TVR Rings

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » TVR rings
TVR rings
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Siren.Kruel
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
Posts: 228
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 12:05:27  
Tarage said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
Tarage said: »
If someone can tell me a good method of testing, I'll test the Fickblix's Ring on SMN.

You can also use the Sroda Earring. It has pet damage that is not tied to Nyame path. No real clue on the testing of pet.

Already been done:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/53593/a-summoners-gear-guide/17/#3649293
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/56616/aman-specific-items/2/#3620312

If it operates the same, that's 10 VS 4, which one would assume makes it BIS. It's a big "if" though, considering the wording is different.
The Sroda Earring is "pet melee damage"

We want to know how it behaves with magical blood pacts and Ifrit's hybrid blood pact too, since pet MAB has a very potent relationship with blood pact damage.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
Posts: 228
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 12:06:59  
Tarage said: »
If someone can tell me a good method of testing, I'll test the Fickblix's Ring on SMN.
Best way to test it is one of Diabolos's magical blood pacts, since they do set damage.
[+]
 Siren.Kruel
Offline
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Kruel666
Posts: 228
By Siren.Kruel 2023-05-24 13:58:22  
I got the pet ring and tested it on smn.

Getting a 9.1% increase in damage.

11,136 Nether Blast with the ring.

10,126 without.

So seems the 10% is applied after blood pact damage and pet MAB.

So it's very very good.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 67
By Cloudius777 2023-05-24 16:31:18  
As a main SMN i ALMOST put off picking the pet ring because I thought it was Pet dmg taken +10% which would have sucked, now because of this post i'm deffo picking up that ring.
[+]
 Shiva.Flowen
Offline
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
Posts: 519
By Shiva.Flowen 2023-05-24 17:39:47  
Been thinking about Cornelia's vs Ephramad's since the part 1 update..

Whether you are making use of that PDL and how often is the main theme of course, but this is a fairly complicated equation when you consider buffs, debuffs, target, weapon type, native trait etc.

Availability of other forms of PDL is a big consideration. Stacking PDL is only effective if you are able to realize the new pDIF cap through pDIF ratio, e.g. the more PDL you have the more attack you need to hit raised pDIF cap.

The key consideration for me was how often im able to utilize that extra 10 PDL when you consider availability on the jobs I play.

For jobs with PDL on both the JSE neck and earring (DRK, DRG, RNG, NIN, DNC, BST) it feels less common that you will find yourself in a position to use all that PDL. DRK has great attack, but it also has best trait bonus and emp+3/sakpata provide good options for PDL.

For SAM, if you find yourself swapping in emp feet fairly often, Nyame feet + ephramad ring is better than emp +3 feet + cornelia's for fudo, for example. On COR, I would lean on cornelia's to use on magic ws and hybrids as well. Naegling SB is one of the easier attack caps/making use of PDL scenarios, so ephramad's works well here, but sroda ring is also a solid SB option.

MNK, WAR and BLU can make the most of Ephramad's in my opinion. WAR - no PDL on neck or ear, and lots of attack. PDL for Ukon AM3 white damage. MNK - WSD not optimal anyway, PDL+10 for AM3 white damage. BLU - limited PDL and ring options, making ring a choice ws piece without the PDL even considered. THF also has limited PDL options and sroda ring is a no go for DEX ws, there's also the consideration that THF is a common old content job so you might be making use of that PDL more often.

Now we layer on that we have a PDL song and prime weapons have PDL aftermath (in the future... looking to be a considerable grind and amount of time until we are using these commonly).

Based on my jobs and play situations i'm leaning on Cornelia's. If I played MNK/BLU/THF/WAR more, played more old content, or played often with GEO in addition to BRD and COR I would reconsider.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Primex
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 229
By Ragnarok.Primex 2023-05-24 18:15:00  
Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Was a choice between WSD and PDL ring for me. But in the end I chose WSD ring and here is why.

1. It works on all WS's in all situations. This includes Magical WS's like Leaden, Aeolian edge, Cataclysm etc. (not so good for some WS's like multi hit WS's like for MNK WS's but MNK already has multiple solid rings for those WS's)

2. It works extra well on hybrid WS's like Jinpu, Hot Shot etc because of how WSD is calculated on hybrid WS's

3. Don't need to be atk capped to benefit from it

4. We have been getting a lot of PDL stuff. PDL+10 Necks, A piece of PDL +10 empy, Other choices too making the PDL ring less appealing to me.

The PDL ring is a nice choice for specific WS's under the specific condition of being atk capped. But any content where it actually matters I'm sure the WSD ring will benefit you more.

those were my reasons for choosing the WSD ring.
thanks for this. I had entirely discounted it because there were so many WSD+ options. but your post totally sold it.
Offline
Posts: 725
By Tarage 2023-05-25 06:44:10  
Siren.Kruel said: »
I got the pet ring and tested it on smn.

