Volte Drop Rate (Working As Intended?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
 Asura.Mims
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2020-11-22 07:39:16  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I think, not 100% sure here though, that a few months ago we've seen a TRIPLE void/shard drop from a Red Eye. One was a guaranteed body of course, the others were both the zone shards/voids for both his jobs.
I need to ask my LS buddies because I can't remember which zone we were in and if it was Wave1 or Wave2.

I remember that happening, and calling out when we saw it, but I wish I could remember more details. It was off a red eyes mob, and other than it dropping its guaranteed body along with an area specific drop for both of that red eyes jobs, I can't remember any specifics.

It DID happen though!
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2020-11-22 09:33:55  
I have seen that happen as well. It's rare but happens. I've much more often seen a crystal material drop along with a hand shard though. Have never seen all of those items drop along with volte, so it's probably true that there's some slot sharing
By Felgarr 2020-11-22 11:20:13  
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Arico said: »

I got a Volte body in the 5th slot. I don't believe the megaboss always drops 5 items.

It might be confusing for some, but he is talking about 5th SLOT not 5th ROW from the top. His point is that 5th SLOT is loading in 2nd ROW and can only be Offering. Slot with body is in last 4th or 5th ROW depends if 5th SLOT loads or not.

Yup, Wave 2 boss drop slots, given sufficient TH:

#1 Medal
#2 Offering / Currency
#3,4,5: Currency x3 or Volte x1 / Currency x2

Drop Slot #5 is not guaranteed and it's good to see a volte body in that slot. Thanks Arico!
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Mindhax
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 11:42:34  

I got a Volte body in the 5th slot. I don't believe the megaboss always drops 5 items.

It might be confusing for some, but he is talking about 5th SLOT not 5th ROW from the top. His point is that 5th SLOT is loading in 2nd ROW and can only be Offering. Slot with body is in last 4th or 5th ROW depends if 5th SLOT loads or not.

This is how it appears yes, Offering was added at a later date and it looks like instead of adding it at the end they put it after the slot that never changes, the 1st 100% medal.

100% Slot 1 - Kindred
???% Slot 5 - Offering(TH works, not always loaded)
100$ Slot 2 - Blackened/Kindred
100% Slot 3 - Blackened/Kindred
100% Slot 4 - Blackened/Kindred/Volte

I was just saying it was nice to see a screenshot showing both, not that the drop pool changes the current drop pattern.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 11:52:21  
I don't think we've ever seen double Volte.
We've seen double Void and Volte though, not sure if that matters for your research.

I think, not 100% sure here though, that a few months ago we've seen a TRIPLE void/shard drop from a Red Eye. One was a guaranteed body of course, the others were both the zone shards/voids for both his jobs.
I need to ask my LS buddies because I can't remember which zone we were in and if it was Wave1 or Wave2.
Happened to us only that single time in all these years of bi-weekly runs though.

I know I've also seen 3 Voids(Body + both Jobs of proper zone)I just don't have the logs to find out where they load.

Main thing was I noticed last night that the 2 Volte we got replaced the 3rd Currency. Minimum currency was 3 for every NM, except when Volte dropped and we only got 2. I'm not sure if Volte moves around when more slots open atm or if it stays in that static spot of #3. Ratnaraj/Crystals/Aggregates were added a year later right? Could be moving around the other slots abit.

TH definitely does help with multiple slots, but is it only for the sellable stuff?
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 12:10:21  
I forgot, it was Bonus Zone Bastok last night so that might be where the extra currency was coming from, when the zone isn't a bonus can there be over 3 currency even? Might want data from only non bonus zones so the extra currency slots don't make it even more confusing.
By SimonSes 2020-11-22 12:16:34  
Felgarr said: »

Yup, Wave 2 boss drop slots, given sufficient TH:

#1 Medal
#2 Offering / Currency
#3,4,5: Currency x3 or Volte x1 / Currency x2

Drop Slot #5 is not guaranteed and it's good to see a volte body in that slot. Thanks Arico!

I dont understand. Are you trolling at this point or something?

Volte slot is 100%, Offering slot is TH based.

Mindslaver trying to point that out for entire last page. Is it so hard to understand? 5th SLOT is not loading in 5th ROW, but in 2nd ROW. I seriously feel that you are trolling.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 12:25:10  
I would prefer to keep topic away from Body at this point, unless someone is able to find 4 currency(Blackened/Kindred) AND Body.

