What Do You Want From EMPY+3?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What do you want from EMPY+3?
What do you want from EMPY+3?
First Page 2 3 4
 Asura.Topace
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Topace
By Asura.Topace 2021-10-10 18:16:04  
For your job? We all know EMPY+3 is good af for most job and will be broken af if following the af/relic format. What do you want for you job.
By Draylo 2021-10-10 18:47:12  
I want unique effects for all jobs, not just stat vomit. Specifically for BLU i would love Blue magic add effect potency and buff duration increases.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-10-10 19:18:14  
Actually make it worth wearing for more than 1 second every 10 minutes for a single Job Ability gearswap.

I can only speak for the jobs I play atm, so

Thief
  • Head might become BIS.

• Body would need a good boost to surpass AF+3.

• Hands will continue to be a swap piece.

• Legs would need a massive boost.

• Feet is an interesting one. If it got to TH+5 by +3ing it, you'd only need one slot to max TH. So you'd gain back another slot.

Summoner
  • Head is unlikely to surpass Cath Palug Crown or any other piece for damage. At best if it gets +4 Refresh it's an idle piece.

• Body would need to be amazing to pass AF+3's stats. I don't see it happening. Maybe an idle set piece if they add Refresh or DT down.

• Hands I don't see anything happening with it. It wasn't great 10 years ago nevermind now.

• Legs...nah. Apogee Slacks etc here.

• Feet. Put Refresh on this and give me an excuse to sell Bayami.

Bismarck.Drakelth
サーバ: Bismarck
user: drakelth
By Bismarck.Drakelth 2021-10-10 19:21:35  
wsd 10 head for blu with decent stats everywhere else is about all I expect for blu. not like spells are worth casting outside of cleaving anyways.
 Odin.Senaki
サーバ: Odin
user: Senaki
By Odin.Senaki 2021-10-10 19:23:28  
I like the idea of the set bonus they provide. I'd want them increased in potency in order to encourage using the sets beyond for just job abilities / one spell.
[+]
 Bahamut.Mhysa
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Nathoo
By Bahamut.Mhysa 2021-10-10 19:56:16  
For it to stop being a myth and to actually be released, that's all I ask, its been forever! :(
[+]
By Jetackuu 2021-10-10 20:26:49  
Another favor tier.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2021-10-10 20:32:52  
Additional Effect: Wardrobe +1
[+]
 Bahamut.Negan
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2021-10-10 20:34:53  
STR+100 MND+100 Savage Blade Damage +120%
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2021-10-10 21:38:03  
Dnc (other than higher base stats):
Head- climactic crit hits +2 and damage +30%
Body- striking flourish crit rate +75%, ternary flourish crit rate +50%, swap dual wield for store tp
Hands- reverse flourish +15
Legs- no real hope, maybe inquartata+8 or something just for flavor
Feet- feather step+6, add Acc for its only purpose

They are basically all macro pieces still, which means the set bonus is useless. However, feet, hands, and head would be useful and body would be interesting.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Slib
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Slib
By Carbuncle.Slib 2021-10-10 21:46:31  
Blm empy to remove the magic crit and add a new stat that acts like rayke, piercing SDT. That’s what I’d like to see.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-10 21:49:14  
No interest. Nothing new to beat that needs it
[+]
 Cerberus.Dekar
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Dekar1
By Cerberus.Dekar 2021-10-10 21:51:24  
I'd love to see them update the set effect for BRD to something useful for the modern day. Likewise, I'd love for each piece to add something to their respective song besides Song +1. Not sure what I'd like added, but something.
 Lakshmi.Watusa
user: Watusa
By Lakshmi.Watusa 2021-10-10 23:04:22  
I want to feel massive.
 Bahamut.Suph
user: Suph
By Bahamut.Suph 2021-10-10 23:31:55  
Break damage limit to 999,999
[+]
By Creecreelo 2021-10-10 23:51:43  
Mainly I hope they really pump up the defensive stats when Emp goes from +2/3, more than what they did for AF/Relic +2/3.

It looks like for AF/Relic, each piece gains +10 Def/HP/MP/Eva/Meva, MDB+1 and +5 Stat vomit for base attributes present. If they follow the same trend of this for Emp +2/3, that simply isn't going to do, especially in comparison to Odyssey armor.

I'm thinking instead they should do like +25~30 Def/HP/MP/Eva/Meva, MDB+2~3 and +10 Stat Vomit for +2 and +3. Edit: Perhaps adding some general DT to the sets too would be really nice, even if it's not a ton.

