What's Your 3 Favourite Pets And Why?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » What's your 3 favourite pets and why?
What's your 3 favourite pets and why?
By Imilky 2023-04-27 08:56:41  
As the title, care to share with your what's your favourite in 2023 and reason?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [298 days between previous and next post]
By Jinchuuriki3 2024-02-19 07:23:12  
I def use a variety of pets depending on the situation but I’ve notice for my play-style and enjoyment I tent to use these 3 the most.

1-Sultry Patrice (HQ jelly)
It’s a very tanky pet
It can heal itself against most mobs unless undead in a pinch
It can AOE for merits/job points and omen mobs
You can do light with it skill-chain wise.
It can hold a few mobs for a limited amount of time via aoe.
It’s a very nice pet to have when agro and you don’t have trust or caught simply unprepared.

2- Energized Sefina (HQ beetle)
Has a -25% defense down pair with box step/dia can be nice to tear through mobs.
It can deal some ok dmg unlike slug
You can self chain almost unlimited with this pet for low level chains but if you have a mage in your party mb will be awesome for duo or just jp

3- Generous Arthur (HQ slug)
Mainly for high apex and nms due to the HP down effects and the -33% def/atk down.
The occasional en-Slow can be nice.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-20 15:33:46  
For me, top 3 most used are Arthur, Bouncing Bertha, Swooping Zhivago. Those are the jugs I will always keep in inventory.

Generous Arthur as noted above. Endgame party situations for DEF- and HP-. Cheap and spammable NPC jug.

Bouncing Bertha (or NQ Scissorleg Xerin) is obviously still a great choice for physical AoE, and fantastic for farming any easier/older content (my go-to for Einherjar, Assaults, Nyzul). Not bad on harder stuff too, does some good SCs with master.

Swooping Zhivago for nice SCs with master, Def-, Dispel, piercing damage. Good for stuff like Apex. I tend to prefer Zhivago over Sefina for similar purposes. I also just like the look of the big ridiculous Tulfaire (surely the most important consideration).

Honorable mentions:
- Vivacious Gaston I like a lot for self Atk+ buff, I tend to use that in like wave 1-2 Dyna farming where mobs die fast and it's hard to tag stuff with Slug Def-, will just give myself the lengthy 25% atk+ buff with no massive defensive penalty like Rage (though depending on how fast your group kills the NMs, def- on NMs might be optimal for alliance DPS if they aren't already melting). Silence and Para provide nice utility.
- Warlike Patrick is still good for Fireball magical AoE damage on trash. Cheap NPC jug option for AoE purposes when Bestial Loyalty is down and you have to Call Beast.
- Daring Roland is pretty cool for Jettatura terror and solid damage, great Unleash spam choice.
- Blackbeard Randy is one I sometiems pull out for a cheap NPC on lower stakes content where I might want to use the pet to do some physical damage. I'd go Safina, Roland, or Zhivago if Bestial Loyalty is up, but if you're just spamming something on a budget or getting a Beast type mob out for Killer Instinct, I usually keep a stack of Randy handy ;P
- Fatso Fargann for TP Drainkiss spam. Extremely valuable niche use pet when that niche comes into play.
- Jovial Edwin if I want defensive buffs and/or need an aquan for Killer Instinct. Sturdy, can take some hits if you need to Snarl some enmity onto Edwin.

I guess Sultry Patrice is fine, though for practical situations where I want a tanky pet I'm usually gonna job change to PUP. Patrice prob better if you want to grab multiple mobs with AoE though.
[+]
By nattack 2024-02-20 16:36:58  
Unless I'm cleaving or abusing KI, my go-to is Zhivago.

1: Bird is cool
2: def/mdef down
3: Good skillchains
4: Magic burst. if only because I can, so I will. Best I got was maybe a 11k burst out of it, though.

Necrobump be damned.

I'll use Amiable Roche if I want Amorph killer. I wish there were better options for aquans.

Cricket is my other day-to-day pet. Sometimes its just fun to obliterate a bunch of mobs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2024-02-20 17:37:27  
nattack said: »
I'll use Amiable Roche if I want Amorph killer. I wish there were better options for aquans.

If you can use Bestial Loyalty, Jovial Edwin is my go-to aquan. Good defensive buffs, and Mega Scissors is not bad for damaging Ready moves (and only 1 charge). For cheap NPC jugs, yeah Roche. But if you're a real badass and want an aquan...

That's a good consideration though, for spammable Call Beast jugs solely for Killer Instinct purposes, Theraisie's NPC jugs cover most families:

Beast: Blackbeard Randy (Meaty Broth, 2196 gil), or Rhyming Shizuna (344 gil) if you want Sheep Song or Rage
Lizard: Warlike Patrick (Livid Broth, 200 gil)
Vermin: Threestar Lynn (Muddy Broth, 2853 gil)
Plantoid: Sweet Caroline (Aged Humus, 3154 gil)

Aquan: Amiable Roche (Airy Broth, 591 gil)
Amorph: Generous Arthur (Dire Broth, 3004 gil)
Bird: ??? I'm drawing a blank on any NPC bird jugs

What do people use for cheap birds? I usually just do Zhivago on Bestial Loyalty, but I guess if timer is down or you want to use multiple jugs to get KI up and then switch pets, it might be worth having a stack of something cheaper. Maybe buy or synth some NQ Tulfaire, Colibri, or Apkallu if you have a regular need for this for Aquan Killer purposes?

The above list changes a bit if I'm using HQ jug/Bestial Loyalty and want to keep the same pet out.
Beast: Vivacious Gaston
Lizard: Patrick, same as above
Vermin: Engergized Safina
Plantoid: Caroline, same as above

Aquan: Jovial Edwin
Amorph: Sultry Patrice
Bird: Swooping Zhivago or Daring Roland

Of course, the above listed cheap jugs still work if you prefer their moves (Randy, Shizuna, Arthur, etc.)
[+]