Geo-INT + Indi-Haste
Entrust-Refresh > SCH
[+]
 Asura.Gashnir
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Bursto
By Asura.Gashnir 2024-02-11 17:19:44  
Is there a reason monk or another heavily subtle blow configured dd is not used for hard mode aminon and allowed to engage with the rest of the setup staying the same? At least on paper it seems like minimal tp feed and higher dps than only doing ws from tact, reverse flourish, absorb tp and impact, but maybe I'm missing something.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-02-11 17:35:28  
There's a big difference between "subtle blow dd" and "only TP given is from WS"

With our setup we have DRK as the DD which is not only not meleeing, but they're also using Absorb-TP with the benefit of the JSE. Taking that away and replacing it with a DD who is meleeing full-time, even with 75% subtle blow, seems like a rather large risk.

I think since there's a lockout and a single WS getting off means you're very likely to wipe means very few people are willing to experiment with riskier strategies. If you wanna try it out and report back if it works, I'm sure people would love a faster/more engaging strategy.

MNK should be able to take the spot of the DRK or DNC either way, with Boost/Ask Sash, they could have some pretty solid damage and the SB would be nice.
By Taint 2024-02-11 19:40:54  
Monks not dropping 90k Climatic bombs though.
By SimonSes 2024-02-12 02:44:29  
This could be the first time, when Boost mechanic would actually be very useful. I would like to remind, that it's not only Ask Sash advantage with Regain, but also MNK does a single super punch at the end of boost duration that makes significant damage and gives significant TP gain. That super hit can proc empy AM3 too for very significant damage. That being said idk if that hit would be worth more than doing WS before that hit and doing higher WS damage. Boost being on 60 sec timer is kinda meh though. With 30 sec it could probably be competitive, but at 60 sec it's gonna be sub optimal for sure, if you only gonna use Boost/WS.

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
There's a big difference between "subtle blow dd" and "only TP given is from WS"

Afaik MNK feeds like 13TP per hit with Penance effect and 75%SB. So it's not really enough imo to flop this tactic. You could build some TP set that maximizes TP and damage per hit, instead of multi attack. Just rely on boost/tactician when Penance if down.

Overall I dont think it would beat DNC, but it should be doable.
By K123 2024-02-12 05:11:32  
If Shijin Plague lands, does it not counter 13TP a hit? How much does it reduce every tick?
By K123 2024-02-12 05:12:37  
buttplug said: »
Only have SCH for Sortie
I use BLM/COR/GEO/RUN/SCH/SCH
For ABC >>> GEF pick up groups
Have had runs were we lost the BLM @ 5/6
Group still was able to clear GEF @ 5/6

I would try COR/GEO/GEO/RUN/SCH/SCH

1st GEO > Bolster
Geo-Malaise + Indi-Acumen
Entrust-Refresh > SCH

2nd GEO > Blaze of Glory + Ecliptic Attrition
Geo-INT + Indi-Haste
Entrust-Refresh > SCH
I've thought about this before, how it's not the only setup that could work fine. I have run with RUN GEO COR SCH RDM BLM before which was fine and I think RUN GEO COR SCH SCH SCH could work really well too.
First Page 2 3 ... 145 146