言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 37 38 39
By Haorhu8 2021-12-21 08:30:57  
Sending NQ to DB still open slot to drop a weapon ? Or you just get ring Peeble and earring ? On Easy mode with gears TH*
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-21 08:33:40  
If it's not in your inventory, it can drop again

It doesn't improve rates or change anything in any way.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-21 08:35:12  
I'm not sure if I get your question Haorhu.
What we and Radial Arcana were talking about was likely a different thing I'd dare say.

If you're the only person in a BC and the system decides that an item you already own is about to drop, that item will not appear in the treasure pool, giving you the impression that nothing dropped and skewing statistics on drop rates.

But if you send the drops you already have to your delivery box, the game will think you don't own those drops and so they will appear like normal in the treasure pool, if the game decides that item is gonna drop.

A practical example.
I already own a Crepuscular Pebble.
I kill Shinryu and the game rolls "Crepuscular Pebble" as item to drop. But since I already own one, nothing will appear in the treasure pool.

Example two:
I already own Crepuscular Pebble but I sent it to my Delivery Box.
I kill Shinryu and the game rolls "Crepuscular Pebble" as the item that dropped. The game doesn't know I have one already (it's in my DB) so Crepuscular Pebble will correctly appear in the treasure pool.

It's pretty much like that for every BC and every item marked as "Ra".
By Haorhu8 2021-12-21 09:00:14  
Ok i see thanks for information was Hopeless question... and yeah ring drop on round 1 second nothing... :)
By Haorhu8 2021-12-21 09:21:27  
Well with double exp campaign on its the Time to pugs for few rounds and stacks merits on 2-3 fats pulls et stack so fast with corsair Roll ill try to get a team and spam the ?
By Haorhu8 2021-12-21 09:22:15  
?= X fking phone correction
By AegParm 2021-12-21 09:38:36  
Asura.Sechs said: »
Yeah noticed Joachim was *** up songs with paeons and ballads quite often, so my uptime of March was likely quite low.

One of the reasons I was going /DRG though was for HighJump and SuperJump, to shed hate and allow Valaineral to be a decent tank as far as keeping hate is concerned.
With /DNC how do you deal with that? I feel that if I go /DNC I would end up tanking myself 90% of the time.
Am I wrong?

My strat for E that has worked about 1297 times out of 1300 is mlvl20 Thf/Drg (jumps are nice for extra tp, but the wsd is the ticket), full time malignance for meva, tauret and evisceration spam. Don't try to sc with rudras, he takes crap dark sc damage. Takes between 3-5 min, depending on how much of a *** Shinryu is being. The mlvl 20 helped cut down the time, but wasn't key to survival.

Survival is in the hands of trusts, and the only reason you'll die is if trusts die first, so duplicity in healers is key. In this order:

Sylvie
KoH (more health than most rdm = survivor)
Sehlteus
Ygnas
Monberaux (I dont pay for his stuff)

Best balance of heals and buffs. Any less heals, you may gain some time in buffs, but death is a much higher risk, a 3-5min isn't too bad.
By AegParm 2021-12-21 09:42:38  
RadialArcana said: »
I always send the NQ items to myself via del box before doing runs, so I at least get the pleasure of seeing something drop instead of nothing at all.

I considered this, to get real data, but I use the dagger! I think seeing scythe drop is almost worse than nothing lol.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-21 09:45:53  
As I mentioned before I was using, in this order:

Valaineral
Sylvie
Joachim
Koru-moru
Ygnas

Unless something bad happens, I wasn't really concerned with speed, I was taking my good time meleeing with 3K tp on waiting for SA, TA and Feint cooldowns to be up again so I could get better chances to proc those TH levelups.
Meleeing in my fullTH TP set which is... I dunno but I'll put something under spoiler.
If I wanted to kill Shinryu Fast I'm sure I could easily kill in 3 mins. Is it worth it? Maybe, maybe it is. But bringing that TH up gives me such a ***, even if it's useless lol.

By Haorhu8 2021-12-21 10:05:30  
On cor Easy mode i use EV - arciela - selteus - irhona II and yoran 100% win crook tact- chaos + malignance Dt spaming Sb turning off myself when aoe move terror Trust light shot simple 8-11 mins fight really easy but non drops

Sorry for my english :)
By AegParm 2021-12-21 11:27:28  
As I mentioned before I was using, in this order:

Yeah I know, but you were asking for suggestions!

Also, R15 tauret eh?
 Fenrir.Velner
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Velner
By Fenrir.Velner 2021-12-21 12:45:50  
I don't know what the story is but I have gotten 9 total drops from Shinryu over 475 runs. I was at 4/400 before update. I have now gotten 5 drops in the last 75 runs. Still no cloak or dagger but dang.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-21 12:53:32  
Damn! Meant R15 Twashtar lol.
R15 Tauret sounded funny xD

I'm definitely gonna test and try something with Selh'teus anyway, see what happuns.
Also probably gonna start ignoring fullTH gear and just zerg Shinryu as fast as possible.
By SimonSes 2021-12-21 13:04:30  
Fenrir.Velner said: »
I don't know what the story is but I have gotten 9 total drops from Shinryu over 475 runs. I was at 4/400 before update. I have now gotten 5 drops in the last 75 runs. Still no cloak or dagger but dang.

Im still getting nothing on D with TH8+ and I'm missing Knife, Cloak, Mail and Scythe
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-21 15:06:48  
Damn! Meant R15 Twashtar lol.
R15 Tauret sounded funny xD

I'm definitely gonna test and try something with Selh'teus anyway, see what happuns.
Also probably gonna start ignoring fullTH gear and just zerg Shinryu as fast as possible.
Assuming you dbox your accessories, you can record your drop rate to get an idea of which TH category he's on for your difficulty, from which you can decode whether it's enough of a difference to TH proc him or just apply initial TH8.
By AegParm 2021-12-22 17:06:46  
For anyone still trying on E, there is hope!

