Asura.Nuance said: »
As we've been trying to fit Mega Boss into our 8 Boss runs we run with;

SCH/DRK RDM/DRK RUN/DRK BLM/DRK GEO/DRK COR/SAM

On entry -> Samurai Roll
SCH & RDM -> C
COR -> B
BLM -> A
GEO & RUN -> D

As the SCH RDM COR BLM finish their obj's they just meet up at D and help finish that obj up if it's not already. Usually finish this and are at D boss within 6-7min.

We don't use Monks roll on any of the bosses except the Mega Boss. Generally just Wizards and call it a day.

D boss -> H mid -> H boss (SCH Tab COR cutting) -> Leave.

A boss -> B boss -> C boss (CC Bolters when C is dead, we don't get the item to avoid Haunt.)

G mid -> G boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Dimi* [switch ups may be needed as TP wipe is a thing here, but we also do this on C boss as well.]) -> Ignore 30 second wait time for chest and leave.

F mid -> F Boss (SCH tab if back up or RDM cdc -> Cor wildfire [If tab RDM pops chainspell to burst.])

E mid (get seal if we feel we're too low on time, unless the bitzer to leave is near that area then we just get it after)-> E boss (SCH open stone -> RDM Red Lotus Blade -> SCH close Thunder -> RDM Savage Blade -> RUN Dimi*) -> hopefully mega boss.

We're currently within like a 2minute window of feeling comfortable with going to the mega boss, just need to tighten a few more things.

Best time on mega boss we've had is 9:16 at this time [from buff wipe on RUN to starting the actual fight]

*Bitzer and mid boss placement is also a factor here.

**RDM and SCH getting the item to avoid Haunt may shave the time needed, but generally doesn't feel worth the time when a crooked bolters mostly makes up for the speed loss.

*Edited

Is the RDM rocking a Croc to get RLB damage up and are they taking part in the magic bursts?

I can kinda answer that, because we running similar setup (we are not trying megaboss tho, so Im /nin)

Definitely use Crocea on A/E/C/G. I also do it slightly different and instead of SCH doing Stone before RLB, I open for myself with Seraph. Ideally you want to have entrust haste for that and samurai roll (just do Samurai roll while running to not lose time). This let SCH use less strat and do more nukes. I also MB Fire IV after RLB and Fire V after Savage. I can imagine Seraph/RLB and bursts are probably weaker without offhand, but it should still be significant enough to use Crocea.

For B/F we also do Wildfire>CDC>Wildfire instead of just 2 step with those. Definitely MB on D,H and use Bunzi's Rod/Ammurapi for that and if you are not doing SC on B or F, use Bunzi's Rod too.
[+]
 Asura.Toralin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2023-06-11 14:23:03  
Anyone got a link back to the aminion strategy

Using
Run/drk
Rdm/drk
Geo/drk
Cor/Sam
Blm/drk
 Shiva.Liam
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Liam 2023-06-12 00:42:01  
Anyone hit Ixion with a prime ws yet? ^^;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Mischief
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2023-06-15 01:04:36  
We were able to beat ABCDEFGH + Aminon all in one run today, albeit just barely. Entered with Fragments 1+2, no Shards or Metals, and beat the final boss (Gartell) with just 45 seconds remaining. Ended up with about 80k Gallimaufry from that run.

Job Composition: SCH/DRK, RDM/DRK, BLM/SCH, RUN/SCH, COR/DNC, GEO/DRK. BLM/DRK is not necessary if Monk's Roll is used and the GEO, RDM, and SCH keep using Absorb-TP off cooldown. COR/DNC offers more damage with Skillchain Bonus Trait and offhand Dagger vs. more TP with /SAM - we never really have TP issues after Tactician's Roll is up on Aminon, so /DNC seems better overall. RUN/SCH is mainly for Accession Sneak+Invis to speed things up after boss kills.

Initial buffs/Shard farming:

ABCDEFGH Bosses:

Aminon:

Overall, doing 9/9 bosses consistently is probably not going to happen right now - even with perfect execution, you still need at least some luck with Bitzers, COR, and Gartell/Aita element swaps. However, if you prioritize missing Fragments and keep doing Aminon every time you get 4, you can kill Aminon 3-4 times in a row before missing him on one run and just doing 8/8 instead, which is a higher average galli count than alternating runs.

If you're dead set on going for 9/9 bosses, my advice is don't do Aminon last. Try to end on Gartell, Triboulex, or Aita, to minimize bitzer RNG. Doing Aminon earlier also guarantees you don't miss out on 30k galli if you fall short.
[+]
By Felgarr 2023-06-15 04:13:36  
Bahamut.Mischief said: »
We were able to beat ABCDEFGH + Aminon all in one run today, albeit just barely. Entered with Fragments 1+2, no Shards or Metals, and beat the final boss (Gartell) with just 45 seconds remaining. Ended up with about 80k Gallimaufry from that run.

