言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Servers » Asura » JP Mercs ~rant~
JP Mercs ~rant~
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 11:39:45  
Asura.Elazar said: »
You do realize most people who play this game are in there mid 30s have partners,kids,jobs. And don’t have the time to play as much as they did, hell I sell crap all the time, but there are times I’m like fk it I want to do other ***. And I’ll buy something.

Yep, sure do. Been playing longer than most people who still play. It just perplexes me how people want to play this game but don't actually want to play it. They pay others to do stuff for them, bot and let the game play while they're afk. Why are you even playing? lol It sounds like people just want accolades they didn't earn.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Elazar1
By Asura.Elazar 2020-10-03 11:46:42  
Mattelot said: »
You do realize most people who play this game are in there mid 30s have partners,kids,jobs. And don’t have the time to play as much as they did, hell I sell crap all the time, but there are times I’m like fk it I want to do other ***. And I’ll buy something.

Yep, sure do. Been playing longer than most people who still play. It just perplexes me how people want to play this game but don't actually want to play it. They pay others to do stuff for them, bot and let the game play while they're afk. Why are you even playing? lol It sounds like people just want accolades they didn't earn.
I play because I enjoy it. And I been around since Ps2 beta. And I earned everything I have. Doesn’t mean I want to be glued to a screen for 5/6 hours a day also.
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-03 11:47:41  
Maybe just learn to accept that you don't have to have every job mastered?
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 11:54:18  
I play because I enjoy it. And I been around since Ps2 beta. And I earned everything I have. Doesn’t mean I want to be glued to a screen for 5/6 hours a day also.

I wish I could take credit for saying this but as someone else once said, if that's the case, maybe this game isn't for you (anymore) or anyone like it.

I'm married with a family now and I don't play anywhere near as often anymore. I don't progress super fast anymore and I'm fine with it.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2020-10-03 11:59:25  

I wish I could take credit for saying this but as someone else once said, if that's the case, maybe this game isn't for you (anymore) or anyone like it.

I'm married with a family now and I don't play anywhere near as often anymore. I don't progress super fast anymore and I'm fine with it.
Then you do you, do you pay these peoples subs? Let them do what they want if they suck *** who gives a crap lol. And let me guess you have never bought anything off a merc rite? Your absolutely perfect.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-10-03 11:59:45  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Norm on Asura now.

Doesn't anybody actually do things for themselves anymore? I can see merc to do things like Omen where you need people but paying people to play for you, etc. Why even play the game?

Feel the same about people who bot. It's silly.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
user: aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 12:01:43  
Asura.Suteru said: »
Maybe just learn to accept that you don't have to have every job mastered?

Spoken like somebody that Professor Oak wouldn't have entrusted a Pokedex to.

Gotta catch 'em all: Mastered jobs!
[+]
 Asura.Suteru
user: Suteru
By Asura.Suteru 2020-10-03 12:03:54  
Professor Oak was the one mercing Pokédex entries.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 12:06:20  
do you pay these peoples subs?

Very odd response. Of course I don't. And I wasn't dictating how anybody plays the game. Just asking the question of why people want to play the game but don't actually want to play the game. Big difference and for someone who says they've played as long as you have, I shouldn't have to explain the difference.

Wasn't an insult, just doesn't make sense. It's like those people who I see who pay others to earn them trophies on PSN but never play the game.
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 12:08:52  
This thread is starting to show that it has some potential.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 12:10:19  
No memes in your last 2 posts. Who are you and what have you done with Aeonova?
[+]
 Asura.Aeonova
By Asura.Aeonova 2020-10-03 12:14:46  
Just asking the question of why people want to play the game but don't actually want to play the game.

No memes in your last 2 posts. Who are you and what have you done with Aeonova?

I'm sorry to have let you down temporarily as I was making that one. There you go. Kind of groggy. Time for a nap.
[+]
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2020-10-03 12:18:08  
do you pay these peoples subs?

Very odd response. Of course I don't. And I wasn't dictating how anybody plays the game. Just asking the question of why people want to play the game but don't actually want to play the game. Big difference and for someone who says they've played as long as you have, I shouldn't have to explain the difference.

Wasn't an insult, just doesn't make sense. It's like those people who I see who pay others to earn them trophies on PSN but never play the game.
Not odd but whatever lol, and at the end of the day maybe they just want to do endgame with friends? Rather than a boring CP grind. And if you’re on asura if you don’t have xyz R15 rema they won’t take you lol. I dont even have yells on anymore though.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-03 12:21:22  
Why even play the game?

You ask this same question in every thread in this site, and you still havent found your answer?
[+]
By RadialArcana 2020-10-03 12:30:14  

They want to have fun doing the stuff they do and having master makes their jobs more fun, the bonus you get from job points is pretty massive.

It's like someone buying a boat, buying a fishing pole and driving to a fishing spot to do some fishing after work for a few hours. As opposed to some guy chopping down a tree, making a boat from that, making a fishing pole and hiking 20 miles to the pond.

They do play, they just don't want to do things they find boring.
[+]
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 12:40:46  
Not odd but whatever lol, and at the end of the day maybe they just want to do endgame with friends? Rather than a boring CP grind. And if you’re on asura if you don’t have xyz R15 rema they won’t take you lol. I dont even have yells on anymore though.

Your friends won't take you if you don't have a rema? Good friends...

Pantafernando said: »
You ask this same question in every thread in this site, and you still havent found your answer?