Getting a 9.1% increase in damage.

11,136 Nether Blast with the ring.

10,126 without.

So seems the 10% is applied after blood pact damage and pet MAB.

So it's very very good.

Very unscientific testing on my own, I found that with 3 cells I was sometimes getting Aello down to 1% with Ifrit, so I swapped a ring from Varar +1 just to see if I would get that 1% more or less and I never hit 1% again, so yeah, agree with these findings. It seems like a flat increase across the board.

I assume that Ramuh is also a boost.
Offline
Posts: 8848
By SimonSes 2023-05-25 07:25:14  
Shiva.Flowen said: »

Thank you for writing down my thoughts :)
I would add DNC to the list of jobs using PDL too. It has more PDL options, but also box step to further lower def of the target.
Possibly also BST with Rage and/or doing Corrosive Ooze.
It kinda also gives DRK option to use WSD in armor and you would still probably be able to use PDL on ring with PDL on neck/earring in many situations.

Now what can make this ring more niche is Prime WSs having huge attack bonuses, which might be the case considering all this PDL direction they took (song, aftermath).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bossgalka
Posts: 167
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-25 17:41:08  
Anyone know the general atk caps on wave 3 Dynamis mobs? Would like to gauge the value of the PDL ring compared to the WSD one.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2023-05-25 22:34:38
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Aylaina
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 9
By Asura.Aylaina 2023-05-25 23:29:33  
I haven't beaten VR yet (I'm still super burnt out from WOTG so I'm only starting chapter 3, so a ways to go) but I'm pretty set on Flickblix's. SMN and BST are two of my favorite jobs, but I can use that double attack (and probably that subtle blow if I ever do Ody nms, wtb static plx) on other jobs, so the fact that it works on both pet jobs and non pet jobs is what pushes it over for me. Anything I can do to justify playing BST/SMN more I'm going to take, and I know that I can get similar options from other rings. Epaminondas/Beithr for WSD, for example. PDL, not so much, but I'm not at a situation where I'm going to be reliably capping that, and if I am, I'll have other options. And no real desire for the TP ring since I have Niqmaddu/Ilabrat/etc.
[+]
 Asura.Splendid
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: BlindLis
Posts: 159
By Asura.Splendid 2023-05-25 23:49:13  
Went with Cornelia’s ring to start. I don’t have Epi ring so it was a nice little treat to get something to fill that slot. Maybe one day I’ll nab the PDL ring but for what I do in the game, play a lot of Bard, Cornelia’s wins out.
 Fenrir.Aladeus
Offline
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Aladeus
Posts: 347
By Fenrir.Aladeus 2023-05-26 00:19:13  
Odin.Moonja said: »
I am curious which rings other people have chosen. If you would like to share, I don’t really need to know why or anything. Just curious.

I’m weird. And I’m going to have a tough time not picking fast cast +10. I really wish that Cornelia’s Belt was fast cast instead of haste.

imo, fast cast shouldn't be a deciding factor. it's so incredibly easy to get nowadays.
[+]
 
Offline
Posts:
By 2023-05-26 00:42:51
 Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事
 
Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Essylt
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: quro
Posts: 256
By Asura.Essylt 2023-05-26 02:30:53  
Went with Cornelia's pretty much for the same reason as stated above - it provides the most value across the jobs I play (even though Ephramad's was a close second choice).
Offline
Posts: 2319
By Nariont 2023-05-26 06:07:02  
Odin.Moonja said: »
Not for weird jobs I use. FC10 in the ring slot can free up some better defensive/meva/whatever in armor slots.

I’m just asking what other people have picked or are interested in.

I haven’t decided yet.


Even for weird jobs, FC is a precast piece 99% of the time, so its equipped for less than a second and largely wont impact you defensively beyond HP, which is a factor but its not too difficult to overcome usually. Def/meva/dt and such are all midcast pieces where fc doesnt matter unless youre pushing for lower recasts
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Offline
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: androwe
Posts: 1167
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-05-26 06:23:20  
Odin.Moonja said: »
Not for weird jobs I use. FC10 in the ring slot can free up some better defensive/meva/whatever in armor slots.

I’m just asking what other people have picked or are interested in.

I haven’t decided yet.

I picked Cornelia's Ring for TVR and Weatherspoon Ring for Adoulin. Weatherspoon has 6 FC and 4 QM, plus macc and light affinity. It solves many FC and QM problems.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Online
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2023-05-26 07:49:23  
That fire sale on Epaminondas's Ring though lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
Posts: 1803
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-05-26 08:13:35  
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I picked Cornelia's Ring for TVR and Weatherspoon Ring for Adoulin. Weatherspoon has 6 FC and 4 QM, plus macc and light affinity. It solves many FC and QM problems.

