フォーラム » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 ... 37 38 39
 Asura.Hya
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: HyaAsura
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-08 08:37:48  
Shinryu is confirmed as the new HTBF. Rev up those speculation engines and laugh at the plebs that skipped doing Abyssea zone boss clears because there wasn't any point.

Sylph.Funkworkz said: »

Dagger:
D133 Delay190 DEX+15 AGI+15 CHR+15
Accuracy+40 Magic Accuracy+40 Dagger Skill+248
Parry skill+248 Magic skill+248
Quadruple Attack+5% Weapon Skill CHR+3% (same as Utu grip)
Additional effect: HP, MP, or TP Drain
LV99 Warrior / Red Mage / Thief / Beastmaster / Bard / Ranger / Ninja / Corsair / Dancer

Cloak:
Cannot wear head equipment
Defense264 HP+96 MP+97
STR+60 DEX+55 VIT+30 AGI+25
INT+80 MND+64 CHR+61
Accuracy+85 Magic Accuracy+85 Magic Attack+85 Evasion+155 Magic Evasion+231
Magic Defense Bonus+16 Haste+9% Enmity-15
Able to use Impact
Lv99 White Mage / Black Mage / Red Mage / Dark Knight / Summoner / Scholar / Geomancer

Helm:
Def156 HP+114 STR+41 DEX+28 VIT+48
AGI+29 INT+27 MND+31 CHR+29
Accuracy+20 Attack+60 Magic Accuracy+20 Evasion+83 Magic Evasion+86 Magic Defense Bonus+6
Haste+4% Triple Attack+4$ Regen+3
Set:Auto Reraise
Lv99 Warrior / Paladin / Dark Knight / Beastmaster / Samurai / Dragoon

Ammo
STR+3 VIT+3
Physical Damage Limit+3% Damage Taken-3%
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-08 09:03:50  
And the scramble for abyssea clears starts in 3....2.....1

<Mercenary> <Do you need it?> FIVE HUNDRED MILLION per boss
[+]
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 09:04:04  
Ugggg, that fight was always super annoying in abyssea...

Are any of the abyssea clears even hard anymore? The only one I can think of that might not just be a 2-3 second kill is Grauberg.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-08 09:23:24  
Greatest BC music in the game.
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-08 09:25:17  
Uh, Alex disagrees.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2021-07-08 09:40:29  
Cerberus.Shadowmeld said: »

Are any of the abyssea clears even hard anymore? The only one I can think of that might not just be a 2-3 second kill is Grauberg.

Glavoid pops should be the worst.

Add that with competition

Impossible to gauge
[+]
 Valefor.Furyspawn
サーバ: Valefor
user: Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-08 09:41:04  
Does this mean item level Impact cloak and armor with auto-reraise?

Also, WTF does mechanics are more annoying than Lilith mean? Do the devs really need to intentionally make things more annoying than knockback on autos, doom, and charm?
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-08 09:48:02  
Valefor.Furyspawn said: »

Also, WTF does mechanics are more annoying than Lilith mean? Do the devs really need to intentionally make things more annoying than knockback on autos, doom, and charm?
Base Shinryu has knockbacks, hate reset+ aoe reduce HP to 1, 10 count doom, resets all JA timers, absorbs damage during certain phases, and if you even wanted something to drop you were trying to proc blue !! during all of that. It definitely has the potential to be more annoying than E Lilith.
[+]
By Meeeeeep 2021-07-08 09:56:14  
Sounds *** awful and I know we're all gonna have to grind it out for the rewards.
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-07-08 10:06:05  
Confirmed via a JP player in my shell that the rewards are an ilvl armor with auto reraise, impact cloak, and dagger as well as an ammo piece. I saw the screenshots but they're on the welcome home discord.

Also, a ramuh staff from Ambu in August
 Sylph.Brahmsz
サーバ: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-07-08 10:18:38  
Asura.Hya said: »

Base Shinryu has knockbacks, hate reset+ aoe reduce HP to 1, 10 count doom, resets all JA timers, absorbs damage during certain phases, and if you even wanted something to drop you were trying to proc blue !! during all of that. It definitely has the potential to be more annoying than E Lilith.

Don't forget, gains access to the spell Death after 50%. :)
 Cerberus.Shadowmeld
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Shadowmeld 2021-07-08 10:24:15  
Really? In all the times I ever fought Shinryu (And I fought him a lot), I don't think I ever saw it cast death.

Edit: Still don't have a twilight mail.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-08 10:30:14  

I'd forgotten about Cataclysmic Vortex (HP to 1) as it's been so long since I did the fight prior to item level.

Hopefully the devs figure out a different approach to game design besides simply taking tools away from the players (no sub jobs in Sheol Gaol, encumbrance and strip shield for the most recent Ambuscade, etc.) or faking content progression by gatekeeping it behind terrible drop rates or time lockouts. I'd like to see some legitimate complexity to fights rather than ALL THE DEBUFFS, inflict weakness, reduce MP, reset TP, etc.