First time asking is asking in every thread? o_O

RadialArcana said: »
They want to have fun doing the stuff they do and having master makes their jobs more fun, the bonus you get from job points is pretty massive.

It's like someone buying a boat, buying a fishing pole and driving to a fishing spot to do some fishing after work for a few hours. As opposed to some guy chopping down a tree, making a boat from that, making a fishing pole and hiking 20 miles to the pond.

They do play, they just don't want to do things they find boring.

You don't have to make a boat to be a fisherman. A better comparison would be having someone else fish for you then you tell people you're a pro fisherman.

Oh well, I guess its just like the people I mentioned who pay for trophies. Whatever makes them feel better about themselves.
[+]
 Asura.Valen
user: Rhad
By Asura.Valen 2020-10-03 13:38:15  
Asura.Botosi said: »
Norm on Asura now.

Doesn't anybody actually do things for themselves anymore? I can see merc to do things like Omen where you need people but paying people to play for you, etc. Why even play the game?

I have 600 days of play time. I play it my way and I have fun my way. Grinding Job Levels isn't fun for me. Therefore...
By Afania 2020-10-03 14:19:36  

JP farm is pretty much anti-thesis of "fun" in FFXI...

I enjoy challenging content like ambuscade or master trials, where coordination is required. But without JP on a job/character I can't do these. May as well skip it so I can play the "fun" part of FFXI.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2020-10-03 14:33:15  
Repetition is the easiest tool to proficiency. It used to be that through EXP'ing a job to 75, one spent so much time on that job they learned that job. CP is the new "grind" part of the game since EXP'ing has become so quick- and also a solo experience via trusts and EXP bonus gifts via RoE/RoV.

So for the experienced player who already understands game mechanics, the CP grind becomes less important as that "training time"...but it still is valuable for someone just starting OR building up a job of a different function than their current jobs.

I personally don't want people figuring out how to play WHM in Dynamis-Divergence, or a tank learning the mechanics of things during a HELM fight. Learn the basics via the CP grind, then perfect your playing abilities in the higher content.

Yes, this game is incredibly based on gear and patterns, but that doesn't mean you just need gear and stars above your head to be good.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 15:05:37  
I still think people are trying to rationalize when the game clearly isn't for them or for them anymore.
[+]
By fillerbunny9 2020-10-03 15:09:56  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »
Repetition is the easiest tool to proficiency. It used to be that through EXP'ing a job to 75, one spent so much time on that job they learned that job. CP is the new "grind" part of the game since EXP'ing has become so quick- and also a solo experience via trusts and EXP bonus gifts via RoE/RoV.

So for the experienced player who already understands game mechanics, the CP grind becomes less important as that "training time"...but it still is valuable for someone just starting OR building up a job of a different function than their current jobs.

I personally don't want people figuring out how to play WHM in Dynamis-Divergence, or a tank learning the mechanics of things during a HELM fight. Learn the basics via the CP grind, then perfect your playing abilities in the higher content.

Yes, this game is incredibly based on gear and patterns, but that doesn't mean you just need gear and stars above your head to be good.

if actually playing the job to 75 made proficient players, there wouldn't have been so many terrible players at 75 cap
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-10-03 15:10:05  
I still think people are trying to rationalize when the game clearly isn't for them or for them anymore.

Sunken Cost fallacy is strong with MMO. I've already put ten thousand hours into it, I should keep putting more into it instead of moving on.

The company depends on that. No matter how bad it gets, you won't even complain. Just keep sinking more time into it.
By Pantafernando 2020-10-03 15:12:54  
And Im starting to think youre just cant live in real society if you cant understand different people have different thoughts, different values, different reason.

And your answers are alway destructive opinions to the one you dont aggre.
 Asura.Elazar
By Asura.Elazar 2020-10-03 15:15:28  
Have to play his way or “you are not playing” the game rite..
By Mattelot 2020-10-03 15:15:39  
Pantafernando said: »
And Im starting to think youre just cant live in real society if you cant understand different people have different thoughts, different values, different reason.

And your answers are alway destructive opinions to the one you dont aggre.

Oh, I get it that people are different. I'm referring to those who just want to skip earning anything. People who bot or pay for their wins will come up with any excuse. I can't even say I've seen the silliest in this thread.

Have to play his way or “you are not playing” the game rite..

Nobody is even remotely insinuating that. Stop being silly.
[+]
 Asura.Trumpet
user: Trumpet
By Asura.Trumpet 2020-10-03 15:21:48  
The JP grind can be useful, at last for a few hundred points. Def a diminishing return on it as you try to master more jobs tho, so I don't fault ppl for buying with as cheap as they are. Learning stuff like how to make distortion on jobs that "can't" is fun to me :]

Honestly if not for all the su3/4/5 equipment it probably wouldn't be so big an issue, but some of that gear can be so job altering it's kinda hard to miss out on.
[+]
 Leviathan.Isiolia
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2020-10-03 15:27:31  
Leviathan.Celebrindal said: »

While there certainly are some things players will pick up in XP/CP parties, the general design of this game means there's a lot they won't. Nevermind that it doesn't take nearly as much time to pick up on as those things can take.

The inherent issue is how discrete different activities are here. You get XP over here, gil over there, gear progression from this other thing... and you tend to optimize for the particular task.

Mob selection, and in turn strategies, can tend to be very different when you're deliberately choosing things that are very easy and efficient to grind for hours on end.

Not that I'm saying people should buy their way, just, they aren't learning as much from doing it themselves as we might like to think.
[+]