Volte Drop Rate (Working As Intended?)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
Volte Drop Rate (Working as Intended?)
By Felgarr 2020-11-03 06:25:25  
Bismarck.Mindslaver said: »
I wasn't referring to the Offering being in the #5 slot in the pool, just that it was the 5th item when there was an extra, That slot could just be loading between others. If the body could load in that slot I would expect there to be a screenshot somewhere at this point of 4 currency + body. I've never seen Offering with only 3 currency, always 4.

I can assure you of two things despite my only have 16 data points with Offerings dropped. The offering only appears in the second drop slot. When the offering does drop, there can be an additional 3-4 currency or medals:
Code
[23:40:25] You find a Kindred's medal on Fii Pexu the Eternal.
[23:40:25] You find an offering to the Yagudo on Fii Pexu the Eternal.
[23:40:25] You find a blackened identification card on Fii Pexu the Eternal.

Code
[15:11:02] You find a Kindred's medal on Fii Pexu the Eternal.
[15:11:02] You find an offering to the Yagudo on Fii Pexu the Eternal.
[15:11:02] You find a blackened identification card on Fii Pexu the Eternal.
 Carbuncle.Tace
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: tace
By Carbuncle.Tace 2020-11-03 07:51:47  
While rng is rng i will say our group has had the least amount of drops from bastok/sandy and the most from windy / juneo granted purely eye ball math but thats with going out way to allways try and clear wave 2 nms with a thf.
 Fenrir.Melphina
サーバ: Fenrir
user: melphina
By Fenrir.Melphina 2020-11-03 08:11:00  
Quote:
Does TH affect Volte drop rates?

Volte drops is one the few, remaining things that Treasure Hunter does in fact affect.

This. But drop rates are low and still random as heck. Volte drops are almost certainly in the "Super Rare" category of drops based off the chart S-E provided us on treasure hunter values (swart crystals fit into the very rare category as a reference of measure, and the aggregated drop rates we've seen and reported over the years support both of these claims). Here's the thread with the table; it's at the bottom of the main post.

https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/56550

So with treasure hunter 8 you only have 2.3% chance of seeing a drop, and if you get it to TH 12 you have a 4% chance. That's a huge bump up from the 0.5% without any TH at all. But it's still a small number and variance happens. I've personally seen two volte body's drop in roughly a year's time running dynamis, and non-body drops have ranged from no volte at all on some runs to a whopping 3 pieces on our best run. We average 1-2 pieces per run, but it's still random. Treasure hunter DOES affect volte drops though, so if you're not seeing any drops you just have to improve your random number generator skills and make the game roll better.
 Asura.Aquatiq
サーバ: Asura
user: Aquatiq
By Asura.Aquatiq 2020-11-03 11:17:35  
Do wave 3 NQ/HQ mobs actually drop volte? We've seen a couple dozen volte off of redeyes but not one in W3 since we started doing W3 ~half a year ago. We're always hoping... waiting... for the mobs called "Volte" to drop Volte. lol
 Bismarck.Firedemon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-03 11:22:58  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »
Do wave 3 NQ/HQ mobs actually drop volte? We've seen a couple dozen volte off of redeyes but not one in W3 since we started doing W3 ~half a year ago. We're always hoping... waiting... for the mobs called "Volte" to drop Volte. lol

No, which is *** stupid.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-03 11:22:59  
Asura.Aquatiq said: »

They don't. Only red eye statue NMs in wave 2.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
user: Mindhax
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-03 11:41:33  
Both of those drop sets have 4 currency total, I went though some VoDs and Offerings were definitely always Drop #2 with 4 currency total. Body also seems to be static slot replacing the last currency.

The TH affected slot just appears to load after the 1st pure medal slot, before the 3 slots that TH won't have any affect on.

Slot 1 - Medal 100%
Slot 2 - Not always loaded, TH increases chance of Offering
Slot 3 - Blackened or Medal
Slot 4 - Blackened or Medal
Slot 5 - Blackened , Medal, or Body (TH shouldn't work since the slot is 100%)

Overall Body droprate I would say is 5%. 1/20. It's just another case of Defending Ring, being unable to improve the odds.
[+]
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-03 15:12:10  
Felgarr said: »
there can be an additional 3-4 currency or medals:

Just incase there was some confusion, when I mention currency it was covering both singles and 100s in general. Not sure if you only call the singles "currency". In my eyes both are the general dropped currency like old Dynamis.
[+]
By Felgarr 2020-11-04 16:04:06  
Both of those drop sets have 4 currency total, I went though some VoDs and Offerings were definitely always Drop #2 with 4 currency total. Body also seems to be static slot replacing the last currency.