I'm also waiting to see how the magic evasion on Sakpata/Nyame will affect Shinryu's TP moves.
[+]
By Slowforever 2021-07-08 10:38:51  
dagger is insane!!!!!!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Taint 2021-07-08 10:42:15  

I'd forgotten about Cataclysmic Vortex (HP to 1) as it's been so long since I did the fight prior to item level.

Hopefully the devs figure out a different approach to game design besides simply taking tools away from the players (no sub jobs in Sheol Gaol, encumbrance and strip shield for the most recent Ambuscade, etc.) or faking content progression by gatekeeping it behind terrible drop rates or time lockouts. I'd like to see some legitimate complexity to fights rather than ALL THE DEBUFFS, inflict weakness, reduce MP, reset TP, etc.

I'm also waiting to see how the magic evasion on Sakpata/Nyame will affect Shinryu's TP moves.

As much as it got over played, Stun rotations were pretty fun IMO. Also good fights like old HNM Cerberus would start resisting so you had a DPS check tied to stun.

VW procs were also pretty engaging.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-08 10:47:41  

Most people got their gear via brew. it wasn't a particularly easy fight to spam for loot when it first came out. I actually don't remember any of it's mechanics either.

They said this fight would be more annoying than Lilith. What if they mean you actually have to proc blue for drops. lol
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-08 10:51:03  
I just hope it doesn't spend 10 minutes with wings out and the whole first day is bitching about inability to damage it followed by maint because the AI is flawed making it impossible to win.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-07-08 10:56:56  
Gear is easy to get enough on VE solo

VD exists so I can get a new title for mastery rank
 Asura.Cordyfox
user: Cordyfox
By Asura.Cordyfox 2021-07-08 10:57:14  

Rani is the only potentially annoying solo.
By SimonSes 2021-07-08 11:05:07  
Pantafernando said: »

Glavoid pops should be the worst.

Add that with competition

Impossible to gauge

Why would you need glavoid pops? Both KI to pop zone boss are in chests.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-08 11:28:12  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »

Most people got their gear via brew. it wasn't a particularly easy fight to spam for loot when it first came out. I actually don't remember any of it's mechanics either.

I've never been able to get the Twilight Helm/Mail or Cloak from any of the fights I've done (brew, non-brew, item level), haha.

Blue procs are a lie, as is Treasure Hunter, but you get even less drops without either. If HTMB Shinryu has an actual mechanic to increase drop rates, I'd be stoked.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-07-08 11:30:47  
If HTMB Shinryu has an actual mechanic to increase drop rates, I'd be stoked.

They added it to Lilith. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route. Annoying, but adds another elements of strategy.
 Sylph.Funkworkz
VIP
サーバ: Sylph
user: Funkworkz
By Sylph.Funkworkz 2021-07-08 11:38:10  
The earring is actually an ammo slot item, sorry.
 Valefor.Furyspawn
By Valefor.Furyspawn 2021-07-08 11:41:29  

They added it to Lilith. I wouldn't be surprised if they went this route. Annoying, but adds another elements of strategy.

I should clarify that I meant a mechanic available for all tiers of difficulty. My hours of playtime are usually outside of NA peak, so I constantly have to solo or dual box since I can't communicate in Japanese on vanilla and auto-translate is limited for any manner of complex conversation. With how poor trusts perform in instanced battles versus mechanics (i.e., being trusts), I'm usually stuck staying as close to 119 as possible to keep from losing more than winning.
By joemamma 2021-07-08 11:43:30  

I should clarify that I meant a mechanic available for all tiers of difficulty. My hours of playtime are usually outside of NA peak, so I constantly have to solo or dual box since I can't communicate in Japanese on vanilla and auto-translate is limited for any manner of complex conversation. With how poor trusts perform in instanced battles versus mechanics (i.e., being trusts), I'm usually stuck staying as close to 119 as possible to keep from losing more than winning.

Time to get off a dead server.
 Asura.Hya
By Asura.Hya 2021-07-08 11:48:00  
Really disappointed we aren't getting a dedicated mage set here. WAR DRK PLD has enough already, they don't need another high tier set. Meanwhile I am stuck wearing either Inyanga or Nyame for MEVA on WHM. Twilight Cloak is nice and all, but you're only going to be wearing it for 5 seconds once per fight.
[+]
 Bahamut.Justthetip
サーバ: Bahamut
user: sairasu
By Bahamut.Justthetip 2021-07-08 12:25:21  
Really disappointed we aren't getting a dedicated mage set here. WAR DRK PLD has enough already, they don't need another high tier set. Meanwhile I am stuck wearing either Inyanga or Nyame for MEVA on WHM. Twilight Cloak is nice and all, but you're only going to be wearing it for 5 seconds once per fight.
Yea ***seems super wack makes still being over looked for stuff. I don't need more stuff for my war drk pld. Cloak is basically useless tbh everything else is just go have fun playing with these old items in 119 form.
First Page 2 ... 37 38 39