And lastly, I hope it's actually challenging to achieve these pieces. I'd like to see strong foes, maybe boss gauntlets or having to face multiple bosses at once, some interesting mechanics.
By Torzak 2021-10-11 00:45:08  
For RDM, I'm not sure I much care for further enhancement of the set bonus (enfeeble/enhance duration). I won't exactly be upset if it is enhanced, but I feel with 10min Haste IIs without even taking up the enhance merit category (and 30min self cast - capped, can't get higher), it is pretty easy to manage/maintain buffs/debuffs. And the feet already bring 30% enhance magic duration, so if they boost the feet and boost the set bonus, it's just too much IMO. Throwing around 15min Haste IIs or what? It sounds cool from a lazy point of view, but it's getting pretty superfluous.

I suspect they'll add some enhance skill on the feet, maybe it'll be enough to get another +1% to Triple Attack on Temper II. Maybe they can add a Phalanx + 3 (or more) on the feet so it's not a competition between potency and duration and we can get rid of a piece of gear.

The legs will probably get more Refresh Potency. They could surprise me and add something like "Augments Refresh: Adds +10Magic Accuracy & +10 Magic Attack Bonus" or something and that'd be interesting, too. (Edit: Maybe Pet macc & mab, too)

I suspect the hands will just get more of the same. Increased macc, enfeeble skill and sab bonus. I'd love to see a surprise enfeeble focused addition to what's already on them. Duration seems like the simplest to implement, but I think duration isn't needing lots of improvements.

It'd be nice if the body became something you could actually idle in. Shamash is pretty awesome for that, though. Without it becoming something overall worthwhile to idle in (-Damage Taken, high magic evasion, high magic defense bonus, -enmity, etc), I don't see any point boosting the Refresh per tick on it, which it'll likely get 1 or 2 more of. Other obvious increases would most likely be more Enfeeble Magic Effect.

The hat was kind of a disappointment to me even when getting +1 on it was new. I don't know what they'll do with it. Don't really care about 15% enfeeble cast time with all the fast cast.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-10-11 01:01:13  
Zubis said: »
Actually make it worth wearing for more than 1 second every 10 minutes for a single Job Ability gearswap.

I can only speak for the jobs I play atm, so

Thief
  • Head might become BIS.

• Body would need a good boost to surpass AF+3.

• Hands will continue to be a swap piece.

• Legs would need a massive boost.

• Feet is an interesting one. If it got to TH+5 by +3ing it, you'd only need one slot to max TH. So you'd gain back another slot.

Summoner
  • Head is unlikely to surpass Cath Palug Crown or any other piece for damage. At best if it gets +4 Refresh it's an idle piece.

• Body would need to be amazing to pass AF+3's stats. I don't see it happening. Maybe an idle set piece if they add Refresh or DT down.

• Hands I don't see anything happening with it. It wasn't great 10 years ago nevermind now.

• Legs...nah. Apogee Slacks etc here.

• Feet. Put Refresh on this and give me an excuse to sell Bayami.

This is some terribad analysis
THF emp hands are not a relevant swap piece.
SMN head getting another avatar's favor+ would be awesome cause it would knock another second off bp recast
SMN feet are all about elemnetal siphon so not sure why you want refresh on them when su3 has 3 refresh
SMN legs could be very good for magic bps with the tp bonus if they got actual MAB/MACC
SMN body already has 11 bp dmg, AF+3 has 16? if it beats that could be useful depending on other stats
 Bahamut.Galakar
user: Galakar
By Bahamut.Galakar 2021-10-11 01:52:32  
For MNK, make the Augments "Impetus" on the body stronger, and add some crit rate and crit dmg to the body. For feet, add triple attack bonus and store tp (and obviously make all the existing stats stronger, the "kick atttacks" attack bonus is way too low).
By Lobivopsis 2021-10-11 03:44:54  
Even if the Amini Caban +3 has only a modest increase to Velocity Shot like say +7% -> +10% it'll still be ridiculously good because the ranged delay reduction on Velocity Shot is not subject to the 70% cap on Snapshot and +9% from the Belenus's cape and Amini Caban +2 is already pretty good. The -34% from Velocity Shot (25% + 9% from the cape and body) gets calculated after the -70% from Snapshot, and Rapid Shot also is calculated outside the 70% cap.

And if you haven't played ranged jobs and don't see what the problem is because the Amini Caban +2 has pretty poor stats other than the +7% Velocity Shot, we use a trick to get around that. You can swap in a snapshot set start the ranged attack cycle then swap it out for your real DD set before the shot actually lands.

Bahamut.Suph said: »
Break damage limit to 999,999

Yes lets make Gastraphetes even more disgusting than it already is. At least a 2 hit RNG (1 hit with double shot up) is kept somewhat in check by the cap right now.

