2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » 20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
20th Anniversary Reddit AMA
First Page 2 ... 26 27 28
By gistofanything 2022-05-17 06:20:40  
Hello all!

In light of the upcoming 20th anniversary for FFXI, Square-Enix will be gracing us with their presence for an approximately 90 minute live event where the producer and director will be answering questions from the community!

Please see here for details, as well as below for our blurb on the subject:

Quote:
We are pleased to announce that the Final Fantasy XI Development Team will be holding an AMA (Ask Me Anything) within this subreddit on May 23rd in celebration of the 20th anniversary! Square Enix has graciously agreed to once again work with us in coordinating this AMA on r/ffxi. Stay tuned and Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito will be answering your questions on the 23rd.

• When: May 23rd at 6:30 p.m. PDT / 9:30 p.m. EDT

• Where: r/ffxi (pinned thread)

• Who: Producer Akihiko Matsui and Director Yoji Fujito

If you ever wanted to ask the Development Team a question, this will be your opportunity! We also recommend spreading the word about this AMA in advance, as it is a live event and is within a limited time window like most AMAs.

We look forward to sharing this opportunity with you all!
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 06:29:15  
Questions will be moderated? I hope so, otherwise God save us from all those trolls and/or angry people..
[+]
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2022-05-17 06:37:43  
We were better off sending a pre asked questions list for them to answer at their leisure. A 90 minute live event will not go over well. We will be lucky if we get any useful questions answered rather than 2-3 "we can't answer that at this time" and just ignoring the good ones. I hope the majority of questions are not cheese sandwich tier.
[+]
 Cerberus.Balloon
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2022-05-17 06:37:57  
SimonSes said: »
Questions will be moderated? I hope so, otherwise God save us from all those trolls and/or angry people..

The last time they did this it was moderated, they picked select questions. They picked mine about PUP and then never actually answered it, I enjoyed that.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-17 06:49:29  
I think the most important one is what happened to this announcement they kept teasing and telling us to wait 3 years for? Maybe it was the mobile ffxi but we should be told.
[+]
 Bahamut.Shozokui
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2022-05-17 06:49:37  
Only things I want to know are what was the intended Mboze strategy, since our victories were always TP drain luck-based, is Denounce broken since it kills you most of the time on v20, and is the new battle content alliance content since even the JP community doesn't like 6-player focused content...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-17 06:57:14  
Oh I can't wait!

I'm so *** thrilled to hear about the new cheese sandwich.

The only part more exciting is finding out which douchebag asks it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-17 07:13:44  
What is the mastery rank cap? weve seen rank 8, but does a rank 9 exist?

Any more details at all about what will and won't count towards mastery rank (aside from what they've already said previously)

Are the titles "Fortune's Favorite" and "High Roller" in-game? If so, perhaps a hint towards their acquisition would be nice

Im much more interested in things that I can't find out at all except through their interaction

Edit: and yes, I understand this event is definitely more for the idiots asking questions about nostalgic and inane ***like which job was their favorite to play through the dunes
[+]
By Ninjaxtasy 2022-05-17 07:14:13  
the moderator will see interesting questions/comments...
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 07:42:44  
Draylo said: »
I think the most important one is what happened to this announcement they kept teasing and telling us to wait 3 years for? Maybe it was the mobile ffxi but we should be told.

Pretty sure they meant:
5h stream
We are Vana'diel materials
Merch
Announcement of Prime weapons and timeline for Empy, master level and TVR

For you most of this might be "whatever", but for them it was special and lots of preparation (especially stream).

If they will give you that answer, you will do what? Ask another question "but what you have said or what was being translated looked like you are hyping us for something more"?

It really goes nowhere. They prepared what they prepared. There is nothing more. Stop hurting yourself and reopen that wound that you clearly have.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2022-05-17 08:00:35  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
What is the mastery rank cap? weve seen rank 8, but does a rank 9 exist?

Any more details at all about what will and won't count towards mastery rank (aside from what they've already said previously)

Are the titles "Fortune's Favorite" and "High Roller" in-game? If so, perhaps a hint towards their acquisition would be nice

Im much more interested in things that I can't find out at all except through their interaction

Edit: and yes, I understand this event is definitely more for the idiots asking questions about nostalgic and inane ***like which job was their favorite to play through the dunes
Hows a person who cares about the single most useless thing in the game gonna call someone an idiot for caring about nostalgic stuff on 20th anniversary?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2022-05-17 08:10:20  
Mastery Rank and/or abandoned titles, while silly (but interesting), actually have a non zero chance of being answered.

AMA is to ask questions TO staff, not ABOUT staff
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2022-05-17 08:16:54  
Is there anything else in game that is a mystery I need to ask the devs about?

I personally can't think of anything, and asking them questions about the future of the plans for the game and stuff like that is a waste of a question. All that does is satisfy impatience for things you'll eventually see happen anyway in the future

I'd much rather ask questions about things that will never be revealed otherwise. Ebon panel type stuff
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 08:27:31  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Is there anything else in game that is a mystery I need to ask the devs about?