The TH affected slot just appears to load after the 1st pure medal slot, before the 3 slots that TH won't have any affect on.

Slot 1 - Medal 100%
Slot 2 - Not always loaded, TH increases chance of Offering
Slot 3 - Blackened or Medal
Slot 4 - Blackened or Medal
Slot 5 - Blackened , Medal, or Body

Overall Body droprate I would say is 5%. 1/20. It's just another case of Defending Ring, being unable to improve the odds.

I agree with what you've said here. 5% is high, I might guess that it's close to 5% with TH14, but I can't say for sure. I haven't looked at SE's TH table. (I try for TH14 on wave 2 bosses, simply because we're only given 1 attempt every 60 hours, so might as well squeeze out every potential benefit for a Volte drop).

there can be an additional 3-4 currency or medals:

Just incase there was some confusion, when I mention currency it was covering both singles and 100s in general. Not sure if you only call the singles "currency". In my eyes both are the general dropped currency like old Dynamis.

Yup. Agreed.
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-04 16:08:42  
[+]
By DrAntiSocial 2020-11-05 05:59:16  
I would go over 20 runs without seeing any its rare stuff.
By SimonSes 2020-11-05 11:48:25  
I agree with what you've said here. 5% is high, I might guess that it's close to 5% with TH14, but I can't say for sure. I haven't looked at SE's TH table. (I try for TH14 on wave 2 bosses, simply because we're only given 1 attempt every 60 hours, so might as well squeeze out every potential benefit for a Volte drop).

You agree with him, then you say "with TH14". That doesn't make sense at all man, since he clearly is saying he thinks its not affected by TH...
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-05 13:18:06  
Maybe I've been on the luckier end of the drop odds so 5% looked reasonable in my eyes, comparing SE's chart(5%) and BG's listed drop rates for Defending Ring(3-7%). (5% on ffxidb)

Considering its a shared slot(unless someone can provide a sample that shows otherwise) 1 body every 2-5 months has been pretty accurate for my group, and we don't always even go for wave 2 boss.

I'm not saying don't bring a THF if you have the option, just that for the body specifically it would just be a placebo.

A screenshot with 4 total currency(blackened and medals) and a body could change my opinion.

Until then with limited characters, ease of kill > placebo.
By Felgarr 2020-11-05 14:03:22  
SimonSes said: »

You agree with him, then you say "with TH14". That doesn't make sense at all man, since he clearly is saying he thinks its not affected by TH...

I didn't infer that from his post, but you're right apparently. He thinks TH is a placebo affect.

Maybe I've been on the luckier end of the drop odds so 5% looked reasonable in my eyes, comparing SE's chart(5%) and BG's listed drop rates for Defending Ring(3-7%). (5% on ffxidb)

Considering its a shared slot(unless someone can provide a sample that shows otherwise) 1 body every 2-5 months has been pretty accurate for my group, and we don't always even go for wave 2 boss.

I'm not saying don't bring a THF if you have the option, just that for the body specifically it would just be a placebo.

A screenshot with 4 total currency(blackened and medals) and a body could change my opinion.

Until then with limited characters, ease of kill > placebo.

While Thorny is right, my 30 consecutive runs of wave 2 boss kills in Windurst, is too small of a sample size, I wave able to get the body in 1/30 attempts with TH11-14 on all 30 kills. Calling TH a placebo is incredibly short-sighted and stupid, especially if you think TH is going to block you from a consistent kill.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-05 14:18:23  
Its the fact that that body replaces a currency. That slot is loaded 100% of the time. The exact % of blackened vs kindred vs body could be anything but its still a drop that is already guaranteed just like with defending ring.

