friend is 2/389, scythe at 199 and dagger at 389
By Starbucks 2021-11-04 11:58:34  
Yet you will keep going.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-04 12:35:40  
I mean yeah? I want the cloak so what the *** else am I supposed to do, lol. Not complaining just giving stats for other curious idiots
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 12:45:14  
1 drop every 200 attempts sounds like it's working as intended.

And raised from 1 in 1000 to 1 in 200 means they didn't lie when they
"increased the drop rate" and it's inline with their loot distribution table.

From ultra rare, to super rare, and TH doesn't work, lines up perfectly. Let's argue for 10 pages about treasure hunter!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 12:56:46  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
I want the cloak so what the *** else am I supposed to do, lol

Your response is exactly how they justify continuing to provide this kind of content.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-04 13:27:00  
Ok, so offer an alternative, Mr. Smarty-pants. What is the other option to obtain said cloak that I do want so very much.

Grinding out the runs sure gets it faster than whining about it or making the joke that is an official forum post trying to get things changed.
 Shiva.Berzerk
サーバ: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2021-11-04 13:29:12  
I wonder if protesting the content would help them change it, really doubt it, though.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-11-04 13:35:17  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »
I wonder if protesting the content would help them change it, really doubt it, though.

It would. but the group is incapable of doing it. You all can't help but work against your own best interests. Crabs in a bucket etc.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 13:35:21  
Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Ok, so offer an alternative, Mr. Smarty-pants. What is the other option to obtain said cloak that I do want so very much.

Grinding out the runs sure gets it faster than whining about it or making the joke that is an official forum post trying to get things changed.

No alternative will work for you, because you will continue to bang your head against the wall indefinitely, and then post about it here. You do exactly what you hate doing, and SE caters to exactly that kind of dopamine rush. Truly a viscous cycle.

SE puts out ***content with a ***drop rate, but they know your rationale is always going to be "i REALLY REALLY WANT IT SO I WILL DO IT ANYWAYS EVEN IF IT MAKES ME MAD IT TAKES HALF A YEAR UHHHHH SO FRUSTRATED".

Really weird man.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-11-04 13:37:09  
Shiva.Berzerk said: »

Of course it would. People complained about the congestion, and they changed the merits for the fight (which actually made it worse). People complained about Gaol lag, and they changed it (though that was a valid problem with the event). JP didn't appear to have any lag, so they clearly listened to the NA side.

I am pretty sure if loads of NA players aggregate their frustration with the event and simply dont do it, they will change it. But because there's always going to be people who enjoy banging their head against a wall for the shiny, even if the acquisition is shitty, it will fall flat. Because they cant help themselves.
[+]
 Odin.Foxmulder
サーバ: Odin
user: Chakan
By Odin.Foxmulder 2021-11-04 19:10:40  
I wonder how all of the week one complainers feel now that they've *** over the userbase royally with this?
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-11-04 19:13:36  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
You do exactly what you hate doing
<_<

I don't hate this grind. I have been grinding mastery rank since January non-stop. I was born to grind. I'm sorry that I'm the masochist that ruins everything, but I came here strictly to share drop rate data for anyone else wanting to do this and I do not mind if I have to do this 2000 times to get the cloak

what the hell else do I have left to do in this game that isn't mastery rank and getting this cloak
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [39 days between previous and next post]
By AegParm 2021-12-13 16:51:16  
Has anyone had a confirmed cape, helm or mail drop from E? Well over 1000 kills with TH8+ and have only seen daggers and scythes. Probably just bad luck, or...

Edit: I know Aldolol said they got a helm to drop, but wasn't sure if this was referencing my question on E, or if got it from a different difficulty.
[+]
By Felgarr 2021-12-15 22:47:24  
AegParm said: »
Has anyone had a confirmed cape, helm or mail drop from E? Well over 1000 kills with TH8+ and have only seen daggers and scythes. Probably just bad luck, or...

Edit: I know Aldolol said they got a helm to drop, but wasn't sure if this was referencing my question on E, or if got it from a different difficulty.

Bumping in the hope that someone can answer Aegparm's question
By AegParm 2021-12-15 23:26:00  
I can answer it for you. Got the mail to drop today. I'll do a more accurate count at the end of the week, but it should be around 1200 attempts with TH8+. Scythe around 200, dagger around 400, mail around 1200.

/puke
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-16 01:16:59  
God this is depressing.
Wonder how much your numbers would differ on D and VD.

Speaking of which, I heard 2x RDM can "easily" duo Shinryu using the same strategy as Odin? /NIN with Utsusemi, then lv1 dagger and kill with Enspell?
 Asura.Aldolol
user: Aldolol
By Asura.Aldolol 2021-12-16 03:36:24  
All of my drops have been on VD
By Draylo 2021-12-16 03:39:14  
Why you doing it on E?
By SimonSes 2021-12-16 03:45:27  
Draylo said: »
Why you doing it on E?

Because that's the highest he can solo on THF?
What would you suggest? Trying to solo D on non THF job?
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2021-12-16 06:33:26  
Asura.Sechs said: »
God this is depressing.

Speaking of which, I heard 2x RDM can "easily" duo Shinryu using the same strategy as Odin? /NIN with Utsusemi, then lv1 dagger and kill with Enspell?
Curious is this is feasible
By SimonSes 2021-12-16 06:47:47  
Asura.Toralin said: »
God this is depressing.

I dont see why not, but keep in mind Shinryu can drop up to 3 shadows at once I think with regular hit? So it's potentially harder to keep shadows. On the other hand it can be easily slept I think (I know it can be with BRD)? So you can sleep it and rebuff/heal/debuff etc. Solo or duo like that will take a long time tho.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-12-16 06:50:33  
AegParm said: »
I can answer it for you. Got the mail to drop today. I'll do a more accurate count at the end of the week, but it should be around 1200 attempts with TH8+. Scythe around 200, dagger around 400, mail around 1200.

