What Do You Want From EMPY+3?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What do you want from EMPY+3?
What do you want from EMPY+3?
 Sylph.Chocobro
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Bilix
By Sylph.Chocobro 2021-10-11 13:26:08  
Not much you can do for GEO besides if they made a stat that let you negate some of the resistance enemies have to geomancy debuffs.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-11 13:46:53  
Asura.Sirris said: »
Head is useless right now, no idea what they could do to make it useful

Is it really "useless"? Wyvern's absorb damage is a pretty neat stat, can probably still fit it into current sets if you wanted to. Could make it higher with a lot more defensive/hybrid stats for the master so you can worry less about your dragon dying and free up spots elsewhere. In AOE-heavy fights it would make a difference if your guy could get a free heal here and there instead of having to ride pet:dt set or spirit link timers.
By Gruknor 2021-10-11 13:59:14  
Sylph.Chocobro said: »
Not much you can do for GEO besides if they made a stat that let you negate some of the resistance enemies have to geomancy debuffs.

If they do that, why not just remove the resistance that certain enemies have?
By Mattelot 2021-10-11 14:02:56  
Gruknor said: »
If they do that, why not just remove the resistance that certain enemies have?

Full power Geo bubbles on Mireu :o
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2021-10-11 14:37:44  
Sch head - more regen potency. Up to 25%
Sch feet - more ebullience power, up to 25%
 Asura.Syto
サーバ: Asura
user: Sessho
By Asura.Syto 2021-10-11 14:44:32  
These ideas are awesome..

But we need harder content and also harder Alliance based content to actually really see the use in these amazing ideas of gear upgrades..

Current content is too weak now.. We have veterans in LS and statics quitting now after we completed all of Odyssey content and every other content in the game.. (Every Armor Set Completed in Odyssey R20)

Making easy content easier with stronger gear doesn't align with so many people's views of an MMO.. Currently we are over powered as it is for every content currently out.. Even Odyssey.. This is why they had to gimp us by lowering the battle time and taking away our subjobs.. lol

I hope that acquiring the Empy Reforged +3 upgrades will be fun like it was in Abyssea when it first released and the content was challenging to some degree and/or they release content that is incredibly challenging and will require every morsel of power you can get from the gear and a full alliance combined!

Lets hope for this gear to be unlocked in Tartarus! They have the unfinished schematics already of the zone and some awesome NMs they sketched up years ago.. I hope they don't give up on this brilliant idea of a zone for the highest level of NMs to challenge!
[+]
By Guyford 2021-10-11 16:05:51  
Zubis said: »
Guyford said: »
SMN head getting another avatar's favor+ would be awesome cause it would knock another second off bp recast
What SMN doesn't have bp recast capped at this point?
Avatar's Favor breaks the bp recast cap...
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-11 19:39:43  
Many jobs (11 of 22) still have no ilevel 18% movement speed piece outside of Seekers reward ring. I think every single job should have an 18% piece with i119 stats, and Empy reforged legs/feet +3 is a great place to stick that. If not on Empy, release a couple of successor pieces to old pre-Adoulin movement speed gear that is STILL the BiS.

- WAR MNK PUP are still using Hermes' Sandals for 12%
- WHM BLM SMN SCH are still using Herald's/Crier's Gaiters for 12% (MNK also has this as a 12% option)
- NIN SAM are still using Danzo Sune-Ate for 12% (daytime only for NIN, AF during night/dusk-dawn for 25%)
- BST DNC are still using Skadi's Jambeaux +1 for 18%, but non-ilevel stats

There's clearly no legitimate argument that it would be "broken" to give 18%, since the ring can give it and half of the jobs DO have an ilevel 18% option. Some jobs got this issue fixed with +3 AF or Relic reforged pieces. So what the heck are they waiting for?
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-11 20:09:53  
18% is old hat; they should give us 24% on every leg piece.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-11 20:33:51  
What do you want from EMPY+3? I want it to make dad come home.

He left to pick up a six pack of Mich Ultra, a pack of Marlboro Red 100's, and some scratchers at the gas station. That was eight years ago.

Come home, daddy.
[+]
By Zubis 2021-10-11 20:42:46  
Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
Many jobs (11 of 22) still have no ilevel 18% movement speed piece outside of Seekers reward ring.