Job Composition: SCH/DRK, RDM/DRK, BLM/SCH, RUN/SCH, COR/DNC, GEO/DRK. BLM/DRK is not necessary if Monk's Roll is used and the GEO, RDM, and SCH keep using Absorb-TP off cooldown. COR/DNC offers more damage with Skillchain Bonus Trait and offhand Dagger vs. more TP with /SAM - we never really have TP issues after Tactician's Roll is up on Aminon, so /DNC seems better overall. RUN/SCH is mainly for Accession Sneak+Invis to speed things up after boss kills.

Initial buffs/Shard farming:

ABCDEFGH Bosses:

Aminon:

Overall, doing 9/9 bosses consistently is probably not going to happen right now - even with perfect execution, you still need at least some luck with Bitzers, COR, and Gartell/Aita element swaps. However, if you prioritize missing Fragments and keep doing Aminon every time you get 4, you can kill Aminon 3-4 times in a row before missing him on one run and just doing 8/8 instead, which is a higher average galli count than alternating runs.

If you're dead set on going for 9/9 bosses, my advice is don't do Aminon last. Try to end on Gartell, Triboulex, or Aita, to minimize bitzer RNG. Doing Aminon earlier also guarantees you don't miss out on 30k galli if you fall short.

Incredible. What was your total gallimaufry for such a run?
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-15 04:22:09  
He said ~80k
By SimonSes 2023-06-15 06:08:09  
I just hope 80k per run is not what dev meant as "fast people" as reference of doing Prime before end of the year XD
[+]
 Bahamut.Galakar
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2023-06-15 08:39:45  
SimonSes said: »
I just hope 80k per run is not what dev meant as "fast people" as reference of doing Prime before end of the year XD

Knowing S-E they could mean 90k which will be able to achieve with fully upgraded prime weapons. ;)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-06-15 09:37:04  
Of course they meant 100k which is what you get when you do all monsters, all objectives, all bosses all chests in the area.
By Pantafernando 2023-06-15 09:40:30  
This content reeks as if they would change to alliance content at some point.

Also, they would think people with new weapons would increase further their proficiency in this farming.

I just feel the pain about people repeating this kinda of rush like more 200 times till the end of the year
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
サーバ: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2023-06-15 10:34:51  
It's adding a glow on last stage. Historically glow is for crazy dedicated people.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-15 11:12:12  
Bahamut.Galakar said: »

Knowing S-E they could mean 90k which will be able to achieve with fully upgraded prime weapons. ;)

I think that is starting to look like what SE meant, because looking at the damage from some of the new melee weapons at Stage 3, it's looking more and more like melee setups might be the way to go when some of them are doing over 90k on basement bosses. But that's such a disingenuous statement to make that "fast groups" will be able to farm their weapons so much faster, because they actually need the weapons first. Who makes statement like that besides SE?
By SimonSes 2023-06-15 11:41:39  
Carbuncle.Samuraiking said: »
Bahamut.Galakar said: »

I think that is starting to look like what SE meant, because looking at the damage from some of the new melee weapons at Stage 3, it's looking more and more like melee setups might be the way to go when some of them are doing over 90k on basement bosses. But that's such a disingenuous statement to make that "fast groups" will be able to farm their weapons so much faster, because they actually need the weapons first. Who makes statement like that besides SE?

Currently the fastest method by far is still mage method and kill 8bosses + aminon most of the time. Doesn't require any Prime. Unless we will see a method to kill Aminon with melee, what you are now saying has no application. The only melee method that I can imagine might work for Aminon is 2x DRK or DRK + job like DNC, who can build TP out of Job ability and push def down for PDL+ (whole setup would be DRK DRKorDNC SCH RDM COR BRD). DRK with DNC or DRKs using Absorb-TP and tacticians roll to get TP, then doing very strong 3 step darkness with COR (like Leaden > Torcleaver > Climactic Rudra) then maybe zerging last 25% using Soul Enslavement, but with no tank and no whm or sch it could be hard. Maybe with SCH instead of geo. Still rough theory, when mages doing it is a fact.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-06-15 11:45:47  
Would imagine a melee aminon would have to look something like Mboze. His moves are just too oppressive to deal with even when sealed.
By SimonSes 2023-06-15 12:24:18  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Would imagine a melee aminon would have to look something like Mboze. His moves are just too oppressive to deal with even when sealed.

