フォーラム » FFXI » General » New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
New HTBF Shinryu 2.0
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 37 38 39
 Bahamut.Balduran
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: balduran
By Bahamut.Balduran 2021-07-30 04:57:43  
Despite being paying customers, we're getting garbage work, cut corners, and shortcuts in return. The solution very nicely presented by Thorny, if only management took the initiative way back to think long-term and implement those upgrades, let's hope the job adjustment and expansions make it worthwhile to continue playing when they're out. Also I agree with Eiryl that an addict can very easily seize to see where criticism is due.

In my opinion it comes down to how much you are willing to put up with the limitations, turn a blind eye and continue enjoying whatever you can from the game. This perspective becomes clearer depending on how attached you are to the game, after taking a few months break myself, I can clearly see how it's always the same story and cycle, with half-assed content being released, SE not giving a ***, and knowing it will pass. Should be wholly unacceptable.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-30 05:02:47  
Should be, but I think a lot that are still around just realize that the company doesn't care about the game at all. So its either everyone just quits and they shut down the game happily to focus on 14, or they keep playing and find the enjoyment they can. You act like people are just taking whatever they give and kissing SE's feet. Most take breaks and stop playing, others just keep playing here and there because they still enjoy it. It isn't like the monthly sub cost is super expensive, we can see that because everyone and their grandma is multi boxing.

The worst are the people that quit and then go and jump onto XIV, still giving the exact same company their money lol. It's a pretty unprecedented situation given that this game is almost 20 years old and has a company that isn't 100% behind it because its direct competition is now their new baby.

Also most people in this thread are being complete babies. The line will slowly go down for sure and the rewards aren't amazing game breaking crap like Malignance etc. Even on Asura the battlefield was pretty easy to get into late night.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
サーバ: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-30 07:17:25  
It's not their feet that are kissed...
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2021-07-30 07:36:45  
Draylo said: »
It's a pretty unprecedented situation given that this game is almost 20 years old and has a company that isn't 100% behind it because its direct competition is now their new baby.

Maybe in the gaming industry, but that's the entire principle behind any advancement in technology or engineering. Gaming companies are waking up to that.

Its easier and a better ROI to release the "new version" of something than to make an initial product designed to last decades through proper maintenance. Our world is very disposable- no reason that any business wouldn't latch on to this methodology, regardless of their product.

SE just forgot about one tiny little thing- they built this world for us to get addicted to it through its content and the connections we build in it. That emotional connection they didn't factor as being so powerful.
By SimonSes 2021-07-30 08:08:52  
SE made this game believing it will die with PS2, because they havent believed players will still want to play it after generation jump to PS3, then they thought game will actually die several years later after all, because of loyal playerbase. They didnt want to intentionally kill the game with FFXIV, they just havent believed people will stay in Vana'diel that long and ignore outdated graphic. Even 15 years ago, Tanaka decided it would be already way too much work to make PS3 port of FFXI with graphic overhaul and it's easier to make new game with characters appearance appealing to FFXI players nostalgia (its all in interview with Tanaka btw, not something that I have made up).

So with all those designs targeted to 5-10 years lifespan and with knowledge that even in like 2008, when FFXI had full team, it still wasnt profitable and easy to make FFXI 2.0 on PS3, you seriously think almost 15 years ago they will suddenly start to seriously go deep into game mechanics or how the game handles instances etc.?

You can be in group that is happy with updates we are getting, because game shouldn't even be alive now or you can be in group that quit (or make breaks). There is really no point being in other group seriously. It's also not about kissing feet or being addicted. Its about being realistic. This game is profitable, but not enough to start any serious development with it. Bigger investment won't realistically offer any chance in bigger profit. There is not enough players that would come back or start playing FFXI for longer period of time (longer is a key word here, none care if player count would even triple for like 2-3 months, when it would go back to what we have no after that). They havent seen profit in 2008, so there is no chance they will see profit now.

Ofc you* can still critical about new updates or devs choices to handle something in some way, but if you start suggesting solutions involving serious development work, that's the line when you should probably stop wasting your time.

*By "you" I mean everyone, who fits into behavior I'm describing.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-30 08:17:07  
It's a game of minimums.

Some of your acceptable minimum standards are frankly embarrassing.

It's not that "we demand the best!"... "we simply demand that you just stop pissing on us, that's all" The bar is really REALLY low. And still uncleared.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-07-30 08:40:13  
FFXI is such a low priority that they will almost certainly shut it down before they bow to any demands more significant than "fix this relatively minor game issue". If people start voting with their wallets, their response will almost certainly be to call it a lost cause, not to actually put real effort into it.

It's all well and good to say that people should have standards, but many people prefer being basically ignored by SE if it means they still get to play, and that's completely understandable.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2021-07-30 08:54:23  
It is understandable. It's just that it's sad.
[+]
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-07-30 08:55:32  
I think I’ve heard the doom and gloom conversations about this game for 12 years or so maybe? It ain’t going anywhere any time soon so let’s get back to talking about Shin’s stupid drop rates
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-30 09:18:02  
21st and 22nd fight post-update. Finally found stuff other than accessories.

[+]
By Taint 2021-07-30 12:36:12  
Congrats!