Honestly I traded my ring in recently for the movement ring.
Having +18% on SMN, THF, MNK, WHM, WAR etc is such a game changer, even while running around questing.
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2021-10-11 21:30:32  
THF?
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Skd._Jambeaux_%2B1

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Jute_Boots_%2B1

Am I a joke to you?
[+]
 Asura.Essylt
user: quro
By Asura.Essylt 2021-10-11 23:32:17  
Lobivopsis said: »
Yes lets make Gastraphetes even more disgusting than it already is. At least a 2 hit RNG (1 hit with double shot up) is kept somewhat in check by the cap right now.
Technically, with enough hover shot stacks, you can break the 99k cap right now with Barrage.
 Asura.Slugger
user: Beau
By Asura.Slugger 2021-10-11 23:54:54  
I want a reason to re-enter Abyssea zones. I actually loved it when it was released.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-12 01:13:17  

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Pill._Poulaines_%2B3

Am *I* a joke to *you*? :P (but yeah I use Jute +1 too instead of spending the money on the AF+3 upgrade mats)

Zubis said: »
Many jobs (11 of 22) still have no ilevel 18% movement speed piece outside of Seekers reward ring.

Honestly I traded my ring in recently for the movement ring.
Having +18% on SMN, THF, MNK, WHM, WAR etc is such a game changer, even while running around questing.

IDK, I get the convenience factor, but I also don't think 6% more movement speed is nearly as much of a game changer as a lot of jobs get from a ring that actually helps battle performance. Weatherspoon for RNG (Trueflight) or RDM (Seraph Blade), Thurandaut for PUP, etc. Or the crafting ring for crafters. Or even something that's just damn solid all jobs WS gear for many jobs (Karieyh +1). If you could earn multiple SoA rings, maybe yeah.

Otherwise, just give all of the jobs parity on this convenience stat (idle gear that gets you places slightly faster, nobody's using it to RDM solo/kite Genbu these days lol). Tossing it on an Empy piece is an easy way to do that, and TBH is enough of a reason for someone like me to engage in the grind of upgrading like they want me to.
By Zubis 2021-10-12 02:15:41  
Asura.Aeonova said: »

THF?

* THF without using feet gear, sorry. That's why I got the ring - I got so used to 18% on THF I needed it for other chars.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-10-12 02:45:22  
mostly, I'm just hoping that empy+3 gear enables something new for most jobs, not just higher stat TP/WS gear. Things like a focus on archery for RNG (the hands really would be easy to make a BiS archery TP and/or WS piece for example), or melee on BLM- those kind of things that honestly we don't "need" in order to succeed in the game, but expand our way of doing things vs just making how we already stuff easier.
[+]
By Fribbit 2021-10-12 08:19:59  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
mostly, I'm just hoping that empy+3 gear enables something new for most jobs, not just higher stat TP/WS gear. Things like a focus on archery for RNG (the hands really would be easy to make a BiS archery TP and/or WS piece for example), or melee on BLM- those kind of things that honestly we don't "need" in order to succeed in the game, but expand our way of doing things vs just making how we already stuff easier.

I second this for RNG. Whether it's Emp+2/3 or an Archery overhaul or whatever, making Archery viable again for RNG is something I've been hoping happens for quite some time. Guns just never felt right to me on RNG.
[+]
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-12 08:30:45  
Since there have been several comments on the thief set so far I thought it might be worth a moment to remind everyone why the original Raider's +2 set was so game changing for the job. Does anyone else remember as well as me why the level 85 pieces were so sought after? The answer is actually quite simple. You could cap haste with it...

It may sound trivial now, but that was such a huge deal at the time. Before abyssea thief's best TP set was turban, raparee harness, homam hands, legs, feet, and swift belt (22% haste for most of us) or speed belt (24% for the very rare elite). Getting that extra 4% haste along with a significant chunk of accuracy and some triple attack signified the turning point where thief transitioned from being a capable addition to merit party but a simple treasure hunter stick on anything NM related to an actual damage dealer. This was coupled with the increased weapon damage that brought daggers up to a respectable point (lvl 75 daggers base damage was so low they were often a liability to hit NMs with because they fed too much TP to justify the pinpricks).