4/1466 (199 Scythe, 389 Dagger, Mail 1122, Helm 1466)
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-25 19:41:46  
Tried some more E runs with Selh'teus.
Using it in place of Ygnas didn't work out.
Using it in place of Joachim worked pretty well, despite me losing March (the uptime wasn't stellar anyway).

Did 12 more runs using my DT-TH8 set instead of my fullTH set, focusing on killing as fast as possible.
I still ended up holding up more than I intended to (old habits are hard to kill!) but I think Shinryu was going down in a bit less than 4 mins.

Out of these 12 runs TH was ranging from 10 to 11 and I got drops 10 times out of 12 runs.
Each and every time the drop has been either a Crepuscular Pebble or a Crepuscular Ring.
This seems a bit odd at first.
I'm pretty confident the Earring has the same droprate as the Pebble and the Ring and that it's just a matter of a small sample (we're talking about less than 50 kills here, I think)

Edit:
4 more kills.
2x Crepuscular Pebble
1x Nothing
1x Crepuscular Earring!!
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2021-12-26 13:16:47  
AegParm said: »
4/1466
Quote:
hope

[+]
By Slowforever 2021-12-26 17:08:21  
I am duo boxing brd and sch on normal, 0/8 so far and I feel very guilty not having th. Do you guys think +1 on chironic and belt swapped in on the last ws works?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-26 17:12:44  
Of course it would work, any action with TH "works"

Will it actually do anything going from TH0 to TH2? no. but yes.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-26 17:21:56  
Yes TH2 helps, just like when it's 27 degrees in your home, turning the heat up to 30 degrees "helps". It's all relative. Like Eirly said, with a drop rate so pathetic, its not particularly doing much, but there's no reason not to use TH4.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2021-12-26 21:46:52  
I solo on N with TH4 as BLU. I've done both /rdm and /drg and sub seems really negligible. Most runs are about 6-8mins including buff time. Excluding the ~ 30-40 VD runs I spammed in the early 2 or 3 weeks of it being released, plus the maybe 100 E runs I did before feeling confident enough to do N, I'm easily at about 250 kills. Not nearly as much as most people here, but I'm not tackling this grind as a primary focus. Regardless, I've seen 0 drops. (excluding accessories)

I generally run Selth'eus, Monbereaux, Ygnas, Arciela (for ygnas refresh synergy), and the last slot I vary between Sylvie/Qultada/KoH/Koru depending how I'm feeling.

Sometimes he spams Vortex and you get blown out, sometimes he dooms early and often and the trusts are too stupid to keep up cursna. If the trusts die out early its a struggle and often I have to spam sanguine to maintain MP for buffs, otherwise spamming Expiacion for 20-40k depending on his wings. White wind is great for keeping the trusts topped off and hate on you.

I know they wont, but I truly hope they revisit this and adjust it positively... in its current state its miserable, far worse than Lilith ever was.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-27 03:24:45  
Yeah the drop rate is a joke and it's a shame to lock the ilvl impact item behind it

I stopped after the scythe dropped and promised myself I won't go back till I have zero to do otherwise
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-27 06:38:48  
What everybody seem to be hinting at is that they clearly raised the drop rate of the first group of items (Ammo, Ring, Earring) but they didn't do much (if anything at all) for the second group of items (Dagger, Cloak, Mail, Scythe, Helm).

Supposing they are right and SE didn't do anything for the second group when they raised the entry cost to 30 merits, then I wonder: was this on purpose? Or did they simply forget to boost the second group of items?
Could it be worth it to open a ticket on the official forums?

Things might be working as intended, or maybe they really forgot and didn't notice.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-12-27 07:40:42  
They know exactly what they did with the drops. But I doubt anybody has submitted a bug report for the low drop rates because we just assumed this was SE being SE.

Speaking of ilvl impact, I have yet to see anybody who claims to have gotten the body. I've seen several Daggers running around, but no bodies. Is that the rarest item of the bunch?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-27 07:43:32  
What everybody seem to be hinting at is that they clearly raised the drop rate of the first group of items (Ammo, Ring, Earring) but they didn't do much (if anything at all) for the second group of items (Dagger, Cloak, Mail, Scythe, Helm).

Supposing they are right and SE didn't do anything for the second group when they raised the entry cost to 30 merits, then I wonder: was this on purpose? Or did they simply forget to boost the second group of items?

Things might be working as intended, or maybe they really forgot and didn't notice.
There's little reason to believe that they didn't raise both.
By SimonSes 2021-12-27 07:46:06  

Nah what they did was increasing chance for SLOT to appear. Thats why people reporting over 50% drop rate for anything even on E. In most 10 merits HTMB, chance for slot at E is more around 15-20%. So they tripled chance for slot. It has maybe changed nothing for D and VD or maybe it has raised chance for 2nd slot in VD.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-12-27 08:37:31  
Asura.Geriond said: »

There's little reason to believe that they didn't raise both.

While technically correct, and a .01% increase is double the drop rate, it's still misleading. and incredibly disingenuous.
By AegParm 2021-12-27 11:26:17  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Speaking of ilvl impact, I have yet to see anybody who claims to have gotten the body. I've seen several Daggers running around, but no bodies. Is that the rarest item of the bunch?

I claimed it just a few posts up from you, but if you're talking about impact, then you're talking about the back, not the body.

mistake
First Page 2 3 ... 31 32 33 ... 37 38 39