フォーラム » FFXI » General » Immediate R0 > DC
Immediate R0 > DC
First Page 2 3 4
 Siren.Tawny
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: aashafox
By Siren.Tawny 2020-11-13 17:11:11  
Anyone else all of a sudden get disconnected and then once they login with the char it immediately R0's?

I have 2 other char's on the box and they both have no issues. Tried logging in with the char on another box and the same issue.

Edit: Checked the network settings and the check connection is disabled as well.
 Quetzalcoatl.Korvus
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zulu75
By Quetzalcoatl.Korvus 2020-11-13 17:21:24  
I'm having issues too, When I zoned to mhaura I RO, and while in the that zone I keep RO'ing...if I run out while RO'ing then it doesn't immediatly RO me. As soon as I re-enter mhaura, same thing happens. Was fine last night. My ffxi client updated something when I logged on today. I'm not using Windower either.
 Siren.Obysuca
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2020-11-13 17:39:49  
Same. No issues all day until about 50 minutes ago (4:50pm cst) and now I can't even connect to pol, it'll just get stuck after "retrieving friend list data".
The few times it does get through, it's an immediate r0
By Torzak 2020-11-13 17:43:13  
I've seen similar as the OP describes a time or few. Usually if I log in with a different internet connection it's resolved (ie turn on hot spot on your phone and logon the game through that)

I think once upon a time I had some strange macro corruption that hung the game up when logging in on one character, too. I've only seen this once. I had to delete (I cut and paste them somewhere else) the contents of the folder where macros were saved to get the game to load. Then I back tracked re-adding macros until the game crashed. I used the date modified as a guide for which macros were most likely untouched by any corruption. I'll just say it took me a while to diagnose this one when it happened. And I was pretty tempted to just do a reinstall.
 Siren.Kyten
user: Kyten
By Siren.Kyten 2020-11-13 17:45:20  
It is happening to me right now as well. I have been r0ing over the last few days but I never fully disconnected. I disconnected about an hour ago and can not reconnect. It is only happening to one of my characters though, the other is having no problem at all.
By Torzak 2020-11-13 17:48:57  
I think there was a fiber line cut in the Midwest yesterday afternoon and I think it just came online mins ago.

Also I noticed this. Not sure the full implications.
https://theperrynews.com/issues-at-hundreds-of-verizon-cell-towers-disrupting-911-calls/
 Asura.Darkgimp
サーバ: Asura
user: darkimp
By Asura.Darkgimp 2020-11-13 18:39:15  
I had issues also.
I turned on vpn and it works fine after. Not sure whats going on.
 Asura.Conor
user: RDMCONOR
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-13 18:57:08  
This happened to me on Wednesday (Veterans Day) and kept me offline for the entire day, then suddenly worked again the next day. It continued to work flawlessly until about an hour ago. Now I have 3 of my characters logged off and unable to connect AT ALL! and 1 character is walking around like nothing is wrong.
By Alectrona 2020-11-13 19:00:43  
same as conors issue, i would try to log into playonline viewer but it would keep loading and i would get connection issues.... once i log in finally i would auto R0 and get kicked off.. SE said it is probably my connection issue which is *** since im running multiple sources that require connection and no issues this is definitely a SE issue they need to fix asap
 Bismarck.Ringoko
サーバ: Bismarck
user: appleboy
By Bismarck.Ringoko 2020-11-13 19:08:36  
Having issues as well, using a VPN resolved it.
By Kortez 2020-11-13 19:20:59  
Same issue here, thought it was related to the most recent Windows update that just installed. Tried backing it out and issue still persisted. Reinstalled the Windows update issue still persisted. Even logging into XIV was impacted. Tried using a VPN and was able to immediately log into both XI and XIV with zero issues.

Looking like some legitimacy to it being something to do with the central US. VPN routing through Chicago has zero issues.
 Asura.Conor
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-13 19:28:46  
I'm hearing from a few friends in game that the VPN is fixing it, but we shouldn't have to go extra steps to play this game...
By Ariokae 2020-11-13 19:44:58  
It's probably a firewall issue. I had to go through and add FFXI through my firewall after last nights update.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Obysuca
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2020-11-14 01:42:18  
Well, as of checking back again now, everything seems to be fine so far.
Kind of hope this was a one time thing, but you never know.