In today's meta the power creep is so high that all the melee jobs have similar damage potential when geared to their maximum, but coming out of the lvl 75 era thief was disproportionately behind the crowd. I don't expect the empyrean +3 set to do as much now as it did in relation back then, but since this thread is about what we'd LIKE to see on the sets my wish is simple. I'd like the empyrean set +3 to keep in theme with the original set, where the head, body, and legs are BiS TP pieces, hands are a weaponskill piece, and feet are a treasure hunter piece. Something like 7% triple attack on the head, 10% on the body, and 8% on the legs, with the hands gaining 10% WSD and 60-65 dex and a large chunk of attack, and the feet gaining treasure hunter +5. That would keep the set thematically intact for today's meta.
 Asura.Sirris
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-10-12 10:19:19  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Head is useless right now, no idea what they could do to make it useful

Is it really "useless"? Wyvern's absorb damage is a pretty neat stat, can probably still fit it into current sets if you wanted to. Could make it higher with a lot more defensive/hybrid stats for the master so you can worry less about your dragon dying and free up spots elsewhere. In AOE-heavy fights it would make a difference if your guy could get a free heal here and there instead of having to ride pet:dt set or spirit link timers.

If it had some other stats to make it worthwhile, like master DT or high MEVA, then sure I could find a use for it. Most fights where there's a lot of AoE damage I don't typically use dragoon anyway.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-10-12 12:05:05  
Most fights where there's a lot of AoE damage I don't typically use dragoon anyway.

Precisely. Which is why upgrading that helmet to be a master/pet defensive piece would go a pretty good ways towards eliminating the fear of using drg in aoe heavy battles. Throw some acc/attack/PDT/stp or whatever stat vomit (along with the wyvern absorb trait) and I would practically full time that piece
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-12 12:18:28  
Fenrir.Melphina said: »
It may sound trivial now, but that was such a huge deal at the time. Before abyssea thief's best TP set was turban, raparee harness, homam hands, legs, feet, and swift belt (22% haste for most of us) or speed belt (24% for the very rare elite). Getting that extra 4% haste along with a significant chunk of accuracy and some triple attack signified the turning point where thief transitioned from being a capable addition to merit party but a simple treasure hunter stick on anything NM related to an actual damage dealer. This was coupled with the increased weapon damage that brought daggers up to a respectable point (lvl 75 daggers base damage was so low they were often a liability to hit NMs with because they fed too much TP to justify the pinpricks).
Actually, THF could hit 25% with Bullwhip Belt (Visions of Abyssea) before Empy gear came out (Scars/Heroes of Abyssea).

Jobs not on Bullwhip Belt hit 25% with Empy gear, though.
 Fenrir.Melphina
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2021-10-12 13:08:01  
Hah, you know I had completely forgotten about the bullwhip belt. Although technically that still wasn't enough to reach the haste cap because of the way the game counts each piece's haste value as a fraction. You would have needed the 26% haste we got via the empy set to reach the true cap, but it was really close. The empyrean set just took our existing TP set and made it that much better. Looking back at it you really get a feel for how the Ilvl stat vomit from adoulin changed the landscape post abyssea.
[+]
 Asura.Aquatiq
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2021-10-12 13:51:27  
i want the set bonuses to do meaningful things to make them get used, period
[+]
 Fenrir.Velner
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-10-12 14:18:26  
I want it to be released.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dajjal
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Dajjal 2021-10-12 14:28:07  
18% movement speed on Puppetmaster feet. I don't care about the other stats.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-10-12 16:55:46  
Comments on a few sets:

Ranger
Head: I have a really hard time seeing what the heck they can do with this piece with so many other strong head options for the same purposes the Empy set was originally geared toward (preshot, enm-). Maybe give it Subtle Blow II? Not a piece I have great expectations for.
Body: Empy +1 is always and forever preshot king, so any additional Velocity Shot is just a bonus. If it could also get some Snapshot to make it easier to cap when getting no flurry, even more awesome.
Hands: Probably gonna continue to be an Archery TP piece - fine, wake me up when Archery is worth using. Maybe make the Bounty Shot effect from these hands exceed current cap? As in, maybe initial Bounty Shot could immediately apply TH6 if using TH+4 in other gear plus these hands.
Legs: These may end up being killer Empy AM up ranged TP gear. They already have high STP and Crit rate, add some crit dmg+ and Racc/Ratk (or hell, throw Double Shot+ on there) and they would be amazing for Armageddon/Gandiva crit TP sets. I'd really love to get rid of my Darraigner's Brais...
Feet: WSD+10% here? Add some MAB too, for magical WS, and these are your perfect Marksmanship WS feet.