It's looking like all Volte is in 100% slots now which is kinda disappointing.

That Bastok run finished up our BRD set so going to be doing some Body/Wave 3 farming for awhile. Might not be able to get much data myself.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-22 14:08:17  
Supposing this is proved to be true for Bodies, and supposing the same also (likely) applies to the other Volte slots, what is still affected by TH in Divergence zones then?

Even on the volte Boss it might not directly increase the volte drop rate, but it increases the chance that the slot where Volte can potentially drop to appear, so in a way it's like it gives a small boost to Volte to drop, indirectly, no?
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 14:24:18  
That's what I would kinda like to look into, need to map out the slots for the non Body NMs to see where things end up.

TH does at least add a few slots to the 11 NMs, but it looks like its only for sellable things potentially. Aggregates/Void/Crystals/Ratnaraj.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-22 15:50:57  
Maybe it's because it's late, but I'm a bit confused.
Let's take the archetype of all TH examples, King Behemoth.
TH doesn't affect the drop rate of Defending Ring because it's a fixed slot that drops 100% of the time.
Sometimes it will be Defending Ring, more often it will be Pixie Ring, but that slot will always be present (unless everyone in the alliance have drops, but let's leave this aside)

To make the situation similar for Volte NMs, you would need a slot that is 100% and that can be either currency, or Volte, or something else.
If this is proved to be true, then yes, TH is gonna be useless for Volte.

But it still helps for opening Currency/Void/Shard slots though, because those are not guaranteed and multiple can drop and TH helps opening them up, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-22 15:55:58  
Yeah.

TH has no affect on Dring, but you could still bring TH for the other stuff. Abjs, meats, hides, horns, tongue, shining cloth

Same thing. Even if TH had no affect on (this drop) it (may) work for it's other drops.

Something like:
1 no TH 100% currency
2 no TH 100% currency
3 no TH 100% currency or body (95% medal 5% body TH does nothing)
4 TH affected currency slot
5 TH affected offering slot
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 16:36:08  
Bismarck.Mindslaver said: »
100% Slot 1 Currency
100% Slot 2 Currency
100% Slot 3 Volte(Normally another currency)
100% Slot 4 Aggregate
100% Slot 5 Aggregate
100% Slot 6 VoidTorso
None of these drop slots should be affected by TH. These could potentially move abit depending where the TH slots load.

I believe this to be the base slots that are 100% for the non Boss wave 2 NMs. It has been months since I've seen Ratnaraj/Job Crystals so not sure if they are new slots or more replacements. Logs for info would need to know if its the bonus zone aswell, since that adds more slots(Just currency?).

Wave 2 Boss Slots were:
100% Slot 1 - Medal 100%
?% Slot 5 - Not always loaded, TH increases chance of Offering
100% Slot 2 - Blackened or Medal
100% Slot 3 - Blackened or Medal
100% Slot 4 - Blackened , Medal, or Body
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-22 17:20:20  
But my point is that you don't get 4 guaranteed drops on every Red Eyes NM that you kill.
You can get up to 5? 6 slots? I dunno but 4 are not guaranteed. And if they're not guaranteed, it means TH has an impact on them.

Not sure how many are guaranteed on Wave1 and Wave2 Red eyes, 2?
Definitely not 4? The Body slot is guaranteed and it's gonna be either one job or the other.
There's one currency guaranteed slot (that can be either medal or card?)
The two other <zone> slot are possible drops but not guaranteed.
Then there's other slots for more currency/medal and for the gem or moldy stuff.

Sorta same deal on Aurix. I've had Aurix dropping just a single thing, leading me to think only 1 drop is 100% guaranteed on him.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-11-22 17:44:40  
The simplified version

If you have ever seen a mob drop less items than you've ever seen drop, TH works on the mob.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 19:23:09  
Odin.Sudra said: »
16:37:25=== Area: Dynamis - Bastok [D] === 5/27/20
18:13:59You find a blackened identification card on the Joculator Commander.
18:13:59You find a pair of volte tights on the Joculator Commander.
18:13:59You find a heroism aggregate on the Joculator Commander.
18:13:59You find a piece of void torsowear: BRD on the Joculator Commander.

Thanks for this data Sudra, I also would like to know how accurate logger is for drops like this. Can it miss some items? I know my in game logs sometimes can sometimes be missing dropped items so not sure if logger would miss them if the client missed them to begin with.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 21:16:11  
If thats the case maybe only 2 currency slots are 100% instead of 3, I still feel like the TH slots are just inserted above the Volte slot unless we can get some logs with just 1 single currency and no Volte. It was a treasure zone so most likely why all ours had 1 extra currency base.