It was 100% a pixie earring(~95%) or defending ring(~5%). TH can't improve the odds because TH only helps the slot load. I'm not saying i don't apply at least some TH, or have a THF occasionally, but i acknowledge that if the body is indeed a shared slot TH is just for ease of mind.(Unless you want the Offering)

Every source I've looked through where a body has dropped has always been in the last slot.
The slot would be something like
100% slot - Body(5%), Medal(10%), Blackened(85%) [Not exact %s]

Proof saying otherwise would need to be either only 3 currency total(and would need someone involved in the kill to be missing the body so it can actually load) or 4 currency and the body.
By Felgarr 2020-11-06 00:16:49  
Yup, I get it. I understand what you're saying, but I won't jump to the conclusion you choose to, based on your beliefs. We know for certain TH works one of two ways:

1.) TH increases the appearance of additional drop slots for some monsters.
2.) TH may increase the occurrence of an item that can appear in a drop slot, especially when more than one item can appear in that drop slot.

Exception: Some items are 100% drop, or in a dedicated, always available drop slot (and as a result are not affected by TH).

Folks believe #1, sure. But for #2, folks start to be skeptical, and call TH a placebo and that's just not true. The game doesn't have to be what we perceive as fair. For example, Omen Bosses will yield 3 drop slots and occasionally drop 2 scales or 1 scale, 1 armor, 1 material (and we cannot control whether an Omen body drops or an Utu Grip in that second slot, but we are lead to believe by SE, that increasing TH, increases the likelihood that a Rare, Very Rare or Super Rare item drop).

Extending this further, Ou can yield 3 or 4 drop slots, which can happen without any TH at all, but we are lead to believe that applying TH+ at higher levels, will yield a 4th drop slot. You can even get 2 Regal Hands drops from a 4 drop slot Ou fight. (I personally had this happen TWICE, at TH12....but Random is Random).

You can argue that TH may not be worthwhile to apply if it takes 30 minutes to get TH12, 13 or 14...but I don't agree with your idea that it has no effect or is a placebo. You personally may not value a 1% increase in drop rate, but for an event that has a 60 hour lockout (like Dynamis D), I'll keep applying TH, as long as it doesn't interfere with other event goals, like getting TEs, doing a Wave 3 clear, etc).
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-06 01:16:27  
Exception: Some items are 100% drop, or in a dedicated, always available drop slot (and as a result are not affected by TH).

For example, Omen Bosses will yield 3 drop slots and occasionally drop 2 scales or 1 scale, 1 armor, 1 material (and we cannot control whether an Omen body drops or an Utu Grip in that second slot

From all instances of bodies I've personally seen, and been able to find in screenshots and videos online, this is the exact kind of situation we have.

TH may have an affect on rare, very rare, or super rare drops IF that slot wasn't 100% to start, but we are talking about a slot that is always loaded, same as Utu Grip and Omen Bodies like you acknowledge we cannot control.
Volte Bodies have replaced the last currency in every source I've been able to find. Same exact situation as Omen Bodies. Multiple items sharing a 100% guaranteed slot.

By all means keep using a THF if it doesn't hinder anything, I'm just throwing it out there that the chance of TH not working is extremely high.

I know sample sizes are low since its a 60hr lockout, but we've had 8 bodies(4 of which no thf,) in the last 3 years.(There is a chance we've only actually gone after wave2 boss in ~half or even a quarter of the possible runs so maybe our rate is higher than 5%)
By Felgarr 2020-11-06 10:38:42  
TH may have an affect on rare, very rare, or super rare drops IF that slot wasn't 100% to start,

This is exactly what I'm trying to tell you/everyone is not true. #1 works. We know TH can give additional drop slots. #2, however, we cannot conclude definitively. If a Omen drop slot #2 can be a scale, an Utu grip or an omen body, we have no idea how exactly TH affects the drop rate of the scale, the utu grip or the omen body. It is not fair or accurate to dismiss the effects of TH in this case.
 Bismarck.Firedemon
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-11-06 10:52:27  
#2, however, we cannot conclude definitively.

I thought this was debunked years ago with Defending Ring/Pixie Earring?

The Omen drop slot opening up via TH isn't the same as Mind's theory.

Your small sample size doesn't prove/disprove the theory that a Dyna body acts like King Behemoth's drops. I think until a screenshot is provided, or a large sample size is tossed out there, I think everyone should just do w/e they think is best because a ***drop rate is a ***drop rate no matter which way you look at it.
By Felgarr 2020-11-06 11:06:42  
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »
#2, however, we cannot conclude definitively.

I thought this was debunked years ago with Defending Ring/Pixie Earring?

The Omen drop slot opening up via TH isn't the same as Mind's theory.