Tons of stuff. I hope I will find some time to think about it and prepare something. Might not be answered, but at least I will know I tried :)
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-17 08:28:42  
There is a lot more salt on Reddit about the lack of a remaster, new UI, POL removal, expansion, etc than there is here. There also seem to be a lot of people there that don't play the game but still like to express how annoyed they are that SE didn't completely rework the client.

So yea, expect this to go poorly.
[+]
 Valefor.Esdain
サーバ: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2022-05-17 08:29:53  
The obligatory "we interact with our NA playerbase" moment that covers them for the next three years. Sprinkle another two Primed For Adventure in 2022 and that will be it for all the notice we will get this year.

Please look forward to it.
[+]
By gistofanything 2022-05-17 08:32:02  

This will be a live event piloted by the producer and director, with the assistance of the community team. We believe Square will pick and choose from questions that are asked within the thread in the 90 minute time period.
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 08:34:38  
Valefor.Esdain said: »
The obligatory "we interact with our NA playerbase" moment that covers them for the next three years. Sprinkle another two Primed For Adventure in 2022 and that will be it for all the notice we will get this year.

Please look forward to it.

One salty question I have that I feel is worth to ask is "Why there was no translation for at least prerecorded part of 20th Anniversary stream and can we get such translation for the next year, because it was really disrespectful for non JP playerbase"
[+]
 Carbuncle.Arakon
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: arakon
By Carbuncle.Arakon 2022-05-17 08:41:43  
I never got an answer for my question, is it worth trying again?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52351/ask-the-ffxi-development-team-your-questions/4#3348206
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 09:13:26  
Carbuncle.Arakon said: »
I never got an answer for my question, is it worth trying again?

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/52351/ask-the-ffxi-development-team-your-questions/4#3348206

For sure :)
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2022-05-17 09:22:08  
I'm gonna ask them if they listen to Metallica's Kill 'em all
[+]
 Bahamut.Brixy
Guide Maker
user: Brixy
By Bahamut.Brixy 2022-05-17 09:26:45  
What happened to the UI upgrade they showed years ago, but canned? Like... you literally had a working in game upgrade, showed it off, and then trashed it. What happened to FFXI: mobile, and why didn't they try to recycle it into a new engine for FFXI? What happened to the years worth of effort put into a website and interviews and nothing for the actual anniversary that said website was for? No new exp ring for exemplary points? No job adjustments like they announced they were going to focus on? What was the special announcement that had years of build up? I sure as *** hope it wasn't "empyrean armor is coming!!!!"
[+]
 Asura.Iamaman
user: iamaman
By Asura.Iamaman 2022-05-17 09:37:53  
Bahamut.Brixy said: »
What happened to the UI upgrade they showed years ago, but canned?

They commented on this in another AMA. Apparently deadlines for RoV resulted in it being shelved.

Quote:
What happened to FFXI: mobile, and why didn't they try to recycle it into a new engine for FFXI?

AFAIK this was never advertised as a 1:1 replacement for FFXI, it was a spinoff that would exist in another space (same world, but not shared characters).
[+]
By SimonSes 2022-05-17 10:24:48  
and why didn't they try to recycle it into a new engine for FFXI?

Lol.. I wouldn't take you serious after this :D

What happened to the years worth of effort put into a website and interviews and nothing for the actual anniversary that said website was for?

Website is exactly for interviews and art. It was leading to 5 hour stream all about 20th anniversary and new music for example. You doesn't care about it, I can understand it, but you clearly can see they care and in their eyes it all has sense.

No new exp ring for exemplary points?

Only good question :)

No job adjustments like they announced they were going to focus on?

They announced nothing like that. It's people mistake of taking some translation out of the context.

What was the special announcement that had years of build up?

Prime weapons, 1 more year of TVR storyline and new battlefield. Also assurance, that they plan to keep the game going for another 10years or more.
[+]
By Draylo 2022-05-17 10:57:23  
Man do you work for SE now or you just *** kissing? Cant believe how happy you are over this garbage
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2022-05-17 11:03:45  
and why didn't they try to recycle it into a new engine for FFXI?

Lol.. I wouldn't take you serious after this :D

Good thing is, no one asked you to take him seriously! ^____^ I had no idea you worked for SE to answer his questions and tell him what to ask or so...
By Banhammer 2022-05-17 11:08:39  

The Square Enix / FFXI community relationship.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-17 11:27:18  
Bahamut.Negan said: »
I'm gonna ask them if they listen to Metallica's Kill 'em all

Clearly not, as they only have 1 Horseman, Odin, instead of the Four Horsemen. But they gave us a new chocobo, who I've nicknamed Motorbreath as he gave me Whiplash while riding to Ifrit's Cauldron to Jump In The Fire. After showing No Remorse to the Phantom Lord, I decided to Hit The Lights and call it a day, because trying to please people in a 20 year old game is like Pulling Teeth.
[+]
 Fenrir.Richybear
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Richybear
By Fenrir.Richybear 2022-05-17 11:27:53  
I missed Seek and Destroy but I'm not going back to edit that. lol
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie