users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Immediate R0 > DC
Immediate R0 > DC
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2020-11-16 10:33:55  
The weird thing is, when I disconnect normally, it boots me out of the game altogether. It might even try to reconnect while it's disconnecting (the "R" will jump up from 0 briefly and the % will climb up a few integers before falling again). When it does kick me out, it forces me out of Final Fantasy XI all the way to PlayOnline where it has me sign in again.

But this is different. This just gradually takes me all the way from 100% to 0% connectivity and then boots me back to the character selection screen. From there I can just log back in.

It's all very abnormal.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-16 15:18:19  
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
But this is different. This just gradually takes me all the way from 100% to 0% connectivity and then boots me back to the character selection screen. From there I can just log back in.

It's all very abnormal.
That's what my dying modem/router was doing. Sounds like you're having the same thing.
By SimonSes 2020-11-16 15:28:41  
FaeQueenCory said: »
Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »

It's all very abnormal.
That's what my dying modem/router was doing. Sounds like you're having the same thing.

You really think like 10 people on this forum alone (more never bothered to write probably) have the same problem and its completely random (fixing itself randomly for a long tim, then comes back) and usually happens to only for some but not all characters if people multibox is because of old modem/routers? XD

Come on, try to think logically, it started happening for many people at the same time. Its random etc. VPN sometimes help.

My guess would be some stupid things like DDoS attacks or firewall issues at SE data centers, causing some data transfer being blocked, lost of packets and R0 in the end. Im not an expert or even close to one, but that could explain why only some characters are affected, why it happens randomly and why VPN sometimes help.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 11:13:09  
Yeah im still getting issues - much worse today, actually. Two of my five were disconnected and couldnt get back in. (Would hang on playonline login at a random point like "retrieving messages..." or something. Reset my computer and router, and now none of mine can get in through playonline login. None of my other games or downloads is effected.
By SimonSes 2020-11-18 11:55:26  
I want to resub after my 2 weeks break and this thread keep being bumped and I kinda feel like I shouldnt, because I will just be frustrated because of this..
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 12:22:59  
SimonSes said: »
I want to resub after my 2 weeks break and this thread keep being bumped and I kinda feel like I shouldnt, because I will just be frustrated because of this..

to be fair i feel like its only a small group thats being effected. Nobodoy else in my shell/discord is experiencing anything like this. It may be ISP related or regional or something.
By SimonSes 2020-11-18 12:31:08  
Heghmoh said: »
SimonSes said: »

to be fair i feel like its only a small group thats being effected. Nobodoy else in my shell/discord is experiencing anything like this. It may be ISP related or regional or something.

Im from central Europe. My signal goes through Atlantic to East Coast, then travel between few places in US, then goes to West Coast, then to Japan through Pacific. It's probably the longest way possible (why the *** they cant make US or EU servers...) which I know is not a reason to be affected by this, but for sure it rises the chance.
 Asura.Conor
サーバ: Asura
user: RDMCONOR
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-18 14:59:52  
I've seen an increasing amount including myself experience this problem now and still there is no real resolution. It seems to being getting slightly worse with time as well. There are 4 people in my LS that are having this problem, a couple of random people in shouts that told me about it. Along with this post, there are 2 more threads going on Facebook asura group about this same issue. I've been sending messages back and forth with SE trying to find the problem, however it seems to be affecting all servers, and FFXIV as well. I don't play 14, but I've heard enough people make this exact same complaint, that I believe it.
[+]
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2020-11-18 15:54:36  
Had this problem too. Tribox, one of the characters was R0. I could issue commands and the other chars could see it but the lagchar couldn't see anything. I eventually logged back in but still really laggy...
By Taint 2020-11-18 16:21:09  
I’ve had issues logging in all day.

Other games load just fine. FFXI acts like it’s stuck in the mud.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 16:28:36  
I just heard from an LS mate that a friend of his is experiencing similar problems on FFXIV. not sure how the two could be related or the workings of datacenters, if theyd share similar traces or anything, but interesting to hear?
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-11-18 16:38:44  
Yesterday I had a bit of lag and R0's but was able to maintain connection all day without much issue.

Today I can't even stay on for more than 5 minutes without severe lag, constant R0's and Protocol Timeout errors.

Edit: same issues are happening no matter if I use my Broadband connection or tethered 5G.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 16:46:23  
I've made a topic on the official forums as sings are pointing to this being an SE issue. if anyone experiencing these issues could reply for heightened visibility, it may prompt a response from SE

I'll also try to open a support ticket, but from experience that theyll probably give me a canned response about how to reset my playonline password or something...