/puke

So at this rate you'll get the cloak or helm by 2400! And then the last item by 4000!

Good data! Don't give up! If you get all 5 items on E and it really does take 4000 runs (120,000 merits, lol...), then we can probably get enough people to complain on the NA and jp official forums to get it changed again, either back to 10 merits or for them to realize the drop ratios are waaaaaaayy off without some sort of proc system

Accessories on E all by 10 or 15 runs in and the rest of the items 4000 runs, ha. What a joke this BC is. And the items are nowhere near the level of malignance! We're all just crazy people that want some more macc on impact ;;
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-16 06:53:51  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Toralin said: »
God this is depressing.

I dont see why not, but keep in mind Shinryu can drop up to 3 shadows at once I think with regular hit? So it's potentially harder to keep shadows. On the other hand it can be easily slept I think (I know it can be with BRD)? So you can sleep it and rebuff/heal/debuff etc. Solo or duo like that will take a long time tho.
His evasion is much higher than Odin's, so you'll probably have accuracy problems using non-ilvl weapons even with Distract.

Just fight it straight up if doing it on RDM on VD, much simpler and faster. Two RDM should make it simple enough once you get the rhythm down, but solo is also very feasible.

I've been doing VD Shinryu and recorded the number of drops for 100 kills; I got about 1.6 items on average with TH4, and never got a non-drop, which would put his first drop slot at 100% and his second drop slot in the Very Common drop category on VD.

I've still only gotten scythe and helm in some 400 or so kills, though. My guess is that each non-accessory item has a drop rate somewhere in the neighborhood of 0.2%.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2021-12-16 09:56:16  
Are there any video around?
and I assume accuracy isn't an issue if you have a BRD mule and/or a GEO mule.
By SimonSes 2021-12-16 11:07:20  

There are at least RDM and SCH solo videos out there I think
By AegParm 2021-12-16 11:58:02  
SimonSes said: »

There are at least RDM and SCH solo videos out there I think

The RDM solos I've seen don't use the level 1 dagger strategy, or at least not that I can tell. They are both in Japanese, so not 100% sure, but doesn't appear to be. They are also solo/no trust. No reason not to use the passive trusts for it, except for bragging rights. I'll give the level 1 dagger strat a go this weekend.
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-12-16 12:53:04  
I solo it on Rdm, I use croc/demersal and it takes around 20 mins, I normally do D solo at 12 min mark (times include buffing etc).

Just run in, sabo, silence pull it, then hit it fast so trust buff. While they buff and EV holds him for a few seconds, that gives you time to get all your debuffs off before sabo wears. I then tag TH4 and proceed to melee him down. I do dispel the regain from MG. You will need to reapplly full buffs 3x, 2x on D. If you are solo savage is not worth using really, I find holding the tp for full cure from sanguine is more important and the enspell round missed is usually similar dps and no risk.

Trust are not needed, but you can call them to help speed it up. They will all die within about 30 sec anyhow, so hopefully get marches, rolls up before then but not always.

Bring panacea 2 stacks, holy water 4 stacks, and remedy 1 stack. This will get you through 3 runs. I use rolan daifuku and seems to be fine. I like the added macc as its better dps over grape for this strat. SUPER IMPORTANT is to make sure you have a holy water set, this is the only thing that can kill you really. Every fight I have lost was when I wasn't carrying it. You should buy the neck, 2 +1 rings (or purity if you want to save gil). I have heard that the belt has an effect on holy waters too, I have never tested but seeing as there is nothing else in that slott I use it anyhow incase. You can win without these items, but then you are leaving it to luck and you will lose tons of time ove rthe course of the many runs, just get the items if you plan to do this often. they are great anyhow to have for everything else in the game too.
By SimonSes 2021-12-16 13:13:39  
Asura.Azagarth said: »
While they buff and EV holds him for a few seconds, that gives you time to get all your debuffs off before sabo wears.

Why not call only trusts that do buffs and sleep it after first hit, so they buff and you debuff when its slept?
 Asura.Azagarth
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2021-12-16 13:22:30  
The only real buff trust that wont deal dmg and wake it is Ulima, who gets the marches off anyhow before she dies, so.... I will stick with my way its been working pretty flawless. Regardless trusts speed this 20+ min fight up by like 1 min is all, its negligable at best, the only real way to lose the fight is get doomed and not be able to remove it.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-12-16 13:32:38  
I average about 13 minutes on VD (with my record being a little over 9 minutes on a run where he never used Mighty Guard and kept his wings up a lot). Red Lotus Blade is your biggest damage dealer, which you can pump up using offhand Bunzi's Rod and Gain-INT. Summon Star Sibyl so you hit harder and Brygid and Sakura so you can go longer between having to use Sanguine Blade. You can also pop a max potency Poison II at the beginning as your last debuff, which does somewhere around 35k damage in total before it wears. Good Phalanx and Regen sets are useful for letting you stay on the offensive as much as possible. When it puts up Mighty Guard, I switch my offhand to Pukulatmuj +1 for the higher enspell damage until it wears off.

I use Tropical Crepe as my food, which lets me go harder on potency and especially duration for my enfeebles. I always have to reapply Frazzle, Paralyze, and Silence once (except for that one miraculously lucky 9 minute run, where Silence never wore), and usually have to apply Slow a 2nd time. Keep an eye out for Silence wearing, as if he gets Kaustra off it can force you to heal more often, slowing down your damage.

Go for Enfeebling Duration and Enspell damage as your merits. Regen is the only buff that wears off before I kill it.
First Page 2 3 ... 29 30 31 ... 37 38 39