Sortie Release - Info
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 153 154 155
 Asura.Helmaru
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: lafilnemi
By Asura.Helmaru 2022-10-11 11:37:36  
Phoenix.Logical said: »
Good info everyone. Was able to repeat Chest #5 in Zone A, B and C. Also did some poking around in Zone E for any interested.

YouTube Video Placeholder

We warped to A to get Blizer.

The door in the middle should open when you go near it (did for us) maybe it doesnt when you are sneak/invis?
We did not kill any mobs apart from NM when we went through

The door is also where the coffer spawns when you kill Mini Nms
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-10-11 11:45:24  
I was able to get Dhartok to 5% before timing out, I figured out his mechanic late.

Damage seemed fine at first 60k-70k WS, and then all of the sudden WS damage dropped to 5k then I get clobbered 1 shot. After clobber move, his damage resistance seemed to go back to normal for a few seconds before getting resisted again.

I figured out that damage resistance get reset when using WS of different weapon, so I went like this
savage blade 2x, judgment 2x, impulse drive 2x, upheaval 2x, resolution 2x over and over and that seems to work out fine with no resist, got timed out at 5%

This seemed like a very extreme version of dynamis WS penalty, after doing savage blade until resisted, switched to judgment no resist, switched back to savage blade right after, still got resist

magic burst damage didn't get resisted over time

edit: did WF > WF darkness on dhartok, darkness healed him for 10k and insta wipe the party with 20k+ damage aoe noyade
 Bahamut.Amalius
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Blaker31
By Bahamut.Amalius 2022-10-11 12:12:25  
I didn't see this posted, but I did 2 runs on the same char for slot unlocks/exploration. The device back down seems to move randomly from run to run, but the warp to what will be the next bosses stays in place it seems. I'll find out later with my static on my other char with the blitzer back down.
 Phoenix.Logical
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Logical 2022-10-11 12:47:14  
Asura.Helmaru said: »
Good info everyone. Was able to repeat Chest #5 in Zone A, B and C. Also did some poking around in Zone E for any interested.

The door in the middle should open when you go near it (did for us) maybe it doesnt when you are sneak/invis?

Thanks for those details. Good to know you can indeed warp to A. So I just did my second run and again I could not get that door to open. Approached it with sneak/invis up right after killing bolutus nm, did not open. Dropped sneak/invis, did not open. Ran out of room, ran back through room up to door without sneak/invis. Could not get it to open. I also couldn't get back to Zone A so I was trapped in that first part of Zone E for my entire run. Was able to kill 5 of the 6 delve nm's in that room, timed out on killing bee again. They are rather challenging for a soloer and each seem to have a specific way damage should be dealt, most other forms do little. I had to keep alternating between differnt sc's and mbs to find what worked on each. Killing all 6 in 1 run solo should be possible with some time remaining but it's going to eat up a ton of time for sure.
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-11 12:58:35  
got a blue casket in E by killing all flans near the room u can port back to A. Also got coffer in E after killing all 5 narkul that spawns after killing a slug then going to thru the door that closed (killing slug might have triggered this). I also killed the mini boss in that room as well not sure if this had anything to do with the coffer.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Kriz
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kriz
By Valefor.Kriz 2022-10-11 13:36:43  
Shiva.Liam said: »
Anyone noticed if you can store more than 100k muffins now?

I confirmed the cap is still 100k. Thankfully it only cost me one last mob at the end.

I did notice that I couldn't get the A Shard/Metal from doing Abject mobs with only Auto-attacks and Dia II. First time in a month I didn't get the Chest A3/A4. I tried a lot of mobs, more than twice as many as I usually clear, before I moved on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Ahlen
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Ahlen
By Fenrir.Ahlen 2022-10-11 13:53:32  
Valefor.Kriz said: »
Shiva.Liam said: »
Anyone noticed if you can store more than 100k muffins now?

I confirmed the cap is still 100k. Thankfully it only cost me one last mob at the end.

I did notice that I couldn't get the A Shard/Metal from doing Abject mobs with only Auto-attacks and Dia II. First time in a month I didn't get the Chest A3/A4. I tried a lot of mobs, more than twice as many as I usually clear, before I moved on.
It took me more kills in A to get chest maybe they increased the amount of kills needed.
 Bismarck.Wildmann
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Wildman
By Bismarck.Wildmann 2022-10-11 14:11:51  
Nuked down 6 A mobs today got 3 chests, no additional needed.
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-11 14:32:48  
Once you go into E(FGH? idk didnt get there), you can't return until you get to a return device. So you can't just pop your head in for a sec, for people who are planning runs.
By Heghmoh 2022-10-11 15:19:00  
I just did Botolus and 6 Naakuls - did not get a coffer.