Great until the QM procs and you cast in your FC set, giving you fewer shadows, a low-potency buff, a low-potency cure, a resisted nuke, or whatever else. Weatherspoon is like the anti-FC ring, unless you're casting Arise or Reraise or something with no mid-cast stats.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
Offline
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2923
By Ragnarok.Martel 2023-05-26 08:19:32  
Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Phoenix.Iocus said: »
I picked Cornelia's Ring for TVR and Weatherspoon Ring for Adoulin. Weatherspoon has 6 FC and 4 QM, plus macc and light affinity. It solves many FC and QM problems.

Great until the QM procs and you cast in your FC set, giving you fewer shadows, a low-potency buff, a low-potency cure, a resisted nuke, or whatever else. Weatherspoon is like the anti-FC ring, unless you're casting Arise or Reraise or something with no mid-cast stats.
Or.. you can just use gearswap and get full potency midcasts even on quick magic procs.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 2319
By Nariont 2023-05-26 08:20:33  
QM works fine if you use anything like gs otherwise pretty much
[+]
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 151
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-26 09:03:21  
Cloudius777 said: »
As a main SMN i ALMOST put off picking the pet ring because I thought it was Pet dmg taken +10% which would have sucked, now because of this post i'm deffo picking up that ring.

Disclaimer- this was my personal reasoning for not choosing the pet ring. If this goes against the way you choose to play your character, there's no one forcing you to take my advice. I have a more detailed pro/con list further in this thread, this specific reply was simply meant to make the person I replied to, weight their options before deciding. It wasn't meant to discourage their decision, whatever that may be.

As someone who also is smn main, it's really not worth losing one of the other options.

Here's my argument- list the times and locations when you play summoner these days
-omen
-aeonic runs
-some unity fights
-master trials

that's it.

Smn isn't sought after for oddy segment farming, or bosses, it's not particularly useful in dynamis or sortie.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the job, but when fully buffed doing the 2 instances of content where smn is useful, I'm already hitting capped damage with flaming crush, so how does 10% more damage help in that situation?

With regards to unity fights (tumolt) and master trials, SMN is largely used for perfect defense and or mewing, neither of which have a damage mod.

I just feel literally any of the other rings are a better option if you're sitting at BIS for summoner gear. Especially when you consider the prime staff has 50 bp damage.

Now, this all being said, it seems you can swap the rings once a week, so try it out and see what you think.
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 151
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-26 09:16:58  
Ragnarok.Primex said: »
Shiva.Mewtwo said: »
Was a choice between WSD and PDL ring for me. But in the end I chose WSD ring and here is why.

1. It works on all WS's in all situations. This includes Magical WS's like Leaden, Aeolian edge, Cataclysm etc. (not so good for some WS's like multi hit WS's like for MNK WS's but MNK already has multiple solid rings for those WS's)

2. It works extra well on hybrid WS's like Jinpu, Hot Shot etc because of how WSD is calculated on hybrid WS's

3. Don't need to be atk capped to benefit from it

4. We have been getting a lot of PDL stuff. PDL+10 Necks, A piece of PDL +10 empy, Other choices too making the PDL ring less appealing to me.

The PDL ring is a nice choice for specific WS's under the specific condition of being atk capped. But any content where it actually matters I'm sure the WSD ring will benefit you more.

those were my reasons for choosing the WSD ring.
thanks for this. I had entirely discounted it because there were so many WSD+ options. but your post totally sold it.


so I would amend the first person's comment to say "it works on all weapon skills in most situations"

"The PDL ring is a nice choice for specific WS's under the specific condition of being atk capped. But any content where it actually matters I'm sure the WSD ring will benefit you more"- That's simply an opinion. Content where it matters you are more likely to be attack capped, at which point additional WS damage is useless. There isn't a known limit to PDL as of yet, so I feel (my opinion) that the Ephramad's Ring will end up being more impactful in the long run. Now, if you largely play solo, then yes, absolutely pick up the WS ring as you're less likely to have the buffs to hit attack cap. But if your playstyle is more group oriented, then maybe try them both out and do some number crunching.

I picked up the Ephramad's Ring, and was looking at my numbers is sortie last night on my warrior, I was averaging about 4% increase on upheaval and about 6% on savage blade. for the savage blades I had soul voiced songs, and cor buffs, warcry, berserk, and restraint. for upheaval I also had mighty strikes running.

As I've suggested elsewhere in this thread, it seems you can swap rings weekly, so I'd recommend you test them out for yourself
[+]
Offline
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
Posts: 151
By Sylph.Timepassesbye 2023-05-26 09:33:27  
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Anyone know the general atk caps on wave 3 Dynamis mobs? Would like to gauge the value of the PDL ring compared to the WSD one.

Not the direct answer you're looking for, but attack cap varies by weapon as well, so there's not one simple answer to make this decision easier unfortunately. One handed weapons have a lower cap then 2 handed, the weapon delay likely being the factor there, so a thf with the same buffs as a dark knight, will likely hit cap long before the drk will, and thus benefit from pdl more.
Offline
Posts: 357
By Meeble 2023-05-26 09:49:53  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Content where it matters you are more likely to be attack capped, at which point additional WS damage is useless.

WSD from gear will increase your weaponskill damage whether you're attack capped or not.

WSD won't help if your WS is damage capped and doing 99k, but at that point additional PDL is wasted too.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 81
By Seraphpdh 2023-05-26 10:57:59  
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Or.. you can just use gearswap and get full potency midcasts even on quick magic procs.
I tested quick cast with Phalanx on RDM quite a while back, and was NOT having my phalanx potency gear swap in correctly in midcast on a quick cast proc in precast. Normally phalanx will overwrite itself when potency is equivalent on sequential casts, and fails to overwrite when it is lower potency. The quickcast proc casts failed to overwrite phalanx on myself, so I've always naturally assumed that quickcast procs ignore midcast swapping. I re-ran the test multiple times just to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

However, I still use weatherspoon+1 for shadow casting on /NIN jobs, most -na spells, raise, etc. Effectively casts where the 'potency' of the cast does not really matter.
[+]
 Asura.Hotworks
Offline
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: arcajeth
Posts: 64
By Asura.Hotworks 2023-05-26 11:54:59  
THERES ONLY ONE THING that can sway my decision on ring choice.
Does Flickblix buff Concentric Pulse Damage?
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
Offline
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: bossgalka
Posts: 167
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-05-26 13:36:23  
Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Cloudius777 said: »
As a main SMN i ALMOST put off picking the pet ring because I thought it was Pet dmg taken +10% which would have sucked, now because of this post i'm deffo picking up that ring.

As someone who also is smn main, it's really not worth losing one of the other options.

Here's my argument- list the times and locations when you play summoner these days
-omen
-aeonic runs
-some unity fights
-master trials

that's it.

Smn isn't sought after for oddy segment farming, or bosses, it's not particularly useful in dynamis or sortie.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love the job, but when fully buffed doing the 2 instances of content where smn is useful, I'm already hitting capped damage with flaming crush, so how does 10% more damage help in that situation?

With regards to unity fights (tumolt) and master trials, SMN is largely used for perfect defense and or mewing, neither of which have a damage mod.

I just feel literally any of the other rings are a better option if you're sitting at BIS for summoner gear. especially when you consider the prime staff has 50 bp damage.

Now, this all being said, it seems you can swap the rings once a week, so try it out and see what you think.

I understand what you are saying and agree with you in theory, but no, you are not doing capped damage on HELMs. Or any of the Reisenjima GFs for that matter. The capped dmg is in Zitah and some of Ru'an at best on the trash ones. A lot of the Reisenjima fights are won/lost around the last 5% of the mob's HP. If one of the other SMNs do a few less BPs, miss a few more hits on Volts etc. then it could cause a wipe, so that 10% dmg from the ring could very well be the difference between a win and a loss, which is way more valuable than simply doing more dmg in general.

Again, I agree with the sentiment. I think if you have a few other melee jobs that you use more, the WSD ring would be more value for instance, but you are also undervaluing the ring too much and overstating what you do on SMN without it. There is a massive difference between 99k on Gulltop in Zitah vs 99k on Schah or Albuman. One is something even a low tier SMN can do, and the other is something a max geared SMN WITH the new ring can't do.

Sylph.Timepassesbye said: »
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Anyone know the general atk caps on wave 3 Dynamis mobs? Would like to gauge the value of the PDL ring compared to the WSD one.

Not the direct answer you're looking for, but attack cap varies by weapon as well, so there's not one simple answer to make this decision easier unfortunately. One handed weapons have a lower cap then 2 handed, the weapon delay likely being the factor there, so a thf with the same buffs as a dark knight, will likely hit cap long before the drk will, and thus benefit from pdl more.

Yeah, I'm specifically talking about SAM with GK, but other 2H jobs and maybe NIN would also be nice to know. There is no flat answer, but a general ballpark or even a formula/spreadsheet to look it up would be extremely helpful. After much searching through google and the forums, people either don't know, haven't said it or it's just not showing up in the searches I am doing.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
Log in to post.