Though, it was weird that one character couldn't get on, but I had no issues with another, so that probably might rule out the "central US issue" a few people have been bringing up, since you'd assume that if it happened on one character for you, that it'd be the same for the rest, which wasn't the case.
 Asura.Conor
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-14 08:05:01  
It's happened twice now. Happened on veteran's day too
 Quetzalcoatl.Korvus
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Zulu75
By Quetzalcoatl.Korvus 2020-11-14 10:42:50  
My issues have disappeared as well, I feel like the high traffic that zoning in to Mhaura provides was too much for the internet connection route I was using. Everything else was connecting fine, 400+ up and down speed. This is first time this happend to me. I'll let you guys know if it happens again.
 Asura.Conor
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-14 12:00:39  
Happened to me in port jeuno, alzadaal undersea ruins, nyzul isle, mhaura, and aht urghan whitegate, and port san D'oria so far.
 Asura.Hyrue
By Asura.Hyrue 2020-11-15 08:50:11  
Still happening here after I try to zone basically anywhere.
By RadialArcana 2020-11-15 09:08:19  
Isn't this the thing that happens every now and then with certain ISPs? and it sorts it self out after a few days. If you point out your ISP you'll probably see them lining up.

Something to do with the DNS lookup routing to the servers with certain ISPS, the ISPs refresh the DNS stuff once a year or something and it messes it up for certain older games. Someone explained it many years ago but I can't remember the details.

I used to get this once every single year without fail and it lasted 3 days no matter what i did or who I talked to, then I changed ISP and never had it since.

You can get around it with a vpn too i think, or just wait it out.
By Taint 2020-11-15 10:38:49  
This is happening with two of my accounts.

One the game is running super fast. (Load icons spinning much fast than normal)

One the game is running slow. Both log in and DC.

The odd thing is it’s only 2 accounts other accounts on the same PC run just fine.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-15 10:59:58  
Yes. And resetting my computer is the only thing that seems to fix it. All others accounts logged in at the same time are fine.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-11-15 16:46:49  
0 issues Midwest here and quadbox
By SimonSes 2020-11-15 20:43:09  
RadialArcana said: »
Isn't this the thing that happens every now and then with certain ISPs? and it sorts it self out after a few days. If you point out your ISP you'll probably see them lining up.

Something to do with the DNS lookup routing to the servers with certain ISPS, the ISPs refresh the DNS stuff once a year or something and it messes it up for certain older games. Someone explained it many years ago but I can't remember the details.

I used to get this once every single year without fail and it lasted 3 days no matter what i did or who I talked to, then I changed ISP and never had it since.

You can get around it with a vpn too i think, or just wait it out.

I dont believe its actually that simple. Most multiboxers have problem with some accounts, but not all of them and obviously all accounts have same ISP.
By Prong 2020-11-15 22:16:45  
Nearly all of you have issues.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-11-16 08:00:13  
I had this happen to me on Saturday just a couple of times over the course of a few hours. Then Sunday it happened to me every 3-5 minutes so I took a break.

What I realized was that on Sunday I was running around doing quests and missions. I feel like every time I'd click on an NPC or door or anything it would flip a coin and kick me off roughly half the time.

When I came back from my break a few hours later, I didn't experience the disconnects at all.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-16 08:45:52  
I was also having this issue, but it was from my ISP's router/modem.
Mine was pushing 8yrs old, but it was on death's door. So simple minor things (like posting on a forum or doing a google) would work just fine, but anything strenuous (like a MMO) would cause the signal to crap out.

Call up your service provider, they'll do a remote thing that usually will come back with "everything's fine" but if you tell them how old your router/modem (mine is combined) is, they'll agree that what cause is that it's dying and then send you a new one.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-11-16 09:10:46  
FaeQueenCory said: »
I was also having this issue, but it was from my ISP's router/modem.
Mine was pushing 8yrs old, but it was on death's door. So simple minor things (like posting on a forum or doing a google) would work just fine, but anything strenuous (like a MMO) would cause the signal to crap out.

Call up your service provider, they'll do a remote thing that usually will come back with "everything's fine" but if you tell them how old your router/modem (mine is combined) is, they'll agree that what cause is that it's dying and then send you a new one.
That's good advice, but wouldn't explain the issue- at least for me. Our router is supposedly "brand new", so either Shaw is lying to us (very possible), they didn't do enough QA on this new model, or the issue lies elsewhere.
[+]
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-16 09:44:49  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
That's good advice, but wouldn't explain the issue- at least for me. Our router is supposedly "brand new", so either Shaw is lying to us (very possible), they didn't do enough QA on this new model, or the issue lies elsewhere.
Unless it had its plastic stickers, it's not brand new. lol
A good way to check if it is your router/modem is to hotspot your phone and connect through that. If no sudden drops (r0s), then you know who the culprit is.

Though I realize not everyone has the data plan that can accommodate that. But it is something to look at if you are able to.
First Page 2 3 4