JK it spawned in the middle of the room not at the mob
By Koliz 2022-10-11 15:23:38  
I had to let Shantotto get the kill shots instead of just having her nuke to get a3 yesterday, also. Had just been punching them down while she nuked and worked fine before patch.
By Heghmoh 2022-10-11 15:33:06  
Blue Chest from Killing all of the Flans at the end of Sector E around the Return Bitzer
By Tarage 2022-10-11 15:38:08  
Does going into any of the new areas, E, F, G, or H, unlock upgrading all the slots for +3?

Post deleted by User.
By Tarage 2022-10-11 16:09:14  
Moderndayz said: »
Tarage said: »
Does going into any of the new areas, E, F, G, or H, unlock upgrading all the slots for +3?

Yes

I wonder then, why they said it wouldn't be possible to solo +3, because this very much feels soloable.

Post deleted by User.
By Tokimemofan 2022-10-11 16:33:00  
Asura.Helmaru said: »

That targeting bug actually has happened to me several times in Mireu fights and Dynamis. It seems to happen if you lag out while changing targets.
By Tarage 2022-10-11 16:40:18  
Moderndayz said: »
They said +2 could be done by a fresh level 99 character and +3 would be a bit more challenging.

A fresh 99 could do +3 solo, even it would take a long time.

I'm used to things like Omen, Odyssey, and Dyna-D, where the ability to unlock higher tier things is/was functionally impossible unless you are strong enough. You used to not be able to unlock +3 without killing the statue, an impossibility for a solo-non-multi-box player. There is no way someone solos the Omen bosses for scales without multi-boxing. You aren't clearing the dragon solo-non-multi-box either.

This? Again, it's slow, but you CAN accumulate points to eventually unlock this stuff. It's a change in the pattern, and one I welcome.
 Asura.Aerox
By Asura.Aerox 2022-10-11 16:45:27  
Did G area. I respawned C mobs for the G device but when another party member touched the G device nothing happened, when I touched it brown chest spawned.

Killed Naraka but doesn't seem like any additional mobs spawned even in the hidden areas. We decided to pick a mob type and clear it out so we did vampires but no chests.

Went to boss and had same experience as the E one. It uses special attack and damage from torcleaver/savage blade was fluctuating throughout the fight. We thought afterwards that maybe each use of special attack causes it's damage weakness to rotate. Not sure otherwise.

It raged after 3 min and we got it to 65%. Lots of bind and curse and fetters too though they seemed less dangerous than E.

Edit: also noticed under the zone timer a pink bar for Ra'kaznarMetal#G which i dont remember seeing before. maybe filled it up because we killed mobs in the area?
By Heghmoh 2022-10-11 16:46:21  
Heghmoh said: »
Blue Chest from Killing all of the Flans at the end of Sector E around the Return Bitzer

Second run - killed all the flans at the end, no chest. killed all the mobs around the Bitzer, which was in one of the quadrant areas. Blue chest popped - so confirmed. Kill every mob in the section around the bitzer

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2022-10-11 16:52:42  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Does have some kind of WS resistance but its not as simple as just alternating types. We saw Halo -> Upheaval -> Halo get resisted fully.

Uh oh...did they finally implement the Savage Blade (repeat phys ws) nerf? BLM reborn?
 Asura.Aburaage
By Asura.Aburaage 2022-10-11 18:58:51  
Is there any good light based multistep SC with a mix of slashing/blunt/piercing?

impulse > savage > realmrazer > fudo? not sure how good is realmrazer
By drakefs 2022-10-11 19:15:24  
Asura.Aburaage said: »
Is there any good light based multistep SC with a mix of slashing/blunt/piercing?

Yes, lots.

Because you are talking about damage types and not combat skill types, there are way to many combos to list out.

A simple 4 step would something like: Stardiver -> Savage Blade -> Shijin Spiral -> Chant du Cygne\Victory Smite\Camlann's Torment
 Phoenix.Iocus
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2022-10-11 19:16:19  
Realmrazer is trash but Hexa is decent from a WAR with Beryllium Mace.

Ascetic's Fury and Mandalic stab are decent non slashing fusion but are mnk and thf exclusive.
 Odin.Rajih
サーバ: Odin
user: Rajih
By Odin.Rajih 2022-10-11 20:19:04  
anyone else have an issue popping A3 chest for the shard to enter boss? able to get on sam consistently until today when i tried my usual solo farm.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2022-10-11 20:39:16  
Odin.Rajih said: »
anyone else have an issue popping A3 chest for the shard to enter boss? able to get on sam consistently until today when i tried my usual solo farm.
Yes we had to kill more mobs than usual today to get it. We’ve done the same strat 20x, we usually get it on acuex with blu, today we had to kill a few extra leeches.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 68 69 70 ... 153 154 155