Problem with that is certain WS and or weapons will need to be heavily nerfed if they lift the cap to avoid breaking the game in half like the titanic.

Yes I'd love to become the FFXI embodiment of Shoop da Whoop, but I know what the consequences to RNG would be long term, another over nerf by SE that would ruin RNG again because SE does not know what "happy medium" means.
 Asura.Zetaking
user: metaking
By Asura.Zetaking 2021-10-11 03:55:00  
Blu helm normal extra stats, and enhances additional effect chance based on tp (influx 1hour or chain affinity) on physical blu spells

Body enhances unbridled learning/knowledge (gives physical spells a 1k tp bonus and the magical ones 15% dmg and a macc boost for these spells)

hands: enhance blu magic duration (buff and debuff)+20% also slat it toward nukeing stats heavily

legs: bring the enflux bonus up to 1k and augment family affinity, which would have 2 effects 1 increases dmg based on the spells family tree but would also let blu tap into its killer effects for dmg

feet increases burst affinity duration by 15 seconds and the effect not being consumed on nuke (aka 45 second bursting stance)

think over all this would be good without anything to broken.. legs might be a little strong tho
By Mattelot 2021-10-11 06:31:11  
Lakshmi.Watusa said: »
I want to feel massive.

Tadalafil is what you seek.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-10-11 08:38:24  
Just for all melee classes(because I don't really play mages) in general I would love to see the gear set bonus be good enough to actually use all 5 pieces full time for TPing. For NIN(since that's what I play most), the "Augments Dual Wield" is nice since multi-attacking is so critical, but it isn't worth full-timing every piece. I would just love to see gear set bonuses that were actually worth taking advantage of in a "full-time" scenario.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-11 08:54:13  
The real answer has to be Nyame path B + PDL + Store TP so then you can drop all other gear in the game! :D

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-10-11 09:26:40  
It's kind of hard to really answer this question for myself honestly. There is so much power creep in the game at the moment, it's really hard to know what is really needed.

For jobs like War and Drk for instance, it is going to be really difficult for these sets to compete with odyssey gear. Sakpata is just really all-around good, and Nyame covers a lot of spots with Path B, even though it's stats are kinda meh.

Empy +3 would have to be pretty defensive + have good spots to muscle in on that gear.

What I would love, although it would kill my inventory, would be to get abyssea accessories upgraded to level 99. I still use my Mavi Tathlum for instance, would love job specific accessories (that are storable) to come back.

Edit: THF gets ilvl Raider's Boomerang with the DW +6 on it, I'd take it!
By Zubis 2021-10-11 09:38:10  
Guyford said: »
THF emp hands are not a relevant swap piece.
Fair.

SMN head getting another avatar's favor+ would be awesome cause it would knock another second off bp recast
What SMN doesn't have bp recast capped at this point?

SMN feet are all about elemnetal siphon so not sure why you want refresh on them when su3 has 3 refresh
I literally said in the same post give me an excuse to sell Bayami. It would be nice to actually wear Empy gear and do more than just a swap piece.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-11 10:42:11  
Beastmaster:

Head, just more monster correlation effects
Body should be the WSD piece, has atk/acc already plus good synergy with Killer effects
Hands, eh Ready TP bonus +1000 and pet atk/acc/mab/macc PLUS pet multihit would be the dream
Legs need to be a flat master/pet DT-10%, put us right up against DT cap
Feet, no idea

Dragoon:

Head is useless right now, no idea what they could do to make it useful
Body is already a very good STP piece for mythic, adding more STP and some other useful stat (dt? high meva? multihit) would be a win
Hands would be legit with even more DA and something like PDL for Stardiver
Legs and feet are probably going to remain swap piece for those abilities
[+]
 Sylph.Cossack
サーバ: Sylph
user: sandman16
By Sylph.Cossack 2021-10-11 12:05:17  
BLM
Head = meh
Body = meh
Hands = meh
Legs = meh
Feet = Negates the resist wall, Bypasses the mtdr.
 Bismarck.Celerin
user: Celerin
By Bismarck.Celerin 2021-10-11 12:31:59  
For War:

Head, Body, Hands: More of what they have, just bigger numbers and defensive stats.
Legs will probably be the WS piece with Fencer +3, although if they would put more DA on it to swap out more pieces for other things, I would not cry about that. Also, defensive stats.
Feet is where I want WSD to go to and higher Crit Dmg+. Again, also, defensive stats.

Would be interesting to see if they put something on one of the pieces to augment Brazen Rush like to increase duration to slow deterioration rate.
First Page 2 3 4