And he has regain afaik, so you need more frequent tp reset, so imo still 3 ppl with absorb TP. DRK or Darks being obvious choice, beside probably SCH/drk and RDM/drk
 Carbuncle.Samuraiking
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: bossgalka
By Carbuncle.Samuraiking 2023-06-15 12:30:43  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »

Looking at the test for some of these Prime weapons, Idk, I can see an Mboze-esque setup working perfectly fine. While some of the 8-boss melee runs use a WAR as second dps for Armor Breaks, Impulse Mighty Rushes etc. I am sure they could do those with 2 DRKs, which would allow you to have 2 Soul Enslavements and double the melee on Aminion if it does, like Simon pointed out.

We still need more tests, but the melee weapons are looking insane. I imagine it will only get better when we flush out the exact amount of PDL needed for them as well, some of these tests have to have too much or too little and the damage is already massive.
By Felgarr 2023-06-17 07:59:31  
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I remember SE saying that these weaponskills can change the behavior of bosses in Sortie?

Has anyone used a prime WS on a boss and notice new behavior? Maybe staggering red/yellow/blue? ...or just ....anything, at all? :shrug:

Post deleted by User.
By Felgarr 2023-06-17 09:04:46  
KujahFoxfire said: »
Felgarr said: »
Sorry if it's been mentioned before, but I remember SE saying that these weaponskills can change the behavior of bosses in Sortie?

Has anyone used a prime WS on a boss and notice new behavior? Maybe staggering red/yellow/blue? ...or just ....anything, at all? :shrug:

The changing behaviour is almost certainly the different drops based on stage you have, nothing more.

SE sures knows how to underwhelm.
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-17 11:03:44  
So from experience not related to the Ixion, I had a thought on what it probably is... Though I really don't know how it is possible.

After some testing with a melee setup, I think it is safe to say that the conditions for both the Botulus and Naraka are simply more that 50% of the damage has to be WS damage.

That being said, is it possible and a little bit ridiculous that the Ixion is more than 50% in Skillchain damage?
By Taint 2023-06-17 11:33:17  
Asura.Cthaeh said: »
So from experience not related to the Ixion, I had a thought on what it probably is... Though I really don't know how it is possible.

After some testing with a melee setup, I think it is safe to say that the conditions for both the Botulus and Naraka are simply more that 50% of the damage has to be WS damage.

That being said, is it possible and a little bit ridiculous that the Ixion is more than 50% in Skillchain damage?

We tried 6 stepping him to death with a SAM, didn't get chest. I doubt it was 50% SC damage but that would be a tough control point.

Maybe its 50%+ melee damage? Would be easy to test, maybe I'll try that tonight.

My other thought was clearing the elements near him, but that wouldn't be time effective at all and make the chest pointless.
By SimonSes 2023-06-17 11:48:32  
Kill one of each element in order of days of the week, starting from current day? :)
 Asura.Cthaeh
By Asura.Cthaeh 2023-06-17 12:14:53  
Taint said: »

We tried 6 stepping him to death with a SAM, didn't get chest. I doubt it was 50% SC damage but that would be a tough control point.

Maybe its 50%+ melee damage? Would be easy to test, maybe I'll try that tonight.

My other thought was clearing the elements near him, but that wouldn't be time effective at all and make the chest pointless.

Maybe try this dropping SAM/Chaos for Allies/Wizards. Even 6 stepping skillchains you are mixing in quite a bit of white/WS damage. Low buff, boost skillchain damage only.

Things I've tested: white damage only on MNK as well as melee crit, and CRIT WS from all directions on BLU with CDC
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2023-06-17 12:25:28  

I don't think Botchi and the Naraka are the same conditions. I have never failed to receive the chest/metal from Naraka from Weaponskill Spam, actively Skillchaining him, and magic burst damage. Literally, have always gotten the chest from Naraka. However, Botchi has failed to give the metal if he is hit with incidental skillchain damage, if he turns and takes a couple Weaponskills to his face, and when using a SCH to SC/MB him.

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2023-06-17 14:05:32  
Is it actually possible to break the horn of ixion? Would this be visible in the dats?

I tried a full crit WAR spamming Ukko's trying to break it. Nada.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-06-19 17:05:59  
So uh we just survived Vivisection on H boss after 3 mins, full party hit and no idea why we lived.

We had 0 fetters up when it used it, it full dispelled everyone but damage was perfectly fine.

Comp was RDM BLM SCH RUN GEO COR, RUN SP2 was not applied, had mnks roll and was using MB strat, any ideas why we lived?

Edit: also no metal

Do you have full log from that fight? Hard to even logically guess without knowing what happened.
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 149 150 151