Red Eye NMs might be something like this then: 5 100% slots

100% Slot 1 Currency
[???% Slot Currency(Could be a few of these esp during Bonus zone)]
100% Slot 2 Currency/Volte
100% Slot 5 Aggregate
100% Slot 6 Aggregate
[???% Slot Aggregate]
100% Slot 7 VoidTorso

I don't see any logs with a Volte and additional Void(non body) or crystal so not sure if they are shared slots or not.

This one is mainly just a theory atm, nothing proven yet. Hopefully we can get more data.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-23 02:21:12  

100% Slot 1 Currency
100% Slot 5 Aggregate
100% Slot 6 Aggregate
[???% Slot Aggregate]
100% Slot 7 VoidTorso
You're forgetting the Void<slot> job1 and Void<slot> job2.
Two separate slots (both can dropa at the same time), don't think they're shared with any of the currency slots but who knows, would be interesting to check further.

What we know about these is that they are separate from the 100% Voidtorso slot, since I've seen all 3 drop at the same time.
Are they on an independent, TH influenced slot? Or do they share slot with Aggregate or Currency?
Same question about the Crystal (or Moldy for Wave1). Is it an additional, independent slot and so TH influenced?
Or does it share a slot with the Void<slot> or with Currency?

If I’m bored enough I’ll try seeing if I can find any single currency/no volte.
If you've got time please check Red Eyes (in both Wave1 and Wave2) that dropped one or more Void<slot> and <slot>shard.
Could be useful to understand if they have their own indpendent slot or if they share slot with some of the currency, or the Crystal/Moldy slot.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2020-11-23 11:22:40  

100% Slot 1 Currency
100% Slot 5 Aggregate
100% Slot 6 Aggregate
[???% Slot Aggregate]
100% Slot 7 VoidTorso
You're forgetting the Void<slot> job1 and Void<slot> job2.
Two separate slots (both can dropa at the same time), don't think they're shared with any of the currency slots but who knows, would be interesting to check further.

What we know about these is that they are separate from the 100% Voidtorso slot, since I've seen all 3 drop at the same time.
Are they on an independent, TH influenced slot? Or do they share slot with Aggregate or Currency?
Same question about the Crystal (or Moldy for Wave1). Is it an additional, independent slot and so TH influenced?
Or does it share a slot with the Void<slot> or with Currency?
You are also forgetting the absolute last slot of Job Crystal or Ratnaraj. And this slot isn't part of the Void/Shard slot because I have seen several times 2 void/shard drops and a Job Crystal or Ratnaraj. I don't remember if I ever seen both Job Crystal and Ratnaraj drop at the same time though.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-23 14:36:02  
Ok. It was pretty rare for me to get zone specific off of NMs, but I’ll see if I have any logs for it.
Oh? That's odd, it's pretty common for us. Well ONE is "common", getting BOTH is not lol.

We totally see more of that than Volte, for instance.
I never parsed but on average I'd say 3-4 per run at least.

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2020-11-24 11:49:35  
endxen said: »
Ok. It was pretty rare for me to get zone specific off of NMs, but I’ll see if I have any logs for it.
Oh? That's odd, it's pretty common for us. Well ONE is "common", getting BOTH is not lol.

We totally see more of that than Volte, for instance.
I never parsed but on average I'd say 3-4 per run at least.

Wish that was our case. We see 1 piece every 4-5 runs it seems like. TH and everything but not much luck on drop rates. We are on a much larger drought at the moment, our last piece of Volte dropped on 10/29 and we do it twice a week... Talk about "No Volte November"

Pretty sure they are talking about zone specific void and shards (which means no body void/shards that are 100%), not Volte.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-24 15:36:53  
Yes we were talking about zone specific Voids and Shards from Red Eyes.
They are not guaranteed drops (as far as we know?) and we usually get like 3 per run on average, maybe more.
 Ragnarok.Jukiro
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: ikariiiii
By Ragnarok.Jukiro 2020-11-24 16:43:02  
I usually average 0-1 volte and 0-1 neck mats per run while in San D'Oria off the wave 2 NMs. I have noticed that most of my volte/neck mat drops happen when I manage to proc TH12, and I go twice a week.