Samurai
I could totally see this set shaking up SAM TP gear quite a bit; doesn't seem unrealistic to imagine a great TP set with 3/5 Empy+3 (head, body, legs?) to make some use of Zanshin set bonus, paired with Tatenashi +1 hands/feet.

Head: Has high STP already, so it wouldn't be that shocking to see it end up as a good TP piece regardless of Hasso/Seigan. I do like the idea of bumping up the defensive stats though, continuing the theme of making it particularly strong for Seigan sets (with a little boost to the existing Seigan: Counter rate+)
Body: Still a good TP piece now, just bump up the stats a bit and maybe add some defensive perks, and enough offensive boost to beat Tatenashi (maybe add some TA and/or Zanshin?) and might be a killer TP piece.
Hands: Not expecting much here, TBH. Likely the lowlight of the set?
Legs: Could open up some options by capping delay with Hasso+ (JA haste) from this slot instead of hands. If a boost to STP (+1 are already STP+9) and whatever other offense/defense improvements they get outweighs AF+3 hands, this may become the better slot to use for Hasso TP.
Feet: SAM Empy feet were originally pretty WS focused, so make this the WSD+10% piece of the set, bump up the attribute/acc/atk stats, and there ya go. Stick movement speed +18% on these bad boys too so we can all stop using Danzo Sune-Ate...

Ninja
Head: This piece is kind of a mess thanks to DW that you don't often need. I doubt it will happen, but if +2/+3 drop the DW and make this just an Innin focused TP piece (add some other offensive stats) that could be interesting. There's already a good DW alternative with Ryuo for the rare occasions you might want DW from head slot (like, if you're getting absolutely ZERO haste buffs)
Body: Add WSD+10% to this piece and bump up the stats. There's your non-Nyame WSD option. Personally, I'd like to see it slightly better than Nyame - at the very least for purely physical 1-hit WS (Ten, Hi, Metsu, Savage); wouldn't be too upset if Nyame's mix of MAB/WSD makes it still pull ahead for hybrids.
Hands: Pump up the nuking stats even more, add some Magic Burst Bonus (or MBB II), and this should be the only hand armor NIN ever wants to use for any ninjutsu nukes.
Legs: Add Enmity+ and DT additions, give them high Meva/MDT/DEF, and these could be BiS tanking legs. In line with original theme of these enhancing Yonin.
Feet: Another shadow? lol. Make these movement speed +18%.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2021-11-01 22:20:14  
Ninja
Head: This piece is kind of a mess thanks to DW that you don't often need. I doubt it will happen, but if +2/+3 drop the DW and make this just an Innin focused TP piece (add some other offensive stats) that could be interesting. There's already a good DW alternative with Ryuo for the rare occasions you might want DW from head slot (like, if you're getting absolutely ZERO haste buffs)
Body: Add WSD+10% to this piece and bump up the stats. There's your non-Nyame WSD option. Personally, I'd like to see it slightly better than Nyame - at the very least for purely physical 1-hit WS (Ten, Hi, Metsu, Savage); wouldn't be too upset if Nyame's mix of MAB/WSD makes it still pull ahead for hybrids.
Hands: Pump up the nuking stats even more, add some Magic Burst Bonus (or MBB II), and this should be the only hand armor NIN ever wants to use for any ninjutsu nukes.
Legs: Add Enmity+ and DT additions, give them high Meva/MDT/DEF, and these could be BiS tanking legs. In line with original theme of these enhancing Yonin.
Feet: Another shadow? lol. Make these movement speed +18%.
Body's Migawari bonus should be made to work if cast in only, not full time.

Rest is noice.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-02 02:18:08  
but if +2/+3 drop the DW and make this just an Innin focused TP

Pipedream, give me something unique like "Converts Dual Wield to Store TP" kind of trait, which includes your base value. Keep the Innin stuff. Kind of an alternative version of Gokotai/Hachimonji. +35 STP on hat on an already high MA job would be lovely.
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2021-11-02 02:26:52  

Savage isn't a 1-hit WS

https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Savage_Blade
[+]