Your small sample size doesn't prove/disprove the theory that a Dyna body acts like King Behemoth's drops. I think until a screenshot is provided, or a large sample size is tossed out there, I think everyone should just do w/e they think is best because a ***drop rate is a ***drop rate no matter which way you look at it.

I think people just took the Pixie Earring/Defending Ring situation and ran with it for other drops. Pixie Earring/Defending Ring is a unique situation where the item always appears in dedicated slot and you'll get one or the other, without any application of TH, completely independent of TH. We cannot conclude definitively that other items/drops, like Scale/Utu Grip/Omen Body operate the same way ....(because they don't, and you should still be applying TH).
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2020-11-06 11:24:35  
If body is confirmed to always drop in place of another item, to a believable standard, it is reasonable to assume treasure hunter doesn't matter.

It is an uphill battle, with no supporting evidence, to suggest treasure hunter will alter the ratio of drops in a shared slot.

30 kills is absolutely nothing. To have meaningful data that indicates treasure hunter helps would need several hundred, both with and without it, for a droprate of ~5%.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-09 03:51:47  
For the sake of data, I'm reporting the Volte drop rate of our LS.
Numbers are actually higher but:
1) I'm sure we've missed tracking a few drops in all zones except Bastok (those are 99% accurate)
2) We weren't tracking drops at all before november 2018

So yeah, this is the data for two years of runs.

San D'Oria 41 runs
Head: 2
Body: 1
Hands: 3
Legs: 2
Feet: 2

Bastok 39 runs
Head: 2
Hands: 1
Legs: 1

Windurst 50 runs
Head: 3
Body: 5
Hands: 4
Legs: 5
Feet: 4

Jeuno 38 runs
Head: 3
Hands: 5
Legs: 3
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 00:36:37  
Had 2 Volte legs today in Bastok and noticed that it replaced the 3rd 100% currency slot both times, there is a good chance TH doesn't work on any Volte.

Super small sample size but its fitting same pattern. Videos from others had it replacing the 3rd currency slot also so it looks like it fits.

Just thought i would mention incase someone has more slot data for the non bodies.
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-11-22 02:04:44  

I got a Volte body in the 5th slot. I don't believe the megaboss always drops 5 items.
[+]
 Asura.Arico
user: Tename
By Asura.Arico 2020-11-22 02:25:31  

From just now... 4 drops.

TH probably helps.
 Bismarck.Mindslaver
By Bismarck.Mindslaver 2020-11-22 02:31:17  
Ya, the Offering just loads after the 1st 100% medal slot(1st currency slot), Body in the last slot(4th currency slot). TH helps the Offering to load in. Other 4 slots always loaded.

It is nice to see the offering and body in a screenshot, so thanks for posting!

For non bodies I would like some screenshots/logs of Volte placement when the extra slots load. Both Volte tonight had no extra currency.

100% Slot 1 Currency
100% Slot 2 Currency
100% Slot 3 Volte(Normally another currency)
100% Slot 4 Aggregate
100% Slot 5 Aggregate
100% Slot 6 VoidTorso

Haven't gotten Ratnaraj/Crystals in a long while either so not sure which slots they load in.

I know they can drop at least 6 total currency(Blackened/Kindred) but not sure of where the new slots load in relation to Volte. Atm I think it either stays in 3rd slot, or like body it stays in the last currency slot with more loading above it. If it moves from those positions though TH might still have a chance for non bodies.(Though by now we might have seen double Volte from 1 NM?)
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-11-22 06:13:48  
I don't think we've ever seen double Volte.
We've seen double Void and Volte though, not sure if that matters for your research.

I think, not 100% sure here though, that a few months ago we've seen a TRIPLE void/shard drop from a Red Eye. One was a guaranteed body of course, the others were both the zone shards/voids for both his jobs.
I need to ask my LS buddies because I can't remember which zone we were in and if it was Wave1 or Wave2.
Happened to us only that single time in all these years of bi-weekly runs though.
By SimonSes 2020-11-22 06:29:17  
Asura.Arico said: »

I got a Volte body in the 5th slot. I don't believe the megaboss always drops 5 items.

It might be confusing for some, but he is talking about 5th SLOT not 5th ROW from the top. His point is that 5th SLOT is loading in 2nd ROW and can only be Offering. Slot with body is in last 4th or 5th ROW depends if 5th SLOT loads or not.
[+]