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57494-Login-and-Disconnect-Issues-Early-November-2020?p=631868#post631868
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Drakenv
サーバ: Odin
user: Drakenv
By Odin.Drakenv 2020-11-18 17:21:13  
Quad boxing since last night. Been working so checked my gaming pc for 4 afk characters still logged in. No issues here Comcast Midwest
 Siren.Obysuca
サーバ: Siren
user: Obysuca
By Siren.Obysuca 2020-11-18 17:28:55  
No issues at all after the first day it did it, but seems like it's back again -_- can't even get passed the login today.
I'm starting to find it funny that it's only happening on days I have a ls event lol
By Ariokae 2020-11-18 17:52:45  
Having same issue, thought a firewall fix took care of it, but problem is back. Can't even get on POL.
By FaeQueenCory 2020-11-18 17:57:24  
I had replaced my modem, but today ran into weirder, but similar issues. Given that multiple people are getting this today, seems like whatever is causing today's issue is on SE's end.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-11-18 17:59:13  
getting this a ton today, some characters are fine, others seem affected. very weird
 Ragnarok.Ozment
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ozment
By Ragnarok.Ozment 2020-11-18 18:00:08  
It's all a mess. It started this morning when I couldn't get in, and was getting a mix of messages. First about the connection, then an expired credit card (?!). I use crysta lol, and I have 13k currently, so that wasn't it. Played a bit after that resolved itself, now getting R0 immediately on some characters, but can log in with others...all on the same account.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 18:03:02  
Ragnarok.Ozment said: »
It's all a mess. It started this morning when I couldn't get in, and was getting a mix of messages. First about the connection, then an expired credit card (?!). I use crysta lol, and I have 13k currently, so that wasn't it. Played a bit after that resolved itself, now getting R0 immediately on some characters, but can log in with others...all on the same account.

yeah i got the expired credit card warning notice as well.
 Asura.Conor
user: RDMCONOR
By Asura.Conor 2020-11-18 18:33:09  
If anybody wants this problem to go away then contact SE and explain it to them. I already did and told them about all the people everywhere who are having the same issues, and they simply stated that basically, I was the only one having these issues, and there have been no other reports. Claiming the issue was not on their end.
By Heghmoh 2020-11-18 18:42:23  
Asura.Conor said: »
If anybody wants this problem to go away then contact SE and explain it to them. I already did and told them about all the people everywhere who are having the same issues, and they simply stated that basically, I was the only one having these issues, and there have been no other reports. Claiming the issue was not on their end.

^ thats why i posted the OF forum post above - starting here is a good spot, but wont do much to get SE's attention if it is on their end. Advise everyone that is experiencing the issue to comment there to increase visibility.

Also contact support if possible
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-18 18:58:11  
My main crashed once without any notice, R0ing across all mules, and constant hang-ups logging in. The other account I play had no issues at all and stayed logged in at the same time I was having issues.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-18 19:12:40  
Heghmoh said: »
I've made a topic on the official forums as sings are pointing to this being an SE issue. if anyone experiencing these issues could reply for heightened visibility, it may prompt a response from SE

I'll also try to open a support ticket, but from experience that theyll probably give me a canned response about how to reset my playonline password or something...

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/57494-Login-and-Disconnect-Issues-Early-November-2020?p=631868#post631868

lol you can't log back in without restarting the game, and yeah connection issues to SE's servers aren't SE's problem, check with your ISP or prove to them with evidence and not vague accusations claiming there's a problem on their end.

This is nothing new.
 Asura.Toralin
user: toralin
By Asura.Toralin 2020-11-18 19:23:03  
5 characters one computer. 2 r0, other 3 running around fine for hours. You think that’s ISP issue?
[+]
 Bahamut.Inspectorgadget
サーバ: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Inspectorgadget 2020-11-18 19:34:56  
Now it's doing the whole R0 in specific zones thing. I'm fine in Mhaura, Jeuno, Adoulin, and Bastok. But as soon as I log into my character in Windurst Walls, instant R0 and disconnection after ~30 seconds.
By Jetackuu 2020-11-18 19:40:52  
Asura.Toralin said: »
5 characters one computer. 2 r0, other 3 running around fine for hours. You think that’s ISP issue?

I think that it's on you to prove it's not to SE, but good luck with that line, as you'll get banned instantly.
 Cerberus.Genoside
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Genoside 2020-11-18 19:41:27  
I have noticed its mostly AT&t customers with this issue. Try to bypass the firewall on your modem or reset the modem.
 Cerberus.Nolatari
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Nolatari 2020-11-18 19:42:57  
Hello guys, a few of my friends and I are having similar problems since the update. In our case we all have the same internet provider in AT&T, I was wondering if this also related to any of you?