shield Mastery 1 and access to swift blade
DRK - Occult Accumen 1 and Smite 1
BST - Tandem Strike 1, Tandem Blow 1, and widescan lvl +1
BRD - Resist Silence 1 and Fencer 1
RNG - Accuracy bonus 2 and access to all Ranged WSs including blast and heavy shot
SMN - The ability to gain MP per ML if you don't have native MP
SAM - Store TP 1
NIN - Dual Wield 1
DRG - Strafe 2 which works for pet m.acc and conserve tp 5%
BLU - Vorpal Blade and See Below*
COR - Rapid shot 15% and recycle 1
PUP - Resist Amnesia 1 and access to H2H WSs
DNC - Subtle Blow 1, SC bonus 4%, and dancing edge
SCH - Conserve MP 1
GEO - Cardinal Chant 1, Judgment, and Hexa Strike
RUN - Tenacity 1

*BLU gives access to any blue magic that can be learned with the 16 blue magic skill from merits and can set 4 spells with 5 points, to mimic cantrips. Yes cocoon is in there but m.eva is king now anyways and it could be nerfed when used without job/subjob.

Removed the spoiler tag. He's saying (I think) if you hit ML50 WAR, all your jobs get 5% DA.

My comment was that on Asura, you'd be required to have ML50 WAR, MNK, DRK, RUN, and SAM so you could get STP 1, DA 5%, HP boost 2, Tenacity, and Smite 1, even though you were actually playing COR.

Because Asura requires you to have 10 REMA to roll and hit wild card.
By Dodik 2024-05-27 15:20:52  
What. Asura seems even crazier than humanly possible.

Also, no.
 Phoenix.Iocus
By Phoenix.Iocus 2024-05-27 16:50:33  
How about the ability to sell stuff out of your inventory at your current region's fame without going to an NPC so we can convert garbage to minimal gil with the same amount of clicks as it does to throw them away?

And yes the implication of my torturous system was to force people have to multiple or even all jobs to max MLs was a joke for what they will realistically do if they start losing the RMT subscriber base.
[+]
By K123 2024-05-27 17:38:03  
Removed the spoiler tag. He's saying (I think) if you hit ML50 WAR, all your jobs get 5% DA.

My comment was that on Asura, you'd be required to have ML50 WAR, MNK, DRK, RUN, and SAM so you could get STP 1, DA 5%, HP boost 2, Tenacity, and Smite 1, even though you were actually playing COR.

Yeah I missed his comment and thought you meant to say there were general benefits for jobs being ml50 even when on other jobs haha
By K123 2024-05-27 17:39:09  
#
The amount of times I've seen DP asked for for something SB is used on....
[+]
By Nariont 2024-05-27 17:53:28  
"R25 nyame r15 rema master DD only" -shouted by a person in +1 ambu gear

Many such cases
[+]
By K123 2024-05-27 17:55:56  
Nariont said: »
"R25 nyame r15 rema master DD only" -shouted by a person in +1 ambu gear

Many such cases
Yeah seen it a lot with people on really ***WHM finding people for ambuscade. On their 7th mule to make money. Also happens with Odyssey but they're always Chinese RMT.
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-27 18:39:51  
Asura has a lot of shouts, don’t make a generality. My point of view (I’ve been there, didn’t stay, and encourage everyone to at least experience it once), most see your ability to gear as hopefully an ability to play your job correctly. Most shouts are a static missing their 6th for the night and try to screen available players, and there is plenty (like a lot of players) R25+ over there. How else can you shout and screen in 1 line? Well they do that by putting R25. Elitist?!? Maybe but those people get ***done and get their ***messed up all the time by pugs…

Actually, to make the game better they should merge the least populated server.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-27 18:55:06  
Phoenix.Gavroches said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder
[+]
 Phoenix.Gavroches
user: gavroches
By Phoenix.Gavroches 2024-05-27 18:57:01  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

I guess they don’t want that, like extremely motivated of not wanting it lol
 Carbuncle.Nynja
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2024-05-27 18:59:27  
The ability to server hop to Asura, Odin or Bahamut is readily available to anyone.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2024-05-27 19:10:09  
Get rid of bad abilities nobody uses (Consume Mana/Modus Veritas/Mug etc.) and introduce good ones to be earned in various ways, and not just by botting your way to ML50.

Buff jobs that need it, and then introduce fights with equipment that matters (Master Trials suck)... like Peach Princess. Needing niche jobs to win reliably helps to encourage players to use them.

Make Vana'Bout permanent with hundreds of rotating objectives that gets players out there doing things in dead areas. But make the rewards worthwhile, or nobody will do it.

Give a much bigger helping hand to new/returning players to get back up to speed. I know SE has already done a lot, but more should be implemented to make the the endgame more accessible to actual players. Difficult to do without helping RMT, but so long as the hoops cost enough time, then RMT won't bother.

Give players more incentive to jump to lower population servers, where many linkshells exist and want to recruit fresh players. There has to be ways to make smaller servers healthier, so the overall FFXI experience is better for everyone. They won't merge servers because it makes them money.

There's probably more, but I know SE won't implement anything. They don't have the resources to do a quarter of what they want to do.
[+]
By Dodik 2024-05-27 19:11:49  

Again, no.
[+]
By Mistressfifi 2024-05-27 19:26:31  
This would be Kind of a weird thing to add, But. an Item that Allows you to use a food item without consuming it.
This would be Fairly useful Because It would Make the Cooking shield Actually useful Compared to the others. (Its really not worth making the repast since its one time use.) Having a Powerful Aoe food buff once a day would make Certain contents easier. but it isn't super broken as if you were to K.O. you lose the food buff.

The only Problem with this though is Of Course Some group on Asura would Demand you have this item that can be used once a Day Charged/Ready With +1-2 repast to do V25/Sortie.

This also Isn't that weird of an item considering there is a Club that can remove Weakened.
By RadialArcana 2024-05-28 03:30:30  
Server merges are bad, I saw more people quit after merges than any other time (and I'm talking about people who played for 5-6 years+). It works on some games, but not FFXI.
By Pantafernando 2024-05-28 04:07:09  
Thats mere coincidence
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 22 23 24