What difficulty and TH?
By Shichishito 2021-07-30 14:21:53  
might as well ask him what size and gender of taru he sacrificed.

Asura.Geriond said: »
FFXI is such a low priority that they will almost certainly shut it down before they bow to any demands more significant than "fix this relatively minor game issue". If people start voting with their wallets, their response will almost certainly be to call it a lost cause, not to actually put real effort into it.

It's all well and good to say that people should have standards, but many people prefer being basically ignored by SE if it means they still get to play, and that's completely understandable.

if SE drops XI their will be private servers, it never ends.
By silvchan 2021-07-30 16:59:06  
Just to toss my luck into the mix for those tracking: after the update I've run about 20 Easy's I got the 3 accessories in the first 8 runs, and got the knife on run 20. I've been running it on thf solo, just trying for th9.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sterk
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Sterk 2021-07-30 16:59:30  
Taint said: »
What difficulty and TH?
VD with TH3, but I was experiencing a 100% drop rate before I capped out on pebbles/earrings/rings, so I think TH on VD is just for the 2nd drop slot unless someone else shows otherwise.
By Asura.Neojuggernautx 2021-07-30 18:02:08  
Anyone reading this thread have head and body to confirm level of reraise? My assumption is still RRIII
[+]
 Bismarck.Nyaarun
user: duo1666
By Bismarck.Nyaarun 2021-07-30 18:12:16  
Shichishito said: »
if SE drops XI their will be private servers, it never ends.

And for most people playing retail, the private server experience is not one they are looking for, especially if they quit XI specifically over gripes of the game not being what they want.

Dont get me wrong, its great that private servers exist and the people working their *** off on darkstar deserve a lot of credit getting the spaghetti to work another day, but its not a great experience for general consumption.

If retail dies, the most stable and fleshed out version of XI dies. Unless SE decides to put out their own source code, you arent getting that experience back for at least 10 years, assuming contributions dont stop outright before then.
[+]
By Draylo 2021-07-30 18:29:47  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

It is, and its something I don't think I'll ever forgive SE for. SO sad they could have two functional and great MMOs, with different play styles on both and a bundled price tag but they won't bother to do the bare minimum. It almost reminds me of the same thing Star Wars Galaxies went thru, except that company directly killed the game after their new one came out.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-07-30 18:43:07  
thing that gets me is they HAD the bundled sub fee for a few months and then discontinued it. So dumb.
[+]
By Guyford 2021-07-30 20:05:35  
It's been about 100 runs since I've seen a drop (I'm 3/5) and I can attest that sacrificing a small male taru doesn't work.
By Pantafernando 2021-07-30 20:09:15  
Small sample.

Retry with dozens or hundreds of tarus
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-30 21:05:06  
except that company directly killed the game after their new one came out.
I'm pretty sure SE wanted to pull the plug on XI 10 years ago, but they realized very quickly that the amount of people migrating from XI to XIV would not be anywhere close to their expectations.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-30 21:05:45  
Pantafernando said: »
Small sample.

Retry with dozens or hundreds of tarus

Are we POSing them in and using venom potions? Asking for a friend.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-07-30 21:16:33  
Thf/Drg loss @ 1% on D:

sylvie, selhteus, koru, ygnas, monberaux

probably would have been more fun if monberaux didn't die in 2 seconds to the first AoE, koru died at 70%-ish. I'll try it again it seemed doable (again, if monberaux didn't die like a *** right away). only meds I brought were panacea/holy water. didn't get doomed till like 5% and it was removed

mighty guard regen is a bit high and he can regen like 10% real fast, but found out it can be aura steal'd for when larceny is down.

BUT OH THIS GUY IS AS ANNOYING AS LILITH /s

Spoilers: normal is a lot easier solo, stick to normal
 Sylph.Snk
サーバ: Sylph
user: SNK
By Sylph.Snk 2021-07-31 19:40:08  
Asura.Eiryl said: »

It is, and its something I don't think I'll ever forgive SE for. SO sad they could have two functional and great MMOs, with different play styles on both and a bundled price tag but they won't bother to do the bare minimum. It almost reminds me of the same thing Star Wars Galaxies went thru, except that company directly killed the game after their new one came out.

Star Wars Galaxies killed themselves when the devs rolled out a ton of ***with no warning to the playerbase that *** over so many people's hard work in trying to unlock Jedi.
By Draylo 2021-07-31 20:04:00  
I really enjoyed it back in the day. My house was the best
By macsdf1 2021-07-31 20:24:06  
I was prob one of the richest players on swg, with my op no longer dropping crafting gear.
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-07-31 20:43:53  
So here's my milestone contribution with some numbers on Easy, post-update with th4 and a sad face all the way.

0/100

Not considering what could have been accessories loading ofc.

Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2021-07-31 21:21:24  
You wiped 100 times?!? Daaamn, have you tried to git gud?
 Bahamut.Skald
user: Jimmyjazz
By Bahamut.Skald 2021-07-31 23:00:12  
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
You wiped 100 times?!? Daaamn, have you tried to git gud?

Indeed

[+]
By RadialArcana 2021-08-01 13:39:18  

back in the day, we made our own queue and we liked it!
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 18 19 20 ... 37 38 39